Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) (39389 Views)

3 Reasons You Need To Start A Cashew Business(with pictures) / 4 Challenges Of Setting Up A Side Income And Working Full-time / What's The Cost Of Setting Up A Petrol Filling Station In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:01am On Feb 12, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:32am On Feb 12, 2020
Myself and some of the successful, prominent agroprenuers in Nigeria just started a free online mentoring programme.
I can guarantee you success in any agribusiness venture you launch within 4 months of participating in this mentorship.
it will save you a lot of stress, increase your success rate as we share our experiences,challenges and how to overcome them and make tons of money in agribusiness.
Kindly register using the link below
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ig5vI2AuEgrrcKU-3i_tQz4dfjVuaIAbLdFpcDw30_g
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:12am On Feb 13, 2020
As the season is approaching, doing market research on the crops to cultivate is critical important.

You also don't forget to keep records of what sell and what doesn't sell.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:42pm On Feb 13, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/4505152/3-reasons-need-start-cashew
why you need to start cashew wonderful thread full on insights for successful cashew farming biz worth reading
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2020
Much love from.here to.you

Happy Valentine's day !!
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2020
if you are thinking of cultivating any profitable crop this season,then cashew,cassava,plantain should be considered.

I will be willing to enlighten you more on these crops.

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by CADA: 12:40am On Feb 16, 2020
Hello, I like what you doing here. Keep it up!

I sent you a message on WhatsApp. Hope we get to share ideas.
Lesgupnigeria:
if you are thinking of cultivating any profitable crop this season,then cashew,cassava,plantain should be considered.

I will be willing to enlighten you more on these crops.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:50am On Feb 16, 2020
CADA:
Hello, I like what you doing here. Keep it up!
I sent you a message on WhatsApp. Hope we get to share ideas.
okay.Noted Thanks
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
#Getinvolved #AgricPays
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by CADA: 10:53pm On Feb 18, 2020
Hello, been trying to reach you. But you aren't picking my calls.
Lesgupnigeria:
#Getinvolved
#AgricPays
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:36am On Feb 19, 2020
CADA:
Hello, been trying to reach you. But you aren't picking my calls.
I am available now
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:30am On Feb 20, 2020
Good morning my people

as we all go out today,believe in yourself and never take no for an answer
keep working and keep striving to be the best
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:36am On Feb 22, 2020
Managing risks in agriculture

Agriculture, yet profitable is dotted with so many risks...
To make it to the other side of profit,you need to be able to manage the risks that comes with agricultural production

So now, how do you mitigate the risks involved

Before, you were told that an agribusiness is profitable,and you rush to start it
The question you should ask yourself is "do I have any knowledge about it?"

Don't take the risk of jumping into what you know nothing about....its risky

Getting a mentor and training is your best bet to reduce this risk

Insurance is an important way to also manage risks. Occurrence beyond human control do occur and what can save you is having an insurance cover to protect your investment.There are reliable insurance companies that you can use for your farm business.

#DoAgric#ManageRisks#Foodsecurity#training

1 Like

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:48am On Feb 25, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:11am On Feb 26, 2020
This is for the graduates and people that want to be self employed.

Someone said a mail to me few days ago,that he just graduated and wants to start a plantain/cassava flour business.

I was perplexed and don't know what to say

Don't get me wrong,its a good idea but business wise,it might not be a right business for you at this time.

Do you know the amount it takes to setup a flour business,do you have the capacity, management skills to see it profitable?

You don't have the skills,probably don't have the resources,even if you do,you will waste it because its a terrain you have not pass through before.

Why can't you start from food trading,buying and selling or food retailing and gradually move towards processing

There is also a great opportunity in the food retailing agribusiness.

You can get in touch if you want to explore this area to guide you.

Don't let your head be bigger than your neck

If you don't have the resources,start with what you have and gradually acquire capability to move up to other areas.

President of AFDB, Dr Akinwunmi Adesina said 2 years ago " agribusiness in Africa will reach $1 trillion by 2030,if you are looking to make money, this is the sector to be"

Nigeria population is projected to be third largest in the world after India and China in a decade from now.

It means we have more mouth to feed and opportunity for farmers and agropreneurs to generate income and wealth for themselves.

So this is the best time to keep working,position yourself for this great opportunity

Therefore,roll our sleeves,buckle up and get to work.

Good morning and have a nice day ahead.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:46am On Feb 28, 2020
Question from my inbox

Is cattle manure good for cashew,plantain?

Cattle dung is low in basic nutrient required for the growth and development of crops

Cattle manure is not good for cashew or plantain as it does not contain the major nutrients needed for plantain in large percentage compare to poultry and others.

Another problem with cattle manure is that it takes longer time to decompose.

Cattle manure is okay for crops like maize, and you must have dump the cattle manure at least 10-11 months on the suppose farmland before using it.

Do you know that the farmers from the north do come to the south to buy trailers of poultry/pig manure which are transported to fertilise their farm during farming season?

Why did they not make use of the abundant cattle manure in the north?

Its because of the reasons I stated above.

Good morning and have a great day ahead

2 Likes

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:37am On Mar 01, 2020
Happy new month prosperity, goodness and happiness all around you today and always
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:06am On Mar 02, 2020
You r dream is valid, don't let people talk you out of it Be focus and keep working on it
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
Accroding to traidcraft ,a UK-based fairtrade organisation

Price margins for cashew for the various stakeholders in the cashew value chain

Farmers, traders and shipping 29%

Shelling and processing 16%

Shipping and warehousing 3%

Roasting, packing and distribution 22%

Retailers margin 30%

What does this means, if you are a farmer,you are expected to take 29% margin...the retailer gets the highest margin of 30%.
Assuming you are now involved in all the value chain of the crop...you will be making a whole lot of margins from the production to the retailing.
That's the secret of some of the most profitable agribusiness in Nigeria,...Olam,RENL,Dansa,etc
Do you know why Indian cooperatives members are one of the most successful in the world; they have a processing firm for all of the commodities they produce with a management in place.
When they produce and harvest, they take it to the factory who process,package and distribute to the final consumer through the cooperative marketing network.
The more value you create along the value chain, the more profit margin you capture.

To really capture more revenue,you need to start from farming cashew and move along the value chain gradually
In need of affordable farmland to get started in our cashew farm estate,kindly get in touch.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:42am On Mar 06, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/4493487/how-setup-establish-own-cashew

want to get your cashew farm business started,then this is good thread to read and act on
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2020
Let this thread inspire you to kickstart your own farm business. Good luck!
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:27am On Mar 08, 2020
May this new week be prosperous and glorious to you and yours Amen
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
Be inspired! Go for your dream!!
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
.n
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by uwemconcept: 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:
we need to engage our youths

So happy for what my mentees have become

Please can you tell which company I can sell my sesame seeds to here in lagos
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:59am On Mar 11, 2020
uwemconcept:

Please can you tell which company I can sell my sesame seeds to here in lagos
kindly get in touch.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by uwemconcept: 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

kindly get in touch.

How do I get in touch with you.
This is my number: 09052295008
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
uwemconcept:

How do I get in touch with you. This is my number: 09052295008
okay.I will get in touch
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2020
uwemconcept:

How do I get in touch with you. This is my number: 09052295008
okay.I will get in touch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

First Bank Appoints 5 New Directors As Otedola Takes Over / Abdurazak Isa Building Modular Refinery In Imo, Anambra. Invests N7bn / Court Orders Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.