Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (153435 Views)

My Experience Living In Germany And Trying To Learn German On My Own / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by stonecoldcafe: 2:42am On Dec 26, 2019
Mcowubaba:

You may not be addressing me directly as I also quoted you, to dispute some claims.
I do agree that we may you the best, all we do here is for education, entertainment, assistance and information

You guys have derailed this lady's thread.
This is not the thread for human rights violation. Why not open another one to debate that.
She is a professional working in the uae. We understand conditions are tough there, we know. But she is working a professional job over there and sharing her experience on how she got it. Allow her do that in peace. Let others who want to follow her steps in getting PROFESSIONAL work in the uae do so. Some people will take that over living in Nigeria even with the tough laws in the uae. Allow those few individuals learn in peace. Thank you

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by midnighter(f): 5:47am On Dec 26, 2019
stonecoldcafe:

You guys have derailed this lady's thread.
This is not the thread for human rights violation. Why not open another one to debate that.
She is a professional working in the uae. We understand conditions are tough there, we know. But she is working a professional job over there and sharing her experience on how she got it. Allow her do that in peace. Let others who want to follow her steps in getting PROFESSIONAL work in the uae do so. Some people will take that over living in Nigeria even with the tough laws in the uae. Allow those few individuals learn in peace. Thank you

I don't think that's really accurate.

The topic is open for everybody to comment and debate on. I agree that it got derailed but those people still brought up important points that should be considered before one decides to migrate to the middle east. How is human rights irrelevant to the topic when we know that those countries have a reputation for racism and maltreating migrant workers?

That person you quoted in particular put their points across in a polite and respectful way for anybody who cared to read it so it was for the OP to respond to their enquiries and paint a bigger picture. Thats what these kinds of threads are all about.

The reason it got as crazy as it did was because the OPs updates came very sparingly when the thread had already reached front page with hundreds of people viewing.

If she had been available to post all the updates within a shorter timeframe the discussion would have gone differently.

It's naive to expect people to keep totally silent on a front page topic and when it comes to travel people will always be zealous in trying to weed out hearsay and misinformation from the facts.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by SeunDobo(m): 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
Please I want to ask that if movie Editor is very lubricating job in Dubai ... Like how much Dem movie Editor working in studio on musical videos and movies .. please your reply is urgently needed

And anyone that have knowledge about the work in US and Canada as well.....hope to read back from you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Kingomat: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
NONNYG:
What type of visa you have ? 90 days single entry or 60 days employment? Is it verifiable?

Shine your eyes, a lot of people are stranded at the Dubai airport all in the name of SOMEONE FROM THE COMPANY WILL COME AND PICK ME

Agents has rendered thousands of people useless here

Be guided

Am on a Tourist Visa / long stay (90 days) can I work with that? And how do I verify my Visa Sir ? Thanks
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 30, 2019
I can't live there even for free I hate anything to do with Arabs
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by budaatum: 1:32am On Dec 30, 2019
azimo:
I can't live there even for free I hate anything to do with Arabs
They are begging you to come and live there. If you don't go they will all die so please go and live there, pretty please. We shall move all the Arabs to Naija when you arrive.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 30, 2019
budaatum:

They are begging you to come and live there. If you don't go they will all die so please go and live there, pretty please. We shall move all the Arabs to Naija when you arrive.
freedom of speech
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by budaatum: 2:11am On Dec 30, 2019
azimo:
freedom of speech
I know. See me being free with my speech.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lahify(m): 6:42am On Jan 02, 2020
@kellycute please respond to your mail
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by merrygorou(m): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
Champagnemami:

Lol
People just dont understand that its not easy anywhere. Currently, the US is d best place to hustle. So many side/odd jobs especially with the immigration restrictions. But in that same US, there are many Nigerians who can't afford a ticket home. Heck, some can't even send 20k for a family emergency in Naija.

In my school we're 80% Britain, Canada, America, Australia. The rest 20% are Arab, Africans, others. These 80% are coming from countries that you all are running to.

I earn more than a teacher on my grade level in the US. These ones use some considerable sum of their salary for taxes. Whereas mine is tax free.

But in this same Dubai, you find people with same qualifications as mine doing domestic help work of 150k.

At the end, its about sensitization. Don't just carry bag and say m going to Dubai. What are you coming here to do? Is that d best you can do? Are there better options? Ask questions and arm yourself with info.

That same India you condemned i have friends there who have hit it big. Meanwhile Indians are running into Dubai in droves.

And what's wrong in a shared accommodation? After I got my first pay, i rented a self con of 35k dirhams per annum. After 3 months i did a brain reset and got a shared apartment for 9000 aed per annum. Which means i now save extra 2.6million naira yearly.

That it didn't work for Yuh friends doesn't mean it wont work for others.

So you just take a chill pill and breath

Please, do you know if a PGDE from National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) will be accepted by schools in dubai ?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by u3fine(m): 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
Most school in Dubai will tell you Open University certificate is not accepted.
merrygorou:

Please, do you know if a PGDE from National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) will be accepted by schools in dubai ?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by melaninpop: 9:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
Champagnemami:

Faculty?? Grade Year of graduation??

Hello, sis. Please I have NCE Fine/Applied Arts Education and B. Ed English Language Education.
Please I am really interested in getting a teaching job at UAE. Will be more than grateful if you can show me the ropes. Biko sis.. thanks and God bless you ma.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by NairalandAngel(m): 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
Champagnemami:
So I've been in the UAE for all of two years and boy has it been venturesome and hygge?

