Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect (3314 Views)

Elderly women, being nicer When They Meet A Very handsome Young Man / Jealous Nigerian Man Kills Financially Independent Wife / Do Women Also Experience Konji The Way We Men Does (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
Women, when you begin to buy things for yourself, take yourself out, and shower yourselves with gifts, you will see that most men have nothing more than material things and food. That's all. It's easier to know a man of value when you have some level of financial stability. When you are broke or hungry? A plate of food seems like love. 5k from him will even make you start thinking marriage sef.

Hustle o so that you will have your own money and men will have to prove why you need them beyond money

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Cutehector(m): 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2019
Lmao. I am so posting this on my whatsapp status cheesy

The part where you wrote "even 5k cash gift will make her start thinking marriage really killed me with laugh grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by NevetsIbot(m): 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
5k will make her start thinking of marriage ke??

I'm sorry o but junior secondary school girls here no dey even see 10k as money... naim one adult go dey reason marriage.

Eiiiii... People have suffered

1 Like

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by lilmax(m): 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
You can have all the money and your character still be TRASH

15 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by AfroKnight: 11:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
lilmax:

Thank you bro. Tell them.

They think all we care about is them not fleecing us. This is what we are talking about. They should see beyond their immediate needs.

When men ask for what you’re bringing to the table, we are not talking about only your personal finance.

No, you must have sense. Don’t just have money of your own. Have a logical mind to go with it. Learn to have civil conversations. Don’t turn it into a question and answer segment. Contribute to the discussion like a fellow sensible adult. Don’t be insufferably salty with your signature nonsense monosyllabic response.

Be peaceable. A number of women derive fulfilment from frustrating men. Like, that’s how they know they are progressing in life - frustrating men who show them love. Hope you know you are practising witchcraft and thunder will faya you.

Respect yourself and respect your guy. Not every argument is an opportunity for you to be savage. Leave that for juvenile brawlers on twitter.

Being a strong young woman does not mean being rude and unreasonable.

Just be reasonable.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 8:04am On Dec 12, 2019
I made a post as relating to women, and the only replies so far have been from people who probably still trying to find their way around life

4 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by samdavjustin(m): 8:17am On Dec 12, 2019
nanauju:
I made a post as relating to women, and the only replies so far have been from people who probably still trying to find their way around life

Yes you are right to an extent but you are also very wrong. You see money is important but not everything men look at when married. If you don’t have sense or respect your man or let him be the head regardless of how much ur making there will be big problems in that relationship. So if you like make all the money you want the result will be the same.

8 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
samdavjustin:

Yes you are right to an extent but you are also very wrong. You see money is important but not everything men look at when married. If you don’t have sense or respect your man or let him be the head regardless of how much ur making there will be big problems in that relationship. So if you like make all the money you want the result will be the same.

Don't feel soo much of yourself as a man. As a matter of fact, this topic is still centered around woman that should strive to be more financially independent and successful, so that when they (women) the start thinking of how to settle down, they will look beyond money (which as much as is a necessity shouldn't be the only thing they look out for), and start looking at the behavior of the man, and how he shows leadership skills, reactions to issues, and overall manner of approach.
Or do you really think it's only men that look out for a woman that will respect them? I'm sorry if you are not respecting your woman too, especially one who is financially independent, you are not ready for something lasting yet. Let it be mutual.
If a man is always screaming about being the head, deserving respect, then there's a problem. He probably hasn't put himself up to the position to deserve such from his woman. A woman will always submit to a man, who has proved beyond doubt that he posses finesse leadership qualities, respect himself and his woman, and every other thing will fall into place. You cannot give what you don't have

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by pryme(m): 12:41pm On Dec 12, 2019
AfroKnight:

They think all we care about is them not fleecing us. This is what we are talking about. They should see beyond their immediate needs.

When men ask for what you’re bringing to the table, we are not talking about only your personal finance.

No, you must have sense. Don’t just have money of your own. Have a logical mind to go with it. Learn to have civil conversations. Don’t turn it into a question and answer segment. Contribute to the discussion like a fellow sensible adult. Don’t be insufferably salty with your signature nonsense monosyllabic response.

