Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,116 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:14 AM

Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) (60636 Views)

Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro / A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach / Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
I think Tarkwa Bay bay is one of the most underrated beaches in Lagos. Tarkwa bay is located on an island off the Lagos coast, It is an artificial shelter built to protect the Lagos Harbour. Tarkwa bay was built in the sixties and it is one of the most popular destinations for all kinds of water sports.

Because Tarkwa Bay is an Island, it, therefore, cannot be accessed through land, you need a boat to get to Tarkwa bay. This even made it an interesting place to visit. If you are a lover of adventure like me, it's time to check this off your list and if you are scared of water. Oh come on , its time to overcome your fears.

To get to Tarkwa Bay you need to get to one of the three main jetties where you can get a public boat to Tarkwa bay, however if you have the money to get a private boat, then you can also visit any of the private jetties on the Island.
the cost of getting a local boat known as Banana boat varies from 1,000 to 3,000 for a return trip, however it could sometimes go up as 4,000

Here are the three main jetties
a. Mekwe Jetty Bonny Camp
b. Tarzan Jetty
c. Marina Jetty / CMS

Here are beautiful pictures and Videos from Tarkwa bay

1. The jetty at Bonny Camp
2. Water sports along
3. Tarkwa Bay Beach tents
4. Section of Tarkwa bay

Website: https://www.travelwaka.com/tarkwa-bay-beach-a-beautiful-island-off-the-coast-of-lagos/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Lots of activities at Tarkwa bay - click here to join our Up coming tour on Dec 15
1. Quad bikes at Tarkwa bay
2. beach
3. the beach
4. the water body

See live videos from Tarkwa bay here

We are having a Tarkwa bay luxury boat ride beach Party on 15th December,
Fee is 15,000

Click hwre to join the group http://www.travelwaka.com/join-our-tours/

Luxury boat ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmkd8j38WBg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
Tarkwa bay is known for beautiful artworks from artisans , Everytime I visit Tarkwa Bay I always get beautiful artworks

1. Art work at the beach
2. Beaded material
3. Beach house
4. the beach

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
You'd find a lot of tourists including foreign tourists . you will find lots of foreign nationals on the beach. Once in a while, you will also find a lot of water sports activities around the beach.

6 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
There are lots of things to do at Tarkwa Bay before going to Tarkwa bay here are few things to know

1. The gate fee is 200 naira , if you are many you can negotiate based on numbers
2. Bring your foods and drinks
3. In everthing you do please if you must come back that day, make sure you leave Tarkwa Bay before 5pm cos the last boat usually leave by 6pm and it sometimes get rowdy especially if you do not subscribe to a two way ride
4. Hold cash , you wont get a POS or ATM there

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 12:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Here are other beautiful pictures from Tarkwa Bay, Lalasticlala we should have a Nairaland beach party here

4 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
never been there , won't mind if i have the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by travelwaka: 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rexnegro:
never been there , won't mind if i have the opportunity.

It's a low budget beach with some much exclusivity

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by tck2000(m): 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
If all the boats leaves and you are the only one left,just prepare to spend your night with Mammy Water!

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
Very beautiful place

2 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by sthecy(f): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
It was truly a very nice to behold

2 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Kpilo101: 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
So, wity they baff for we contri wata?
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by BuhariDcow: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
Lol
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by rightchic(f): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
Ok I concur

Please check my signature for your high quality Nigerian tiles
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by NigeriaBam: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
grin lipsrsealed embarassed Nice Place Indeed
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by PMBuhari(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
Low budget

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Dinirojones(m): 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
Looks nice ......

1 Like

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by proxillin(m): 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
Over hyped..very dry

11 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by chukwugoziegi: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
travelwaka:
There are lots of things to do at Tarkwa Bay before going to Tarkwa bay here are few things to know

1. The gate fee is 200 naira , if you are many you can negotiate based on numbers
2. Bring your foods and drinks
3. In everthing you do please if you must come back that day, make sure you leave Tarkwa Bay before 5pm cos the last boat usually leave by 6pm and it sometimes get rowdy especially if you do not subscribe to a two way ride
4. Hold cash , you wont get a POS or ATM there

The last boat does not leave by 6pm.

2 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Naija4love(m): 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
Abeg put how to get there please .. The address is what we need why you go take time talk plenty like this no address to get there

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by waxxydude: 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Oceannaagent: 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
Ok
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by waxxydude: 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
proxillin:
Over hyped..very dry
Dumbasses like you will always talk.

Very dry but we can see plenty water there.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Alzirida(f): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
I will be there 27th.

Drone image would have been better
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Renforce: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Tarkwa bay... My work station that year.
Lovely memories
Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by ArticleBeast: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
chukwugoziegi:

The last boat does not leave by 6pm.
When you criticize tend to proffer solution

18 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Zombiekiller010: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
How many times do you want to put this on front page, if you dont have anything to post, post the picture of somebody and lets abuse him small.
I said somebody before they'll accuse me for hate speech.

8 Likes

Re: Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) by Neyoohpompy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Sponsored post...Nonsense BAY....Going with my babe to BAY is bad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! Friends, Family & Former School Mates From Nig Are Killing Me With Demands / Reverend Father Involved In Ghastly Accident In Bayelsa,But This Happened.Photos / Inside The Kaduna-abuja Train Shared By A Twitter User (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.