Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (47577 Views)

Poll: Was the interview disrespectful or just serious?

disrespectful: 34% (17 votes)
just serious: 66% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence / #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? / Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Musiwa13: 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2010
You ask what is the relationship in the video.

Look at the lady face, she ask obama a difficult question.

But see Obama face when he reply. This is what president do.

On issue of manner. Just like you have table manners, you have speech manners.
One of the bad manners that nigerian do is over the phone. If you are talking to a nigerian over the phone, if they are not interested to talk to you, they slam the phone. That is one of the greatest thing that would piss off a white person. And I tell you, they would never talk to you, in his life again.
Over times after living here, I hate it when nigerian do that to me now. It is the worst thing you can do to a person. White people would never talk to you again.

I use to call someone in nigeria awhile back and this person slam the phone. You need to see my face.

Another rude manners of nigerian as to do with the church. If you tell nigerian, I am not going to your church if they invite you. They look for ways to manipulate you. This is rude and a show of disrespect for a person.

Another lack of manners by Nigerian is that, when you tell them NO, they do not listen. because nigerian pretend alot. For me, living here over long time, I got use to accepting NO as No and yes and yes.
And when I deal with nigerian, they dont get it.  So when I tell you, I am not going to your church.  Dont waste your time. I would never step my foot there.  it is bad manners to try.

I can continue and forever fill up this pages. When I got here, I did not know that when they say yes, it means yes and when they say NO, it NO. because in Nigeria NO may mean yes.

It is like you trying to date a nigerian women. I found it difficult because I am use to YES been YES and NO been NO. but for them, thier NO  may mean Yes. So you get confused what they want.
If you pretend while dealing with you, you are going to be the end losser, because I am going to kick you down the curve.

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 11:07pm On Nov 30, 2010
cap28:

saggy i see you are back in your demented chimp mode again, that brief moment of sanity did not last long at all did it? now what ?  did you take my advice a few posts back when i recommended anger management classes, doesnt sound like it - try breathing exercises

You are reetarded!!!

Musiwa,:

You ask what is the relationship in the video.

Look at the lady face, she ask obama a difficult question.

But see Obama face when he reply. This is what president do.

On issue of manner. Just like you have table manners, you have speech manners.
One of the bad manners that nigerian do is over the phone. If you are talking to a nigerian over the phone, if they are not interested to talk to you, they slam the phone. That is one of the greatest thing that would piss off a white person. And I tell you, they would never talk to you, in his life again.
Over times after living here, I hate it when nigerian do that to me now. It is the worst thing you can do to a person. White people would never talk to you again.

I use to call someone in nigeria awhile back and this person slam the phone. You need to see my face.

Another rude manners of nigerian as to do with the church. If you tell nigerian, I am not going to your church if they invite you. They look for ways to manipulate you. This is rude and a show of disrespect for a person.

Another lack of manners by Nigerian is that, when you tell them NO, they do not listen. because nigerian pretend alot. For me, living here over long time, I got use to accepting NO as No and yes and yes.
And when I deal with nigerian, they dont get it.  So when I tell you, I am not going to your church.  Dont waste your time. I would never step my foot there.  it is bad manners to try.

I can continue and forever fill up this pages. When I got here, I did not know that when they say yes, it means yes and when they say NO, it NO. because in Nigeria NO may mean yes.

It is like you trying to date a nigerian women. I found it discover because I am use to YES been YES and NO been NO. but for them, thier NO  may mean Yes. So you get confused what they want.
If you pretend while dealing with you, you are going to be the end losser, because I am going to kick you down the curve.

F Lawd!!!

With that grammar, I have no doubt this is Becomerich or at least his blood relative.  grin grin grin
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Musiwa13: 11:33pm On Nov 30, 2010
If you call a nigeria office, if they do not want to answer your phone. They slam the phone on you. That is bad manners. if you call most nigerian, they just slam the phone. That rude, very rude.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 11:40pm On Nov 30, 2010
Musiwa,:

If you call a nigeria office, if they do not want to answer your phone. They slam the phone on you. That is bad manners. if you call most nigerian, they just slam the phone. That rude, very rude.

