Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked (40577 Views)

NAIRALANDER HELP ME:my Firstbank Account Have Been Hacked / My Facebook Has Been Hacked And I Can't Access It / My Facebook Account Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by OyiboOyibo(m): 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
Patrioticman007:
What a country, we know the tribes that are specialized in these crimes. The tribes know the family that indulged in these evil acts. The family know, if na Emeka or Okoro do am. Please let's report these evils to the nearest police station.

You always comment with your ANUS... when will you borrow common sense?

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by emvuatt: 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
Easy just format ur phone then reinstall then a new verification code will be sent to you the the hacker will lose because he /she does not have the phone contact
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by OyiboOyibo(m): 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
optimus106:
People still fall for this type of cheap format...?

Na Greed
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by jospepper(m): 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2019
CaptainMitch:
You are a very dull person, good for you
Shalom.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by CaptainMitch: 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
Sorry next time be more security conscious
jospepper:
Shalom.

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by true2god: 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:
Please Nairalanders I need your help.

At about 9am this morning I received a call from this number 08068941992 informing me of a training in one of the WhatsApp group which I belong to. The caller then told me to hang on for a while to receive a confirmation code for the training. I received the code 737-685 and sent it back to him, he thanked me and promised to call me by 5pm to remind me of the training.

Few minutes later I tried to login to WhatsApp without success. I deleted the app and downloaded a new one but I can't login with my number. That's when it dawned on me that my WhatsApp has been hacked. I have contacted support center but they are of no help.

I went and reported to Police and made a statement.

PLEASE my people, what can I do to prevent them from using my Identity to commit crime.

I was a victim too of a guy who hacked into a colleague's number to send me a WhatsApp chat that he sells data at a very cheap rate. He asked for the 6-digit confirmation code which he used to hack into my account after I paid, into his ecobank account, 1k for 5GB data. It took another 1 week before I could recover my line for WhatsApp purposes. Somes guys are pure evil and criminally minded.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Yankee101: 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2019
The code was to reset your account chairman
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by yusluvad(m): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2019
dominique:
This is why I'm weary of joining all these strange Whatsapp groups, you get exposed to all sorts of characters. Ordinarily you should be able to get your Whatsapp number back but the hacker must have put some form of latch on the number which is preventing you from doing so. Keep reporting to support, they'll get back to you eventually. You need to reach out to your contacts and tell them to disregard any message from your Whatsapp number till further notice.
Mama don talk.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Elxandre(m): 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Liftme:
If you are in a active group on whatsapp, and you know any of the group members. Contact he/she to help check the number yours was changed to(groups are usually notified when number is changed). Then you can use the change number option ( using the scammer's number as your old ,and yours as new). I hope it works... Endeavour to do two step verification once you are back..
I don't think this is possible.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by webngnews: 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2019
Before Whatsapp weren’t u surviving
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by ewizard1: 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Sorry next time be more security conscious
Oh, so you felt stupid after he replied you peacefully?

#Advise : Learn to reason before speaking. No one knows all.

3 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Omoluabi16(m): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
born2begreat:

Bro... you fell for the cheapest trick and the person outsmart you. It`s not a news that technology will be taking over the world in years to come. It will make things easier and the more good the technology the bad it`s gonna do to people as well. Aside enabling 2FA one must always check his/her Whatsapp Web/Desktop of your whatsapp if it`s not been logged on a computer and someone using it to monitor your whole conversations. But this can only be done by someone close to you, someone that have access to your phone. Even you will be sent a logging notification by whatsapp that your account is logged on a computer at the exact time. If the person still hold your phone he/she can quickly delete that notification or you are someone who doesn`t care about going through your notifications before deleting them. Aside using internet to play bet9ja, read news on Nairaland or accessing our social media, one can still use internet aside to learn and upgrade himself. Even you can also monitor the devices your gmail account is logged on, you can see the last 10 logging and can easily figure out unknown device if found on the list so you can change your password and log out on all devices the account is logged on.
Some of us are not even tech savvy. What is 2Fa self?

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by CaptainMitch: 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
Shut up and mind your business Mr busybody
ewizard1:

Oh, so you felt stupid after he replied you peacefully?

