Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,972 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:39 AM

A Thorn in the Flesh 2 - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Thorn in the Flesh 2 (54750 Views)

A Thorn In The Flesh / POUND OF FLESH (episode 1) Written By Tolulope Olulola / A Pound Of Flesh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Adeola25(f): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2020
See them, one of Henry's friends. Lol
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Saturn101: 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
Skipperrabiu:

i love the guy sha as he dey bang chicks easly wish i was him but i won't 4uck edith she's under age

At 19, a girl is not under age.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 8:10am On Jun 22, 2020
She looked shocked by what I said. “Small, yet you sucked on them as if your life depended on them.”

“I’m sorry I did that. I’m like an uncle to you, so I will stop that kind of thing.”

“You’re not my uncle, Henry.”

I was surprised she would call me by name just like that. “Why don’t you just show me what you wanted to show me instead of all these talks?”
I grinned. “Well, since you’re not really an underage, maybe I should show you.”

My hands went to her chest and fondled her tits. In return, her left hand reached down and fondled my chest.

“The fact is, I’m feeling spirited, just touching these,” I mumbled. “You’re such a pretty young thing.”

She reached into my underwear and held my erection. “Did I tell you how much I love your erection? You’re so thick. You stretch me beautifully.”

Staring into my eyes, she brushed her lips against mine and paused, her breath warm and clean. She said in a voice scarcely above a whisper:

“When I hold you like this, I get so turned on. I can’t stop thinking, I’m holding a real man’s erection, actually touching him. I get so Hot having that feeling. My heart beats faster and I get warm. My breasts feel fuller and cry out to be touched.”

“I know. That’s why I’m caressing them right now, Edith.” I continued teasing the tits, my cock straining.

She rubbed her hand more on my phallus, especially around the head, and smiled softly. “I like your ‘thing’. I like holding and handling it.”

I noticed that something slipped into her eyes, something exciting and titillating.

She whispered, “Please take me, Henry. Please, handle me like the most precious person you’ve ever handled.”

I grunted. Suddenly we started moving. Our underwear were shoved off – my boxer was removed while her panty was shoved down. Now naked, I could see how pretty and fresh she looked.

Gripping my shaft, the tip touched her pussy and I thrust. She gasped. I buried myself inside her in one stroke. She pulled on my shoulders bringing me down.

I withdrew and bleeped into her, her body shoved up on the bed, and she responded, “Harder. Bleep me harder, Henry.”

I grunted again. I engaged in the act harder, thrusting into her tight, moist pussy, a silken sheath driving my desire higher. Edith crossed her ankles behind me and tugged, urging me on.

I banged her hard and fast, selfishly, and she moaned, quaked, and climaxed, her body heaving, pussy clenching, breasts shaking.

Still I continued the act, thrusting deep, withdrawing almost completely and thrusting again, each stroke exquisite pleasure. She recovered from her climax and started writhing underneath me again.

I suddenly decided to pull out.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Ann2012(f): 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
Well done oooo
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by EngrMcDon(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Henry the banger, the only thing be say you no sabi chop clean mouth,....... this one go born twin for you
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
;DAnn2012 post=Well done oooo
Pls why is it that most ladies found themselves attractive to sexual topics , women alway like sex but they will be acting holly , see this one as she dey hail as if na she henry dey bang
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by FantasticJ: 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ann2012:
Well done oooo

Sweetheart, Henry don dey spoil oooooo.

How's your day going babe?

OP, thank you for the regular updates.

You are Corodenied.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Ann2012(f): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
FantasticJ:

Sweetheart, Henry don dey spoil oooooo.

How's your day going babe?

OP, thank you for the regular updates.

You are Corodenied.

My day is going well dear, yours
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2020
Sweating, my orgasm slammed into me, cock swelling, swelling, aching and, with a loud gasp, “My oh my!” I exploded into her. I could feel my semen erupting in a huge, gut-wrenching spurt.

I withdrew, but only momentarily. I thrust again, coming harder with another breath-taking explosion. The semen shot seemingly endlessly.

Humping over her gorgeous ass, I exploded, semen bursting, sweet bliss coursing through me. I came hard, swelling and spurting, her pussy very slippery. With a final, almost painful thrust, my orgasm passed and I slowed, stopped, my full weight on her.

“How did you do it?” I asked, trying to regain my breath.

Edith panted and looked up at me. “Did what?”

“How did you manage to drive me so crazy?”

She smiled without saying a word in answer. Then, she chuckled.

