Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,639 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation (87759 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Names His Newborn Prince Adesoji Aderemi (Photos) / We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife / Adebutu Kessington In ₦300m Rolls-Royce Phantom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by YorubaPrince: 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
Ashley86400:

Did you read the post at all?
He gave the land in which OOU is built on.
And that was just a few things he did.
What more do you want?

Na him papa get the land? Where did he get the Rolls Royce from? Na him money ba? Majority of you folks have resigned to being 2nd class citizens.

Again... >85% of Nigerians have mental issues! angry
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
damilola1978:
na wa o...cant dey just repaint it and clean it up real nice to look really presentable...Chai..my people my people

I think they don't want to tamper with the Originality.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Thithi1(f): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
Akisa ti logba rii meanwhile I have a neatly used IPhone6 16gb up for grab Asap. Send a message to 09052361297

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by raumdeuter: 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
If na oyibo na, you will hear say dem auction this vintage car for 35 million dollars...

But I trust my Naija people, na to sell the car parts use for other purposes..

or hotel for goats and lizards
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2019
Wow...Really nice, almost all past Obas used Rolls Royce
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by shogsman(m): 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2019
damilola1978:
na wa o...cant dey just repaint it and clean it up real nice to look really presentable...Chai..my people my people
It's called vintage for a reason.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
oba Adesoji Aderemi’s Rolls Royce Phantom V.
looks more like a phantom 3
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by ChristmasBells: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2019
(1) do we have over zealous humans here on Nairaland (2)....can someone give me the pigin definition of an over zealouse human(3)Can someone give me an example of over zealousy human we have in Nigeria politics movie Entertainment and pastors too! (6)(33) (3332)
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by shogsman(m): 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
donprinyo:
Something dat suppose to worth enough money now it's scrap thanks to our lack of maintenance culture
Oh so you expect a 70 year old car to still look all shining, y'all jump at any chance to bash your country, well done.

2 Likes

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
YorubaPrince:
Imagine... some mutha fvcking fool dey ride Rolls Royce without doing jack while the populace suffers. Of course, some fools would come on here to defend him.

>85% of Nigerians are mentally deranged, I swear! angry
No need to defend him but the fact remains, he reigned as a wealthy man. Search for his educational background before you voice your ignorance. I differ to believe you're a yoruba guy because its rare of intelligent ones amongst us to make such a baseless comment. He was a governor and as a governor there are benefits that come to you without stealing which you could be comfortable with. That's why it still baffles me how our present day governors would still steal the money meant for bringing a new lease of life to the masses. You could stack your yard with the most expensive cars without stealing public funds while serving as governor. That said, Oba aderemi was highly educated and wealthy before he became king. Google would help further , if in doubt

1 Like

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Kikisapp: 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
Are you a student or working class

Get more than 30,000naira Free loan today and return after 1month or 2month start up a business with our loan

http://loan.palmshare.com/register/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Ashley86400: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
YorubaPrince:

Na him papa get the land? Where did he get the Rolls Royce from? Na him money ba? Majority of you folks have resigned to being 2nd class citizens.

You included.
The other 15% are dead.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Okoyiboz3: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
We've been using Rolls Royces while the fathers of some people were still climbing trees and fighting for bananas.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by donprinyo(m): 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
shogsman:

Oh so you expect a 70 year old car to still look all shining, y'all jump at any chance to bash your country, well done.
Have u heard of classics b4
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by YorubaPrince: 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
fairfora:
No need to defend him but the fact remains, he reigned as a wealthy man. Search for his educational background before you voice your ignorance. I differ to believe you're a yoruba guy because its rare of intelligent ones amongst us to make such a baseless comment. He was a governor and as a governor there are benefits that come to you without stealing which you could be comfortable with. That's why it still baffles me how our present day governors would still steal the money belonging for bringing a new lease of life to the masses. You could stack your yard with the most expensive cars without stealing public funds while serving as governor. That said, Oba aderemi was highly educated and wealthy before he became king. Google would help further , if in doubt

@bolded. How's that possible if he's honest and transparent without any form of nepotism or favoritism? angry

You doubt me as a Yoruba cuz I say it the way it is without bias or sentiments. All you've succeeded at doing is rambling! He's educated and wealthy, blah, blah, blah... Where did he get that wealth from? He was a former Governor, OK, makes sense he stole as they normally do.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Kobicove(m): 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2019
It looks like the type that was used in the James Bond film "Goldfinger" smiley
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Baamm(m): 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
Look at the sad state of that beautiful piece of legacy... and the school will also come out and beat chest they have engineering profs and student.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Pearlyakin(m): 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2019
Ashley86400:

Did you read the post at all?
He gave the land in which OOU is built on.
And that was just a few things he did.
What more do you want?
Don't mind the mumu, he failed to read that the King was a wealthy king and he can afford to buy such car.

