Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In (76914 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by oxiide22(m): 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
maynation:

Lol.
We all were actually until we found Christ.
do you mean you're a Muslim before?
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by oxiide22(m): 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
maynation:
The headline is somewhat misleading.
is not, didn't u read where he said wen Muslims pray for him he sees blessing
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Siralgebra04(m): 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
thorpido:
No,he DOESN'T!
Everyone who has Christ IN his life believes and follows him.Christ had a type of life called Zoe which is interpreted 'abundant life's or 'eternal life'.No Muslim has it.
To say I know North Korea or believe North Korea is not the SAME as i inbibe the virtues,culture and belief system of North Korea.
Don't believe an illusion.Get perfect knowledge.
Lol... U want to start d argument u don't have d mental capability to finish. Holy Quran dat we believe in states it dat we should believe in d existence of all prophets and messengers of God (Jesus inclusive). All abundant life u are saying are illogical. We follow what our book teaches us not what ur book teaches, so keep ur abundance.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by thorpido(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
Siralgebra04:

Lol... U want to start d argument u don't have d mental capability to finish. Holy Quran dat we believe in states it dat we should believe in d existence of all prophets and messengers of God (Jesus inclusive). All abundant life u are saying are illogical. We follow what our book teaches us not what ur book teaches, so keep ur abundance.
The book of Buddha teaches something.Anyone can follow what ANY book teaches.It's not about what some book teaches.it is about TRUTH.
The Quran says 'knowledge is with the people of the book'.That means something deep.
Jesus said,ye speak that ye know of but we speak that which we know.....

Talking about illogical,some people don't believe in the existence of God you say you believe in.They say it is 'illogical'.
When you brand anything illogical,shine the light on even what you believe.TRUTH has nothing to do with 'logical'.

By the way what do you mean by 'u don't have the mental capability to finish'?You know me?Or you're feeling like some god who knows everybody?.......I laugh at human foolishness.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2019
livebyday:
I don't believe he was meant to die I think he was murdered because he came.to.shift emphasis from the church to your deeds and life style

He never preached in large auditoriums or citadel's instead he opted to preach in the hill sides and gardens

The church had him killed just as they would today

If suddenly he came and started preaching in the open fields there by making all the churches like dunamis, Christ embassy and winner chapel large auditoriums will be empty this same. churches will unit and go and meet buhari and tell him to arrest him that this man is planning Biafra

Exactly! Exactly, exactly.

It was a political move. Jesus was a radical. And we can see from what happened in Sowore's case what happens to radicals and people who challenge the status quo.

Just because He was divine, it does not mean that He was not subject to the social and political systems that govern human interactions. You talk too much, you ask too many questions, you challenge the big boys, you are finished!

At any point in time, This dude would have been killed because He was dealing with HUMANS! Sinful, selfish, ambitious, covetous humans!

Even if He were here now, they would still kill Him. Thats the whole point.

He came to die for us, not because we are such good Christians but because we are nothing to write home about, yet He still loves us.

If somebody is preaching on a mountain somewhere, away from your own synagogue, is it a crime? In fact you are even supposed to be happy that people are being healed and freed. Live and let live, right? But as usual, human beings couldnt help but see Him as a threat and a nuisance. So they conspired against Him, the same way we see so many conspiracies end in tragedy. Unfair and unjust tragedy against an innocent soul who was only trying to improve his society.

He was not MEANT to die, the same way Sowore was not MEANT to be captured. The same way Abiola was MEANT to be the president. The same way so many things were not MEANT to happen, but they happened because humans are inherently wicked!

That is literally the whole point of the Bible. The Old Testament and the Gospels keep showing us how helpless we are and why we really need a drastic intervention of some kind.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2019
The following on this hate-filled thread is large, am sure even the mod is enjoying the thread he find it so difficult to delete.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Tslim411: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2019
Sikay19:

Please, maintain your belief. I do respect other people's belief and i will never condemn their respective choices of belief. Do the same by not dragging me into your inane illusion. You surely can do better than this, have a nice day.

