Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,528 members, 7,770,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:44 AM

What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? (23295 Views)

5 Tips To Help You Tailor Your CV To The Job Description / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Klarge0137: 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
Please I would be grateful if someone can explain to me the job function of a Direct Sales Agent in a Banking Sector

Thanks

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by pocohantas(f): 2:18am On Dec 10, 2019
SUFFERHEAD marketer. Get very comfortable shoes and socks, you will need it.

You are a variant of contract staff. Salary range between N(20,000-50,000). Maybe some banks pay more. Hardly ever seen one/any.

-Your job function is retail marketing, drive savings deposits and e-banking channels. I doubt DSAs do risk assets, though they can ask you to bring any you see, for the sake of the branch paying you salary.

-You will have number of accounts target. Daily/weekly/monthly. You will also have deposit targets. Something like, 3accts a day, 15/week, 60/month. 5-10m deposit a month. You mustn't do all, 50% and above can keep you afloat.

- You might be lucky to get someone that will give you huge deposits which would make you earn big in commissions. If not, you have to start from the scratch to mobilize deposits. You go waka ehn, all the market people go know you.

- You get your pay (and commissions), leave allowance, pension, christmas rice/groundnut oil. Not so sure of their package, but nothing special.

- You'll be restricted on types of accts to open. Leave some for the bigger people (core staff).

- You will grow to be a very angry somebody when you see the bank employing core staff that are your mates and some your junior. You can't escape this feeling of anger o.

- You will start showing your anger, nagging over the poor treatment and sometimes acts of rebellion/insubordination.

- Maybe you will be an extraordinary DSA and your bank will try to convert you. It is not because they like you too much, paying you as a core staff is cheaper than your commission at that point.

I understand the country is hard, but if I have to be a banker- core staff or nothing. Know what you are getting into. E hard o.

Have a nice day. cheesy

322 Likes 27 Shares

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 10, 2019
pocohantas:

You are a variant of contract staff. Salary range between N(20,000-50,000). Maybe some banks pay more. Hardly ever seen one/any.

-Your job function is retail marketing, drive savings deposits and e-banking channels. I doubt DSAs do risk assets, though they can ask you to bring any you see, for the sake of the branch paying you salary.

-You will have number of accounts target. Daily/weekly/monthly. You will also have deposit targets. Something like, 3accts a day, 15/week, 60/month. 5-10m deposit a month. You mustn't do all, 50% and above can keep you afloat.

- You might be lucky to get someone that will give you huge deposits, which would make you earn big in comissions. If not, you have to start from the scratch to mobilize deposits. You go waka ehn, all the market people go know you.

- You get your pay (and commissions), leave allowance, pension, christmas rice/groundnut oil. Not so sure of their package.

- You'll be restricted on types of accts to open. Leave some for the bigger people (core staff).

- You will grow to be a very angry somebody when you see the bank employing core staff that are your mates and some your junior. You can't escape this feeling of anger o.

- You will start showing your anger, nagging over the poor treatment and sometimes acts of rebellion/insubordination.

- Maybe you will be an extraordinary DSA and your bank will try to convert you. It is not because they like you too much, paying you as a core staff is cheaper than your commission at that point.

I understand the country is hard, but if I have to be a banker- core staff or nothing. Know what you are getting into. E hard o.

Have a nice day. cheesy

Would you be given a car for locomotion

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by pocohantas(f): 8:09am On Dec 10, 2019
Wish2Die:

Would you be given a car for locomotion

NO

36 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 10, 2019
pocohantas:

NO
I meant any support for transportation fees

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by ikennamadu1(m): 8:41am On Dec 10, 2019
Wish2Die:
I meant any support for transportation fees
None bro.... You only get support when y'all are going for market storm

37 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Dharmmie21: 8:43am On Dec 10, 2019
Klarge0137:
Please I would be grateful if someone can explain to me the job function of a Direct Sales Agent in a Banking Sector

Thanks

The job function is u looking for people to open account for on a daily basics...and at the end of the month meet the target deposit mobilisation u are given...You are not meant to stay in the bank buh to go out and look for account...Basically marketing and stressful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Lorenzop: 8:59am On Dec 10, 2019
pocohantas:

- You might be lucky to get someone that will give you huge deposits, which would make you earn big in comissions. If not, you have to start from the scratch to mobilize deposits. You go waka ehn, all the market people go know you.

