Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision (126466 Views)

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision / Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2019
byrron:
I watched this boxing match from the beginning to the end and there was something that stand out for me during the entire exchange, Joshua was very disciplined from the beginning to the end.

Joshua had a game plan to stay calm and remained focus even when provoked by the jabs from Ruiz at the back of his head on some occasions but he still maintained his cool and never sort to revenge rather he remained disciplined and did school the man on boxing.

He has also mastered the art of keeping a far range from his opponent which he perfectly executed on Ruiz and he never tried to go for a KO because he would have been the victim since Ruiz has crazy combinations with quicker hands and knocking such a fat cow down will need some miraculous assistance and AJ understood this perfectly well which was why he went for the point's while keeping his distance.

Discipline was the strategy that paid off tonight.
Oloshi ruiz lo grow fat, expecting AJ would apply a KO strategy where his strength lies grin. He has failed to tealise a KO is just one of many strategies to win in boxing. Hope he plays wise next time.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by BluntBoy(m): 11:09am On Dec 08, 2019
ruggedtimi:
boring match... Joshua doesnt look convincing. Joshua Vs Wilder. Next, Congrats AJ

He just wanted to win.

I was disappointed too. But when you frollick with a defensive boxer like Wladmir Klitschko, you tend to come out very boring but successful.

For a man who humiliated him and kicked his ass around all night back in June, one would expect some sort of violent revenge from Joshua, but all he did was follow Klitschko's advice: run, grab, and press down. Just survive!!!If he stays close to Wladmir Klitschko, he would definitely beat Wilder if Wilder manages to beat Fury (which is unlikely).

But, at least, he got the result. Now, he is back in the mix for a unification bout.

But for now, I don't see him beating any of Fury or Wilder. A little more work on his defense (still learning how to lean), he should beat Wilder by UD.

Oh, I forgot that Wilder is taller than Joshua so leaning would not work. But Joshua's defense is still suspect. And anyone with a poor defence who enters that ring with Wilder, sorry would be his name.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by BluntBoy(m): 11:16am On Dec 08, 2019
fairfora:
Oloshi ruiz lo grow fat, expecting AJ would apply a KO strategy where his strength lies grin. He has failed to tealise a KO is just one of many strategies to win in boxing. Hope he plays wise next time.

What was the need to call him oloshi

Many of you are destroying boxing with your Nigerian style of loving and hating. There is no need to antagonize Ruiz simply because Joshua has Nigerian ancestry.

Both men got nothing but respect for each other. You should respect both men too.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by seunmsg(m): 11:19am On Dec 08, 2019
BENARI:
Clearly all the various tribes in Nigeria are guilty of tribal biase.
Reading through the comments, every post critical of Aj have been denounced as hate and jealousy, whereas every praise have been applauded.

I've seen the same trend when the person of interest is Igbo or from another tribe.

Therefore, all tribes in Nigeria are hateful and envious; any finger pointing is nothing but hypocrisy.

Now having said that, here's my opinion about the fight; I think Aj did great, for me the best performance of his career. He fought to instruction with a lot of energy to his Credit. I never he could sustain the leg movements all through the match.

Andy is a formidable opponent who can shock any unwary Boxer. He reminds me of Canelo who by the way was there yesterday.

Notwithstanding, I agree with those who have said, it's either Joshua lacks self belief in his full potentials or does not really have that much potential as we would like to imagine. I can't bet that Joshua has a 50:50 chance against weilder or fury and neither will most person's here irrespective of where our bias shifts. An Aj victory against Andy yesterday did not come to any of us as a surprise, because we expect he should be able to beat Andy, but won't s victory against fury or weilder be a upset?

My point; Joshua is a great boxer and has done Well, but unless he has some potential he is hiding within him, he's not a TRUE CHAMP, at least not today.

Congratulations to Aj and Nigeria

And please Yorubas have every reason to celebrate there Own.

So, who is a true champion?

Let’s start with Wilder, how many real fighter has he fought in his entire career? Why did he refuse to fight Klitchko? When he had the opportunity to fight Dillian Whyte, he ducked the fight. When Joseph Parker had the WBO belt from 2016 to 2018, Wilder had the chance to fight him and add the belt to his collection, again, he ducked Parker. Joshua on the other hand took up the challenge against these boxers. He defeated Whyte in 2015, ended Klitchko’s career in 2017 and then defeated Parker in 2018 to add the WBO title to his collection.

As far as I’m concerned, the only serious opponent that Wilder has fought in all of his boxing career is Fury. And guess what, he fought Fury simply because he thought Fury was finished. At the end of the day, they had to rob a-not-so fit Fury to get a draw. So, how is he a more worthy champion than Joshua?

And talking about Fury, he has had only two real fights in his career. First was against Klitchko when he danced round the ring to defeat him just like Joshua did yesterday night. When it was time to defend his title, he ran away and Joshua stepped up to save British boxing. Joshua did not dance round Klitchko, he knocked him out in the seventh round and ended his career. His second serious fight was against Wilder last year and it ended in a draw.