I adore your your maturity reply

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

Yes! Thats exactly what it means. Going by your own efforts, you cannot make heaven. You need help. We all need help. We all need arbitration

Thanks for your input. Like you rightly said, going by your efforts alone, you cannot make heaven. That's established in the hadeeth I quoted. Unless God encompasses you with His mercy and grace. This is what befits His Majesty. God does God-like things in a manner that befits His Majesty.

The whole process of Him coming down to become Human, acting like human, feeling pain like human feels pain, eating and drinking and having urges like humans do e.t c defeats the purpose or nature of God. If the end result of it was was for the sins of mankind to be wiped away, God can of course do that without having to come down as human and die! Or is there any other lesson He wants us to learn from that action aside dying for our sins?

And again, why would God create us with original sin in the first place? Isn't that unfair that an innocent person will begin to carry the burden of sin He knows nothing about from birth?

And again, all those people who lived before Jesus came, are they not humans too? If God considered all humans as sinful and cannot attain heaven except He dies for their sin, then why did He not die for our sins much earlier so as to save those who lived before Jesus came? Why did He only save those generations that came after Jesus came?

I am not limiting God. I am saying that it is against the very nature of God to abide with sin. This is why I used the oil and water illustration.

Am I insulting the oil by saying it cannot stay with water or am I just stating a simple fact?

Me saying you are limiting God is targeted at your statement "How much mercy can God dole out to save someone" and not this one you are pointing at. God's mercy is infinite and is enough to save someone and He doesn't need to come down as human to die for sins. God's mercy is enough. This is God!

This is the point. Those acts of worship are wonderful, but the entities performing them are not.

If you encounter a madman on the road, covered in mud and dust, and he offers you a loaf of bread, will you collect it?

If your darling husband/wife comes to meet you and offers you the same size and type of bread, will you equally collect it?

I like you for one thing - You seem very intelligent (wIth all humility intended). But it seems you are trying to understand or interprete things the wrong way.

Now lemme make this clear. And I'm going to use the examples of madman and darling wife you gave.

You were right when you said if a madman gives me a loaf of bread, I won't accept but I will accept if it comes from a darling wife.

One of the conditions of deeds being accepted by God is to have faith. That's what we call Eman. Having faith in Allaah cleanses you of all your sins of the past and it is the foundation on which your deeds will be laid. See this:

Muslim (121) narrated that ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas
(may Allaah be pleased with him) said: When
Allaah put Islam in my heart, I came to the
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon
him) and said: “Give me your right hand so that
I may swear allegiance to you.” He held out his
hand and I withdrew my hand. He said, “What
is the matter, O ‘Amr?” I said, “I want to
stipulate a condition.” He said, “What do you
want to stipulate?” I said, “That I will be
forgiven.” He said, “Do you not know that Islam
destroys that which came before it?”

So when someone accepts faith, He becomes new and cleansed of His past sins. And accepting faith is the foundation of acceptance of deeds. Allaah only accept deeds from someone who has faith. The deeds of the one who has no faith is useless.

So the person who accepts faith becomes new and cleansed so he becomes like the darling wife you mentioned. So just as I will accept the bread from the darling wife, Allaah will accept this person deeds.

But when someone remains a disbeliever, he is like the mad man you mentioned. So just like I will reject his bread, Allaah will reject his deeds.

Then because the paradise that Allah offers us is a blessings that is immensely great, our deeds alone cannot attain an abode that is as magnificent as such.

The Prophet said in one hadith that the comparison between this life and the next life is like the amount of water someone will bring out if he dips his finger in an ocean as compared to the whole ocean itself.

That's like two drops of water compared to a whole ocean!!!

So paradise is an abode that's more than a trillion times better than this world and our deeds alone are not enough to attain such gift.

That's the essence of that hadeeth where the Prophet said that our deeds alone cannot get us there except Allaah encompasses us with His mercy and grace.

Do you understand now? This is what makes sense - with all honesty.