Now, I was exhausted. Still with short, fast breath, I rolled to the side of the bed. Edith’s dark hair was an utter mess. It partially covered her face. The dark eyes peeked out at me, a smile curling the corners of her lips. It showed that she enjoyed the act as much as I did.

We lay on the bed for several minutes.

“What are we eating tonight?” she asked. “What do I cook?”

“We’ll eat out,” I answered.

After getting our energy back, we cleaned off. I put on a t-shirt and a chinos trouser while she went to her room to wear jeans and t-shirt. I made up my mind then that by that weekend, I would give her some money to go for shopping and buy some clothes for herself.

I drove to an eatery not far from my residence. There, we ordered for intercontinental dishes.

The meal was sumptuous and we both enjoyed it. I drove slowly back to the house.

I took a bottle of French wine out and asked Edith to get two glasses. “A nightcap like this is very refreshing,” I said.

We sat together on a sofa and savored our drinks.

“Are you always this nice?” she asked.

I chuckled. “Am I nice?”

“Of course, you are. You are the nicest man I’ve ever met.”

Wasn’t that wonderful? I smiled at her. “Thanks for the compliment. As for you, I think you’re the cutest girl I’ve ever come across.”

She smiled coyly. “But then, I’m not a girl. I’m a lady; a young lady.”

She drew closer to me. With my second finger, I drew an imaginary image on her right thigh.

“I somehow find that exciting,” she said.

“Hmn, I was hoping it would be.”

From the thigh, my hand moved to her mid-section and rubbed her petite belly. Her mouth moved up in a desire of wanting a kiss. Well, since my lips and the hand could do simultaneous equation, I gladly did it.

I wasn’t getting the best of things, so I decided to go unclad.

When I was finally naked I discovered that I was feeling much less in control of the situation. Well, it was a mutual thing and she was well in control as I was. But then, it was always better and important that the man should remain in control.

Beautiful, nubile, exuberant, or not, I must assert myself.

I moved close to her again. I pressed my body against her body. My erection nuzzled between the cheeks of her ass. I have to be careful not to move around too much.

Her sexy back wasn't where I wanted to deposit the fruits of my orgasm. I had learnt from Yetunde. Without condom, I would not spill my semen inside a lady again.

Gingerly, I reached around and cupped her breasts. She moaned in pleasure and I knew exactly how she was feeling. My hands kneaded her soft, firm flesh and I leaned down and kissed her neck and her shoulders.

As I teased her like that, I listened to her breathing. It became louder and more rapid. The strangest thought flashed through my head. For just a second I had the feeling I was cheating on Kike.

I had never even had that kind of intrusive feeling before. Not even with Yetunde. Having such a feeling now was bemusing, as far as I was concerned.

Thank goodness it was only a fleeting thought. My mind soon returned to how fascinating Edith’s body was; and how gorgeously sexy it was. I would have to be a thorough explorer to tour every part of her body.

I stopped kissing her and whispered in her ear: "I am about to cum. You’ve driven me to near climax!"

She nodded her head slightly. I felt the cheeks of her ass tighten around my cock. Her entire body seemed to clench up for a second. She seemed to be experiencing the pre-climax excitement too.
Her eyes were closed and I imagined she was lost in bliss-land.

She had not said much, apart from the mono syllables of moans and expressions of pleasure. I took her by the hand and pulled her around to the side of my bed. I sat down, spread my legs and said, "I want a Mouth Gig. Do you understand? I want it now. I want to cum in your mouth."

She stared down at my burning cock while I spoke. Her response was a mumbled Yes. Mumbled or not, I would be getting what I wanted.

She went on to her knees. That made her to be between my legs. Her hands came to rest on my thighs, just above my knees. They slid slowly up until she was cradling my balls with one hand and steadying my cock with the other.

She leaned forward slowly and she moaned again as her lips opened up and my cock slid into her mouth

https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_2/30375

1 Like

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Ann2012(f): 8:12am On Jun 28, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 8:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
Her eyes were closed and I imagined she was lost in bliss-land. She had not said much, apart from the mono syllables of moans and expressions of pleasure. I took her by the hand and pulled her around to the side of my bed.

I sat down, spread my legs and said, "I want a Mouth Gig. Do you understand? I want it now. I want to cum in your mouth."

She stared down at my burning cock while I spoke. Her response was a mumbled Yes. Mumbled or not, I would be getting what I wanted.

