Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,669 members, 7,801,933 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G (20510 Views)

Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / Palton Morgan Appoints Former EMAAR CEO As COO In Race To Expand Nigeria's Prope / Adebisi To Become Wema Bank CEO As Oloketuyi Retires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by postbox: 7:23am On Dec 09, 2019
MTN Nigeria has announced 14-year-old Ademuwa Ifeoluwa of Chrisfield College, Ikorodu Lagos as its first one-day kid CEO. Ademuwa became one-day CEO after emerging winner of the maiden edition of the Lagos State Private Schools Spelling Bee Competition sponsored by MTN Nigeria. He was announced winner following five months of fast-paced competition that attracted participation from 70 secondary schools in the State.

On Thursday, December 5, 2019, Ademuwa assumed the role of Kid CEO for one day at the company’s headquarters in Ikoyi, Lagos. The highlight of his day was when he welcomed dignitaries to the 5G demonstration at the same venue. He was also on hand to receive the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Mrs. Folasade Jaji, the Oba of Lagos, His Royal Majesty, Oba Rilwan Akiolu and other dignitaries.

Speaking at the event, Rahul De, Chief Marketing Officer, MTN Nigeria said, “The one-day CEO experience will open the winner and his peers to an aspect of life that is interesting. I believe the process will enhance their overall development. We are glad to be part of this, which further affirms our commitment to equipping young Nigerians. This is one of the cardinal reasons we introduced mPulse.”

“With MTN mPulse, we seek to show children and parents that a well-grounded educational and ‘fun-based’ platform can expand the future beyond what we have predicted. I am excited for the thousands of children that have stepped up to the podium to participate since the competition began. They have taken the first steps towards transforming their lives and we are very proud of them.”

Ademuwa shared his excitement; “I didn’t know that the CEO for a day would be this massive. The Chief Human Resources officer greeted me outside! I’ve been sharing and swapping ideas with Mazen, the Chief Operating Officer. Since I stepped in here, it has been an amazing time. I’m not sure how to thank MTN. This has been an unbelievable experience. Thank you so much.” The young boy also thanked his school for the chance to live out one of his dreams.

Lagos State Private Schools Spelling Bee competition was organised in partnership with the National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (Lagos State Chapter). The competition commenced in June 2019 with the intra-school phase. Each participating school had 21 spellers with five spellers advancing to the next stage. The competition progressed to the semi-final/inter-school stage at six different district locations; the stage produced 31 outstanding spellers from 26 schools.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2019/12/08/mtn-nigeria-announces-one-day-kid-ceo-as-lagos-experiences-5g-demonstration/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by skkslar: 7:30am On Dec 09, 2019
Great initiative, this will spur this kid for greater things in the future

Aside that, MTN must reduce the cost of data.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:30am On Dec 09, 2019
Anything for our kids to be happy.

Nice one from MTN.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by lekanolaolu: 7:31am On Dec 09, 2019
That is a good one from MTN Nigeria...

5 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by jamexborn(m): 7:31am On Dec 09, 2019
T
Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by frankmoney(m): 7:32am On Dec 09, 2019
Better give yourself letter of employment . As you are the CEO

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by twilliamx(m): 7:32am On Dec 09, 2019
After robbing us silly, they want use this levels they package like say them nice. U buy 1gb data now and 10 mins later you go don dey see you have 200mb left. MTN can not make heaven

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by Gidah: 7:32am On Dec 09, 2019
Can he slash down data price during his tenure

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by MrSix: 7:32am On Dec 09, 2019
Check my signature

I've got 2 pieces of Dell E7240 corei5 118gb SSD , 12gb RAM in Abuja. Pay on delivery
And many more others in Lagos and also pay on delivery or pick up.
Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by awoniyi1236(m): 7:33am On Dec 09, 2019
Great grin

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by Incandescent(m): 7:34am On Dec 09, 2019
MTN can do better with regards to CSR particularly offering scholarship
Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by theNOISEmaker: 7:34am On Dec 09, 2019
Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by naijadrivablog: 7:34am On Dec 09, 2019
If I were that boy, they will pay me the daily salary of the CEO and entitlements.

7 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by nan1: 7:35am On Dec 09, 2019
Congrats boy Yoruba making Nigeria proud right from time immemorial

9 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by Jgoldie: 7:36am On Dec 09, 2019
west side; the best side grin

7 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by CSTR2: 7:36am On Dec 09, 2019
I am going to be in calabar to experience the 5G when it gets there.
Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by JeffreyLiaison(m): 7:36am On Dec 09, 2019
MTN is stealing data and money, even in Free Basics.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by dermmy(m): 7:37am On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmm. MTN should be ready to spend a huge amount of money, 5G cell towers will have to be much closer than with previous cellular network generations. In other words, 5G means a lot more towers.
Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by BamideleScope(m): 7:37am On Dec 09, 2019
Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by Encapsulate: 7:37am On Dec 09, 2019
Brace yourselfs ladies and gentlemen. They are coming

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by CSTR2: 7:38am On Dec 09, 2019
Jgoldie:
west side; the best side grin
Fine girl like you.
NA Igbo man you go marry.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by englishmart(m): 7:39am On Dec 09, 2019
Kid CEO, use your head

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by BlueRayDick: 7:39am On Dec 09, 2019
Wait o, what happened to that one day governor usually organized by lagos state back then self?

I know Tinubu's wife started it then as the first lady when they allow the winner of the spelling bee competition sit as one day governor in Lagos state. It seem the whole thing has been watered down(that is if it has not been scrapped, tho I'm not sure)

Anyways, back then I feel those kids who end up being one day governor should be monitored; at least after 5 or 6 years after secondary school we should know how well they've fare either in the university or as a skilled technician/tradesmen and women.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by kponkedenge(m): 7:40am On Dec 09, 2019
Rubbish. Your 4G is shite and you guys are talking about 5G already. How about fixing your 4G to run properly first.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by Onlinealaba(m): 7:40am On Dec 09, 2019
The boy should just sign a life salary for himself with all entitlement of the CEO..MTN go shock grin
We sell quality and affordable Smart TVs

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by Praktikals(m): 7:41am On Dec 09, 2019
If they appoint my kid for 1 day, I will teach him how to embezzle billions tongue
Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by Naijaepic: 7:41am On Dec 09, 2019
You are referring to a past event, today is 9th of December, the event occurred on 5th of December.
So, the chain of events indicated that your question is irrelevant at this time.

Gidah:
Can he slash down data price during his tenure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by Jgoldie: 7:42am On Dec 09, 2019
CSTR2:

Fine girl like you.
NA Igbo man you go marry.

lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by PotatoSalad(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2019
Smh
Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by blowjohn(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2019
post=84754196:
Anything for our kids to be happy.

Nice one from MTN.

Yes anything for our kids to be happy, even if it's all media stunt.

Nice one from mtn even though the keep ripping us off.

Aswear if I had the power, mtn won't bring any nonsense 5G until they address many issues on ground.
But trust we naija people.
Anything free is not questioned.
See comments everywhere showing how happy people are just becos of this media propaganda.
The same people are having their data running out like a leaked pipe!

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2019
twilliamx:
After robbing us silly, they want use this levels they package like say them nice. U buy 1gb data now and 10 mins later you go don dey see you have 200mb left. MTN can not make heaven

I dey tell you�
Re: MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G by yusluvad(m): 7:57am On Dec 09, 2019
Very good initiative.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Cubana: Despite The Challenges Of November, 2021 Remains Our Best Year Ever / Firstbank Pays 2Billion Naira TSA Fine / 5 Annoying Things Anyone That Uses A Nigerian Bank Can Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.