God doesn't have to stoop so low to come as a human being and die - the whole process defeats His nature and is blasphemous.

All what you need is accept faith, you will become cleansed of your past.

Then start doing deeds and strive as much as you can.

Then when the time comes, Allaah will support your deeds with His mercy and grace and you will make paradise because your deeds alone do not deserve the enormity of the pleasures in it.

That's what makes perfect sense.

Who is "Imes"? I keep seeing it but I dont know what it means

grin grin grin

In the world of today, where the Muslims have drifted miserably away from the true Islam and that has caused us to lose our glory and make the non Muslims think so low of us, cast aspersions and lies against our religion and oppress us;

Imes is the one through whom Allaah will revive our glory;

Imes is coming to unite the Muslims or many Muslims under the true Islam;

He is coming to reform the Muslim world into a new and better world;

He is coming to build a new civilization better than this present one; a civilization that's influenced by Islamic values;

He is coming to make the Muslims independent of the Kuffar and great and powerful;

He is coming to defend Islam against all the lies that you non Muslims tell against Islam;

He is a coming reformer and saviour through whom the lives of many people will be touched positively and people will be guided to the truth;

And through him, many non Muslims will as well enter Islam;

And so on... grin

That's Imes. Prepare for his coming and feel free to tell your people grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by livebyday(m): 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

Exactly! Exactly, exactly.

It was a political move. Jesus was a radical. And we can see from what happened in Sowore's case what happens to radicals and people who challenge the status quo.

Just because He was divine, it does not mean that He was not subject to the social and political systems that govern human interactions. You talk too much, you ask too many questions, you challenge the big boys, you are finished!

At any point in time, This dude would have been killed because He was dealing with HUMANS! Sinful, selfish, ambitious, covetous humans!

Even if He were here now, they would still kill Him. Thats the whole point.

He came to die for us, not because we are such good Christians but because we are nothing to write home about, yet He still loves us.

If somebody is preaching in a mountain somewhere, away from your own synagogue, is it a crime? In fact you are even supposed to be happy that people are being healed and freed. Live and let live, right? But as usual, human beings couldnt help but see Him as a threat and a nuisance. So they conspired against Him, the same way we see so many conspiracies end in tragedy. Unfair and unjust tragedy against an innocent soul who was only trying to improve his society.

He was not MEANT to die, the same way Sowore was not MEANT to be captured. The same way Abiola was MEANT to be the president. The same way so many things were not MEANT to happen, but they happened because humans are inherently wicked!

You are the first person to hold my attention on this topic for the last 30 years ... Most always get upset and then revert to the status quo of don't question God etc

Bravo that is no small feat, you should be proud ..

Having said that..
We both disagree on some.things

1. We agree he died yes , but I say hsi mission wasn't to come and commit suicide but to show mankind the way to live

2. This was a threat to the church so they ganged up against him

3. He was murdered but the church changed the narative to be he came to die for mankind
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Siralgebra04(m): 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
thorpido:
The book of Buddha teaches something.Anyone can follow what ANY book teaches.It's not about what some book teaches.it is about TRUTH.
The Quran says 'knowledge is with the people of the book'.That means something deep.
Jesus said,ye speak that ye know of but we speak that which we know.....

Talking about illogical,some people don't believe in the existence of God you say you believe in.They say it is 'illogical'.
When you brand anything illogical,shine the light on even what you believe.TRUTH has nothing to do with 'logical'.

By the way what do you mean by 'u don't have the mental capability to finish'?You know me?Or you're feeling like some god who knows everybody?.......I laugh at human foolishness.
Lol... U need to improve. Now let's set d record straight. The abundant life dat u mentioned actually prompted d word 'Illogical' dat i said. How does believing in Christ brings about abundant life? Does Christ have d power to give one abundant life. Defend ur claim with bible verse and I will break ur mouth with another verse.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by thorpido(m): 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2019
Siralgebra04:

Lol... U need to improve. Now let's set d record straight. The abundant life dat u mentioned actually prompted d word 'Illogical' dat i said. How does believing in Christ brings about abundant life? Does Christ have d power to give one abundant life. Defend ur claim with bible verse and I will break ur mouth with another verse.
John 10:28, KJV: "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
maynation:

Lol.
You mean you were once a muslim (or is it not "muslima" they call it?, lol) and now a Christian? Wow, sounds great. I love that.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Bigcowhorn: 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
thunderfirebubu:
u too Sabi book

Correction.