She went on to her knees. That made her to be between my legs. Her hands came to rest on my thighs, just above my knees. They slid slowly up until she was cradling my balls with one hand and steadying my cock with the other.

She leaned forward slowly and she moaned again as her lips opened up and my cock slid into her mouth.

It seemed the blood moving in my veins were accelerating in speed. It was this kind of feeling that made the world go around. It was an action that could hardly be aptly described. When her hot mouth began lumbering and sucking on my cock, I felt I could swoon and slip into another life.

I groaned – or rather, moaned – as the action continued. I fell back onto the back rest of the sofa. I would have loved to record this moment and watch a playback of her sucking my cock.

There would be no such indulgence for now. It was enough for me to lie on my back with my eyes closed as I concentrated on the wonderful feelings coursing through my body. Another good thing was Edith was not doing it under duress.

She seemed as eager and enthusiastic as I was.
I couldn’t hold it any longer. I gushed as hot liquid of semen was ejected from my phallus. It was one of the most earth shaking orgasms of my life that made my body jerk and quake all over.

I knew I had performed commendably when I started filling her mouth with my cum. From what I had learnt, girls were not really zealous about having a guy cum in their mouth. However, few of them felt they were doing something the guy should appreciate.

I can certainly understand that, especially from Nigerian girls. If I were a lady, I wouldn't want a guy to cum in my mouth. I tasted my cum after I had masturbated, and could not say categorically that the taste was good or bad. But the musky smell was something. Perhaps, some ladies liked that smell.

But Edith was not going to gobble all the liquid inside her mouth. She spilled it on the floor and directed the tip of the phallus to her chest. That was where most of the spills went. Where did she lean to behave like a professional?

Perhaps in some X-rated films. I shrugged in indifference. Once again, she slept in my room over the night. Early in the morning, we had a replay of the sensuous acts. I felt invigorated all over again.

Before I left for work, I gave her some money for transport and feeding allowance for the day. Work went smoothly. As a matter of fact, I was very busy till noon. About three o’clock, Yetunde called my line.

“Hello, honey,” she said. “You’re coming over this afternoon, right?”

I had not thought of that. “Well, maybe …”

“Look, it’s either you come over here or I will be in your place.”

My mind raced. How would she feel if she should see Edith in the house? Would my explanation be enough to convince her?

1 Like

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by EngrMcDon(m): 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
Thanks for the update. You are doing well
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by CasNova: 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2020
Nice work
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 8:59am On Jul 02, 2020
I had not thought of that. “Well, maybe …”

“Look, it’s either you come over here or I will be in your place.”

My mind raced. How would she feel if she should see Edith in the house? Would my explanation be enough to convince her?

“No, don’t bother to come,” I quickly put in. “I’ll be coming.”

“Good. See you.”

I decided that I must go home first, change to casuals and take extra cloth before I would go to Yetunde’s place. Edith was in the house watching television when I got home. She came to give me a welcome kiss. She was wearing a crop-up top and a bum short and she looked sexy as usual. I would have to defer the feelings I had for her till another time.

“How were lectures today?” I asked.

“Fine. How was your work?”

“Fine, too.” I moved to the bedroom. “The work is becoming strenuous. I’ve only come home to pick clothes that I would be wearing tomorrow. There’s a lot of work still waiting for me.”

“You mean you’re going back to work?”

“Yes.”

She looked disappointed. “Again?”

I sighed. “It’s like that once in a while.”

I changed my clothes and put a new shirt, trousers, boxer and pair of socks in my back-pack. I was ready.

“You’re leaving right away?”

I nodded. “Yes, my dear Edith.”

She made a face.

“Don’t worry.” I dipped my hand inside one of my pockets to bring out my purse. “Here, have this.”

Her face brightened up when she saw the crisp brand new naira notes.

“Take care of yourself and the house,” I said.

“Right.”

I took the bag to my car and left the house. Many minutes later, the CRV was in the front of Yetunde’s house. I drove in and parked.
Yetunde was expecting me when I got there.

“I thought you would not be coming,” she said. “I was about to start coming over there.”

“But I said I would come.”

“Well, welcome.”

She was sitting on a sofa in the sitting-room. I sat down beside her while her cousin took my bag upstairs.

“What’s on for dinner?” I asked.

“Fried rice, chicken and peperoni.”

“That should be delicious.”

“Sure.”

Indeed, minute later, I could see that the meal was delicious. The dessert was apple juice. By few minutes to ten p.m., we went to her bedroom upstairs. She stopped mid-way on the staircase.