2 Likes

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by ForeThinker: 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2019
Dcaliphate:
it's nothing but a dead car....

a dead car of one of the dead leaders....

a dead leader of a dead nation that is as of this moment, in utter darkness, literally.

stone me if you will.

#Naked truth
#insideLife9ja

1 Like

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by byinks(f): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
YorubaPrince:

Yoruba goat. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2019
YorubaPrince:

@bolded. How's that possible if he's honest and transparent without any form of nepotism or favoritism? angry

You doubt me as a Yoruba cuz I say it the way it is without bias or sentiments. All you've succeeded at doing is rambling! He's educated and wealthy, blah, blah, blah... Where did he get that wealth from? He was a former Governor, OK, makes sense he stole as they normally do.
I've advised you google this monarch. You'd find out where he schooled and worked before becoming governor and the eventual king. I dont support nepotism and that's why I always come under attack of my people here. Pls check my archives on NL. There are some money that would come to governors and kings naturally without stealing. Those allowances permitted under the law, gifts from contractors without inflating contracts, gifts from politicians , royalties paid to them by expatriates who operate their businesses in their states or kingdom, etc. The security votes are always in excess and nobody asks them how they used them. After all these largesse, they still steal and that's bad. Having said that, aderemi in his time could have even got richer after becoming governor and king with those gifts, without stealing. In Lagos for instance, every corporate body on the island pays royalties to oba of lagos. That alone is enough to enrich him.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by damilola1978: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
shogsman:

It's called vintage for a reason.
let's do the right thing in this country, if you want to preserve an artifact, then make it look presentable. I mean just like Muritala Muhammed's car that is still being preserved in National museum.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
Lesson learnt... No need buying too much unnecessary material things. Everything is vanity
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by slaypapa: 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
This thing look like grinding machine
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by ejimatic: 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Oba Adesoji Aderemi was the Ooni the Oni of Ife from 1930 to 1980. He was also a political figure who also served as the governor of the Western Region of Nigeria between 1960 and 1962.

He was particularly noted for being a proponent of education for his subjects. For instance, he championed the promotion of education during his reign as Ooni. It was this sentiment that laid the foundation of Oduduwa College in January 1932.

However, one of his greatest legacy in respect of education during his reign was the foundation of the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo Unity). He championed the cause for the University to be located in Ile-Ife. He later went on to donate the land upon which the school is situated.

Oba Aderemi was a very wealthy and powerful monarch. He was also famous for owning some expensive automobiles. One of his automobile of note is a Rolls-Royce Phantom V.

As part of the 2019 Convocation exhibition, and as a tribute to the late Ooni, the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) has put up on display Oba Adesoji Aderemi’s Rolls Royce Phantom V. The car bears the number plate WF1. The convocation events hold from 11th to Saturday, 14th December 2019.

See below, photos of the Oba Adesoji Aderemi’s Rolls Royce Cadillac on display at the convocation ground.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/this-rolls-royce-is-on-display-at-the-obafemi-awolowo-university-convocation-photos/

Photo Credit: Refresh Documentary Lab @RefreshDoclab
. Oba Tadenikawo Adesoji Aderemi.....There should be a great museum within Ooni ' s palace for the relics of the late kings in Ife kingdom.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Isoduwa(m): 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
Where is the man now?
Where is the car now?

What I'm trying to say is that no matter how much you have you can't take it with you the Egyptian tried but failed
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Amudeneogu: 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
That was when we have kings in Nigeria when a king will talk and everywhere will shake
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Amudeneogu: 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
That was when we have kings in Nigeria. when a king will talk and everywhere will shake and everybody will listen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos / Nigerian Proverbs (in English) / Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.