Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,835 members, 7,802,671 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta (19541 Views)

Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram / Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah / Dele Momodu: I Was On The Run From Abacha And Was Granted Asylum In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by hisexcellency34: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2019
Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, has described the re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore, convener of the #RevolutionNow movement, shortly after his release as a national tragedy.

Adams said the situation that played out at the court only indicated that Nigeria had drifted as a democratic nation.

Speaking at the weekend, he insisted that the situation in the country had justified that the rule of law was gradually dying, while the Federal Government remained helpless.

"What happened at the court reminded me of the dark era of the military but, ironically, the present government under President Muhammadu Buhari is like the military junta of the late Sani Abacha in which the military brigandage held sway for years.

“I have been watching events as they unfold, but I am saddened that the event that transpired in the court was a testimony that Nigeria has a long way to go.

The Department of State Services (DSS) failed to respect the rule of law and it was a sad reminder of the military era,” he said.

Adams expressed sadness that the prolonged detention of Sowore had affected the image of Nigeria, because the world was watching the government with keen interest.

He said: “This is not the democracy we fought for between 1993 and 1998. I remember vividly as activists and pro-democracy groups, we put our lives on the line to ensure that our dreams for this democracy became a reality. Now, democracy is here, but we have lost touch with the ideals of a democratic setting as it is practised in other climes.”

https://www.independent.ng/sowore-buharis-govt-not-different-from-abachas-junta-gani-adams/

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Racoon(m): 11:30am On Dec 09, 2019
One was the protege of the other.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Maxymilliano(m): 11:31am On Dec 09, 2019
Were you expecting anything different

[img]https://oyiofoyi2.files./2016/06/image1-748544.jpg?w=696&h=618[/img]

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by helinues: 11:40am On Dec 09, 2019
shocked

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Tsunami10: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
It's Even worse at least abacha smart

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by PapaBaby: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
Buhari learnt a lot from Abacha.
He didn't just learn how to steal from Abacha, he learnt how to be a despot too.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Guyman02: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
Looking at Nigeria, I have come to realise that any venture the Igbos see as unprofitable can never be profitable.
Despite all the humiliation, killing of their people by Python Dance, being described as 5% of 97% they still stood their ground on their belief, that Buhari cannot take Nigeria out of the woods; thats integrity in my opinion.

Some others tend to see the immediate while the Igbos see far ahead, just like Ojukwu told Ken Saro-Wiwa that the python you support and groom today will consume you tomorrow.
Abacha later hung Saro-Wiwa in Portharcourt Prison and buried him like a dog sadly, while Ojukwu the then 'villain' got full military burial of a General by the Federal Govt of Nigeria.
Brig Adekunle (Black Scorpion) died a pauper, he didnt even get his military pension while ex Biafran Soldiers have received their pension (kudos to Buhari for that)

It means that after the dust has settled, the rulers of Nigeria (especially here in the North) still appreciate the sincerity of the Igbos in taking a stand in whatever they believed no matter the consequence and they are not double faced.
I hope that the recent happenings will unite the South in one accord, the Vice President Osinbajo is totally lost in this administration

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
they have one thing in common, they are on the SAME MISSION

6 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by ZombieTERROR: 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
God punish all those supporting this evil administration....

Nothing good will come their way

37 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by sLentlover7778(m): 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
Vision 2020, must not meet me in Nigeria is my prayer.. all these happenings are just rehearsal compare to what's going to happen in 2020. grin grin grin

But the Lord is faithful, he will never leave nor forsake his own..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by chigoizie7(m): 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
We have enter.
We never see anything ooh.

See the way law enforcement agencies are treating the masses.
Very soon it will become a norm, and stopping it will become difficult.

Are you trying to tell me that the presidency doesn’t hear of all these atrocities committed by its officials?

Well, I am not surprised, Aisha said that buhari was not aware that he was rumored to getting a second wife till date, something as personal as that, he doesn’t know. Tell me how will then know what the law enforcements are doing to Nigerians.

Nonsense and ingredients

12 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by martowskin1(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
That BBQ girl will come here and lick buhari balls

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by grandpoh(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
This one too wants to trend..
Welcome to Nigeria where everybody waits till something bad happens before speaking out...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
Oga Gani but Sowore made us to understand in 2015 that Buhari is a saint created solely for Nigeria to bring CHANGE.

Pls allow us enjoy this change in peace. Sowore abi Soweto, we die here.

5 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by olril17(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by OBAGADAFFI: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
grin
Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by istina: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
No sir, i beg to differ

IT IS WORSE

4 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Temptee101(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
shocked

Abacha was a saint, monk and a priest when compared to that useless tyrant, not only is he a dictator, he is a dullard, a child molester, gworo chewing bastard and a plague sent from hell on the people

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by statusquoante: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
It is... smiley
Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Factgist: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
cool
Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Sijo01(f): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Ones a dictator, will remain a dictator.

A leopard never changes his skin.

8 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by wink2015(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, has described the re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore, convener of the #RevolutionNow movement, shortly after his release as a national tragedy.

Adams said the situation that played out at the court only indicated that Nigeria had drifted as a democratic nation.

Speaking at the weekend, he insisted that the situation in the country had justified that the rule of law was gradually dying, while the Federal Government remained helpless.

"What happened at the court reminded me of the dark era of the military but, ironically, the present government under President Muhammadu Buhari is like the military junta of the late Sani Abacha in which the military brigandage held sway for years.

“I have been watching events as they unfold, but I am saddened that the event that transpired in the court was a testimony that Nigeria has a long way to go.

The Department of State Services (DSS) failed to respect the rule of law and it was a sad reminder of the military era,” he said.

Adams expressed sadness that the prolonged detention of Sowore had affected the image of Nigeria, because the world was watching the government with keen interest.

He said: “This is not the democracy we fought for between 1993 and 1998. I remember vividly as activists and pro-democracy groups, we put our lives on the line to ensure that our dreams for this democracy became a reality. Now, democracy is here, but we have lost touch with the ideals of a democratic setting as it is practised in other climes.”

https://www.independent.ng/sowore-buharis-govt-not-different-from-abachas-junta-gani-adams/

Gani Adams,

Your people in the south west ( yorubas ) did not learn from history.

They voted for General Buhari twice.

He has punished the south west by closing their economic gateway that is the Seme Border.

12 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
no one can really tell cos he is hiding under the cover of democracy to act "unbelievable" let me use that word cos we that are the Buhari supporters are really dismayed by recent events in the country! May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Promismike(m): 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
Tell that to your Yoruba brothers who voted him into power.

8 Likes

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Mipiss: 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hmm
Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by WildChild00(m): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
At least there should be separation of Powers.
Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by Simbrixton(m): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
aare oona kakanfo

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
its just a pity things are happening this way

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Gani Adams Says Buhari's Government Not Different From Abacha Junta by crownwealth: 12:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Sebi one criminal among us want to become president by 2023?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hushpuppi: Six Months After FBI Indictment, IGP Yet To Forward Advice On Kyari / Tinubu Directs Inclusion Of National Open University Graduates In NYSC Scheme / Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.