Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:57 PM

Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi (14587 Views)

Reactions As Tinubu Said We Inherited Speaking In Tongues From The Bible (Pix) / Seyi Makinde:we Want Our Land Back, No More / Congress Fallout: APC Shocks Tinubu, Ajimobi, Kwankwaso, Dogara, Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by babyfaceafrica: 5:53am On Dec 10, 2019
na so every new governor dey talk,all of them na d same

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by Egobe: 5:55am On Dec 10, 2019
We know,we know.

The stories continues.

Show me a good politician, I'll show you a virgin mother.

Can we ever have a good politician in this country?, like s/he is 100% for the masses.

Sometimes I wonder if its God that really created us in this part of the world.
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by Emceesaka: 5:58am On Dec 10, 2019
Story for the gods

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by octavian(m): 5:59am On Dec 10, 2019
I will be happy when state assemblies start adopting capitial punishment for politicians be it Governor, Speaker, Chairmen, Councillors whatever, plus the law should not be exclusive of civil servants
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by Angeldada55(m): 6:05am On Dec 10, 2019
I nor understand...

What are you now doing about it ?

And did you just say you " inherited it " ?

Which property are you guys *Cheering* ?

Iffa talk now, pesin go talk say I don come again.

Hit like if you don't hate.
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by Lexusgs430: 6:11am On Dec 10, 2019
Submit your documents to the relevant authorities for investigation and prosecution..........
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by dochenaj: 6:13am On Dec 10, 2019
ICPC should be in the front line of fighting corruption as opposed to EFCC.

What happened to them? And to think that ICPC was established before EFCC makes it the more surprising.
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by chiefolododo(m): 6:20am On Dec 10, 2019
mascot87:
I hate it when Governors get to office and make such comment. It has become a norm and it's getting boring. Get down to work bro & stop complaining
it is not always like that . When you predecessor has done a huge harm and got to say it.
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by tammie24: 6:30am On Dec 10, 2019
Ajimobi was a disaster
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by Prompto: 6:31am On Dec 10, 2019
God forbid Makinde turn put to be like Ugwuayi. Abeg let the man continue his work he is yet to be in contention with anyone. Makinde as many laudable project but none as been commission. Ugwuayi is a. Loan fooling around n about leadership. He never ready.

wink2015:

Makinde is one of the best governor from the south west.

He is highly transparent and administratively focus leader.

After his years as governor, I would want him to aspire more to the senatorial seat and the Presidential.

Makinde is the "Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi" of the south west.

Like governor Ugwuanyi, he is a very humble man.

His wife is from the Niger delta.

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by ecclize: 6:47am On Dec 10, 2019
mascot87:
I hate it when Governors get to office and make such comment. It has become a norm and it's getting boring. Get down to work bro & stop complaining
what is wrong with what he said...
is not about the comment, is about how serious they are.
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by yusluvad(m): 6:48am On Dec 10, 2019
We don hear.
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by israelmao(m): 6:52am On Dec 10, 2019
Get down to work,no excuse for failure.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by Godspowerd324(m): 6:54am On Dec 10, 2019
Affordable home a good investment
Payment plan is easy as you want it.

BOING LUXURY ESTATE INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT
GODSPOWER LAAGO
godspowerd324@gmail.com

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by success1smyn(m): 6:57am On Dec 10, 2019
mascot87:

Read very well
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by BurbeeStyles(m): 7:01am On Dec 10, 2019
Say something new angry
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by Damod88: 7:06am On Dec 10, 2019
The problem with Nigeria is that we have too many fools as human beings for political deception to work easily. The day we know we are indeed the wretched of the world is the day we will begin to work toward our liberation.All these things our political leaders are demonstrating as dividends of democracy are things that some societies achieved more than 200 years ago.To construct a few kilometers of roads and begin to advertise them as dividends of democracy in this century only shows how inferior we are as a people.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by VanGap: 7:08am On Dec 10, 2019
osifoblessingme:
Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde has said his administration inherited an almost bankrupt State from his predecessor, Abiola Ajimobi.

He urged Nigerians to join hands with anti-corruption agencies to fight corruption and stamp it out of the country, stressing that without eradicating corruption, no Nigerian citizen could experience dividend of democracy.

Makinde stated this on Monday in Ibadan during a rally organised by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan Zonal Office to commemoration the International Anti-Corruption Day themed, “Zero Tolerance to Corruption”.

The Governor, who pledged his support to EFCC in fighting corruption in Nigeria to a standstill, said that he inherited an almost bankrupt state due to the poor management of the state’s resources by his predecessor, pointing out, “Oyo State was almost bankrupt when we took over”.

According to him, with corruption ravaging the country, it may be difficult for the good old days to come.

“Do you know what corruption can do to you? Do you know what corruption can do to a nation? If you want free health system, free education, good road and infrastructural development, then fight corruption and kill it. Let me tell you, we have been able to achieve something because we are not corrupt.