#Advise : Learn to reason before speaking. No one knows all.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by SOFTENGR: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:

At about 9am this morning I received a call from this number 08068941992 informing me of a training in one of the WhatsApp group which I belong to. The caller then told me to hang on for a while to receive a confirmation code for the training. I received the code 737-685 and sent it back to him, he thanked me and promised to call me by 5pm to remind me of the training.

Few minutes later I tried to login to WhatsApp without success. I deleted the app and downloaded a new one but I can't login with my number. That's when it dawned on me that my WhatsApp has been hacked. I have contacted support center but they are of no help.

PLEASE my people, what can I do to prevent them from using my Identity to commit crime.

I think reinstalling what'sapp will disable that one.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by shestrong(f): 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:

wooh! u fell for scammers, so sorry.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Trigga001(m): 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
chigoziri2403:
Didnt you see that the code came from whatsapp, and the instructions?

Ask am o
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by dimade1: 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
God save my life that same yesterday,the same guy call me and asked for it,I gave him those no,as I was able to enter my watsapp it was disable but luckily I quickly able to retract my watsapp back.I was so lucky that yesterday.Op you check your watsapp at very late time.Op you drop your no on Facebook for free seminal on how to export agricultural product for free.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Thewizardof0zil: 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:
it's not possible again. I can't register WhatsApp with that line again.
Delete the whatsapp and redownload it.
Input that same number when you’re registering.
They’ll send the code to you, after the code, they’ll ask for your 2-Step verification, which the hacker has already.
Click the forgot verification, the hacker will be logged out of your account immediately.

Whatsapp will let you gain access into your account after seven days.

2 Likes

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Starkid3010(m): 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
cry I guess the op didn't see this
..down
OK is the dumbest man I know
It's imbibed in him

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by mcbliss: 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
[quote author=Newguyhere post=84851068]Social engineering at its peak cheesy
Some guys bad!!!
[/uquote]

Asin eh! The guy is gud! I give it to him. grin
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by jospepper(m): 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
Starkid3010:
cry I guess the op didn't see this
..down
OK is the dumbest man I know
It's imbibed in him
I am always so conscious of these things, I don't know what happened today! It could happen to anyone.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by mechanics(m): 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
You should have use the code system to lock your account through setting, since you have reported to the police, no cause for alarm, the best is to block your line.

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Jeffy1206(m): 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2019
Na wa to u big bro angry... How u come fall for this cheap 419 na
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Starkid3010(m): 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:
I am always so conscious of these things, I don't know what happened today! It could happen to anyone.
did Yoy later see that the message was from whatsapp?
grin Maybe na juju cos I don't seem to understand this.... Something like this cnt happen to me sha.
I pray your problem get solved asap.
But never in your life fall for this stupid scam again!
It's not even scam self
It seemed the guy was testing your stupidity

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by brightalo1010: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:

You received a confirmation code and send it back to him Mr whatsapp messager. NO LET ME LAY CURSE ON YOU OOOO. GERROUT HERE.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by deolu2000(m): 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
jospepper:

Hard guy hard guy, but see the cheap scam you fell for.

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by Charlesdock(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
timijoseph01:
Simply register the phone no again you shouldbe able to get the acc back,, if the person has not changed ownership of it
The person would have changed the WhatsApp number. So it would still be the same account but different number.
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by vivalavida(m): 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
pickatyou:
Please every one should secure their sim , verification codes and phones. Avoid giving phones to strangers and must importantly use WhatsApp finger print lock
U use all these oo.

No time to check time
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by nairalanduseles: 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
LTRAVIS:
Oga stop this lies, login into your watsapp they will send you another code....

U are foolish

1 Like

Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by emmy9500: 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2019
chigoziri2403:
Didnt you see that the code came from whatsapp, and the instructions?

Use a modest WhatsApp the message will not come from WhatsApp
Re: My Whatsapp Has Been Hacked by yakx2345(m): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
To avoid being a victim of this i suggest you run a 2 step verification on your WhatsApp. You will have a personal pin aside the normal whatsapp pin sent to ur phone during the processes of registration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kidnappers Arrested After Killing Their Victim (Graphic Photos) / Man Arrested In Bauchi For Burying His Newborn Grandchild Alive (Graphic Photos) / Four Men Who Lynched A Soldier To Death And Burnt His Body In Ghana (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.