Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (153407 Views)

My Experience Living In Germany And Trying To Learn German On My Own / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by maya007: 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
Pls can ya'all just stfu and leg her finish....adults b behaving like kindargatin kids even dos kids know wen to shut up...Haba

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by promzy555(m): 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
Pls I need advise, am about to giv someone money for 2 yr residents Visa, d agent said is beta dan 3 months visiting Visa, dat I can easily get a job in Dubai. Pls how tru is that? After spending my money to get the d 2 yrs resident Visa will my employer hold my passport too? D agent said it will cost me 1.4million naira to do the 2yrs Visa, pls is it not beta I do Europe? Pls I need ur help be4 I do something that I will regret.
Thanks [1quote author=NONNYG post=84768223] Many Americans and Europeans are moving to UAE to work because they make more money here than back home. Here there's no income tax and so many benefits like health insurance, house allowance, paid tickets, phone bill allowance, children school fees, car allowance or free company transportation etc

One funny thing about UAE is that your passport sometimes determines your pay

A Nigerian passport holder and American passport will be doing same job but will be getting different salary[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
Three weeks later i heard from the agency. I was given date time and venue for the interview. I wasn't sure what/how to prepare. I just did some editing on my cv and made the journey to Dublin.

The interview was nothing I've never experienced in my life. It lasted all of about 20 minutes. It was mostly chit chat and some questions like; how would you decorate your classroom? how would you manage a child with ADD (attention deficit disorder)? what are your classroom management skills? what if a student is dyslexic? are you aware of the cultural reservations in the middle east? have you been to the middle east before?

Me Did you miss the part where i said I was from Nigeria? In Nigeria we have Islam and Christan majority. I am a Christian, but have lived in the north all my life. So I know about Islam. In Nigeria, corporal punishment is very illegal. In fact I.....bla bla bla. And so interview ended with the promise of you'll hear from us. Na so I go house.

Two weeks later, I got an email asking me to make copies of the following documents available - transcript, highest degree, birth cert etc These documents should be attested at your countries ministry of of this and that. Please note that the ministry of education, UAE, would not bear the cost of these attestations. And then the sweet part kiss pls note that this offer of employment kiss is subject to your being able to satisfactorily complete reference checks and the employment requirements set by the Ministry of Labour...

Me Offer of employment?? Just like that?? A few days later I was on my way to naija to get my affairs in order.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by CSTR2: 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
I won't advise anybody to go to these Arab countries.

Even if money is raining there, I am not going.

Democracy, human rights and freedom is very important to ensure your quality of life and safety as an immigrant.

Western Europe, Scandinavia, America or Canada.

Outside of these countries, I am staying in Nigeria.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Kufie(m): 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
budaatum:

You drive too fast. The op is hopefully grateful for interest and contributions to her thread and we are learning here that people have different experiences in Dubai.

Read carefully and you’ll observe that she’s irritated. It’s just like you’re all out here to discredit her. This is her experience, let her speak!

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Funkybabee(f): 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
I love the country, but its a fake country

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
Zeinymira:
Champagnemami

Is it easier to get a nursing job over there?

B sc. Nurse??

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Sterope(f): 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2019
What would you do under harsh working conditions? You are stuck, you cannot get your passport until after a year and If you do, what is the possibility of getting a job within 28 days?

Akiliogidi:

Oh OK, thanks for the clarity, the agent never told me this ...
But is it that easy to walk up to your boss to tell him you are not working again? what if he refuses? what next?
Success wishes though, one day be one day I will surely leave Naija
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by budaatum: 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Kufie:

Read carefully and you’ll observe that she’s irritated. It’s just like you’re all out here to discredit her. This is her experience, let her speak!
Why don't we ask her instead of assuming?

Champagnemami, are you irritated at our contributions to your thread?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
Jaynom:

In other words YOUR EMPLOYER OWNS YOU!!

Yes. And they love owning you.
My friend came down on a resident visa. He's bn here less than a year but his employers are advising him to cancel his visa and be under theirs.
Just so that they can own him.

And no, the employers are not Arabs, they are Americans

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
Sterope:
What would you do under harsh working conditions? You are stuck, you cannot get your passport until after a year and If you do, what is the possibility of getting a job within 28 days?

To avoid being at the mercy of your employer, you can just get your own visa.

When Yuh boss pisses you off, you just hiss and walk out

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Zeinymira(f): 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
Champagnemami:

B sc. Nurse??

Yeah
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Mcreloaded(m): 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
Kufie:
So sad that Champagnemami couldn’t finish this thread in peace and has probably unfollowed the topic.

Lionlee216 and others who felt they had negative things to contribute are very irresponsible people. This is her story, go and write about yours too.

