Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman (64553 Views)

Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman / EFCC Arrests Babatunde Fowler, Former FIRS Chairman / Buhari Names Godknows Igali As APC Senatorial Aspirant, Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by stevups(m): 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
I start to hate Buhari
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by OnyesomJ(m): 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
Buhari facing the North all time
How can he unity the nation where major Post are held by his Northerners, this is Unfair, you don’t do things like that abeg ....
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
This one Nigeria na wao
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by UncleJudax(m): 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Sultannayef:
Good. I wish Buhari can run for the fifth term so that everyone will enjoy it.
One term at a time. Sai baba
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Daboomb: 12:58am On Dec 10, 2019
Even as we all agree that this buhari is a tribal bigot, a clanish despot and a tyrant, wecan all see that he cares ONLY about his own Northern (Fulani) people. Every Federal Director General and Head of Security Outfits is currently held by Northerners/Fulanis ONLY, with their poor level of education.

The question we must ask is that: WHAT DID THE SOUTHERN PRESIDENTS DO FOR SOUTHERNERS?

What did OBASANJO that i smaking noise now, do for Ogun state or for the other Southern States of Nigeria.....apart from amassing wealth for himself?

What did Goodluck JONATHAN do for Bayelsa, Otuoke or other states in Southern Nigeria........ apart from allowing Northerners to steal and loot, in his name?

So, most of problems of Southerners can be traced to the foolish leaders they produce in Southern Nigeria.
Just look at Tinubu for example, he is ready and selling out his own people, just for his own personal , selfish ambition!

I hope the Southerners have learnt their lesson, when they also get into power, they must ensure that they "empower" their own people, appoint them as Heads of all Security Agencies to protect their regime, Director Generals of all Govt Agencies and develop their own region as well, if the Northerners like, they should make all the noise they can. Worst that will happen is for the country to break-up.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by EnkayDezign4: 1:11am On Dec 10, 2019
isthatso:

nobody amended constitution when he was prime minister except to create mid west state out of Western region. As at the time of the coup we were operating regional governments with 50% derivation. it was the military that created states that reduced the power of the regions and gave us the present constitution that gave power to the North.

it is too late for that, they arent going to give up power willingly, but dont worry He who is resistant to change is destined to perish. Nigeria as it stands is unsustainable, we are already poverty capital of the world....it is coming, when i dont know but i can guarantee you that the Nigeria of your grand children will be a different Nigeria from today....assuming there is a Nigeria.

General Aguiyi Ironsi to be precise was the Nigerian leader that abolished regional govt and created a unitary one.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by anselaw(m): 6:25am On Dec 10, 2019
we know before.. is government of de north deris nothing like gud news
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by toye440: 6:28am On Dec 10, 2019
When i said federal job is now islamic job, they said i'm this and that.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by unmask: 6:35am On Dec 10, 2019
My major problem is with people on this forum who seem to have more concern about his tribe than his competence. Last the Buhari that is being called tribal is a reflection of these people.....they just don't see it
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Emobig(m): 9:11am On Dec 10, 2019
It is rather unfortunate that majority of Nigerians especially Those from the South tend to tag northern Nigeria as one. Northern Nigeria consists of three distinct geopolitical zones, just as the South. The same way you view the Yoruba, Igbo and Ijaw/ Ikwere man as different, so you should view the Hausa/Fulani , Kanuri and Nupe man. The new FIRS boss is not Hausa Fulani. Why must we display our ignorance in public spaces
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 10, 2019
EnkayDezign4:

General Aguiyi Ironsi to be precise was the Nigerian leader that abolished regional govt and created a unitary one.

A military govt by definition is unitary, hence they had power to change our political structure and our laws by decree. That is my point, if there was no coup which brought in military, we wouldn't have states, we would still have powerful regions and everybody will be enjoying the benefits of their own resources. There would be no monkey dey work baboon dey chop. In those days 2 regions were needed to make such changes in parliament so the north could never override the south.

ironsi did not abolish regional governments. Ojukwu was still governor of SE region under Gowon after Ironsi had died, he took over from Okpara/Akanu Ibiam after the coup. It was Gowon that abolished regional government and created states. it was the creation of states to remove Oil from the control of ojukwu that led to secession. Ojukwu declared biafra 3 days after creation of states because he knew he would lose control of Oil and the Oil money.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by luvola(m): 10:55am On Dec 10, 2019
ednut1:
Awusubilahi shocked shocked shocked shocked. Won ti kapa Tinubu. ANAN chartered not even ican or acca nawa
Nigeria is a joke walahi. I give up
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by aspiring44: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2019
isthatso:

A military govt by definition is unitary, hence they had power to change our political structure and our laws by decree. That is my point, if there was no coup which brought in military, we wouldn't have states, we would still have powerful regions and everybody will be enjoying the benefits of their own resources. There would be no monkey dey work baboon dey chop. In those days 2 regions were needed to make such changes in parliament so the north could never override the south.

ironsi did not abolish regional governments. Ojukwu was still governor of SE region under Gowon after Ironsi had died, he took over from Okpara/Akanu Ibiam after the coup. It was Gowon that abolished regional government and created states. it was the creation of states to remove Oil from the control of ojukwu that led to secession. Ojukwu declared biafra 3 days after creation of states because he knew he would lose control of Oil and the Oil money.

Personal interest override the people's interest which is what is prevalent up to this moment .

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by glowingflame7: 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2019
Daboomb:

Now you know why Buhari sponsored that his Senator brother to try pass the Hate Speeh Bill.

If that Bill was law, by now all of you posting on this thread, though saying the truth, as long as Buhari does not like it, y'all dead.

He will use the law and his DSS to first lock you up indefinitely in prison, before snuffing the life out of you.

Buhari is a a tyrant, a Dictator and a danger to Nigeria's Unity.

You're hereby declared a person of interest by we DSS fans
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by glowingflame7: 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2019
Emobig:
It is rather unfortunate that majority of Nigerians especially Those from the South tend to tag northern Nigeria as one. Northern Nigeria consists of three distinct geopolitical zones, just as the South. The same way you view the Yoruba, Igbo and Ijaw/ Ikwere man as different, so you should view the Hausa/Fulani , Kanuri and Nupe man. The new FIRS boss is not Hausa Fulani. Why must we display our ignorance in public spaces

Why must it be a northerner taking over from the south? Is there no discretion? No easterners, no southerners? Why can't Fowler do another term, did he do poorly? If it's a northerner guru, maybe. But it's just any average MSc from the North. He's married with children, that's his qualification. What a shameful joke.
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by eagleu: 3:04am On Dec 11, 2019
idealogical:

Unfortunately for you, the man is not even Hausa Fulani.

Tribalism and bigotry miss road.

You know nothing about Nigeria, but you know a lot about tribalism and bigotry.

Oh, let me guess. He's from Buhari native country of Niger republic!

Any northern Muslim is better than even better qualified southerners. Go ahead and defend it!
Re: President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman by Daboomb: 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
glowingflame7:

You're hereby declared a person of interest by we DSS fans

We are all DSS fans now grin abi you want to start another round of witch-hunting?

You are also hereby declared a fugitive by DSS
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Removing His Shoes By Himself (Photos) / Members Of The Dissolved NNPC Board Of Directors (Pictures) / US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.