Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It (7462 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A21s Review - Super Camera Upgrade + Bigger Battery And More... / Tecno Camon 15 – 48MP Quad Camera Review + Super Night Mode!!! / Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Androidking: 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

These are the kind of comments that makes it difficult for me to comprehend certain narratives and assumptions that pops out of the mind of nairalanders like you.

Sd439 is not up to the least mediatek chipset yet the only sd chipset infinix could use on their device was the sd425. And that device till date still cost over 60k on jumia.

you would pick the redmi 7 over the redmi 8, but would have bought the infinix s5 instead of the redmi 8...? Because the infinix s5 is a better device than the redmi 7 and redmi 8?

How do you people publicly make these kind of outrageous and ridiculous comments without paying attention to who is reading?

The sd439 on redmi 8 was manufactured using a better process, 12nm and the sd632 on redmi 7 was manufactured using a 14nm process.
Yet you are sighting the chipset of the redmi 8 as inferior to the redmi 7?

This is the second time redmi is using the sd439 on their lowend device but to you the chipset is being recycled?

The redmi 8 already has miui 11 based on android 9. How is the miui 10 annoying you on the redmi 8?

If the redmi 8 which has adreno 505 gpu and hd+ ips display, has a less appealing graphic processing mechanism to you. Is the infinix s5 a more better option due to your graphic desires?

The redmi 8 has better screen to body ratio, ppi and has gorilla glass 5 on the front over the redmi 7. But you sight the build of the redmi 7 as being better than the redmi 8?

Are you really serious right now or you want to comment with your account on nairaland seeing this is the first time you are posting here?

Is there a competition going on here on nairaland on who is the most ignorant and assumptions, that I don't know about?

The comments flying around these days here, if care is not applied. This forum will become an infestation of wayward, sentimental and ignorant entities, gallivanting all over making all sorts of dubious claims concerning things that are publicly available.

The only thing I see in ur comment is even if xiaomi use 2002 processor u will still praise, forget Infinix or transition its still a downgrade as far as the 8 is concern, that is y I think they supposed to name it differently. U watch d video review from the OP. May be to u, he is lying just because u so much believe in xiaomi, as far as that naming is concern xiaomi didn't do well. Its supposed to be called Redmi 7 air or 7 lite
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Chapelbeatz(m): 12:54am On Dec 14, 2019
harveybeaks:
I bless the day i discovered xiaomi thread.there is a reason people hype xiaomi. its over worth the hype. excess value for little money. will be getting redmi 8 next week after my redmi note 7 was stolen..

awwwwn
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 14, 2019
Ecpet83:
We are not talking about Redmi note 7 and note 8. What we are talking about is Redmi 7 and Redmi 8. Sincerely I prefare the Redmi 7 to the 8. I bought the Redmi 8 for my Oga on Monday and regretted. How can they be using that kind of cheap micro chip that is not even equal to the least mediatek to build a phone that is supposed to be an upgrade. This is what infinix and tecno are doing using recycled chips and then lying to us claiming the have camera. Infact, the colours, graphics and buit of the rm8 is too weak, and it runs on miui 10. If not that I greatly dislike Mediatek (tecno, infinix etc), I would have managed infinix s5
honestly you don't know anything and am sure you don't own a redmi phone...the Redmi 8 you call crap is a midrange in Hauwei phones and also is far better than the P22 and A22 "the likes of Tecno and infinix are selling to u...

I wonder why my oga above is still arguing u because u have clearly displayed your ignorance about Processors.. No point proving any stuff to you. Even a goat would would understand all He wrote abt the processors.. U think 12nm na joke abi
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by suco01(m): 3:29am On Dec 14, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Like I said "might". I won't be posting any pics. There is no need for that.
Two reasons I won't do that.
1 Two devices made from the same company, one is powered by the sd660 and has 2 camera lens without a dedicated macro lens and the other is powered by sd665 with 4 camera lenses and has a dedicated macro camera.

2 Yet the device with sd660 is both faster and takes better pictures than the one with sd665.
If I like I shoot pictures with samsung note 10+ and say na redmi note 8 and then shoot pictures with itel p33 and say na redmi note 7, you go still say redmi note 7 is better.

These reasons are why I won't bother.
Whatever you have seen or know about the redmi note 7 that makes you think it's anywhere close to redmi note 8 in terms of performance or camera quality, is really abnormal to me.

same baseless trash
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Playermayweda(m): 10:54am On Dec 14, 2019
kallmemrB:
honestly you don't know anything and am sure you don't own a redmi phone...the Redmi 8 you call crap is a midrange in Hauwei phones and also is far better than the P22 and A22 "the likes of Tecno and infinix are selling to u...

