Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

A Thorn in the Flesh 2 - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thorn in the Flesh 2 (34966 Views)

Lady Left With Rotting Breasts That Smell Like Rot Flesh After Surgery (graphic) / A Thorn In The Flesh / I Will Show Off More Flesh In 2019, Nigeria Lady Says. See Her 2019 Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by FairCritic(m): 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2019
More...
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 10:33am On Dec 23, 2019
Now I knew that it belonged to Yetunde.

“Yes, hope no problem.”

“No. I' on my way there. Wait for me.”

“Okay.”

Now, what could Yetunde be up to? Why would she ask me to wait for her, and what could be so important?

She must have been close by, for just about five minutes later, she entered my office.

“Hello, Henry.”

I grinned at her. “Hello, Yetunde. Hope there’s no problem.”

She looked surprised to hear that. “That I came to see you?”

“No; that you came at this hour.”

She smiled.

“I was on my way home and only waited because you said you were coming.”

“Well, let’s go together.”

again, I was surprised. What was she impugning?

She smiled again. “Let’s just say I’ll like to know where you live.”

I sighed. Well, if all she wanted was to know was where I lived, there was no harm in that, was there? “Okay, let’s go.”

I took my bag and we left the office. We took the staircase to the ground floor. My Honda CRV was parked in the lot. We slid inside the car while I kicked the engine into life.

“How are you finding your new job?” I asked.

“I’m trying to get used to the place. Let’s just say I’m still learning the ropes.”

I nodded. “At one time or the other, we all had to learn the rope.”

“How are you finding working for my dad?”
I grinned. “It’s been exciting. He is considerate and understanding.” Then I poked at her. “Why don’t you work for him? Why did you choose to work for a federal agency?”

“Oh, come on. He is not going to be a senator forever, is he? He talked me into starting a career with the federal government and here I am.”

She was right. What she just said was a reminder to me that I too would not work for the senator for too long.

“I guess you’re right,” I said.

We didn’t say much to each other again until we got to my apartment at Kubwa several minutes later.

“Welcome to my humble abode,” I said. I remembered the first day I took her to my Lagos residence at Lawanson.

Then, she had critically observed the rooms in the apartment. Now, she was doing almost the same. But wait a minute, there was a big difference now. She did not have her nose in the air this time around. Rather, she looked approvingly around.

“This is a nice little place you’ve got for yourself, Henry.”

I was happy to hear that. “Thanks.”

Well, maybe it was because, unlike the other time, there was no imminent bound between us. She was purely a guest now and the authority she had the other time to inspect my rooms and kitchen was simply not there.

She sat on one of the sofas. “So, you live here all alone?”

“Yes, o. Wifey and child are in Lagos. So, man must live alone Monday to Friday.”

“Why didn’t they join you here?”

I shook my head. “As you said the other time, this is a political job which is terminal. It is better they remain in Lagos than to be here. I will be the one to fully join them sooner or later.”

She nodded as if she totally agreed with what I had said.

“So, what can I offer you? I have variety of drinks in the house.”

“Give me anything that is non-alcoholic.”

I nodded and went to the kitchen. Inside the deep freezer there were different carbonated and malt drinks. I remembered she had preference for malts. I took two cold bottles of malt, an opener and one glass cup. These I set on a try and returned to the sitting-room.

You can download full story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Saturn101: 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
Nice update.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by FairCritic(m): 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2019
Cool story.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 10:43am On Dec 25, 2019
COMPLIMENT OF THE SEASON TO YOU ALL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by BigBasher: 9:25am On Dec 26, 2019
tonysunkan:
COMPLIMENT OF THE SEASON TO YOU ALL

Merry Christmas, tony.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 7:41am On Dec 27, 2019
I nodded and went to the kitchen. Inside the deep freezer there were different carbonated and malt drinks. I remembered she had preference for malts.

I took two cold bottles of malt, an opener and one glass cup. These I set on a try and returned to the sitting-room.