Uhmm. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by isalegan2: 4:59am On Dec 01, 2010
cap28:

ill come back to you on the other post shortly.

Okay, it's fine to do that when you can.  I think you mean the war debate in the other thread.  Will check over there periodically.  Not here.   smiley
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by mystikal(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2010
Watching these two made me cringe. Isha was plain rude, Goodluck was busy comparing Nigeria with Chicken and eggs
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by martinosi: 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2010
cap28:

Obasanjo's excuse that nigeria's huge population limits the filtering down effect of oil revenue to the nigerian populace is a disgraceful lie.

First of all revenue generated from oil is transferred into the federation account - monies in this account are then allocated to the various states in accordance with the following criteria:  equal shares per state, population, social development, land mass, and revenue generation. Therefore each state SHOULD be receiving its share of oil revenue in direct proportion to the number of people that reside in that state . 

Obasanjo fails to mention that during the military era (pre 1999) various deductions were  made from the gross proceeds of oil revenues BEFORE THE monies even started filtering down to the nigerian populace.

For example an initial deduction known as a first charge would be made from nigeria's gross oil revenues - this money would then be placed under direct  federal govt control - where was this money going and what did the govt do with it?

Okay after these "deductions" the fed govt would be left with the balance which would then be placed in the federation account and then guess what FURTHER deductions  would again be made from this figure and additional monies would again be diverted into a "special fund account" - what was this  money for and where did it go?

After all of the above deductions the net proceeds would then be  shared between federal, govt, state and local govts respectively with the fed govt keeping approximately 70% of the net proceeds for itself.

I understand that the supreme court ruled in 2002  that deductions such as first charges and special charges which were made from the gross proceeds are now illegal, the situation now is that the net proceeds after an initial deduction which now has to be given to oil producing states will now have to go into the federation account and be shared according to the following ratios: federal govt - 47.3% state govt - 32.7  and local govt 20%.

As if this whole situation wasnt convoluted enough Obasanjo decided in 2002 that any revenue generated from off shore oil blocs lying adjacent to oil producing states would be regarded as revenue accruing to the FGN only thereby BLOCKING further allocation of oil revenue to the oil producing regions.

Now my question to you is this - if Obasanjo claims that high population is the reason that oil revenue is not tricklling down to the entire populace why would he insist that oil wells located adjacent to the oil producing regions remain the property of the FGN and not the property of the adjoining states?

This point is a major issue of "Syphoning of funds" which the Federal Govtdoes not want to address and the *Big thing* now is all these "off shore" oilblocks from the "Nigerian Continental Shelf" that MNC's (Foreign Oil Companies)are bidding for.Once they start building the rigs and drilling the oil & gas,
there will be so much revenue generated but it will not be disbursed to the
federal states.
M.O

The bottom line is that systemic corruption makes a complete nonsense of whatever method is used to distribute oil revenue in nigeria, it doesnt really matter how the monies are distributed or what criteria is used, the major problem is that these so called public officials who have been placed in positions of authority have systematically failed the people they are supposed to be serving time and time again, your excuses therefore hold absolutely no water.

So true the point you made about the 2002 law OBJ Passed and this PIB Bill they have just passed now. How are they going to enforce it. Its not by force and if
International Oil companies do not train the Nigerian staff, who is going to train them to do the Jobs that require "In depth Techincal Know How"
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by cap28: 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2010
martinosi:

So true the point you made about the 2002 law OBJ Passed and this PIB Bill they have just passed now. How are they going to enforce it. Its not by force and if
International Oil companies do not train the Nigerian staff, who is going to train them to do the Jobs that require "In depth Techincal Know How"