“Can you lift me to the room?”

I grinned. For a plump lady who looked even more plump in pregnancy, I had no doubt that her weight would be more than what I knew it to be.

“Let me try.”

“And be careful. I’m carrying your baby.”

Did she need to say that again? I lifted her up carefully. Mindful of the steps, I took her to the topmost of the staircase. Grimly, I thought of throwing her down so that she would suffer a miscarriage. Doing that would be akin to committing murder. No, I would never do that.
I took her to the bedroom and lay her on the bed.

“Sometimes, you behave like the most loving and understanding man on earth,” she commented.

“Only sometimes?”

“Yes. But I wish we could be together and you will always show me this passionate and affectionate side of you.”

I grinned again.

“UnCloth me, honey.”

What a task to do. Slowly, I pulled down her short.

“Everything,” she muttered.

I pulled her pantie down and stared at her lush private part.

“I’ve been having some tingling sensation there. Can you help me rub the place?”

I smiled. “Oh, with all pleasure.”

My right palms went to her highs and moved up to the vagina. She pulled a pillow, placed her back on it and closed her eyes. Slowly, I rubbed the part. The vulva seemed puffed, but I knew it was all in anticipation of the excitement. Deftly, my fingers caressed the clitoris, rubbing it, and doing all sorts of fanciful things with it.

“Oh, Henry,” she purred.

I knew she was enjoying it but I needed more before I could say I was enjoying it too.
My second hand went to the bust. Her t-shirt was still on, and so was her white bra. I lifted the shirt and fondled the big boobs.

“Should I remove the bra?” she murmured.

“Yeah.”

I had to pause briefly so that she can pull off the t-shirt and unhooked the bra. I soon resumed what I was doing. She closed her eyes again. My dick was fully erect and was straining inside my trousers and the boxer. It was better I let the poor guy out, so I paused to remove the encumbrances.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 02, 2020
bad guy ¥ ops abeg keep it up more ink to ur pen
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by EngrMcDon(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
Thanking you for the lovely update
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by LoveToRead: 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nice one
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Zamar: 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nice one
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
She closed her eyes again. My dick was fully erect and was straining inside my trousers and the boxer. It was better I let the poor guy out, so I paused to remove the encumbrances.

“Don’t stop,” Yetunde urged.

“Oh, just a second.” I was back again in full action. After another couple of minutes, I decided to go full blast.

With Yetunde, there was no fear of getting her pregnant, so there was no need for condom. Neither was there any apprehension about releasing my seeds inside her.

Mindful of her protruding belly, I spread her legs and mounted her. She gladly welcomed the gesture. Slowly, I began the rhythmic movement. She still closed her eyes and I could imagine various fantasies going on in her mind.

But this action was beyond fantasies. This was for real. The movement and her moans were all for real. Some minutes later, my desire got to its peak. With a moan of pleasure, I gripped her shoulders and released everything inside her.

We were smug to lay side by side on the bed with spent passion. I knew it would take time before I regained energy, but then that once could be good enough.

Yetunde was not that freaky about sex and I still had this sneaky feeling that her latest exploits were geared towards having me to herself. Besides, the way I would explore sex with Edith could not be the way I would do it with Yetunde.

The following morning, I dressed up for work from Yetunde’s residence and drove straight to the office complex. It was Friday, so I would later be travelling. On Fridays, I closed early, so by few minutes to one, I was back in my residence to prepare for the trip. Edith had not come from the campus.

I wrote a short note to inform Edith that I would be travelling to rejoin my wife and child and that I would be back on Monday morning. I was about to drop some naira notes with the written note when Edith came.

“Hello, Edith, I was about to travel and I just wrote this note for you.”

Her pretty eyes were wide in surprise. “Travel to where?”

I smiled. “Lagos. I normally travel every Friday to rejoin my family.”

“Are you really married?”

What a question! “Of course, I am. I have a child and the second one is on the way.”

She eyed the bag I wanted to travel with. “And you wanted to go just like that?”

I shrugged. “Well, I wasn’t sure of when you would come in.”

“But, you could have called on phone.”

That was true. I sighed. It was just that I preferred to write the note and dropped the currency.

“How was lecture?”

She grinned. “Fine. I wish I could follow you to Lagos.”

It was my turn to be surprised. “What! I told you I’m married!”

“I know. It’s just that I’ve not been there though I’ve heard a lot about the place.”