She looked at the tray as I set it before her. “Only one glass cup? What about you?”

I grinned. “Mine can wait. For now, you’re my guest.”

“Guest?” she shook her head. “No, Henry, I don’t want to be treated as a guest.”

“Okay, as an old friend, then. Or as a family friend.”

“That’s better.”

I opened one of the bottles for her. Then I put on the television and put the remote controller on the stool where I had set the tray.

“Excuse me.” I went to the bedroom to change into casuals and I was soon back.

She sat relaxingly on the chair with the remote device in her hand, flipping from one channel to another.

“I hope you’re having a nice time,” I prompted as I took a seat opposite her.
She smiled and nodded.

“How have you been finding Abuja since you started working here?”

“Socially, it’s been boring. That’s why I came to see you.”

I didn’t know if I should be delighted about that comment or not, so I only nodded.

“It’s quite amazing that we could be friends again,” I said. “I had thought you and I will never sit together like this again.”

She grinned. “Well, it’s one of those things. I felt hurt by what you did, no doubt; but one has to forget the past and move on with life.”

I chuckled. “You seem to have changed a lot.”

She sipped from her glass cup and looked at me inquiringly. “How do you mean?”

“Well, you seem to be cool and to take things easy. The old Yetunde I knew was not like that.”

“Will you say those are positive changes?”
“Sure. I wish you were like this before.”

She shrugged. “People mature with age and experience, I suppose.”

“Yes, I suppose.”

“And you too seem to have changed a lot.”

"Really?”

She nodded. “You seem to behave more maturely now.”

I smiled. “I will take that as a compliment. Thanks.”

“I’m sorry.”

I stared at her. “Sorry for what?”

“I’m sorry I was a little overbearing during our short relationship.”

I couldn’t believe my ears. So, Yetunde could ever say this. A little overbearing? No, she was not a little overbearing. She was outright overbearing and condescending! But, despite her excesses, I owed her apologies too.

“I should be the one to apologize. I was the one who desecrated the home by bringing another lady and committing lusts.”

“It’s okay. Maybe I shouldn’t have said I never wanted to see you. I shouldn’t have insisted on calling off the wedding plans.”

Now, I was beginning to marvel at her penitence. This Yetunde was certainly different from the haughty one I knew before.

“Well, I was the cause,” I offered. “I should be the one to be full of apologies.”

“And I missed you so much.”

That was a bombshell. She missed me? How?

“Can’t we go back to what we were before that ugly incident?” she said further.

My heart leapt. What on hell was she talking about? “I don’t understand you, Yetunde.”

“Of course, you do, Henry. You do understand me.”

I shook my head. This looked like a dream and I wished I could wake up from it. “If I may get you right, what you’re suggesting is that we should continue with the old intimate relationship, right?”

You can get full download @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by ThrillPlus: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Brunicekid(m): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
Heeee... eeehh
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by BigBasher: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
Nice story.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Zamar: 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2019
Interesting story.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by BigBasher: 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2020
Come and continue.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Awesome05: 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
BigBasher:
Come and continue.

Yeah.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by BigBasher: 9:56am On Jan 03, 2020
Waiting ...
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by FairCritic(m): 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
Cool story.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 9:02am On Jan 04, 2020
“Can’t we go back to what we were before that ugly incident?” she said further.

My heart leapt. What on hell was she talking about? “I don’t understand you, Yetunde.”

“Of course, you do, Henry. You do understand me.”

I shook my head. This looked like a dream and I wished I could wake up from it. “If I may get you right, what you’re suggesting is that we should continue with the old intimate relationship, right?”

She smiled. “Right.”

“But you know that will not be possible. I am married. I’m now married to another lady, unlike then that were betrothed.”

The next thing she said showed how adamant she was. “But I still love you Henry. Despite all you did, I love you.”

