Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,682 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Cfa,acca,ican,cima - Fill Me In On The Following Financial Certifications - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cfa,acca,ican,cima - Fill Me In On The Following Financial Certifications (1953 Views)

Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / CFA Candidates In The House / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cfa,acca,ican,cima - Fill Me In On The Following Financial Certifications by usetime: 3:07am On Nov 26, 2010
need indepth information from an exam takers point of view on the following exams.

ACCA, CFA,CIMA ,ICAN,CISA

i'm aware that both exams are challenging but which is the bloodiest?

how long does it take to sit for all the papers in each exam (assuming no failures)

which is deemed more superior?
Master's or MBA or (Bsc + charters ).

i'm in the process of remedying a 3rd c with a postgraduate programme- bad first outing - does a pass at ACCA, or CFA or CIMA or anyone out there over ride the drawback of a poor first deg?
are these papers or certifications really door openers giving the holder international scope?

laslty , can someone study for these exams alone i.e by self study?
i'm a fan of self study. so can one read a book take the exam and pass well? or is it
really necessary to attend some (pricey) classes.

how much does it cost to take the exams - i.e registeration and books (in abuja/lagos)
Re: Cfa,acca,ican,cima - Fill Me In On The Following Financial Certifications by toptop: 4:49am On Nov 26, 2010
You asked too many questions at once without even telling us the course you earlier studied. Why not visit the website of these bodies.
Re: Cfa,acca,ican,cima - Fill Me In On The Following Financial Certifications by usetime: 1:53am On Nov 27, 2010
kai - no help here.
wanna know how they compare
their levels of difficulty
and recognition in the work place.

can't get these answers from their site.
cry shocked cool wink smiley cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: Cfa,acca,ican,cima - Fill Me In On The Following Financial Certifications by AjanleKoko: 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2010
You missed the mark entirely.
Those exams don't even mean the same things. ICAN is not in any way related to CISA, for example. Neither is CFA an alternative to CIMA.
If you want to remedy your third class, go and do a postgraduate, period. Then maybe you might be lucky. Personally, i don't think a 3rd class can be remedied. Getting a job is not some kind of points-based system, where if you drop points here, you pick it up there. At least I don't think so sha.
Re: Cfa,acca,ican,cima - Fill Me In On The Following Financial Certifications by usetime: 3:11am On Nov 28, 2010
of course the certification differ else they'd have had the same names.
but they all belong to the same field - business,accounting field. in this respect
they are not different.
like a database administrator and a network / system admin certification in the I.T sector may differ yet they both are for the same industry.
get my point.
so how do holders of these certificates fair- that's the question against each other.
prospects, scope,salary etc.
[this thread is dead anyway ]
Re: Cfa,acca,ican,cima - Fill Me In On The Following Financial Certifications by PRD(m): 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2010
Stop confirming the 3rd c!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Dream Lecturing Job / Please Advise Me Ican/acca And Oracle / 4 Month Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (siwes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.