Be peaceable. A number of women derive fulfilment from frustrating men. Like, that’s how they know they are progressing in life - frustrating men who show them love. Hope you know you are practising witchcraft and thunder will faya you.

Respect yourself and respect your guy. Not every argument is an opportunity for you to be savage. Leave that for juvenile brawlers on twitter.

Just be reasonable.

Just as your signature - Poignant.
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2019
lilmax:

Yeah same goes for men. You should know that financially independent women also look out for character in men.. The only thing that blinds a woman's eyes to his thrash character can be his money. But when she has hers, she looks beyond the money and searches for other behaviors she can be compatible with

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by pryme(m): 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2019
nanauju:

Don't feel soo much of yourself as a man. As a matter of fact, this topic is still centered around woman that should strive to be more financially independent and successful, so that when they (women) the start thinking of how to settle down, they will look beyond money (which as much as is a necessity shouldn't be the only thing they look out for), and start looking at the behavior of the man, and how he shows leadership skills, reactions to issues, and overall manner of approach.
Or do you really think it's only men that look out for a woman that will respect them? I'm sorry if you are not respecting your woman too, especially one who is financially independent, you are not ready for something lasting yet. Let it be mutual.
If a man is always screaming about being the head, deserving respect, then there's a problem. He probably hasn't put himself up to the position to deserve such from his woman. A woman will always submit to a man, who has proved beyond doubt that he posses finesse leadership qualities, respect himself and his woman, and every other thing will fall into place. You cannot give what you don't have

This post only contradicts the title your thread. Money does not get you respect, unless you are paying for it.

This thread is about women getting respect,
Respect from who? The "men".
Yet a "man" told you it's not money that gets a woman respect.
You replied him with this post, if I were you I would try to figure out what makes a man respect a woman FROM A MAN.

Perhaps you are seeking respect from "women"

6 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by samdavjustin(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
nanauju:

You’re not understanding my point, your post says “being financially independent is the only way to get respect from men” am telling you that’s bullshit that’s not the only way unless you marry a poor man then you can use your money to bully him but if you’re married to an average or well to do guy OYO is your name if your aim is respect.

3 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2019
samdavjustin:

You’re not understanding my point, your post says “being financially independent is the only way to get respect from men” am telling you that’s bullshit that’s not the only way unless you marry a poor man then you can use your money to bully him but if you’re married to an average or well to do guy OYO is your name if your aim is respect.

Please next time, read my comment, not just for rushing to quote me, but for your understanding. Everything you said is not what I said. Please read again.

2 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
just because, a woman is financially independent does not mean she will have respect... character matters

anyway there are men also who are financially independent but have no respect because of bad character

character matters alot, being financially independent plus good character brings respect.

2 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2019
pryme:

This post only contradicts the title your thread. Money does not get you respect, unless you are paying for it.

You replied him with this post, if I were you I would try to figure out what makes a man respect a woman FROM A MAN.

Is a woman too little to get respect from her man? I don't need to go figure how to make a man respect his woman. It's natural. If he lets down his ego, respect will be mutual

2 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
lilwetdick:
just because, a woman is financially independent does not mean she will have respect... character matters

anyway there are men also who are financially independent but have no respect because of bad character

character matters alot, being financially independent plus good character brings respect.

Exactly... Character and financial independence should go both ways... Not a one way thing.

1 Like

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
Only in a culture where money is worshipped will the way to anyone's self respect be through his/her bank account size. Money is nothing. Yahoo boys and drug dealers have money but no respect. My grandmother never worked for one day, and she still commands absolute respect from the whole extended family. Respect is all about possessing the traits of fairness, justice, integrity and strength of character. That is why principled people are always respected.

5 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Bola146(f): 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
Yes, with full submission, prayers. Also with understanding, hardworking and good man is good too grin grin
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by LordKO(m): 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2019
You're entitled to your opinion. However, your opinion is only for you and people who are of the same ethical leanings like you, so you don't hold brief for people in general. Respect isn't something you can have instead it's something you can earn - you can only have dignity. Unfortunately, money can't buy dignity. Financial emancipation may cause small-minded people to tolerate or fear you, even when you've bad character, but that won't mean that you've dignity/earned their respect.