I wonder why my oga above is still arguing u because u have clearly displayed your ignorance about Processors.. No point proving any stuff to you. Even a goat would would understand all He wrote abt the processors.. U think 12nm na joke abi

Spot on sir, but i dunno who shipped the lie that the rn7 is better than the rn8, have they checked internet reviews, even the latter gpu is superior, but if someone says something on this forum, someone will blindly agree with such person just to feel among
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 14, 2019
Playermayweda:

Spot on sir, but i dunno who shipped the lie that the rn7 is better than the rn8, have they checked internet reviews, even the latter gpu is superior, but if someone says something on this forum, someone will blindly agree with such person just to feel among
that is the issue on Nairaland.. Oversabi professor plenty on Nairaland..

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2019
kallmemrB:

I bought two copies of the redmi 8. Blue and black, one for a friend one for a relative.
I personally updated the redmi 8 of the relative to miui 11 after seeing good reviews from redmi 8 users here concerning the redmi 8.
When I did update it, two things I did love about the new update.
Instead of 4G band showing on both sims when it's set to dual 4G. The 4G icon has been removed while both sims still retain the 4G connectivity.
The 4G icon has been reduced when data is turned on.
According to the user, since I updated the device to miui 11 the battery has gone from good to awesome. Though she doesn't play high graphic intense games on the device, she does all her work stuff with the device.
She barely calls me, but when she does, it's a friend of hers wants to buy the redmi 8..

I am delaying on telling the friend I bought the other redmi 8 for that there is an update, she lives a bit far from me. If I tell her, she would want the update too.

The black color is the 4/64
The blue color is the 3/32

Both bought in the space of a week. If not for the redmi k30 5G coming into the frey, I was going to buy another one as a gift for a loved one. But seeing how elegant and well built the redmi k30 5G is, the k30 became the priority.

I guess the redmi 8 must be really bad if I had to buy two in one week...
Look around nairaland, and see how many buyers who got the redmi 8 are here.

I try to speak from experience when talking about a device.
For the redmi 8, I have experience of both 3/32 and 4/64 variant...

Both devices are on miui 10.
Will hopefully send the screen shot of how the miui 11 look on a later time here.

So when I say the redmi 8 is awesome, take my word for it.

I am in support for all the redmi device being sold as at when typing this.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2019
Please note: should you be interested in getting the redmi 8. It does not support glo's 4G band when I last verified. If glo is your major/data sim, don't buy the redmi 8.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 14, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:
Please note: should you be interested in getting the redmi 8. It does not support glo's 4G band when I last verified. If glo is your major/data sim, don't buy the redmi 8.
but some area have band 3 in lagos

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
kallmemrB:
That's good. I don't use glo for anything though.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2019
Redmi 8 miui 11

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Ecpet83(m): 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
Oga researcher; you don yab me finish. I beg reduce your hand against me. I be Redmi fan like you OK, I just the vex say the Redmi 8 wey I buy no please me like 7 at all, because I was expecting a much higher spec. So no vex abeg, me no follow go vote buhari oh.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Kingmanny88(m): 11:20am On Dec 15, 2019
kallmemrB:
Thought Glo 4G worked on only band 28. Is it available on band 3 now?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kingmanny88:

Thought Glo 4G worked on only band 28. Is it available on band 3 now?
Yes in some areas.. But call 400, to activate ur glo 4G
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by iamNegro(m): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
Ecpet83:
Oga researcher; you don yab me finish. I beg reduce your hand against me. I be Redmi fan like you OK, I just the vex say the Redmi 8 wey I buy no please me like 7 at all, because I was expecting a much higher spec. So no vex abeg, me no follow go vote buhari oh.

I really hate back and forth argument about what is so basic. The peeps arguing have been going back and forth because of a poorly structured argument.

SD 439 is a downgrade to the SD 632 on the Redmi 7

Redmi 8 has all other advantages over the Redmi 7 of which are

Type C
Better build
faster charge
Corning Gorrilla glass 5
Bigger and better battery.

The sd439 used in redmi 8 is better than all the CPU ever used on Infinix and Techno phones save for the infinix zero 5 and so that ran with SD 636.

The issue of camera is somewhat subjective.
For a fact better CPU leads to better picture output so it is debatable that is the camera quality of redmi 7 compared to 8. Then the Redmi 8 comes with more camera lenses so it has its edge.

Redmi 8 production showed there was a shift in priority from hardcore users to light and medium users and is not necessarily a downgrade as was implied above.

The SD 439 can run all games but in low quality graphics setting and do not expect it to be as smooth as the Redmi 8.