OgaBuhari is a librarian in the University of Calabar teaching hospital. He gathers books for a living. Nothing interesting there.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Omonigeriarere: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
PataAlhaja:
[s][/s]

You are a big fool!

Just like you.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by southpole: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
musicwriter:

Be informed that I am not a member of any religion.

Neither christianity nor Islam is the way. Both are nonsense.
So why are you spreading falsehood against Christianity is it out of natural hatred?The day you die you will know the truth and it will be too late for you to repent and accept Jesus. Late free thinkers and so called atheists know the truth now and they cannot come back here on Earth to accept Jesus for there is no such second chance or opportunity for. You still have the opportunity while you are still here on Earth. Atheists wish there is no God, but there is.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Omoslim26: 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:

You see! angry Ignorance upon ignorance!

I always say many of you non Muslims who criticize Islam do not know true Islam. your knowledge of Islam is based on what you observed.

So Muslims rely on their deeds alone?

Then why did the Prophet say this? angry

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "No one of you will enter
Paradise by his deeds alone." They asked, "Not even you,
O Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Not even me, unless
Allah covers me with His Grace and Mercy" (Bukhari,
Riqaq, 18; Muslim, Munafiq, 71-73).

And this is what makes sense more. God encompassing us with His mercy in his Godlike fashion and while maintaining his Supreme status as God makes more sense than coming down as a human being to die for our sins. no insult intended.

Continue wallowing in your ignorance thinking you are wise until Imes shows up! angry

I repeat, like I always say, when Imes comes, it will be gave over for many ignorant people like you who are casting aspersions upon Islam and lying against it.

Imes is coming for you and your fellow ignorant lots! Get prepared! angry

Imes, we await your coming grin

Read J O Moshay's book

Who is this Allah part one and two
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by musicwriter(m): 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
southpole:
So why are you spreading falsehood against Christianity is it out of natural hatred?The day you die you will know the truth and it will be too late for you to repent and accept Jesus. Late free thinkers and so called atheists know the truth now and they cannot come back here on Earth to accept Jesus for there is no such second chance or opportunity for. You still have the opportunity while you are still here on Earth. Atheists wish there is no God, but there is.

I have never spread falsehood against christianity. And, of course, I wss once a christian like you when I was a fool.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
livebyday:
You are the first person to hold my attention on this topic for the last 30 years ... Most always get upset and then revert to the status quo of don't question God etc

Bravo that is no small feat, you should be proud

Lol. I am not upset because I dont believe that we are contradicting each other. Anybody who understands the sacrifice of Jesus must understand that if they themselves were to encounter Jesus not knowing who He truly was, they would probably hate his guts! Your sinful human nature is at odds with Jesus' perfection and you have a choice either to accept it and tackle your vices with His help or reject it and keep stumbling.

Thats why we say that we are "in the world but not of it", thats why its necessary to become "born-again" and thats why Christians are persecuted. Because EOD, human character and desire often goes contrary to what God wants and says.

1 We agree he died yes , but I say hsi mission wasn't to come and commit suicide but to show mankind the way to live

2. This was a threat to the church so they ganged up against him

I dont understand why you keep listing these events as if they are binary. Is it not possible to aim to accomplish 2 things at once?

He came and taught us how to live. He came and died. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

I think I have already addressed these; His mission was to show mankind the way to live BUT in doing so, He knew that He would die for the same mankind He came to help. Because ultimately, none of us really wants His help.

