Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,342 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:43 PM

Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu (3716 Views)

Anti-Party: Enugu APC suspends Nnamani, Onyeama, expels Chime, VON DG, others / Atiku: All That Glitters Not Gold – VON DG Cautions Ndigbo / "PDP Must Not Lose Kwankwaso To Another Party" - FFK Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by larryplaytv(m): 10:52am On Dec 09, 2019
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Director General, Voice of Nigeria (VON), Osita Okechukwu, has called on the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP to adopt Igbo Presidency for 2023.

Okechukwu, who spoke with journalists in Enugu on Sunday, said if APC and PDP produced Igbo presidential candidates in 2023, it would solve the “prevalent gun-box democracy” and return “ballot box democracy” to Nigeria.

Okechukwu made the appeal while reacting to issues on the country’s democracy and the 2023 presidential election.
He appealed to the two dominant political parties to adopt the Falae/Obasanjo model by fielding an Igbo presidential candidate.

According to him, adoption of Igbo Presidency is the only way to have a peaceful 2023 presidential election and save Nigeria’s ‘threatened’ democracy.

He added that rotation of president among different regions is the ligament holding the country’s fledgling democracy.

Okechukwu said, “I have tremendous respect for His Excellency Atiku Abubakar, our national leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, especially Tinubu, who more than anybody contributed the critical supplement to President Buhari’s 12 million vote-bank in 2015 which led us to victory.
“I also salute other prominent Nigerians who are angling to be president in 2023. However, Nigeria, our fatherland is bigger than any of us and her unity is of paramount importance.

“The Falae/Obasanjo model was founded in 1999, on equity, natural justice, and good conscience, with the sole objective of a harmonious and peaceful country

“We may recall that in 1999, two Yorubas were fielded by national consensus under PDP and AD/APP alliance. That was the genesis of rotation of president between North and South.

The destination was peace, unity, equity and good conscience. We need that now more than ever, especially now that Mr President had denounced those fifth columnists who bandied 3rd Term.
Igbo presidency is the recipe to create sense of belonging and save Nigeria’s threatened democracy.”
Source: Dailypost
Like Facebook page �www.facebook.com/Nairaxclusive

1 Like

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 09, 2019
Drunkard

3 Likes

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Brandstudio01: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2019
SatanTheDevil:
Drunkard
And when will people stop sounding as if they just dropped from another Planet?

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up.

3 Likes

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Charleys: 10:58am On Dec 09, 2019
If igbos become president of Nigeria, who will become president of Biafra?

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by nzeobi(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2019
If a good person emerges from the SE emerges, I will support him but if people like rochas and OUK emerges then count me out.

3 Likes

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by omoharry(f): 11:05am On Dec 09, 2019
I do not care about Igbo presidency anymore..when they get there they will turn out thesame or even worse off..We need a good president in in power irrespective of his tribe or religion.I am tired of who next is to eat the national cake.Everything is about the national cake and nothing more. Pls Nigerians need a good president, we are tired of It is my turn.
However, if the south East can bring a good candidate that is different from the clowns we have among the Igbo stucks, then it will be something for Nigerians to consider. I will vote for that person with the mind that he is a breath of fresh air from the nuisance that are parading themselves as Igbo leaders.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Almaiga: 11:08am On Dec 09, 2019
Trash.
Ibo's can never rule this Country.

Quote me anywhere. grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Simplyleo: 11:09am On Dec 09, 2019
[s]
larryplaytv:
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Director General, Voice of Nigeria (VON), Osita Okechukwu, has called on the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP to adopt Igbo Presidency for 2023.

Okechukwu, who spoke with journalists in Enugu on Sunday, said if APC and PDP produced Igbo presidential candidates in 2023, it would solve the “prevalent gun-box democracy” and return “ballot box democracy” to Nigeria.

Okechukwu made the appeal while reacting to issues on the country’s democracy and the 2023 presidential election.
He appealed to the two dominant political parties to adopt the Falae/Obasanjo model by fielding an Igbo presidential candidate.

According to him, adoption of Igbo Presidency is the only way to have a peaceful 2023 presidential election and save Nigeria’s ‘threatened’ democracy.

He added that rotation of president among different regions is the ligament holding the country’s fledgling democracy.

Okechukwu said, “I have tremendous respect for His Excellency Atiku Abubakar, our national leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, especially Tinubu, who more than anybody contributed the critical supplement to President Buhari’s 12 million vote-bank in 2015 which led us to victory.
“I also salute other prominent Nigerians who are angling to be president in 2023. However, Nigeria, our fatherland is bigger than any of us and her unity is of paramount importance.

“The Falae/Obasanjo model was founded in 1999, on equity, natural justice, and good conscience, with the sole objective of a harmonious and peaceful country

“We may recall that in 1999, two Yorubas were fielded by national consensus under PDP and AD/APP alliance. That was the genesis of rotation of president between North and South.

The destination was peace, unity, equity and good conscience. We need that now more than ever, especially now that Mr President had denounced those fifth columnists who bandied 3rd Term.
Igbo presidency is the recipe to create sense of belonging and save Nigeria’s threatened democracy.”
[/s]
The seat is a comfortable one, it was never given and the last time I checked, constitution has not stopped any tribe from vying. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Almaiga: 11:10am On Dec 09, 2019
Charleys:

FFK will become the first President of Biafra, while Joe Igbokwe will become his Vise. grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Simplyleo: 11:12am On Dec 09, 2019
Charleys:
Abi o. grin

Maybe athifku while ffk becomes the vice.

3 Likes

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Simplyleo: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2019
AbokiEzeGworo:
[s][/s]
great cancelling
Take a look at it again, it is not well cancelled, so go back and do the needful even though everything will soon be wiped off. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by johnmartus(m): 11:17am On Dec 09, 2019
The problem is that they have no the quality.

2 Likes

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Racoon(m): 11:39am On Dec 09, 2019
Forget all these shitty talks about Igbo or regional/rotational presidency.Nigeria is so much bastardized @ present that this model is utterly useless hence it's either Nigeria restructure or forcefully implode from within.

Restructuring will not totally eliminate most of our national problems today but will surely diffuse the tensions and allow regions to develop @ their own pace hence enhance competative growth.

3 Likes

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Afamed: 11:51am On Dec 09, 2019
Charleys:
Nnamdi Kanu already the President of Biafra, only he has not been swore in as elected leader though he has been in acting capacity

6 Likes

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by helinues: 11:52am On Dec 09, 2019
Just like that?

In Demmie Vee's voice: Nobody dey sow where he no go reap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by 9jabull: 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
larryplaytv:

Ofeke amaghi oge ekere nku ukwa.
Nwokea bu onye efulefu.
Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by ZombieTERROR: 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
If both parties don't support it....

Then the North takes it again
Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by tunjiajayi: 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
Mscheeeew
Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by chriskosherbal(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmm 2023 again and we are still in Dec of 2019, Na waoooo
Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by YOUNGSTERS: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
cool
Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Indispensable85(m): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
Na tinubu
Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by itsme01: 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
cool

Prison dey hungry this one like Uzor Kalu

Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by realstars: 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Them no go gree.
Re: Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu by Jack500: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
Not in this country, they themselves know, they are already queuing before another Hausa Fulani for 2023

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Did Kwara Deputy Speaker, Adetiba Get Money To Build Duplex In One Year? / ENDSARS: Muslims Attacked, Mosque Burnt Down In The Southeast & South South / Eid-El-Fitr: Ugwuanyi urges Muslims to remain committed to God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.