“If we are corrupt, we cannot do what we are doing right now. If you see anybody engaging in corruption, expose such. My government will fight corruption down to the local level. We will tackle corruption even at the grassroots level”, he added.

He stated further, “Oyo State is happy to join EFCC to fight corruption. We are the first state in Nigeria to domesticate anti-graft law. We will ensure that whatever we do during this administration, we do it right”.

Earlier, the Zonal Head, EFCC, Ibadan, Mr Friday Ebelo, who sought collaboration with the state government to fight corruption, stated that in 2019, the commission in Ibadan secured convictions for 171 out of the 268 prosecuted for financial crimes.

He said, “Our investigations also led to temporary fixing of 1044 bank accounts, while 56 automobiles and 14 houses were impounded. We equally have several laptops, android phones and many other electronic devices confiscated in compliance with court orders. In the period under review, the zone also recovered on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria huge sums of money in both local and foreign currencies. These include a total of N211, 134,927.26. For the foreign currencies, we had $136,289 and €2000 and £765”.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/12/09/we-inherited-almost-bankrupt-state-from-ajimobi-makinde/amp/

Meanwhile the man is enjoying solidarity work with members ..

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by VanGap: 7:10am On Dec 10, 2019
wink2015:

Makinde is one of the best governor from the south west.

He is highly transparent and administratively focus leader.

After his years as governor, I would want him to aspire more to the senatorial seat and the Presidential.

Makinde is the "Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi" of the south west.

Like governor Ugwuanyi, he is a very humble man.

His wife is from the Niger delta.

And Yesterday ......

I was honoured to deliver the Keynote Address at the 65th Anniversary Celebration of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Ibadan Branch, this morning. I spoke on ‘Law, Probity and Good Governance: Practical Approach to Making Nigeria Greater.’

In my address, I stated that for Nigeria to be greater, state actors cannot act with impunity. And that we must understand that to build strong institutions and achieve good governance, everyone must act within the law and be accountable.

I noted that the checks and balances provided by the three arms of government; the Executive, Legislature and the Judiciary makes democracy the best form of government. I urged members of the NBA to protect the judiciary from interference.

I ended my address by reiterating the important role of the judiciary in the process of making Nigeria greater. And that, we have confidence in the judiciary as the last hope of the oppressed.

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by Klington: 7:12am On Dec 10, 2019
he wants to start his own looting so everything will be blamed on the previous govt just the way the FG is doing it.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by adetes: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2019
When some ex Governor r collecting over 100 million as pension
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by vezycash(m): 7:48am On Dec 10, 2019
See me o. I don join peeps wey no dey read before commenting.
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by mutumina007: 7:49am On Dec 10, 2019
Your News Updates From The Citadel Tower. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/5573833/news-updates-citadel-tower
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by mechanics(m): 7:56am On Dec 10, 2019
I believe the zone performed creditably well in the area handling the yahoo yahoo saga, no day won't pass by without hearing news of yahoo boys from the zone, kudos to the officials, they should keep it up.
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by sammhi(m): 8:16am On Dec 10, 2019
EcoBrick:
Indeed. Was it his own personal money he has been using to pay salaries and run government since then? All these governors sef.
There is federal allocation and IGR every month . That is what is used to pay salaries .
No Gov pays salaries from savings ..seems you guys didn't go to school.
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by sammhi(m): 8:19am On Dec 10, 2019
Klington:
he wants to start his own looting so everything will be blamed on the previous govt just the way the FG is doing it.
How? He is the only Gov to domesticate EFCC . Politicians are liars but I want to give him benefit of the doubt .
My fears for him is if he goes all out against corruption , his party would turn against him . Nigerians love corruption..fighting it is like trying to fight 100 hungrily lions .
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by Viktom(m): 8:27am On Dec 10, 2019
Do you want to go into business but don't know much about the business? We will give you a good feasibility study at a negligible price and relay every necessary details to you. Or
Do you have capital but don't have a business and you are willing to make a risk free investment that will recoup your investment and pay you interest too. Or
You have idea but don't have capital and you want to do something with your idea. Or
You have both idea and capital but need a business plan that can take you to the top.
The answer is here, @ Victom Investment group we have answers to all these problems.
Reach us via phone: 08133933149 or mail us at victom.dmay@gmail.com
A trial will convince you.
Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by Histrings08(m): 8:34am On Dec 10, 2019
That one can't happen believe me my guy... Their case will be thrown into traxh basket..
seguno2:

....... until he is sacked by the remote controlled court of affidavit equals certificate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi by itsme01: 8:43am On Dec 10, 2019
Ajimobi go just dey laugh this small boy... he thinks he can win election with media jamboree without doing much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governors Hijacking LG Funds Will Face Trial – Presidency / Planting Of Bombs In Southeast: Your Withdrawal After-thought, Group Blasts Umeh / Gov. Suntai Of Taraba Flown To Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.