We all want to eat whenever, sleep whenever, watch stupid movies, gossip and have sex whenever we want to, without somebody telling us that its wrong. Or if we acknowledge that it can be wrong, the way we do that should still be on our own terms. So why wouldnt we kill Jesus?

Alternatively, He knew He would die for the same mankind He came to help because how, how could the promised Messiah, the emissary of the Most High God, come in the form of a peasant labourer, a carpenter's son born out of wedlock in the worst neighbourhood in town, hanging out with prostitutes and embezzlers? And how could He call Himself the Son of God? What type of insult is that? So why wouldnt we kill Jesus?

3 He was murdered but the church changed the narative to be he came to die for mankind

You would have to qualify this. Which "church" are you referring to?

Who changed what narrative? The prophecy that the lamb of God was coming to die for the sins of the world had been looming throughout the Bible, so the narrative was actually consistent.

If anything they would have tried to change the narrative to be that his death was insignificant, to try to cover the whole thing up. Because thats why they murdered Him in the first place, to stop Him from gaining too much relevance.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by CAPSLOCKED: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
southpole:
So why are you spreading falsehood against Christianity is it out of natural hatred?The day you die you will know the truth and it will be too late for you to repent and accept Jesus.
THE DAY WE WILL DIE, WE WILL KNOW NOTHING BECAUSE DEAD PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW THINGS.

southpole:
Late free thinkers and so called atheists know the truth now and they cannot come back here on Earth to accept Jesus for there is no such second chance or opportunity for. You still have the opportunity while you are still here on Earth. Atheists wish there is no God, but there is.

THE TOTAL NUMBER OF EVIDENCE YOU HAVE FOR THESE CLAIMS AMOUNT TO ZERO, BUT YOU WANT US TO BELIEVE BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IN TRASH YOU'VE BEEN BRAINWASHED WITH. HAH!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
Omoslim26:

Read J O Moshay's book

Who is this Allah part one and two

You too.. go to Islamqa.info to go and know "Who is this Allaah?"

a hater of Islam somewhere wrote a book to spite Islam, you are asking me to read it.

By the way, I'm even interested. how can I get the book?
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Splendor27: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
PataAlhaja:
[s][/s]

You are a big fool!
u are the fool not her....
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by livebyday(m): 4:25pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

Lol. I am not upset because I dont believe that we are contradicting each other. Anybody who understands the sacrifice of Jesus must understand that if they themselves were to encounter Jesus not knowing who He truly was, they would probably hate his guts! Your sinful human nature is at odds with Jesus' perfection and you have a choice either to accept it and tackle your vices with His help or reject it and keep stumbling.

Thats why we say that we are "in the world but not of it", thats why its necessary to become "born-again" and thats why Christians are persecuted. Because EOD, human character and desire often goes contrary to what God wants and says.

I dont understand why you keep listing these events as if they are binary. Is it not possible to aim to accomplish 2 things at once?

He came and taught us how to live. He came and died. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

I think I have already addressed these; His mission was to show mankind the way to live BUT in doing so, He knew that He would die for the same mankind He came to help. Because ultimately, none of us really wants His help.

We all want to eat whenever, sleep whenever, watch stupid movies, gossip and have sex whenever we want to, without somebody telling us that its wrong. Or if we acknowledge that it can be wrong, the way we do that should still be on our own terms. So why wouldnt we kill Jesus?

Alternatively, He knew He would die for the same mankind He came to help because how, how could the promised Messiah, the emissary of the Most High God, come in the form of a peasant labourer, a carpenter's son born out of wedlock in the worst neighbourhood in town, hanging out with prostitutes and embezzlers? And how could He call Himself the Son of God? What type of insult is that? So why wouldnt we kill Jesus?

You would have to qualify this. Which "church" are you referring to?

Who changed what narrative? The prophecy that the lamb of God was coming to die for the sins of the world had been looming throughout the Bible, so the narrative was actually consistent.