Personally, a woman, just like a man, only needs to be human being to receive my politeness, and she needs to be humane and principled to earn and retain my respect - in other words, she needs to be altruistic and conscientious to earn and retain my respect. The irresistible value of a woman lies in her character. Money can't buy ethical class. I'd rather fall in love/defer for an ethically sound woman, with or without money/any material possession, than to fall in love/defer for a woman who possesses all the wealth in this world but with crass and expedient personality.

The good thing about character (good or bad) is that no amount of pretense or glossing can cover it, at least not for too long. It's like a goldfish that has no hiding place.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
I'm happy for the number of different opinions so far on this thread
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by zmpp(f): 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2019
nanauju:

it is here you made a balanced message not in your original message. i agree with you in this

3 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by Jersuiyjoe(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2019
Hhmmm.
Some people still don't know that women are going to take over the world. And one day it's just gorng to look like a normal thing.
but the few ones won't let their guards down.
And it may take some time before you can find to few ones, and you might suffer a bit before you cän find them.
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2019
zmpp:

it is here you made a balanced message not in your original message. i agree with you in this

I think I made a balanced message in my original comment. It's just your own perspective. While some women feel ok to be financially independent, and not be a sit at home housewives with nothing doing, some others prefer to be not financially independent.
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by mumumugu(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
feminist will not like this
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by pryme(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2019
nanauju:

Is a woman too little to get respect from her man? I don't need to go figure how to make a man respect his woman. It's natural. If he lets down his ego, respect will be mutual

As far as respect is concern, you get what you give.
Dont expect any because you have money.
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by prettyaura: 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
[quote author=nanauju post=84834691] I am a very financially stable woman..very stable and it has really changed my point of view about men..if as a guy all U have to offer me is take me out or send money to my account, U go jonz..unlike before that I used to think otherwise..as a lady, it's very brilliant to be independent and hardworking..this attracts the right kind of men to your life becos they know they cannot attract U with peanuts..but unfortunately, I had someone who suffered inferiority complex becos of this..it's so sad..I belittled myself to make him comfortable around me..started doing things that were below my budget..never devalue yourself for anything in this world..don't even put a price tag on yourself..a man that truly loves U will be a MAN around U and will even motivate U to be a lot better.

3 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by nanauju(f): 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
[quote author=prettyaura post=84857911][/quote]

Thanks for this wonderful contribution sis. The truth is that, ladies who have not experienced this financial independence (no matter the little she earns from her business or job), will not be able to relate with this post, but while the men here have turned it entirely around that it is respect they want. So why then do they keep singing in our ears that they cannot be with someone who is not earning, only begging. Is this some form of self bloated ego that they're trying to save from crashing, or they are just dealing with the inferiority complex and intimidation of being with a lady who works and spends on herself, rather than beg him for crumbs

2 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by bukatyne(f): 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
pryme:

You clearly don't understand the OP

She is saying 'women have your own money' so you look beyond provision from a man.

When you are content with what you have, you are better positioned to review a prospective husband critically because you are not blinded by money.

A fantastic advice if you ask me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by bukatyne(f): 10:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
From most of the posts on this thread, I think I must read the wrong OP.

1 Like

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by bestdudes: 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
AfroKnight:

Just be reasonable.
There is one on nairaland that has the emboldened...
Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by bestdudes: 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2019
bukatyne:

You clearly don't understand the OP

She is saying 'women have your own money' so you look beyond provision from a man.

When you are content with what you have, you are better positioned to review a prospective husband critically because you are not blinded by money.

A piece of fantastic advice if you ask me.
Men do not even care if you have money... I for one don't care if a woman is richer than me. If you run your mouth anyhow and think you can disrespect me, I will do that lady strong thing that will make remove her shoes and run like a mad woman.

my motto is to treat people the way you wish to be treated.

2 Likes

Re: Women, Being Financially Independent Is The ONLY Way We Can Have Our Respect by AfroKnight: 10:52pm On Dec 12, 2019
bestdudes:
There is one on nairaland that has the emboldened...

Dem full family section.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Pvssy Is Sweeter Than Your Mom Food. / "Future Is Female Ladies" Can You Do This / See What I Decided To Do This Morning (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.