Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina (24006 Views)

Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa / Insecurity: Buhari Will Be Answerable To Allah – Bafarawa / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Jowanonline(m): 6:27am On Dec 12, 2019
The Presidency says Nigeria is a sovereign nation and will not be bothered about the reports from the United States, the United Kingdom and the European Union as regards human rights abuses.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, said this on Channels Television’s ‘Politics Today’ programme on Wednesday.

Adesina was asked to react to reports from the EU, UK and the US that Nigeria’s high record of human rights abuses.

He was also asked to react to the invasion of the Federal High Court, Abuja by men of the Department of State Services who arrested the Publisher of SaharaReporters, Omoyele Sowore, last Friday.

Responding to the question, Adesina said, “We are not answerable to the US, the UK or the EU. We are Nigeria, a sovereign country. Those countries and entities have issues of their own. Let them deal with their issues. Let Nigeria also deal with her internal issues. We are not answerable to them.”

When asked to respond to criticisms against the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) by Prof. Wole Soyinka, Adesina said the Nobel laureate was free to express his opinion.

“We respect Prof. Soyinka. You don’t have too many of them in the country or even on the continent. He is an avatar and he is well respected but his opinion will remain his opinion. It will be considered and if there are things to act on, we will act on them,” he said.

Adesina said the Presidency would not take the opinion of a few Nigerians as that of the majority.

He said the ultimatum issued by 14 civil society groups as well as the editorial by The PUNCH was not the mind of the majority of Nigerians.

“Genuine issues will be looked into. We have had instances in which the government had to reverse itself because there were concerns raised. It shows that the government is responsive but you cannot listen to a babble of voices. It will distract you from what you are doing,” the President’s spokesman said.

When reminded of the fact that he was also a journalist before taking up the job to be the President’s spokesman, Adesina said he would remain true to his calling.

“I am still in the media. It is just that the roles are a bit reversed… when I am done with government by the grace of God, I will still return to the media,” he said.

Adesina said he would not make any comment on the allegations levelled against the nephew of the President, Mamman Daura; and the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu; by the First Lady, Aisha Buhari.

In a statement on Wednesday, Mrs Buhari had alleged that Shehu, took orders from Daura, adding that Daura ordered Shehu to issue a statement announcing that the office of the first lady had been scrapped.

When asked to react to the allegations, Adesina said the questions should be directed to Shehu since it was he that the allegations were levelled against.

He further stated that he did not like to meddle in the President’s family affairs except he was asked to speak on the matter by the President himself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/rights-abuses-were-not-answerable-to-us-uk-says-presidency/amp/

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by AgentNairaland(f): 6:29am On Dec 12, 2019
ZOOGERIA HOW MARKET... This Your Next Level Go Sweet Wella

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by bizza45: 6:30am On Dec 12, 2019
Says d country that runs there for almost everything they want to do , borrow money, holiday, even to buy toothpick

211 Likes 17 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Homeboiy: 6:35am On Dec 12, 2019
embarassed

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by truthfulparrot(m): 6:39am On Dec 12, 2019
Segun Adesina. I hope you get to read this. Our forefathers in their wisdom says: If you are asked to deliver a message as a slave, you use your discernment to deliver it as a freeborn.

Where will you be when your slave master leave in three years time?

A good name is better than all the wealth in this world.

274 Likes 15 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Charleys: 6:43am On Dec 12, 2019
Una don start?
Una don start?

After now una go go hide beg them for loan. If them sanction una, una go come dey tax me to pay for una excesses.

I need visa please someone help me.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by aolawale025: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2019
Good for the presidency!

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Tumbulum: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2019
But una oga go soon jump enter plan go hospital for UK. Still the same people have been begging the US to sell arms. If US remember una your case will be worse than Syria.
You can only make mouth if you can produce nuclear weapon buylt for now you can only produce terrorists.

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by ebuk4real(m): 6:51am On Dec 12, 2019
To remember that this is the same Adeshina I religiously followed his column while still at The Sun newspaper still baffles me. He wrote as a man of strong convictions that if thrown in a pit of Lions like Daniel of the holy scriptures, he would still stand & speak for the truth. And I never missed his column.

But after APC welcomed him to the banquet table, I guess it's either he intentionally shuts down his brain or his meal was laced with memory loss.

Now I know the meaning of the saying which goes thus: Never trust an average Nigerian with power.

Forget Nija...

203 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Maxymilliano(m): 6:53am On Dec 12, 2019
I agree with Adesina on the issue of sovereignty but Nigeria must work on her several Human Rights violations.

This government cannot afford to continue with the present level of impunity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by bdchange(m): 6:55am On Dec 12, 2019
The way and acts at which Mamman Daura displays his power is as if Buhari will never leave office again forgetting that he is running his tenure not royalty. Just like Saraki was feeling like a small god then but now being bamboozled here and there by the power that be. Daura should know that General Buhari will leave in 2023 no matter what. This regime has demonstrated the height of lawlessness in every capacity even more than we bargained for and someone will say we are still practicing democracy.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by backnbeta(f): 6:56am On Dec 12, 2019
But our major general cannot treat common cold without running to UK undecided

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 12, 2019
The fools would have been bothered if those warnings were coming from the Arab league.

