Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,786 members, 7,798,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland (2131 Views)

The Real Secret About Easy Buy Phones / Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons / What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by Abcdefghij10000(f): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2019
I have heard of a lot of a lot of complaints when people buy phones from sellers on nairaland, they always have an issue with phones bought on nairaland, which is not supposed to be since the sellers say the phones are new. Anybody with complaints should write it down in the comment section below and anyone with tips to avoid phone scammers should let us know
Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by okirewaju(f): 9:56am On Dec 11, 2019
Following

1 Like

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by Kaydeexotic(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2019
Dealers I can vouch for are Mizik macbeyland protein0 noobody Samtob4life korban1234 lexusgs430... I don't know about others Sha..

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by noobody(m): 10:02am On Dec 11, 2019
Kaydeexotic:
Dealers I can vouch for are Mizik macbeyland protein0 noobody Samtob4life korban1234 lexusgs430... I don't know about others Sha..

Thanks for the honorable mention,we promise not to let nairalanders down,

Cheers smiley

9 Likes

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by dominique(f): 11:04am On Dec 11, 2019
Be extra cautious, do your due diligence by clicking on the person's profile and going through their post history. Search for their numbers on the search bar (using both 234 and 080 format)

Most newly registered handles are red flags but that doesn't mean they're all fraud. To be on the safe side, transact with an old member with a considerable history of business on the forum.

DON'T FALL FOR CHEAP, MOUTH-WATERING DEALS!!!

Most of these scammers operate with multiple accounts, they use one account to vouch for the other. So if you're asking about how genuine a trader is, don't go with the reviews of a strange handle.

Some red flags to look out for when chatting a suspected fraud
*Being open to bargain lower than the advertised price
*Sounding religious to put your mind at ease
*Rushing you to pay quickly so you wouldn't miss out on a great deal
*Insisting you pay him first
*Refusing to use escrow

The list is endless as the scammers keep devising new tactics. If you're not used to buying stuff online, it's better you patronize offline traders to avoid being a victim of scam

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by Timileyin1234(m): 11:19am On Dec 11, 2019
dominique:
Be extra cautious, do your due diligence by clicking on the person's profile and going through their post history. Search for their numbers on the search bar (using both 234 and 080 format)

Most newly registered handles are red flags but that doesn't mean they're all fraud. To be on the safe side, transact with an old member with a considerable history of business on the forum.
Most of these scammers operate with multiple accounts, they use one account to vouch for the other. So if you're asking about how genuine a trader is, don't go with the reviews of a strange handle.
*Refusing to use escrow

The list is endless as the scammers keep devising new tactics. If you're not used to buying stuff online, it's better you patronize offline traders to avoid being a victim of scam
dominique see e get one mod that ban me In Salzburg vs Liverpool thread. Could u help ask him if the geh that I wanted to collect her number is her gehfriendundecided

2 Likes

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by dominique(f): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2019
Timileyin1234:

dominique see e get one mod that ban me In Salzburg vs Liverpool thread. Could u help ask him if the geh that I wanted to collect her number is her gehfriendundecided

Spambots, you've been unbanned now

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by Timileyin1234(m): 11:22am On Dec 11, 2019
dominique:

Spambots, you've been unbanned now
I can’t comment on that thread
Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by dominique(f): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2019
Timileyin1234:

I can’t comment on that thread

Try again
Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by Obaiyski(m): 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
dominique:

*Refusing to use escrow

Which of the escrow will you advice to use and how?