Again, I shook my head. “I can’t believe you, Yetunde. Remember you were the one who called off the engagement and wedding.”

“I know. I’m sorry I shouldn’t have done that.”

Wonderful! She said she shouldn’t have done that. Well, the fact was she did and that ended the pet dream of she and I getting wedded. Was it not too late now for her to be saying all what she was saying?

“Well, the past is gone and …”

She shook her head vehemently. “No, I’m right here with you, so I’m not the past.”

Oh, no. How could Yetunde be talking like this?

“But I’m married,” I replied. “What about my wife? Don’t forget I also have a kid. Where will all this leave my family?”

“Are you telling me it’s a crime to come around and tell you I still love you?”

I sighed. “No, no. I didn’t say anything is a crime. However, it will be improper to carry on as we were before now.”

She suddenly stood up. “If this is the way you’re going to treat me, then I think I should be on my way.”

I was stunned. Now, I could see the traces of the old Yetunde. But what would I do?

She picked her hand bag. I stood up too but was confused on what to say.

“Goodnight.” She moved towards the door.

I finally found my voice. “Wait, Yetunde. You don’t have to leave in anger.”

“I’m not leaving in anger.”

“If you’re not,” I quickly said. “Then, sit down.”

She hesitated. I watched to see what she would do.

“Come on, sit down. Let’s talk this over like mature adults,” I went on.

Slowly, she went back to her seat and sat down.

“That’s better.” I went back to my seat too. “See, as I said earlier, I’m sorry I caused the whole discord. But then, that was gone. Now, things have changed for me. I’ve moved forward with life and I’m married. What you’re suggesting can simply not stand. As it is, I can only wish you a successful and married life too.”

She was silent for a while. “I don’t agree with you,” she said.

I stared at her and chuckled. “Oh, come on. Why will you disagree?”

“Why should I agree?”

I looked slightly confused. “Why shouldn’t you? What I’ve said was tenable, wasn’t it?”

She shook her head. “Not by my standard.”
I looked exasperated.

“Does that mean you never really loved me?” she asked.

Maybe I did not. If I did, why would I still be frolicking with Bisola that very time we were in a relationship? Why would I still bring another lady to the house?

I was silent. That spoke volume.

“I see. So, there was never love. You only wanted to please your parents by playing along, right?”
Dumbly, I nodded.

You can get full download at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Awesome05: 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Zamar: 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
Interesting.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by FairCritic(m): 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
Nice story.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Saturn101: 5:41am On Jan 06, 2020
Cool story.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by CasNova: 10:23am On Jan 06, 2020
Continue.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 8:43am On Jan 07, 2020
Maybe I did not. If I did, why would I still be frolicking with Bisola that very time we were in a relationship? Why would I still bring another lady to the house?

I was silent. That spoke volume.

“I see. So, there was never love. You only wanted to please your parents by playing along, right?”

Dumbly, I nodded.

“Good. Just like you, I also wanted to please my parents. I never loved you too.”

Somehow, I looked relieved. That settled everything, didn’t it? What then was the talk about going on with the relationship all about?

“We must still carry on with the relationship all the same.”

I shook my head. “What a bunch of contradictions you have here. On one hand, there’s mutually no love. That means it was a no-love-lost relationship. Then on the other hand, you said the relationship must continue. Why the big contradiction?”

“There’s no contradiction. There’s no love lost, yes, but I want the relationship to continue, and it must.”

Now, she was using a language I didn’t like. Why was she using the word, ‘must’?

“What if I insist that the relationship will not be?”

She smiled. In a surprise move, she stood up and held her handbag.

“Thanks for your time. Goodnight for now.”
“Goodnight? I thought we were still talking!”
Her smile was still there. “We’ll talk another time. Can you take me home?”

Maybe I should be happy that she had terminated further discussion and was going home. I stood up too. “Let me get the car key.”

I went to the bedroom to fetch it but I was soon back. I could not but wonder about that her confidence that our relationship must continue. Why must it continue? What would be her gain in that?