- You get your pay (and commissions), leave allowance, pension, christmas rice/groundnut oil. Not so sure of their package.

Have a nice day. cheesy

you nailed it....for me that is slavery...goes to show the weak labor laws in Nigeria and total disregard for employees....the bank will use you, rinse you, shred you and finally have a flimsy reason to dump you, all your initial suffering gone......My take is simple, instead of suffering so much like that for another man's business who doesn't appreciate you, why not put that effort on yourself and see the progress you will make within few years

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:06am On Dec 10, 2019
pocohantas:

Have a nice day. cheesy

You just said it all.

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by uboma(m): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2019
@ Mynd44 and Dominique,

Please grace this thread on the front page.

Thank you
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by pocohantas(f): 10:35am On Dec 10, 2019
Lorenzop:

you nailed it....for me that is slavery...goes to show the weak labor laws in Nigeria and total disregard for employees....the bank will use you, rinse you, shred you and finally have a flimsy reason to dump you, all your initial suffering gone......My take is simple, instead of suffering so much like that for another man's business who doesn't appreciate you, why not put that effort on yourself and see the progress you will make within few years

It is really bad. Some put so much energy into nonsense like this, because they want to be called banker. The few hours or days they are free, they will wear one starched shirt or fine suit- then pose on the chair of a superior to take picture. Picture that they will still block their boss on WhatsApp before they can update it. Caption; New Week, Blessed Up.

Since you know how to walk about the whole town, you might as well use that energy to market yourself or goods.

It is so not worth it, NLC and relevant bodies should look into it.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Klarge0137: 10:43am On Dec 10, 2019
pocohantas:

- You might be lucky to get someone that will give you huge deposits which would make you earn big in comissions. If not, you have to start from the scratch to mobilize deposits. You go waka ehn, all the market people go know you.

- You get your pay (and commissions), leave allowance, pension, christmas rice/groundnut oil. Not so sure of their package, but nothing special.

Have a nice day. cheesy

Omo am not going again oooo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Gosj01(m): 10:53am On Dec 10, 2019
Old helpful Nairaland!

I sell cheap and super neat laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on signature.
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Twoclans(f): 11:03am On Dec 10, 2019
@ OP honestly pocohantas did a good summary of what DSAs do in the banks. Why do I have this funny feeling the offer you have is from FCMB.In addition to all pocohantas said you will be made to attend meetings sometimes very early in the morning sometimes late into the evening. Then for a place like FCMB a deposit that you bring in the month of November will no longer count for you by December .An account officer will be assigned to managed the account while you start again.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Lorenzop: 11:10am On Dec 10, 2019
pocohantas:

It is really bad. Some put so much energy into nonsense like this, because they want to be called banker. The few hours or days they are free, they will wear one starched shirt or fine suit- then pose on the chair of a superior to take picture. Picture that they will still block their boss on WhatsApp before they can update it. Caption; New Week, Blessed Up.

Since you know how to walk about the whole town, you might as well use that energy to market yourself or goods.

You nailed it again, that is exactly the norm....the craze for stupid white collar job....banking is fucking overrated jare......

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Klarge0137: 11:57am On Dec 10, 2019
Twoclans:
@ OP honestly pocohantas did a good summary of what DSAs do in the banks. Why do I have this funny feeling the offer you have is from FCMB.In addition to all pocohantas said you will be made to attend meetings sometimes very early in the morning sometimes late into the evening. The for a place like FCMB a deposit that you bring in the month of November will no longer count for you by December .An account officer will be assigned to managed the account while you start again.

Na Fidelity Bank � oooo

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by yaqq: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
pocohantas:

hehehehe...... U get bad mouth walahi... So those guys block their boss to post abi.... At least we keep on moving, everyone gets form what u re not

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2019
pocohantas:

- You might be lucky to get someone that will give you huge deposits which would make you earn big in commissions. If not, you have to start from the scratch to mobilize deposits. You go waka ehn, all the market people go know you.