I've always wanted to write about my struggles in this seducing desert city but just never found the time.

'UAE' is a proper noun but I can't help myself, cry its always 'the UAE' to me.

I'll be taking y'all through steps on how i got here, how I got a means of livelihood, the stress and joy that comes with the job and all that.

Stay tuned.

Hi

How can one get the names and contact details of credit rating agencies or companies that provide background reports on individuals working in Dubai?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Hadampson(m): 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
samtol4:
The Op explained the situation in UAE and it is clear that professionals are likely to get good jobs while hustlers are likely to suffer.If you intend to travel anywhere in the world it is your duty to find out the opportunities, challenges and immigration policies of countries before you move .With enough information prepare yourself by learning the necessary skills needed .Dont just enter plane to husle you will suffer .There is misconception that migration is all about getting money , some one even said he prefer to remain at home since he is earning high bros securing a better future for your kids is fundamental to your existence. There are people who are experts in discouraging others from traveling .You planned to go SA they will tell Xenophobia,u talk about UAE and Saudi Arabia they tell u slavery ....You planned to go Europe they will tell you racism go finish you , you decide to go Germany they will tell you language barrier.You mentioned Uk they will tell you tax go finish you, meanwhile hey are not going anywhere they will not allow others to go .There is no easy country anymore, You must be mentally ,physically and financially prepared .Nigerians have bad records in all countries and at the same time Nigerians especially professionals have contributed immensely to their host countries growth .There is no country without hardship and enjoyment ,i know a Nigerian teacher in Saudi Arabia earning very high in American school and also know a young lady in Saudi suffering as a maid . Professionals are needed in middle east and in all countries of the world while hustlers are not needed ! Every one cannot go America and Canada ,there are countries with boun dless opportunities . Get the information to avoid stories that touch the heart

Maximum respect oga samtol smiley
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Hadampson(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=NONNYG post=84803502][/quote]

Laugh wan kill me die grin

But you don't have to go to that extent boss.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Hadampson(m): 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
okeyben10:

For this question alone its obvious youve neva stepped foot into Dubai.all your comments on this thread are based on the information your loser friends have been feeding you. You see say you no get sense

Travel section is full of ignorant people. It's better to just ignore them.

Champagnemami, continue please
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Hadampson(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
famzynet:
Can we please allow Champagnemami to continue her thread.

Lol.. Na their way boss

If to say i be mod for travel section, i for don knack them 3 months ban
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Hadampson(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
samtol4:
Until you leave Nigeria you will not know that generator noise is not part of life

Word cool
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by olamzyy(m): 4:25am On Jan 11, 2020
samtol4:
Until you leave Nigeria you will not know that generator noise is not part of life
Lol
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Zagee: 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
How can a fresh grad in petroleum engineering nail an entry position in UAE, not necessarily doing engineeting stuff..
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by capsule(m): 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2020
vicsongreat:
its a security course that u must attend before u qualify to take up any security job. Its a five days course programme, and it cost bout 170k ooooo. But once u have it, u will get a security job.
Please I will like to have a conversation with you.
Have sent you a pm.
Thank you.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by magnolia4: 10:12am On Jan 18, 2020
[quote author=EvenBlogger post=84775963][/quote]
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Okoyechukwuma86: 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hey! Champagnemani
Please I need first information about Dubai....everything
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by vickifeanyi47(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2020
Okoyechukwuma86:

Hey! Champagnemani
Please I need first information about Dubai....everything

I have second information grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
kellycute:
but for professionals!!!!. I work in a construction firm as an health and safety professional and I'm doing well. Those of us in the safety career have better chances than our competitors from other countries like India, Pakistan, etc cos we have the necessary certification and qualifications as per meeting the requirement to work as safety professionals in uae. Hse professional earn a minimum of 15000dirham (1.5m naira) per month if you have nebosh diploma. Inasmuch as your qualifications determine your paid as far as hse career is concern in uae, it also depends on your employers. some employers paid their safety professionals 22000 Dirham (2.2m naira) per month while other might paid as low as 5000 Dirham (500k) per month.

Must u have Nigerian bsc degree sir?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Zagee: 8:08am On Feb 07, 2020
kellycute:
but for professionals!!!!. I work in a construction firm as an health and safety professional and I'm doing well. Those of us in the safety career have better chances than our competitors from other countries like India, Pakistan, etc cos we have the necessary certification and qualifications as per meeting the requirement to work as safety professionals in uae. Hse professional earn a minimum of 15000dirham (1.5m naira) per month if you have nebosh diploma. Inasmuch as your qualifications determine your paid as far as hse career is concern in uae, it also depends on your employers. some employers paid their safety professionals 22000 Dirham (2.2m naira) per month while other might paid as low as 5000 Dirham (500k) per month.
Can OSHA get me in, somewhere??
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by OYENIYIJK: 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2020
Zagee:
Can OSHA get me in, somewhere??
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by OYENIYIJK: 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
kellycute:
Sir you have forgotten me
oyeniyikenny2002@gmail.com
I have sent my WhatsApp number since
Please sir
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by promzy555(m): 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2020
Good evening everyone. Pls I need your ideas on how to get an hotel job in Dubai, how difficult is it to get hotel job.. I have my bachelor's degree in accounting edu, but 6 years working experience in hospitality as a manager.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Spanish Student Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.