I relaxed my face a bit. “Well, maybe that could be arranged some other time. It would mean lodging you somewhere in Lagos.”

She removed her pack and dropped it on the tiled floor.

“Is my dress okay?” she asked almost girlishly.

I smiled at her, understanding what she wanted.

I looked at her dressing. She was in pink t-shirt and black jeans. Of course, she looked pretty and attractive. “Everything about you is pretty, dear Edith.”

“You really think so?” There was a mischievous smile on her face.

“Of course.” I moved over to her and held her hand. “Did anybody said otherwise?”

“Not really. I just wanted to be sure.”

‘You must not doubt my words for you.”

I kissed her gently on the lips. She must have been waiting for that move, for she wrapped her hands round my neck and nestled for more kiss. I remembered I had a flight to catch to Lagos.

I shrugged. If I could not go by the 1400 hours flight, I could still travel by the 1600 hours own.
The kiss became deep. My hands slid under her t-shirt and touched the bra covering her small tits. I cuddled them gently.

She didn’t waste time in reciprocating my gesture; her left hand moved to the zip of my trousers. She dipped her hands inside it, deftly pulled the boxer down and touched my responsive phallus.

Her touch was electrifying. It made the organ to be fully erect and ready for action.

I zipped down her jeans trousers. She wasn’t wearing any pantie under. That made my foray an easy one. I pulled the trousers down to her thighs and nestled my fingers on the moist private part.

“Hmn,” she moaned.

I pulled my trousers and boxers down to the floor and stepped out of them. She did the same to her jeans. Not done, I helped her to remove the t-shirt, unstrap the bra and remove the remaining clothing.

It was a mutual thing as her fingers went to my shirt, unbutton it and pull it off. To square up everything, I quickly removed my last underwear.

https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_2/30375
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by CasNova: 7:46am On Jul 06, 2020
Nice update
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
this song iz a banger lets go tony for more update we dey follow you bamper to bamper
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Ann2012(f): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2020
Hmmmmm, issok oooo

Thanks for the update
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Adeola25(f): 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2020
Henry, Henry welldone oo, hope ur akamu no go finish with the rate @ which you are going? Thanks for the update
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by FairCritic(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
Interesting piece
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2020
Not done, I helped her to remove the t-shirt, unstrap the bra and remove the remaining clothing.

It was a mutual thing as her fingers went to my shirt, unbutton it and pull it off. To square up everything, I quickly removed my last underwear.

We were now completely naked in the sitting-room, and we were not ashamed of it. We resumed our passion game in earnest. My tongue licked the nipples which now looked sprightly. I put her on the sofa and spread her legs.

The next destination of my tongue was her vagina, which was already dripping. I kissed the vulva and teased the clit with the tip of my tongue.

“Ohhh, Henry,” she muttered in delight. I could feel her body quivering in ecstasy. I continued the teasing and sucking at the clit.

She held my head against her body in a way to suggest that the action was very pleasant and there should be no stopping. After some minutes, I stopped and changed position.

I lay on my back next to her, my phallus straining to stand at attention. She got the cue. Grabbing my member with both hands, she shoved it into her mouth.

She sucked at it the way an eager baby would suck at the breast of his mother. While she did that, I closed my eyes. My right hand made its way to her chest and the fingers fondled her boobs.

She continued the sucking. Many fantasies ran in my head. To me, this was the biggest pleasure a man could ever indulge in. I was no fan of smoking.

I hardly drank alcohol, but for sex, it was the ultimate indulgence a man could have.

The fingers of my right hand continued fiddling and handling the nipples while the left head her head and ruffled her hair.

That action was like pouring fuel inside a burning fire. She intensified her sucking. I could feel the blood moving in my veins now doing so at a very fast pace. Tingling of excitement and jolts of exhilaration ran over my body.

With bated breaths, I reached the peak, making a hissing-like sound. Spurts of semen erupted from my phallus. Edith removed her mouth and sprayed her face with the whitish liquid. I had finally come to the end of my erotic trip, at least for now.

We cleaned up. I still had a long trip ahead.

“You’re still going?” she asked naively.

“Of course.” I smiled. “Do you remember I told you I would give you some money for shopping? Right, you’ll have the money now.”

“Oh,” she said, her apprehensive stance softening immediately.

I gave her several one thousand naira notes.

“Thanks so much,” she gushed.

“You’re welcome. Take care of yourself and the house.”

I nodded and picked my travelling bag. I called the driver I frequently used and he promised to be in the house within thirty minutes.

