|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,777,464 members, 6,617,716 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 December 2021 at 04:33 PM
|Vacancy: Early Years Teacher/coordinator – 2 Positions by tolex29(f): 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2019|
Our client offers a unique learning environment fostering young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja.
2 Positions: A class teacher for nursery 2 (reception) as well as coordinator of key stage 1 (early years, year 1 and 2).
The ideal candidates are expected to work with children aged 0-5 in classes between nursery, preschool and reception classes. The aim is to motivate children and imaginatively use resources to help them learn, whilst providing a safe environment for them to develop their social and communication skills. The focus will be the development of these children in preparation for a successful transition into primary school.
• Assist with the development of the children's personal, language, social and physical coordination
• Work with, and develop visual aids and teaching resources
• Stimulate arithmetic and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
• Stir up and help children develop curiosity and knowledge
• Build and maintain cordial relationships with parents, giving prompt feedback on their children/wards from time to time
• Evaluate children's performance through various age-grade assessments
• Ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school
• Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
• Respect and fondness for children
• Ability to plan the children's day and respond to their different needs
• Good communication and listening skills
• Ability to inspire and enthuse young children
• Positive energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, and patience
• Ability to work independently with children
• Good sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective while communicating effectively with children
• NCE/B.Ed and knowledge/experience with the Montessori or Early Years Education
• At least 4-6 years of teaching experience in standard and structured schools
• Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST
Salary & How to Apply
• Between N150,000 to N250,000 monthly (based on experience)
• Qualified applicants with the required experience should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘EY-19’ as subject of mails before 15th December, 2019. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38