“I stay with Dapo for now,” she said.

Dapo was her brother that worked at the Presidency. He stayed at Asokoro District. I needed no direction to the place.

“You’re not staying with daddy?” I asked.

“No.” The answer was almost brusque.

She probably didn’t want to broach that topic.

During the drive, we hardly exchanged words. At the gate of the house, Yetunde quickly leaned over and gave me a peck.

“Goodnight, dear. Have a good night rest.”

I was too stunned to utter a word. But maybe I shouldn’t be stunned. Had she not bared her mind on her intentions?

On my way home, I was a bit unsettled. Why was Yetunde making this come-back just when I was thinking I should be faithful to my wife? Why would she want a relationship after the first unpalatable one we had? I shrugged. All I had to do was to tell her I wasn’t interested.

She should go ahead and get herself another man. There were so many men out there who were looking for a pretty and busty lady like her for a serious relationship. She should just leave me alone.

I went to an eatery where I had my dinner.

After that, I drove home. I switched on the television and was watching a news channel when Yetunde’s call came through.
“Are you back at home?” she wanted to know.

“Yes.”

“How’re you?”

I grinned. It was fanciful the idea of Yetunde becoming caring. “Fine.”

“So, how do you eat?” she asked.

“I eat out.”

“Poor you.”

What did that mean? I sighed.

“Anyway, I just called to know if all was well with you.”

“Thanks a lot,” I replied.

“Dream of me. Goodnight.”

Before I could say a word, she disconnected the line. I grinned to myself again. She must be a joker. There was no way I was going to dream about her.

Download full story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Zamar: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
Nice update.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by kweensheba: 8:43am On Jan 10, 2020
Nice and delightful story.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
kweensheba:
Nice and delightful story.

Thanks a lot.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
I grinned. It was fanciful the idea of Yetunde becoming caring. “Fine.”

“So, how do you eat?” she asked.

“I eat out.”

“Poor you.”

What did that mean? I sighed.

“Anyway, I just called to know if all was well with you.”

“Thanks a lot,” I replied.

“Dream of me. Goodnight.”

Before I could say a word, she disconnected the line. I grinned to myself again. She must be a joker. There was no way I was going to dream about her.

The following day was Tuesday. Senator Osho said as a member of the House Committee on Agriculture, the team would be visiting some areas in Nasarawa State that day.

As the head of his media team, I would be following him.

We went in a Toyota Coaster bus with heavy security. I was impressed with the tour. From all indications, Nasarawa had very good arable land and it was easy to see why farming was thriving in the state.

We didn’t get back to the federal capital until late afternoon. I had good recordings of the day’s events and I was ready to write detailed reports.

As it was already few minutes to four o’clock, I decided I would take my laptop home to continue with the reports. When I saw a Toyota Corolla parked on the lot of the house, I didn’t think much of it.

I got out of my car to take my things. The driver door of the Toyota opened.

“Hello.”

I was surprised to see that Yetunde was the one inside the car.

“What? It’s you. What’re you doing around here?”
She flashed me a smile. “Waiting for you.”

“Oh, oh. I hope you’ve not been waiting for long. You didn’t even call me that you were around.”

“Well, I wanted to make it a surprise.”

What a surprise it was. I strapped my bag to my right shoulder. I could see that she was holding a small bag. I preceded her to my flat.

“Where’s your kitchen?” she asked as soon as we stepped inside the apartment.

I took her to the place.

“I brought some soups,” she said.

I could see that. There were two food flasks. One contained fried chicken and stew, while another contained ‘egusi’ soup.

“You went through all these troubles?” I said in surprise.

“I felt you should take real food made by a woman.”

I nodded, not knowing what else to say.

“I also brought some semolina which I will soon prepare.”

I nodded again. I suddenly remembered Kike. I imagined she was right there and was witnessing the scene. I had no doubt she would feel that another lady was about to take over the soul of her man.