1 Like

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by Baadal(m): 1:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
I am a very reputable dealer here on Nairaland as well.People can testify.
i have the following phones for sale.All brand new

1. iPhone 11 PRO MAX 64GB full box and accessories intact in the box

2. Samsung Galaxy S10 plus with accessories intact

3.Sealed brand new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 4GB/64GB VARIANT

Call/WhatsApp if interested 08025220285.I can also waybill outside lagos for a token(3k only)

1 Like

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by OneKinGuy(m): 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
Baadal:
I am a very reputable dealer here on Nairaland as well.People can testify.
i have the following phones for sale.All brand new

1. iPhone 11 PRO MAX 64GB full box and accessories intact in the box

2. Samsung Galaxy S10 plus with accessories intact

3.Sealed brand new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 4GB/64GB VARIANT

Call/WhatsApp if interested 08025220285.I can also waybill outside lagos for a token(3k only)
Posting this here doesn't means you are as reputable as you see yourself. You already have a thread, stick to it!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by Cornrows(m): 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Yes, a lot of dealers here are trustworthy.
I bought my current phone (Iphone 7plus) here on Nairaland from Baadal.

2 Likes

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by swaqq(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
I Buy from henrixx and joetoocute... very reputable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2019
Bought 4 phones on NL.. All are perfectly ok

2 Likes

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by drjprince: 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
I know noobody,korban3134, protein0, macbeyland,ifedith, Mizik,gideiberry

Very reputable personnels

My current phone gotten on nairaland from noobody

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by dominique(f): 6:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
Obaiyski:
Which of the escrow will you advice to use and how?

You can check the currency exchange thread on the business section and ask for reputable escrows.
Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by bravesoul247(m): 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
Abcdefghij10000:
I have heard of a lot of a lot of complaints when people buy phones from sellers on nairaland, they always have an issue with phones bought on nairaland, which is not supposed to be since the sellers say the phones are new. Anybody with complaints should write it down in the comment section below and anyone with tips to avoid phone scammers should let us know
I've bought like twice from here. First was a Tecno phone, the other was a Xiaomi. Both worked perfectly
Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by shogsman(m): 7:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
It's simple, don't pay without seeing the device.
Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by Baadal(m): 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2019
Cornrows:
Yes, a lot of dealers here are trustworthy.
I bought my current phone (Iphone 7plus) here on Nairaland from Baadal.
Thanks for the mention boss.... cool

1 Like

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by sunshineV(f): 12:50am On Dec 12, 2019
Samtob4life:

Thanks bro.

Naijamobile Phones and Gadgets

Flash sales....as e dey hot

Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro 6GB/128GB 80k (white colour...with free silicone case)

Xiaomi Redmi note 8 4/64gb 61k (blue, black and white colour available)

Xiaomi Redmi note 8 3/32gb 55k (blue colour)

Xiaomi Redmi 8 4/64gb 45k (ruby red)

Xiaomi Redmi 8A 2gb/32gb 35k (Ocean blue)

Xiaomi redmi note 7 4GB/64GB 66k (blue and black)

Xiaomi Redmi note 7 6gb/64gb 64k (black)

Xiaomi Redmi 7 3GB ram/32GB rom 45k

Xiaomi Redmi 7a 2gb ram/32gb rom 33k

Silicone shockproof case for Xiaomi redmi note 8, 7, redmi 7 and 7a available

Price: 1000 naira/one and 1500 for two.

Redmi note 7 screen protector also available @1k each

Delivery is nationwide

☎Call/whatsappp: 08165419094

Whatasapp: https:///2348165419094

Is the redmi note 8 pro global version?
Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by Samtob4life: 7:43am On Dec 12, 2019
sunshineV:

Is the redmi note 8 pro global version?

Global rom
Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by henrixx(m): 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2019
swaqq:
thank you OG

1 Like

Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by joetoocute: 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
Thanks bro for trusting us.
swaqq:
Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by macbeyland(m): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2019
drjprince:
I know noobody,korban3134, protein0, macbeyland,ifedith, Mizik,gideiberry

Very reputable personnels

My current phone gotten on nairaland from noobody
Thanks for the vouch. Really appreciated.
Re: How Safe It Is To Buy Phones From Dealers On Nairaland by atheistandproud(m): 8:19am On Dec 31, 2019
Why would you place adverts on someone's thread na? *Facepalm* Nigerians sef...

*Walks away*

(1) (Reply)

Help On A Phone That Won't Be More Than ₦60,000 / The New Blackbarry Porshe. / How To Get Airtel Free 500MB, 1GB Or 2GB Without Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.