Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

The Scam Called Economic Advisory Council (EAC) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Scam Called Economic Advisory Council (EAC) (296 Views)

South African President Appoints Okonjo-iweala Head Economic Advisory Council / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting / Profile Of Members of Buhari's New Economic Advisory Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Scam Called Economic Advisory Council (EAC) by kcub: 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
The scam called Economic Advisory Council (EAC)

The Economic Advisory Council was a scam from day one and it has turned out to be Nigeria’s loss. The day President Muhammadu Buhari swore in the EAC was the day I knew that we were scammed. I don’t believe I will be saying this but we were completely fine with the Economic Management Team.

Let me tell you why. Since the day, Buhari inaugurated the 8-man Council chaired by Prof. Doyin Salami they have not impacted the economy for once, it’s not because they cannot but because they have been made redundant.

A team that comprises of Prof. Salami, Dr. Mohammed Sagagi, Prof. Ode Ojowu, Dr. Shehu Yahaya, Dr. Iyabo Masha, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo and Mr. Bismark Rewane are yet to influence our economy in anyway.

Remember former President, Olusegun Obasanjo once said their job is to advise and my job is to take it or not. This is what President Buhari is doing quietly, he allowed the cabal to trick him into dissolving the EMT led by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

The EMT met every week while the EAC meets once a month with no specific goal because of politics, the cabal is selling our future.
I remember Buhari’s speech when he inaugurated the Council, he said the PEAC was the most important national assignment.

He said, “As you develop your baseline study, I would like you to focus on primary data collection.

“Today, most of the statistics quoted about Nigeria are developed abroad by the World Bank, IMF and other foreign bodies.

“Some of the statistics we get relating to Nigeria are wild estimates and bear little relation to the facts on the ground.

“This is disturbing as it implies we are not fully aware of what is happening in our own country.

“We can only plan realistically when we have reliable data. As you are aware, as a government, we prioritised agriculture as a critical sector to create jobs and bring prosperity to our rural communities.

I am wondering why will President Buhari bring together some of the best economists in Nigeria and charge them with collecting data, are they researchers? What kind of thinking is this?
In the end Nigeria and Nigerians lose as the President continues to shortchange us.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Economic Advisory Council (EAC) by NGRsenate: 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2019
*sigh

Oluwa wetin dey happen?

What is our problem in this country?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Names Adamu As New AMCON Chairman / Akpabio Withdraws From Akwa Ibom Senatorial Rerun, Discloses Reason / Breaking: India Losses Internet See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.