Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:20 PM

Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) (1795 Views)

Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by mysportdab: 11:11pm On Dec 07, 2019
Anthony Joshua has successfully retaken his heavyweight belts after defeating rival Andy Ruiz Jr in a very exciting rematch in Saudi Arabia, MySportDab reports.

Joshua has regained the WBA (Super), WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweighttitles on Saturday night.

The Olympic gold medallist erased the memory of his first professional loss with an exquisite performance in front of a sold-out crowd at the Diriyah Arena.

MySportDab understands Joshua jabbed and moved his way to a unanimous decision victory, which brought about the end of Ruiz Jr's reign as unified
champion.

Joshua set the tone for the fight from the outset, peppering Ruiz Jr with a lightening-quick jab.

His rangey jab - which he failed to utilise in their first meeting - kept a dogged Ruiz Jr at bay and allowed him to utilise his nifty footwork.

Ruiz Jr’s attempts to find Joshua’s chin seldom bore fruit, though he did have some success in the fourth and 11th rounds.

Victory over Ruiz Jr saw Joshua follow in Lennox Lewis’ footsteps and become a two-time ruler of the heavyweight division.

Source: https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/12/breaking-anthony-joshua-defeats-andy.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by Crofton: 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2019
cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2019
The last day I felt tensed before this evening was the day I went to a hospital for HIV test.
Congratulations Anthony Joshua.

Those who are boxing fans and those who have watched the classics that ESPN air will agree that this looked like Mohammed Ali vs Joe Frazier 2.
There is why it is called boxing and not street fighting. Since a tall person cannot have superhuman arms like Mike Tyson, he can actually employ some wisdom like Ali.

Ali said " Fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee". That is exactly what AJ did this night.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by mysportdab: 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2019
Crofton:
cheesy

Yesss grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by MOVERSMAG: 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2019
Yes oooo
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by Blameless2: 11:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
He followed instructions, & its a big congratulation to him & his team.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
shocked

Very undeserved win.
All these hype and preparation just to beat an unfit, blubbery Andy Ruiz?
What will he do if he ever faces Mayweather?

The truth be told.
Anthony Joshua is at best a pedestrian boxer who is luckily overrated by our English press.

I won't even mention Ali or Tyson.
We've seen Foreman, Seldon, Frazier, Lewis, Robinson or Marciano perform.
Joshua does not even remotely fit into any of their molds but we've tagged him amongst the greatest simply because of his Nigerian ancestry.

This nepotistic sentiments are the sole undoing of our nation Nigeria.

See how unkempt he even looked.
To think he obeyed Ifa's instructions of having no hair cut till after the match.

SMH.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by starbuck(f): 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
Congratulations AJ
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by mysportdab: 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by helinues: 11:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
Congrats to AJ

And Thanks to NTA Ilorin for showing the match live
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
grin Like for AJ, Share for Ruiz

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by Crofton: 11:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
mysportdab:

Yesss grin

I know say Joshua go beat the fat fellow, If no be money, person for like watch am live for Saudi .
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by landmark86: 11:16pm On Dec 07, 2019
Now am happy
Congrats AJ
Congrats Nigeria

I pray I see bike to take me down to my house 2nit.
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:16pm On Dec 07, 2019
END OF THE MATCH .

From all of us @ : CONGRATULATIONS ANTHONY JOSHUA.

Not the most exciting boxing match,
but he did what he had to do and barely broke a sweat.

Tactics won the game for him tonight.

Rightly so.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by peeddy(m): 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
Nice. The first step he took for defeating Ruiz is by avoiding Drake. Keep avoiding Drake! Meanwhile congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2019
Congrat to anthony olaseni oluwafemi Joshua cool

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by landmark86: 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very undeserved win.

To think he obeyed Ifa's instructions of having no hair cut till after the match.

SMH.

Keep quite man

The money he won tonite your generation unborn can't make.....

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by icon007(m): 11:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
The first was scripted for this match to happen.... If he had lost, he would have lost a great deal!
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by psalmz(m): 11:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hi
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by NaijaDonCast(m): 11:39pm On Dec 07, 2019
K.O to AJ i still think the first game was fixed look at the money Joshua pocketed just for losing
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by LegendaryLover(m): 12:02am On Dec 08, 2019
congrats AJ.

from now on, avoid drake - that nig.ga is possessed
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by LegendaryLover(m): 12:08am On Dec 08, 2019
AJ u have done well to win the match. Now is the time to celebrate with dj Cuppy's kpekus. Remember to burst that as.s

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by ColdHeatt: 12:09am On Dec 08, 2019
If Joshua had lost. The pain would have been too heavy on us Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by Pidginwhisper: 12:14am On Dec 08, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

[s]Very undeserved win.

The truth be told.
Anthony Joshua is at best a pedestrian boxer who is luckily overrated by our English press.

Joshua does not even remotely fit into any of their molds but we've tagged him amongst the greatest simply because of his Nigerian ancestry.

SMH.
[/s]
AJ and Mayweather? And i been dey think say you get sense

8 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Andy Ruiz Jr In Rematch, Gets His Belts Back (Photos) by yemex04(m): 6:47am On Dec 08, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very undeserved win.

The truth be told.

SMH.

Very funny how u sound seriously pained..I am suprised at your rantings over issue that barely concerns you..It's not as if you are analysing the match,only rantIng as if the dude snatched your Babe!! Or are you eyeing DJ CUPPY?

(1) (Reply)

The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years / Nba Fan Pass '10 - '11 / Ex Super Eagle Player Uche Okafor Commits Suicide! Friends Say He Was Cheerful.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.