He kept to his words and was around within twenty-five minutes. I waved at Edith and was off. Because of the time I wasted with Edith, I could only go with the six p.m. flight.

The flight was smooth. I was at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos few minutes to seven. I hailed another cab to Lawanson. In the cab, I called my wife.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lol
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Ann2012(f): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by SeyiDominion: 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nice
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Godbest(m): 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
You saw your wife
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
Because of the time I wasted with Edith, I could only go with the six p.m. flight.

The flight was smooth. I was at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos few to seven. I hailed another cab to Lawanson. In the cab, I called my wife.

“Hello, my dear. How are you?”

“Fine. I’ve been trying your number but could not get through.”

“It was in flight mode. I just arrived Lagos and I’m in a cab on my way home right now.”

“Okay. Thank God for journey mercies. We’ll be expecting you then.”

“Alright, see you.”

About forty minutes later, it was Iyabo, one of her younger sisters now living with us that opened the main door for me. Steve ran up to me as usual to give daddy a welcome hug.

“How’re you, Steve?”

“Fine daddy.”

I lifted him up as I entered the living-room. I gave Kike a peck.

“How’re you, honey?”

She smiled and nodded. “I’m fine. I was wondering why you did not come on time.”

“Sorry, the work was so much I didn’t leave Abuja on time.”

“Oh.”

It was good to be back with my family. Later, Iyabo served the evening meal.

“How’s the Yetunde getting on?” Kike asked.

I must confess that I admired her forgiving spirit. Despite Yetunde’s rival role, Kike still found it needful to ask after her.

“She’s fine. She sent her regards.”

We remained in the living-room after the meal, watching the television and chatting. Few minutes after nine, Kike said she felt like the baby was coming.

I stared at her big belly. “Is the expected day of delivery not a week’s time?”

She winced. “Well, you know, it doesn’t have to be exactly that day. It could be some days before or some days after.”

I nodded, still staring at the pregnancy. She called her junior sister.

“Get the bag where I kept the things for the new baby,” she told Iyabo.

I trusted Kike in a matter of thoroughness. She was not the kind to be caught napping on preparing for a day like this. She had registered at Motherland Hospital, a private hospital along Itire Road. Iyabo quickly put some things in a bag that Kike would take along.

“Take care of Steve in the house,” I said as I got the Honda’s car key.

Kike had been using it, so there was no problem with the battery starting the car.

I drove her to the hospital, which was not far away. Nurses on night duty were at hand to receive.

“She’s having contraction,” one of the nurses said. “Call the doctor.”

Kike was admitted immediately. I remained at the lobby, praying and wishing her a safe delivery.

After twenty minutes of arriving the hospital, the nurse who had mentioned something about contraction came to meet me.

“Congratulations. Your wife has delivered a baby girl.”

I was delighted. I wasn’t surprised to hear that as the scan had revealed that we should be expecting a female.

“Oh, great. Glory be to God. How’s she and the baby?”

The nurse nodded. “Mother and daughter are fine.”

“Can I see them right away?”

She nodded again. “Why not?” I followed her to her room and her bed.

“Hello, my dear. How’re you and the baby?”

She gave a wry smile.

“Fine. It’s a baby girl this time.”

I nodded. “I know. The baby was curled up in a cot by the side of her mother’s bed. Even in her sleep, she looked beautiful and cute. Several minutes later, I left baby and mother in the hospital and went back home. Surprisingly, Steve had not slept.

“Where’s mummy?” he demanded.

I smiled broadly at him. “Mummy just has another baby. You now have a cute and lovely sister.”

“She has got the baby?”

“Yes.”

Minutes later, I called my parents to intimate them of the good news. I also called Kike’s mother to inform her.

I returned to Abuja on Monday morning, leaving my wife and the baby in good condition. They had been discharged since Saturday evening as everything was alright with them. Kike’s mother arrived Saturday morning and would remain in the house for weeks to come as she would assist in taking care of the infant.

As I took a cab from the Abuja airport, Senator Osho’s call came through.

“Good morning, sir.”

“Ah, good morning, Henry. How’s your baby and the wife?”

“They’re all fine sir. We thank God.”

“I was thinking if you will need paternity leave.”

I was bemused. Which one was paternity leave?

3 Likes

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 14, 2020
bravo tony more ink to ur pen
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by FairCritic(m): 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Restless...story Of A Survivor. / Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / A Strange Love (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.