There was no doubt that was Yetunde’s mission. Why couldn’t I just tell her to go away with her soups? Why couldn’t I reject what looked like an outright ‘Greek gift’?

You can get full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Saturn101: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
Interesting.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by FairCritic(m): 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
Nice story.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by BigBasher: 5:19am On Jan 13, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Hardeybaryor(m): 7:43am On Jan 13, 2020
Beautiful piece. Well done Sir!
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2020
Hardeybaryor:
Beautiful piece. Well done Sir!

Thanks to you.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2020
I nodded again. I suddenly remembered Kike. I imagined she was right there and was witnessing the scene. I had no doubt she would feel that another lady was about to take over the soul of her man.

There was no doubt that was Yetunde’s mission. Why couldn’t I just tell her to go away with her soups? Why couldn’t I reject what looked like an outright ‘Greek gift’?

“When you taste it, you’ll like it,” she said.

I grunted and nodded.

“Do you want me to make the semolina now?”

That was the time I should tell her I was sorry I would not be accepting her offers. I should thank her, but politely reject them. But I could not.

“I think you go ahead and make the food now,” I said.

She nodded as if that was the answer she expected. “Alright.” She smiled at me. “You can go ahead and change from your office wears. Thereafter, you can come and rejoin me here.”

I nodded in agreement. “Alright.”

I left her for the bedroom where I changed to casual. This thing Yetunde was doing would not bring anything good, my mind said. Why don’t you stop her right away?

Why don’t you tell her to go away with her soups, before you find yourself in soup? I almost grinned at my self-reproach.

The truth was I could not bring myself to doing anything that would repel Yetunde or any of her moves.

I changed to casuals and went to rejoin her in the kitchen.

“The water for the semolina will soon boil,” she announced. “Then, I will make it.”

I nodded at her. But wait a minute, why was she suddenly behaving so nicely? Why had she changed so much from the haughty type to become almost patronizing?

She knew what she wanted, another part of my mind told me. She wanted to seduce me in a very subtle way. It was like the serpent in the garden of Eden.

Yes, in the garden! How subtle and cunning some beings could be. The serpent didn’t go there in a virulent manner. It didn’t go there blowing dusts of belligerency.

Rather, it went there coolly, softly but determinedly. And it succeeded in its mission.

Despite all these knowledge, I could make no resistant move.

My phone started ringing in one of the pockets of my trousers. I brought it out and saw that Kike was on the line.

As I received it, I moved away from the kitchen to the sitting-room.

“Hello, my dear,” I said.

“Oh, honey, how’re you?”

“I’m fine. How’s Steve and how was work today?”

“He is fine. Work was fine too.”

“Oh, we bless the name of the Lord.”

“Yes, the Lord be praised. Darling, I’ve been thinking of something.”

“What’s that?”

“Don’t you think it will be better if we’re all in Abuja together?”

My heart started hammering against my ribs.”

“I thought we’ve discussed this issue before.”

“Yes, we have,” she said quickly. “But on a second thought, I think I should be there with you.”

I sighed. Now, I had some guilt. She was talking as if she was watching what was going on in the apartment right now.

“Why are you having a second thought?” I asked.

She laughed briefly across the line. “Let’s just say I don’t want to give any Abuja babe any chance.”

The hammering against my ribs increased. “You don’t trust me anymore?”

“Trust apart, I shouldn’t give the devil a chance, should I?”

I nodded. Grimly, I realized that she was hitting the nail squarely on its head.

“But, there’s no point you worry about anything,” I said. “Everything is alright and will continue to be alright.”

If Kike should know that at that very minute, Yetunde was in my apartment preparing food for me in the kitchen, she would definitely believe that things were not alright.

“Promise me that no other lady will have a place in your heart,” she said.

You can download full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Women This Wicked....true Story / Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Simi's Concert (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.