In order to enforce the supreme court decision of 2002  the FGN would have to revise the previous ratios under which oil revenue was previously being allocated, so instead of the FGN siphoning off monies into various ghost accounts BEFORE allocation of the net proceeds to the states and local govts,  allocation of the revenue would have to be made with the gross oil revenue proceeds at federal, state and local govt level ,whether this will actually happen is another story. Also the problem is not so much the amount of money being allocated but the officials in charge of this allocation, if one state receives N1 billion naira per month in oil revenues but the whole lot goes into the pockets of the state govt officials of what use has this revised method of revenue allocation been to the people of that state?
so you can see that nigeria's problem always comes back to the issue of corruption and until we have people in office who are willing to serve and not steal we will remain stagnant.

The other thing is that the supreme court decision (under directions from OBJ) also introduced this new system where states lying adjacent to offshore oil wells can only lay claim to those wells located within a radius of 200 km of their shorelines  -  the objective being  to prevent various oil generating states from receiving additional revenue from these wells - that indicates to me that the federal govt are intent on holding on to the lion's share of the oil revenues, again a sign that they are not interested in the development of nigeria as a nation but merely in diverting as much of nigeria's revenue into more ghost accounts for onward transmission to swiss bank accounts.  In fact the northerners have already started quarreling with GEJ over 9 offshore  oil wells which he allocated to bayelsa state in breach of the 2002 supreme court declaration:

http://www.africancrisis.co.za/Article.php?ID=85410&

The PIB's main focus seems to be to generate higher taxes and royalties from international oil companies which is not a bad thing in principle, however as you well know the  proceeds will not be used for the economic development of the nation and its people but will again be diverted into the pockets of these same corrupt public officials.

your question about foreign operators not training nigerian staff is such an important question, i was reading some articles about exchange of technical know how in the oil industry in nigeria and came across this article:

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201004232364723

apparently GEJ recently enacted legislation known as the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Bill 2010 -i think this bill is supposed to allow for nigerians to be involved in all aspects of the oil and gas sector - in areas such as ownership of service companies, equipment, personnel and execution of jobs.

If the law is enforced and adhered to - it will definitely be a step in the right direction, but again when we are talking about nigeria things tend not to pan out in accordance with the rule of law, i will read up more on this legislation.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 05, 2010
@topic, she wasn't being rude. I think the beef with her is that she is a Sierra Leonean woman who questioned the Nigerian president.
I am studying to be a Journalist as she is, imagine if I who isnt even African born were to conduct this interview, you guys would burn my house down LOL. leave the girl alone man. She's just doing her job. Most Journalists are taught to keep their feelings inside but they are human so body language is going to tell on them, its not just her! sheesh! ok! so she was a bit out of order in the last seconds but come on man maybe she is skeptical, how many of you could have a conversation with George Bush or someone who yu did not trust and swear you wouldnt have an attitude?

btw i think the president is sexy oo! nice eyes! smiley

LMFAO@ SAGAMITE PICKING ON SOME1'S GRAMMAR!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by aljharem(m): 2:25am On Dec 05, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

@topic, she wasn't being rude. I think the beef with her is that she is a Sierra Leonean woman who questioned the Nigerian president.
I am studying to be a Journalist as she is, imagine if I who isnt even African born were to conduct this interview, you guys would burn my house down LOL. leave the girl alone man. She's just doing her job. Most Journalists are taught to keep their feelings inside but they are human so body language is going to tell on them, its not just her! sheesh! ok! so she was a bit out of order in the last seconds but come on man maybe she is skeptical, how many of you could have a conversation with George Bush or someone who yu did not trust and swear you wouldnt have an attitude?

btw i think the president is sexy oo! nice eyes! smiley
and why did u say that
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 05, 2010
^^DONT BE MAD cry I was talking to the poster o!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by aljharem(m): 2:35am On Dec 05, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^^DONT BE MAD cry I was talking to the poster o!

ok smiley
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by excoba101: 9:39am On Dec 05, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

JESUS I LOVE OBJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sLfCeKC-E

HE SAID "STEVE DID HE MENTIONED OBASANJO?"
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by tpia1: 11:09am On Dec 05, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

LMFAO@ SAGAMITE PICKING ON SOME1'S GRAMMAR!