If anything they would have tried to change the narrative to be that his death was insignificant, to try to cover the whole thing up. Because thats why they murdered Him in the first place, to stop Him from gaining too much relevance.

smiley

We shall continue this discourse another day

Something to ponder on

PS: I still.find the Bible riddled with contradictions.as regards the son of God's mission

But alas we shall have to take a brief reprieve now and continue this another time as other tasks beckon

But later in the day I can still engage your further

Cheers
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Omoslim26: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:

You too.. go to Islamqa.info to go and know "Who is this Allaah?"

a hater of Islam somewhere wrote a book to spite Islam, you are asking me to read it.

By the way, I'm even interested. how can I get the book?

the writer did not just write he kept quoting from the quran

you can download the books only
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Siralgebra04(m): 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
thorpido:
John 10:28, KJV: "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."
Jesus doesn't have d power to give u abundant life. God gives. Talk to ur God directly. See below...
I can of my own self do nothing, as I hear I judge and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which has sent me (John 5:30)

I still have more o. If u quote me again, i will silence u with numerous verses where Jesus is called messenger of God and prophet.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by AATayo: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2019
Own a home in Abuja and Lagos Nigeria.
Adron Homes and Property offers 30% discount on all our Estate land in Nigeria: Abuja, Lagos, Abeokuta, Shimawa, Ibeju, Lekki gift like cow, 50kg bag of rice, goat, turkey, seasoning packs are available

Free Trip to Dubai for all purchase worth #10million

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Omoslim26: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:

Thanks for your input. Like you rightly said, going by your efforts alone, you cannot make heaven. That's established in the hadeeth I quoted. Unless God encompasses you with His mercy and grace. This is what befits His Majesty. God does God-like things in a manner that befits His Majesty.

The whole process of Him coming down to become Human, acting like human, feeling pain like human feels pain, eating and drinking and having urges like humans do e.t c defeats the purpose or nature of God. If the end result of it was was for the sins of mankind to be wiped away, God can of course do that without having to come down as human and die! Or is there any other lesson He wants us to learn from that action aside dying for our sins?

And again, why would God create us with original sin in the first place? Isn't that unfair that an innocent person will begin to carry the burden of sin He knows nothing about from birth?

And again, all those people who lived before Jesus came, are they not humans too? If God considered all humans as sinful and cannot attain heaven except He dies for their sin, then why did He not die for our sins much earlier so as to save those who lived before Jesus came? Why did He only save those generations that came after Jesus came?

Me saying you are limiting God is targeted at your statement "How much mercy can God dole out to save someone" and not this one you are pointing at. God's mercy is infinite and is enough to save someone and He doesn't need to come down as human to die for sins. God's mercy is enough. This is God!

I like you for one thing - You seem very intelligent (wIth all humility intended). But it seems you are trying to understand or interprete things the wrong way.

Now lemme make this clear. And I'm going to use the examples of madman and darling wife you gave.

You were right when you said if a madman gives me a loaf of bread, I won't accept but I will accept if it comes from a darling wife.

One of the conditions of deeds being accepted by God is to have faith. That's what we call Eman. Having faith in Allaah cleanses you of all your sins of the past and it is the foundation on which your deeds will be laid. See this:

Muslim (121) narrated that ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas
(may Allaah be pleased with him) said: When
Allaah put Islam in my heart, I came to the
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon
him) and said: “Give me your right hand so that
I may swear allegiance to you.” He held out his
hand and I withdrew my hand. He said, “What
is the matter, O ‘Amr?” I said, “I want to
stipulate a condition.” He said, “What do you
want to stipulate?” I said, “That I will be
forgiven.” He said, “Do you not know that Islam
destroys that which came before it?”

So when someone accepts faith, He becomes new and cleansed of His past sins. And accepting faith is the foundation of acceptance of deeds. Allaah only accept deeds from someone who has faith. The deeds of the one who has no faith is useless.

So the person who accepts faith becomes new and cleansed so he becomes like the darling wife you mentioned. So just as I will accept the bread from the darling wife, Allaah will accept this person deeds.

