Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,372 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device (13032 Views)

Driver Evading LASTMA Raid Crushes Street Cleaners To Death In Lagos / Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders / FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by naijadrivablog: 8:24am On Dec 09, 2019
The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has said all arrangements have been concluded to unveil a mobile device to electronically track and issue tickets to traffic law violators in Lagos State.

The Deputy General Manager of LASTMA, Comptroller Isaac Adetimiro, said this at a forum organised to explain the device and its functionality in Lagos on Friday, November 6.
Adetimiro said that the device, Traffic Management Solutions (TMS), was meant to capture videos and pictures of traffic violations in real time as they occur, without threat of harm to the traffic officers.

According to him, this technology has become necessary to efficiently and effectively manage traffic without creating further traffic flow obstruction through interaction of LASTMA officers with violators on the road.

The LASTMA boss said with the device, LASTMA’s officers would no longer physically and verbally engage violators on the road, but only use it to take videos and picture evidence of the violation.

On the operational process, he said that the Traffic Violation Management System (TVMS) through the device included data capturing, data processing, and data storage.

He said that the violation time, date, place and location would be captured and the device would transfer videos and pictures to the data processing centre for scrutiny, which would enhance transparency in the fines for offences.
Adetimiro said: “Captured violations are reviewed in our Violation Processing Centre to verify beyond any doubt that a traffic violation was committed and that the correct corresponding value of the legal fine is attached to it.

“This significantly reduces erroneous violation notifications being sent to vehicle owners. Anytime a violation is processed against any vehicle, the owner gets an SMS notification.
“The violators have 48 hours to either make payment or challenge the said violation at the court of law. If any of these is not done, action and enforcement will be taken against the violators.”

He said that the Violations Processing Centre would also provide an estimated employment for up to 3,000 qualified residents at kick off.
According to him, all processed violations are saved into individual violation files and uploaded into centralised data storage banks for safe keeping.

He said that such would be archived until they were recalled any time the need arose, for verification of violations, viewing video and picture evidence of the existing violations, or for the payment of violation fines attached to them.
The LASTMA boss said:

Every vehicle owner has a right to challenge a captured violation of their vehicle by clicking the challenge button on the website or mobile application.
“The vehicle owner would be required to go to the nearest traffic court to have the violation reviewed.
“The court will be provided with the stored video and picture evidence of the captured offence and the vehicle owner will be allowed to explain to the court why the evidence should be disregarded.
He said that the court’s ruling and decision on the matter would be final if any violator challenged a violation in court.

Adetimiro also said that vehicle owners should also be checking the status of their vehicles through free online checks, short codes and client app for any violation against such vehicles.
He said that the TMS would resolve the perennial traffic gridlock caused by traffic violation in a densely vehicular populated areas of the state.

The LASTMA boss said that it would eradicate the problem of payment of bribes to traffic officers, as only electronic payments guarantee the clearance of a violation from the violators list.

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/12/09/lastma-to-track-traffic-violators-with-mobile-device/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Simplyleo: 8:41am On Dec 09, 2019
With continued advancement in satellite-based communication in tracking not just traffic offenders, but also internet criminals, I have a feeling this online crime will soon come to an end.

Nigeria can enter into partnership with her neighbours to launch an augmentation satellite to further improve the operation of the existing GNSS.

7 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Waakanda: 9:46am On Dec 09, 2019
Please link people's BVN directly if possible cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Brandstudio01: 9:47am On Dec 09, 2019
Electronic Voting to Elect Formidable Team of Leadership from Top to Button is what we need not Traffic Money Tracker.
Generating Revenue for some resources hungry Politicians won't Move the Country forward

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up.

16 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by totit: 10:09am On Dec 09, 2019
The LASTMA boss said with the device, LASTMA’s officers would no longer physically and verbally engage violators on the road, but only use it to take videos and picture evidence of the violation.

The above will surely reduce corruption and unnecessary pounding on innocent vehicle owners. But, and most important, i do hope the above quote is indeed true, and maintained by LASMA officers? undecided

How sweet that would be but the FRSC should also consider this from Lagos state.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by naijadrivablog: 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
wink
Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by tck2000(m): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Super Story

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by olteo: 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
nice innovation
Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Johsefu alala

1 Like

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by ayaexd(m): 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
For Lagos here.... I laugh Chinese laugh grin grin angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by itsme01: 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
undecided

I wonder what Abuja FCT administrators are doing, no adjustment nothing nothing since Elrufai's grandstanding

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by brunofarad(m): 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Story !

That moment you just want to look like you dey try improve .
Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Factgist: 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by starbuck(f): 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
Odiegwu

Na one man go pocket the money mapped out for it grin grin grin
Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by nedekid: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
FIX THE ROADS!
This point and kill government only has sense when it comes to revenue collection but fails in its own responsibility to repair roads.
You fine for traffic infractions, who fines government for bad roads?
Heck my car is dropping oil from hitting my sump. undecided

6 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by BankyGee(m): 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
That's how they fumble every year.
Annual fumblers undecided

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by wagazala: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
Brilliant. Funny enough a Lastma official snapped me with this 'blue pos' last week. I wasn't sure but now I know. I hope they are still testing sha... grin

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
May the Lord in Heaven punish you, the government that put you and your fellow road terrorists on the road for inflicting untold hardship on hardworking Lagosians.
For all the extortions ,unnecessary hijacking of cars and ripping people off, may your generation unborn pay for all those sins.

A car would break down on the road and the driver would be scrambling to either fix / move it off the road and these mofos would come all in the name of helping the driver who's bereft of ideas at that moment tow the vehicle to their office and impose hefty charges on him, or is it people that are trying to avoid reckless Danfo drivers from bashing their cars thereby swaying their cars direction to the right or left of the road and boom, they would pounce on the driver and arrest him, meanwhile they were watching the scene as the Danfo was driving rough.

8 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Wickedfacts: 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
Waakanda:
Please link people's BVN directly if possible cool

Direct debit cheesy
Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Chydo63(m): 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
All this long grammar and waste of public funds for a law that will not affect danfo and brt buses because most danfo's are owned by LASTMA staff and the BRT by LASG. Las las it's private car owners that will suffer it. That's why I'd rather drive in Azumini.

5 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Ttipsy(f): 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
why can't people just obey traffic rules?? especially traffic lights,
let emulate the whites and stay safe
Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Dicktionary: 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
grin

My Student above, said they should connect the device to offender's BVN, what a very good Idea, I wish she could sell that Idea to Both the FG and Lagos state Government.

Even Environmental personnel should also be added to the plan.

Anything that have to do with Nigerian Citizens Account, I bet you Nigeria will keep to Rules and Regulations without arguments or a Fight.

Smh
I'mtheRealD!ck

1 Like

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by affable4(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Na so. Always announcing great ideas that wont last.
Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by OBIPLUS(m): 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
My major concern is the level of recklessness amongst okada , the state government should regulate these guys, imagine okada will see a pedestrian, instead of slowing or allowing the pedestrian pass , they Increaae speed, some instances the speed towards the pedestrian, I hope they are captured also and fined.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by Karemarealty288(m): 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
Please will those beggarly LASTMA officers at VGC and Under bridge Ajah use same device? Cos is pure waste of technology...... grin

1 Like

Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by tolumizzy(m): 11:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
K
Re: LASTMA To Track Traffic Violators With Mobile Device by firfinch(m): 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
Are the men learners? Can't they just automate the device?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos City Marathon 2018: LASTMA Announces Traffic Diversion / NNPC Says Airlines Can’t Pay For Aviation Fuel / FG Reopens Maiduguri International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.