Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked (40583 Views)

NAIRALANDER HELP ME:my Firstbank Account Have Been Hacked / My Facebook Has Been Hacked And I Can't Access It / My Facebook Account Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by jospepper(m): 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
Please Nairalanders I need your help.

At about 9am this morning I received a call from this number 08068941992 informing me of a training in one of the WhatsApp group which I belong to. The caller then told me to hang on for a while to receive a confirmation code for the training. I received the code 737-685 and sent it back to him, he thanked me and promised to call me by 5pm to remind me of the training.

Few minutes later I tried to login to WhatsApp without success. I deleted the app and downloaded a new one but I can't login with my number. That's when it dawned on me that my WhatsApp has been hacked. I have contacted support center but they are of no help.

I went and reported to Police and made a statement.

PLEASE my people, what can I do to prevent them from using my Identity to commit crime.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by dominique(f): 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
This is why I'm weary of joining all these strange Whatsapp groups, you get exposed to all sorts of characters. Ordinarily you should be able to get your Whatsapp number back but the hacker must have put some form of latch on the number which is preventing you from doing so. Keep reporting to support, they'll get back to you eventually. You need to reach out to your contacts and tell them to disregard any message from your Whatsapp number till further notice.

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by RichDad1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Enabling 2fa is a more secure way to protect your account.

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by jospepper(m): 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2019
dominique:
This is why I'm weary of joining all these strange Whatsapp groups, you get exposed to all sorts of characters. Ordinarily you should be able to get your Whatsapp number back but the hacker must have put some form of latch on the number which is preventing you from doing so. Keep reporting to support, they'll get back to you eventually. You need to reach out to your contacts to disregard any message from your Whatsapp number till further notice.
Thank you very much, I am currently reaching out to my contacts. This is the response from WhatsApp support.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by jospepper(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
RichDad1:
Enabling 2fa is a more secure way to protect your account.
Thanks sir, I take note.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
Please every one should secure their sim , verification codes and phones. Avoid giving phones to strangers and must importantly use WhatsApp finger print lock

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Newguyhere: 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
Social engineering at its peak cheesy
Some guys bad!!!

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Lewisalexander(m): 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
Noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by YungMike(m): 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
Write to them to Deactivate your WhatsApp Account.

They should ask for proof or maybe another verification code will be sent to your number.

All the best.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by theoneJabulani(m): 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
Lesson learnt

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Appswheel(m): 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by LTRAVIS(m): 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
Oga stop this lies, login into your watsapp they will send you another code....

77 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by timijoseph01(m): 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
Simply register the phone no again you shouldbe able to get the acc back,, if the person has not changed ownership of it

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by neoclassical: 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
sorry
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by landmark86: 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2019
H
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by obembet(f): 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2019
Since i dont have solution to your problem, Let me sit down read comments and learn from your mistake.

Kindly let us know when u get solution. So that we can learn

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Conceptman: 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2019
Maybe your bf or hubby is suspecting you of infidelity and intend to cross check something cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by optimus106(m): 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2019
People still fall for this type of cheap format...?

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by promisious: 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2019
angry
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by chrisxxx(m): 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2019
It is common these days.

2 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by itswell10: 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
Lol.
Naija sha.. Someone is crying for help and I dey see adverts of installations, sure winning.
That's why the white man will forever be better than us. We have no empathy at all

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by MrImole: 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
Now, this is new...
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Waspy(m): 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
Contact your mobile network provider...you can go to any of their offices nearest to you.

Explain your situation, and ask them to deactivate your line/number, then do a welcome back/reactivation.

Maybe it will help

26 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Jayslyder: 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
visit your network provider and see if they can help out

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by chigoziri2403(m): 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
Didnt you see that the code came from whatsapp, and the instructions?

29 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Men Who Lynched A Soldier To Death And Burnt His Body In Ghana (Photo) / Ogun Farm Manager Killed While Harvesting Crop With Daughter (pic) / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.