@ bolded

no, it's not.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by 1025: 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2010
I used to like this girl in CNN and was proud of how far and high she has climbed in the Cooperate ladder as a black woman. However, after viewing her interview with President Jonathan, i have lost all respect for her. WHO does she think she is?? To address a sitting President this way, ?? Even her body language shows tremondous condescension and her tone almost rude. Will she have the fear to address President Obama this way or any other president this way for that matter Even if you do not agree with President Jonathan, he is still a sitting President and as such deserves respect ,, and especially from an African Girl from seirra Leon whose mom should have thought better about respecting their Elders, She should never be given access to any other top politician in Nigeria period. If she talks to a Nigerian President this way, i just wonder the respect she has for all Nigerians like us,

The Interview from You tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYj9coCZpc8

@igwe1,
i think u need to go and watch that interview again whenever u are not drunk or high on something.
ur jonathan was shaking. look at his heart beat as he speaks, very funny.
what kind of respect were u looking for? praising jonathan when nigerians are dying or praising him when the country is full of corruption?
oil and poverty, obj told bbc hardtalk that our population is too much, oil and poverty, jonathan told the girl that our population is too much, is population now a disadvantage to nigeria? if yes, why not divide the country? china, india and america are not complaining abt the population so why nigeria?
jonathan did not become the president of nigeria with our consent and as such deserves no respect from us talkless the girl. i hope jonathan meets bbc hard talk and only then will u appreciate respect.
watch these guys interview their own leaders. they ask them things u can never imagine. they accuse them directly and it takes only wise leaders to defend carefully to avoid another track to weaknesses.
i saw ur writeup and rushed to watch the interview only to end up seeing nothing. u must learn to grow up. no wonder in all ur bla bla bla, u never point to one point of insult from the innocent girl.
we are a failed society and we always look for someone to blame.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by McKren(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2010
BEAF NEVER COMMENTS ON THREADS LIKE THESE

HE DOES NOT LIKE TO SEE VIDEO OF HIS OGA

THE MAN IS TOO HORRIBLE THAT HE MAKES EVEN HIS FANS CRINGE
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Musiwa13: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
Just to correct you people. So that in future nigerian would not make sure mistake. " You dont catch people" you arrest people. I would listen to the tape again and help you people out.  You catch people is pingin english.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by mamagee3(f): 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2011
Please you all should give Isha Seshay a break already!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2012
McKren: BEAF NEVER COMMENTS ON THREADS LIKE THESE

HE DOES NOT LIKE TO SEE VIDEO OF HIS OGA

THE MAN IS TOO HORRIBLE THAT HE MAKES EVEN HIS FANS CRINGE

FYI @BEAFS salary has not been paid since January 1st 2012.. that is why you won't see him make any comments grin grin grin
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by judeumeh(m): 6:43am On Oct 17, 2014
Listened to the interview. There was nothing disrespectful to the president from Aisha. Her questions were investigatively journalistic, and well addressed to the president. The answers to her. Questions were rather unpresidential; save the answer on rules of engagement regarding the possibility of deployment of Nigerian military personnel to Somalia. The president's answer to corruption issues with reference to other countries wasn't "presidential".
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by ogbronx(m): 7:58am On Oct 17, 2014
@op, you are obviously a mediocrist. She was probably appalled by the personality of your president . A president of the most populous black nation without confidence and charisma. He couldn't answer questions? smh for Nigeria!
Have u ever heard the presidents of Kenya and Ghana speak or address people? You might probably not see the difference for being a mediocrist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Stoned In Kogi / "Why Igbo Man Can Never Be Nigeria’s President" – Junaid Mohammed / Governor Okorocha Dressed As A Secondary School Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.