Have a nice day. cheesy

grincheesy Jeez!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by SleekyP(m): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
once you hear Sales Executives...... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Nobody: 4:09am On Dec 11, 2019
pocohantas:

Have a nice day. cheesy

Abeg, yarn me tory about Mobile Teller in a Microfinance Bank, they're same thing but different title? cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by pocohantas(f): 10:28am On Dec 11, 2019
mubbyzhe:

Abeg, yarn me tory about Mobile Teller in a Microfinance Bank, they're same thing but different title? cheesy cheesy

A teller that is mobile. You would be tasked with mobilizing deposits from bank's customers. Like an akawo kinda thing.

Imagine yourself with a laptop bag filled with deposits slips, a record keeping book, stapler, pen and rubber bands.

You will be going from shop to shop inside Ladipo. You know traders are very busy and if your bank is far, they will pay into the closer one. So, you have to go meet them right on time. Take the stress and risk off them. While at it, you will sell other products to them.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2019
pocohantas:

A teller that is mobile. You would be tasked with mobilizing deposits from bank's customers. Like an akawo kinda thing.

Imagine yourself with a laptop bag filled with deposits slips, a record keeping book, stapler, pen and rubber bands.

You will be going from shop to shop inside Ladipo. You know traders are very busy and if your bank is far, they will pay into the closer one. So, you have to go meet them right on time. Take the stress and risk off them. While at it, you will sell other products to them.

Oogun Esu is a bastard! grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 14, 2019
Hello all.

The best legacy Buhari can leave behind in the fight against corruption is to put a machinery in place that will see to it that the death penalty for corrupt public officials is passed into law.

One way to ensure it gets support is to let everyone know that the law, when passed into law, won't be retroactive. That is, it will only apply to corrupt crimes committed from the day the bill is signed into law.

This is the best time to get this done because Buhari enjoys the support of the legislature this time, so I see no stumbling block.

If Buhari refuses to take the initiative, we as citizens can take it. Let's organise ourselves, raise funds, find and sponsor the bill through a willing legislator and put pressure on all elected legislators from our different localities to ensure this comes into law..

Let us organise ourselves. We youths are too disorganized and divided that's why we can't achieve anything other than making noise on sm and expecting the government to act.

If we organise ourselves we can pull this off. I'm ready to join the movement to see that this becomes a reality.

Like and share this post if you support the idea.

I'll contact all those who quote and share the post so we can plan how to get this done.

Thanks all.

20 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Funjosh(m): 6:58am On Dec 14, 2019
Marketers........ Na just English to take confused people. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Lugianostar(m): 6:59am On Dec 14, 2019
Ask obasanjo please!!!!
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by qanda: 7:00am On Dec 14, 2019
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:00am On Dec 14, 2019
Marketing job
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by nuhu2018(m): 7:01am On Dec 14, 2019
OK
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by digicoon: 7:01am On Dec 14, 2019
Hold off shiatsu
Re: What Is The Job Description Of A Direct Sales Agent In A Bank? by sexiestharam(f): 7:02am On Dec 14, 2019
Job description is marketer that would suffer. Let me give you a hint of how direct sales agents worked in the defunct diamond bank.
1.you are paid by the number of accounts and how much you bring. But your basic salary is like 18k or so. Even if you bring zero accounts, you would still receive it but your branch manager and supervisor will almost kill you with threats.
2. If you have good accounts, you can be paid higher than so many full staff. I know of a Direct Sales Agent who was paid in millions because of an account she brought. When E. T is struggling with 242k flat!
3. Your accounts only read for you for 6 months. After six months, you stop enjoying the benefits of the account as it goes to an account officer.
4.Customer Address Verification is a prerequisite for all accounts in Nigeria as directed by CBN. Na there wahala dey because only full staff can sign off a verified address. So you have to beg a full staff to sign off for you or they have to go verify with you. That one na suffer because they would do shakara for you.
5. You have no access to the pool car so waka waka is your second name.
6. Full staff collect full bag of rice and a carton of vegetable oil in December but yours is only half bag of rice and half carton of vegetable oil.
7.No 13th month salary which full staff collect. No profit sharing for you too. Also, your vacation days is 15 working days while for junior full staff it is 20 days.
8. If you die on the job, no one minute silence for you. Every branch acknowledges one minute silence for full staff by 5pm nationwide. smiley
My hands dey pain me. I don try. wink

64 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What would be Your Choice And Reasons / Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Got A Job / Possible Answers To Some Interview Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.