If the Arabs are good, Bleep the US, UK and EU.

Buhari's allegiance is to Mecca.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by hisgrace090: 7:05am On Dec 12, 2019
When maman daura is in power!

On a serious note where's buhari or is he only good at sneaking out of the country at will while maman daura leads?

I know his wife is asking this same question now.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Foxman19: 7:10am On Dec 12, 2019
Adesina should read about sovereignty before he came to conclusion. If presidency continues misbehaving and Nigerians not back the action of president. Of course they will take the authority away from him.
So don't hide under sovereignty and continue to do evil things.

6 Likes

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by youngsahito(m): 7:17am On Dec 12, 2019
let the UK and US ban buhari from entering their country if he will not die the next day.

50 Likes

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Sylraph1: 7:19am On Dec 12, 2019
Nigerians are really on a very long THING

You really expect BUHARI to quiver at the mention of USA and UK......

Beside Nigeria is a sovereign states and any other country have no right to interfere in her affairs....

But to think that all this jargons are coming from Adesina......a man I have held in high esteem is really appealing...
It seems that who ever comes in contact with APC automatically looses his /her brain just like NL resident ZoneBs...

LETS ALL ENJOY THE RIDE

9 Likes

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by teadrake(m): 7:34am On Dec 12, 2019
ebuk4real:
To remember that this is the same Adeshina I religiously followed his column while still at The Sun newspaper still baffles me. He wrote as a man of strong convictions that if thrown in a pit of Lions like Daniel of the holy scriptures, he would still stand & speak for the truth. And I never missed his column.

But after APC welcomed him to the banquet table, I guess it's either he intentionally shuts down his brain or his meal was laced with memory loss.

Now I know the meaning of the saying which goes thus: Never trust an average Nigerian with power.

Forget Nija...
Let me quote Abraham Lincoln " Nearly all men can stand adversity but if you truly want to test a man's character give him money and a taste of power " then you'll see how useless he can be. Just look at the cerebral Reuben Abati before he joined the previous administration as a spokesperson. If you're given the position of a spokesperson in future administration, please reject it.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by teadrake(m): 7:38am On Dec 12, 2019
Maxymilliano:
I agree with Adesina on the issue of sovereignty but Nigeria must work on her several Human Rights violations.

This government cannot afford to continue with the present level of impunity.
Are we truly a sovereignty nation?? A nation that cannot solve her current challenges without running to UK or EU is claiming sovereignty

17 Likes

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by adem30: 7:47am On Dec 12, 2019
Nobody can use USA, EU, or UK to threaten Buhari.
Nnamdi Kanu used this till he tired and ran away, where are the sanctions of the USA,UK,EU,International communities and International Villages?

Onogben used USA,UK,EU,International Communities and International Villages to threaten the Major General, where is He today?

There are competitions in the global market, USA do not have the monopoly anymore, no wonder Buhari romance with the core America rivals, China and Russia.

Trump is busy facing his impeachment allegations and one unknown Sowore is banking on him to rescue him.
If Sowore tries this in America no one will hear his voice, he will be named a Terrorist straight and he will be executed.

General Buhari no dey look Uche face o

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Myhusband(m): 7:48am On Dec 12, 2019
sovereign nation?

economy zero

education? yahoo don enclose it when unemployment is the order of the day

employment zero

nothing is going right in this country and you call such useless country sovereign nation

na Sowore I blame for his stupidity, I will have the privilege to be a citizen of Dubia I don't know what will push me back to this country somewhat one useless fight for one aboki that don't have life

I hope he clear his mess and quit nonsense revolution

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by mumumugu(m): 7:53am On Dec 12, 2019
except when it comes to collection of loans

10 Likes

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by FactBoyz: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2019
angry
Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by money121(m): 8:20am On Dec 12, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by fredoooooo: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2019
grin
Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Ayoswit(f): 8:20am On Dec 12, 2019
This country is not only a zoo but a joke.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by helinues: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2019
Truth and facts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Afamed: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2019
Gbam.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Factfinder1(m): 8:21am On Dec 12, 2019
Buhari and his boys are biting more than they can chew and swallow

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by GreyBlood: 8:21am On Dec 12, 2019
Funnily enough, he is right. Nigeria is a sovereign nation and shouldn't dance to the dictates of other nations. It's a pity we're quite unfortunate with bad people and evil leaders.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by baldeagle: 8:21am On Dec 12, 2019
And not answerable to Nigerians too.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 12, 2019
I hope you will say the same thing if they decide not to help/assist your sh!thole country when you run to them. If they ban you from entering their country hope you will say the same thing sad sad sad

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate / Governor Soludo Visits Burnt Aguata Secretariat / Festus Keyamo Tackles Arise TV Journalist (See Reaction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.