Joshua on the other hand had fought so many serious opponents and came out victorious. To his credit, he had fought Klitchko, Whyte, Parker, Puvetkin and Andy Ruiz. He is a more worthy champion than Wilder and Fury combined and he’s still going on strong. He will fight whoever wins the Wilder vs Fury rematch next year.

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Neimar: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2019
Balogunodua:

Like sey ur fada fit beat mosquito. ODE

u re a fool

ur papa na failure

church rat
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Balogunodua(m): 11:40am On Dec 08, 2019
Neimar:

u re a fool
ur papa na failure

church rat
See dis product of leaking condom :-
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by purples25(f): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2019
I'm really happy that Anthony Joshua won
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 08, 2019
GOOOGLE504:

you cud as well try the app, live tv
Okay, thanks
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by quickly: 11:46am On Dec 08, 2019
Just because Ruiz is fat doesn’t mean he is a good fighter.

If you look at Joshuas previous opponents most of the easiest ones were the apola guys will
Big muscles.

Check YouTube for Joshua vs Charles Martin , Kevin Johnson, Dilian Whyte , Dominic breazel.

I have been following AJ since his 1st fight so in terms of physique, Ruiz is the worst shaped but the guy has fast hands. Plus his father is his coach
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by BENARI: 11:54am On Dec 08, 2019
seunmsg:

So, who is a true champion?

Let’s start with Wilder, how many real fighter has he fought in his entire career? Why did he refuse to fight Klitchko? When he had the opportunity to fight Dillian Whyte, he docked the fight. When Joseph Parker had the WBO belt from 2016 to 2018, Wilder had the chance to fight him and add the belt to his collection, again, he docked Parker. Joshua on the other hand took up the challenge against these two boxers. He defeated Whyte in 2015, ended Klitchko’s career in 2017 and then defeated Parker in 2018 to add the WBO title to his collection.

As far as I’m concerned, the only serious opponent that Wilder has fought in all of his boxing career is Fury. And guess what, he fought Fury simply because he thought Fury was finished. At the end of the day, they had to rob a-not-so fit Fury to get a draw. So, how is he a more worthy champion than Joshua?

And talking about Fury, he has had only two real fights in his career. First was against Klitchko when he danced round the ring to defeat him just like Joshua did yesterday night. When it was time to defend his title, he ran away and Joshua stepped up to save British boxing. Joshua did not dance round Klitchko, he knocked him out in the seventh round and ended his career. His second serious fight was against Wilder last year and it ended in a draw.

Joshua on the other hand had fought so many serious opponents and came out victorious. To his credit, he had fought Klitchko, Whyte, Parker, Puvetkin and Andy Ruiz. He is a more worthy champion than Wilder and Fury combined and he’s still going on strong. He will fight whoever wins the Wilder vs Fury rematch next year.

I love your detailed unbaised analysis. I do agree with you on the great strides Joshua has made. No Body myself inclusive really doubted Ajs ability to perform at the highest level until he fought Andy.

As a matter of fact most people didn't watch his first fight with Andy because we were all looking forward to his fight with Wilder. And for me that fight did so many things to Aj;

1. It appears to me that that fight created doubt in Ajs mind about his personal ability

2. It exposed his weaknesses

3. Judging from what we saw yesterday, Joshua had to be fury to win, which for me was a good thing but not such a good thing for Aj. The future will judge though, but I love it when people can excel using there natural talent. Aj is not a fury or Ali kind of fighter which was what he mimicked yesterday and it worked for him. I consider him a power puncher.
There were times in that match yesterday when he could and wanted to land the heavy punches, but he seemed unsure because he had been told not to do that.
My question is, what happens when he meets a fury for example? Will he beat fury to his game or will he revert to a style he now doubts as being efficient?

That said, I think what Aj needs is to toughen his chin, and improve his defences and reflex.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Neimar: 11:54am On Dec 08, 2019
Balogunodua:

See dis product of leaking condom :-

ode

FAILED OLD FOOL
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
KosiGee:

He might turn out a different fighter with a different tactics in Fury and Wilder fights if they happen.
I have no doubt about Aj’s talent and abilities. Note that what I wrote was my observations and sentiments. Anthony Joshua took gold in the Olympics...that’s huge. You gotta have skills to outpoint your opponent’s in the brutish amateur boxing where you’d face the best from Cuba, Us and the Eastern Europe.

Since the Kevin Johnson’s fight, all the guys he fought after that had either zero loss record or very highly rated. He gave them their first losses with TKOs...he fought Dillian Whyte, Takam, Parker, Klitschko etc and beat them convincingly.

If anyone could beat him, I never could predict it would be John Ruiz jnr however talented he might be. I still think Anthony Joshua would beat him again and again if they fight again.

I’m only concerned that mentally and psychologically, with all the fame, huge bank accounts and other endorsements, the passion for boxing might have somehow departed or somehow appear to be slipping away.