I come and tire. They wont let the OP finish her story and the worst of them are those that quote long epistle and end up saying rubbish.
These are the type you wish never to watch a movie with because they will bombard you with stupid questions.
I hope she comtinues

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Afiahomes(m): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Kufie:
So sad that Champagnemami couldn’t finish this thread in peace and has probably unfollowed the topic.

Lionlee216 and others who felt they had negative things to contribute are very irresponsible people. This is her story, go and write about yours too.
you dey mind them angry
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by odi1278(m): 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
They have changed the law. You can stay back and get a job if successful. [1quote author=AntiMCU post=84769015]
At the bold, are you serious?

Who still goes to the U.K for educational purposes?

Such person is uninformed.
shocked[/quote]
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Twenehe: 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
vicsongreat:
I graduated from a state uni in Nigeria in 2014, served 2015, searched for job from 2015-2017, yet non came except teaching job of 12k per month, I decided to borrow to travel to Dubai, I landed in Dubai on July 2017, got job after 3days of my arrival, I work at an ice factory with 1500aed which is 150k per month. My company did my 2yrs visa for free, gave me accommodation, electricity, water and medical. I only spend on feeding. They were with my passport, Jan this year was my 1yr 6mnths, they booked my vacation flight to Nigeria to and fro, plus 100k pocket money, I spent 2mnths in Nigeria. I returned march, I cancelled from my work place around June, I runned a course called Sira for 5days were I obtained my security and safety certificate and I got a security job that pays me 250k per month now. UAE favoured me abeg. Am greatful to God.
can you explain more on 'sira' course as i am planning to travel to dubai

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
Zeinymira:

Yeah

You'll get all your nursing everything from naija to show Yuh fully licensed to practice.

And then you come down here for DHA assessment exam and license.

I hear the exam is cheap buh i know someone who's attempted it 6 times cheesy

Health and education are two sectors that hardly fail you here

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
GoldenJAT:
Good evening ma'am! I would really appreciate if you can put me through the steps in getting a teaching job there. I'm a teacher and love what I do... Is there any course(s) one would need to take?

What did you study
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by alphaconde(m): 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
One guy for this thread get 1.4m to give agent.

Gawd

There are a lot of things u can start doing with that money in a couple of year u can afford trips to any country.

Well do what pleases u

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
isthatso:

what of stories we hear of unmarried people living together and geting jailed?

My dear I cant really say. Here, they say PDA is an offense. As in, dont even hold hands in public but people do and they dont get arrested. But i know they don't kiss in public

And i c lots of live-in-lovers.

So those stories...

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
I have a. Guy who went to Dubai he was working in etisalat as call center agent in nigers which he was earning (75 K. He work like 3 years
He left to Dubai thinking he has made it
After like two month in Dubai. He got a job in dubai still in eiisalat as a marketer he was earning 200k in Dubai in Nigeria money but you have to meet target evermonth he was given a 6 month probation if you didn’t make your target. They will give him a break which resulted to sack
They held his passport in case he may leave the job to another job. He was eventually sack and have to return to Nigeria to start afresh
Now is regretting now that he shouldnt have gone to Dubai
I feel pity. For him now is managing 45k job in Nigeria now

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by NONNYG: 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
Champagnemami:

To avoid being at the mercy of your employer, you can just get your own visa.

When Yuh boss pisses you off, you just hiss and walk out
Savagegrin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by vicsongreat(m): 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
Twenehe:

can you explain more on 'sira' course as i am planning to travel to dubai
its a security course that u must attend before u qualify to take up any security job. Its a five days course programme, and it cost bout 170k ooooo. But once u have it, u will get a security job.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
promzy555:
Pls I need advise, am about to giv someone money for 2 yr residents Visa, d agent said is beta dan 3 months visiting Visa, dat I can easily get a job in Dubai. Pls how tru is that? After spending my money to get the d 2 yrs resident Visa will my employer hold my passport too? D agent said it will cost me 1.4million naira to do the 2yrs Visa, pls is it not beta I do Europe? Pls I need ur help be4 I do something that I will regret.
Thanks

What Job are you coming here to do?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Zeinymira(f): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Champagnemami:

You'll get all your nursing everything from naija to show Yuh fully licensed to practice.

And then you come down here for DHA assessment exam and license.

I hear the exam is cheap buh i know someone who's attempted it 6 times

Health and education are two sectors that hardly fail you here

grin gringrin grin. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lionlee216(m): 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
Kufie:

You very stu.pid for that statement of yours.

Too bad your reasoning is so warped you cant even differentiate btw asking "questions" and "attacking someone"

Shalom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Respect55(m): 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
Just here to learn and advise my friend who is likely to travel to Dubai this month. No education but a computer wizard

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lakesider(m): 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
don't go to Dubai or any Arab country except u are a tourist ..
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by ernietime(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
You are mean.. grin grin

NewBea:

Your English gives headache.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by NONNYG: 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
lakesider:
don't go to Dubai or any Arab country except u are a tourist ..
why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Spanish Student Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.