But when someone remains a disbeliever, he is like the mad man you mentioned. So just like I will reject his bread, Allaah will reject his deeds.

Then because the paradise that Allah offers us is a blessings that is immensely great, our deeds alone cannot attain an abode that is as magnificent as such.

The Prophet said in one hadith that the comparison between this life and the next life is like the amount of water someone will bring out if he dips his finger in an ocean as compared to the whole ocean itself.

That's like two drops of water compared to a whole ocean!!!

So paradise is an abode that's more than a trillion times better than this world and our deeds alone are not enough to attain such gift.

That's the essence of that hadeeth where the Prophet said that our deeds alone cannot get us there except Allaah encompasses us with His mercy and grace.

Do you understand now? This is what makes sense - with all honesty.

God doesn't have to stoop so low to come as a human being and die - the whole process defeats His nature and is blasphemous.

All what you need is accept faith, you will become cleansed of your past.

Then start doing deeds and strive as much as you can.

Then when the time comes, Allaah will support your deeds with His mercy and grace and you will make paradise because your deeds alone do not deserve the enormity of the pleasures in it.

That's what makes perfect sense.

grin grin grin

In the world of today, where the Muslims have drifted miserably away from the true Islam and that has caused us to lose our glory and make the non Muslims think so low of us, cast aspersions and lies against our religion and oppress us;

Imes is the one through whom Allaah will revive our glory;

Imes is coming to unite the Muslims or many Muslims under the true Islam;

He is coming to reform the Muslim world into a new and better world;

He is coming to build a new civilization better than this present one; a civilization that's influenced by Islamic values;

He is coming to make the Muslims independent of the Kuffar and great and powerful;

He is coming to defend Islam against all the lies that you non Muslims tell against Islam;

He is a coming reformer and saviour through whom the lives of many people will be touched positively and people will be guided to the truth;

And so on... grin

That's Imes. Prepare for his coming and feel free to tell your people grin cheesy

you didn't complete his full name nah

Bishop Imeh (aka Okon)���

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
AJ should stay away from Religion, before they recruit him as Jihadist.

Once Religion comes into Successful people's lives they become paranoid and mentally unstable.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:

And so on... grin

But this thing is sounding like "Ahmadiyya" Is it what you're trying to say? How come there's nothing about the Imes stuff on google?
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by thorpido(m): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
Siralgebra04:

Jesus doesn't have d power to give u abundant life. God gives. Talk to ur God directly. See below...
I can of my own self do nothing, as I hear I judge and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which has sent me (John 5:30)

I still have more o. If u quote me again, i will silence u with numerous verses where Jesus is called messenger of God and prophet.
I'm laughing at you.How come you ignored the scripture I gave you?Why don't you start by explaining what it means?

By the way,there is something interesting in the scripture you gave @ bolded
Jesus said,.....'i judge and my judgement is just'.... Jesus called himself a judge and spoke of his(my) judgment.Meditate on that.Light comes to your spirit.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Siralgebra04(m): 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
thorpido:
I'm laughing at you.How come you ignored the scripture I gave you?Why don't you start by explaining what it means?

By the way,there is something interesting in the scripture you gave @ bolded
Jesus said,.....'i judge and my judgement is just'.... Jesus called himself a judge and spoke of his(my) judgment.Meditate on that.Light comes to your spirit.
U don't need any imaginary spirit to interprete d verse to u, it is very logical. Jesus said he can't do anything on his own i.e he follows d order of a superior (God).

Let me quickly give u a silencer. The verses where Jesus is termed Messenger of God and Prophet. That will settle everything because a messenger does not have power to be a saviour.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by isram: 5:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
Fool I didn't make you win
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Samunique(m): 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2019
maynation:

Lol.
Yes oooo !!!

I was too until I found the way, the truth and life.

Praise the Lord !!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Let's Make 10k/100k With #500/5k Within 10 Days With Sport Betting / Nigeria Vs Benin: AFCON 2021 Qualifier (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Chad:AFCON Qualifier (2 - 0) On 13th June 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.