If he comes into any fight with the mentality that propelled him to victory against Klischko, Whyte, Parker, Povetkin, he would rattle and maybe best Wilder and Fury in my opinion, however if he fights like he has done in the last two fights, someone like Fury would out jab and frustrate him. Wilder would spot the weakness in his tactics. It’ll take one lucky swing or a measured delivery of his Bronze hammer to put Aj on the canvas. I hope that doesn’t happen.
Good submission...to pick gold in any game in the Olympics, you must be super good and world champion. In a game of football, every opponent applies different tactics and strategies, all geared towards victory....either 4-4-2 or another formation and same applies in every game...since the beginning of AJ's career, all those he had beaten got their defeats with his different tactics.

I watched his fight against Vladimir Klitschko, it was a different ball game. Common man, anyone who defeats Klitschko is a winner anyday, should he maintain the tempo. Who says Klitschko is tired? In height, experience, wits and strength, Klitschko has got it all. No be him stop the destiny of our own samuel peters aka, the nightmare? I read comments here and inside of me, I could rate all I've read on the line of sentiments, inexperience and illiteracy in the game of boxing.

Ajs performance last night was super good. Ruiz did his best but his best wasn't good enough. He was targeting a KO from Joshua but the dude had a much better tactics, using his height and keeping a distance while punching him...that's experience. He really prepared well on Ruiz weakness. We dont expect him to apply same strategy on fury or wilder. Good luck to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by junique629(f): 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
Aj for President 2023

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
12inchess:

We all know Nigeria is a shit country and you dont have to remind us. Even I won't advice anyone to leave the opportunity to fight for U. K to fight for Nigeria. But all that I have written here doesnt change his Nigerian ancestry.
Nigeria isn't a shit country. Fulanis have rewritten the name of our union as a country. Did you see the manner the DSS stormed courtroom to arrest sowore? That's the highest level of lawlessness any leader could attain and if anyone breaks the law in Nigeria, they treat the person like an animal meanwhile, our leaders are far worse than apes. Buhari is a lawless leader. Over 48 hours after the incident, he has not uttered a word. I'm disappoints in prof Osinbajo, the parrot keyamo who calls himself a human rights activist and all other senior lawyers in the apc..they've all kept quiet...SANs for that matter. Fulanis do not have anything to offer this country than remain parasites and rear children like pigs. They're not supposed to near the corridor of power because they'd mess it up as they're currently doing. They lack managerial and leadership attributes. Imagine Joshua was living in Nigeria, he'd probably have been useless and his star would have dimmed for life. Samuel peters who had the opportunity of going to Atlanta Olympic games discovered himself and became world champions at a time.

Take foolanis hands off the radar of leadership and you watch our country soar. But would the likes of Tinubu onojekuje, agbaaya allow this happen?

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by chigoizie7(m): 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
Keenmind2019:

Are u in prison?

Nooo, but I want to help the less privileged like him.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
BluntBoy:

What was the need to call him oloshi

Many of you are destroying boxing with your Nigerian style of loving and hating. There is no need to antagonize Ruiz simply because Joshua has Nigerian ancestry.

Both men got nothing but respect for each other. You should respect both men too.
OK blunt. I didn't mean to insult him. It was just a means of making a mockery of him which is normal in any game. Did you see what happened in Mexico the day ruiz beat Joshua? They were calling UK and blacks all members of names. Wilder in usa even tweeted that AJ's fight since the beginning of his career was fake. Im sure you'd not say those words sounded Mexican or american to you...as you posted on Nigeria in your comment. Calling Ruiz oloshi doesn't make me hate him or like him. If your read my previous comments, I saluted his performance in the last night's fight.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Tareq1105: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
ruggedtimi:
boring match... Joshua doesnt look convincing. Joshua Vs Wilder. Next, Congrats AJ

Ask Ruiz when next you see him.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by stormborn28(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
Cosmatikka:
AJ baby, congrats to you.
Smash DJ cuppy's gelatosious pussay tonight with reckless abandon grin
shocked
Cosmatikka:
AJ baby, congrats to you.
Smash DJ cuppy's gelatosious pussay tonight with reckless abandon grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by 12inchess: 3:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
you must be so dumb. you said you don't want to talk about citizenship but you replied a comment talking about citizenship. I am done with you
Fu. Ck you too. White man co.cksucker. I don't give a damn about his citizenship or which flag he fights for. I only care about his Nigeria origin.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by yoyo4456: 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
Formula to play online slots really works with slotxo
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by owbabs: 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Merimental(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2019
ofemigeorge:
rubbish fight .... joshua is over rated... running up and down ..... taking cheap shoot ..... where is wilder abeg come show this Aj boy what boxing is all about.

his legs where shaking at at andy punch....

gone are the days of real aggressive boxing... tyson and co.... now pancake boys have taken over the game....

rubbish

angry
overhyped boxer.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
ofemigeorge:
rubbish fight ....
joshua is over rated...
running up and down .....
taking cheap shoot .....
where is wilder abeg come show this Aj boy what boxing is all about.

his legs where shaking at at andy punch....

gone are the days of real aggressive boxing... tyson and co....
now pancake boys have taken over the game....

rubbish

angry
What you want is street fighting not boxing. AJ will teach Wilder an unforgettable lesson.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 / Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / Ghana Vs Nigeria: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 25th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.