Redmi 7 and Redmi 8 is a matter of priority.

This should have answered all the back and forth arguments

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2019
pls i need the pouch and screen guard for redmi 8. location is abuja
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Lifewithme: 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

For the redmi 8. According to xiaomi, the lowed segment of their mobile users demand were dominated by fans who wanted a device that would serve as a daily driver, that won't die due to low battery, that won't lag or feel over work when performing daily tasks and will be affordable even with all this in play. So in all honesty, a great device for a reasonable price.

The chipset on the redmi 8 is the 439, it's more battery efficient, supports as much cpu load as the chipset on the redmi 7 which is 632.

The biggest advantage of the sd439 over the 632 is this. It's less expensive and can be used on a device without the need to reproduce due to large demand.
That is why the redmi 8 and 8a uses the same sd439, which has boosted the purchase of the redmi 8 series globally for the redmi brand.

Without exaggeration, the redmi 8 is a lowend device with a midrange performance and with regards to build, a highend orientation.

The redmi 8 has specifications that are only available on highend xiaomi device.
Like the gorilla glass 5, usb type c port, sony highend 12mp main camera and an 18watts fast charge support.

Except when you dig deep, you won't find a difference in performance when comparing the redmi 8 to the redmi 7 in terms of performance.

But when both are held, there is no way you are picking the redmi 7 over the redmi 8. Except for sentimental attachment.

These being said. Due to the sales and relationship between xiaomi and qualcomm. I expect the redmi 9 to be powered by the sd636 when launched next year.

In other news, the redmi k30 has a 5G variant that costs below 150k.
So expect xiaomi and redmi brand to make enough sales for Qualcomm to help kick the prices of chipset down for incoming xiaomi/redmi devices in future.

This post is giving me hope for the phone I'm expecting.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:06am On Dec 16, 2019
harveybeaks:
pls i need the pouch and screen guard for redmi 8. location is abuja
Check the xiaomi store thread for those items, there are sellers there depending on your location.
For the screen guard, you can use the galaxy a10 or 10s I am not sure which one. One of those two was what I bought along the redmi 8.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2019
Ecpet83:
I am really sorry to hear that you got below your expectations for redmi 8.
You no do research before you buy am?
Na why I dey usually talk about personal observation and research. Phone no be wetin person dey buy every month or yearly.

You first use the redmi 7 before abi?
Now na, you dey use the redmi 8 right?

For people wey get plan to buy the redmi 8 and first dey use redmi 7 or any other device.
Abeg do a personal experience comparison between the redmi 7 and 8.
Tell us wetin you no like about the redmi 8 wey dey the redmi 7.
Many of us here know the good sides of the redmi 8 compared to the redmi 7.
I only had a few short time to compare the redmi 7 to the redmi 8.

The bad side na im dey important pass. So that buyers won't fall into the same void you are right now.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Puregold3(f): 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

I bought two copies of the redmi 8. Blue and black, one for a friend one for a relative.
I personally updated the redmi 8 of the relative to miui 11 after seeing good reviews from redmi 8 users here concerning the redmi 8.
When I did update it, two things I did love about the new update.
Instead of 4G band showing on both sims when it's set to dual 4G. The 4G icon has been removed while both sims still retain the 4G connectivity.
The 4G icon has been reduced when data is turned on.
According to the user, since I updated the device to miui 11 the battery has gone from good to awesome. Though she doesn't play high graphic intense games on the device, she does all her work stuff with the device.
She barely calls me, but when she does, it's a friend of hers wants to buy the redmi 8..

I am delaying on telling the friend I bought the other redmi 8 for that there is an update, she lives a bit far from me. If I tell her, she would want the update too.

The black color is the 4/64
The blue color is the 3/32

Both bought in the space of a week. If not for the redmi k30 5G coming into the frey, I was going to buy another one as a gift for a loved one. But seeing how elegant and well built the redmi k30 5G is, the k30 became the priority.

I guess the redmi 8 must be really bad if I had to buy two in one week...
Look around nairaland, and see how many buyers who got the redmi 8 are here.

I try to speak from experience when talking about a device.
For the redmi 8, I have experience of both 3/32 and 4/64 variant...

Both devices are on miui 10.
Will hopefully send the screen shot of how the miui 11 look on a later time here.

So when I say the redmi 8 is awesome, take my word for it.

I am in support for all the redmi device being sold as at when typing this.

Pls, how much did you get them nd where?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
Puregold3:

Pls, how much did you get them nd where?
Both at slot offline.
46500 for the 3/32.
48000 for the 4/64.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by drjprince: 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2019
Androidking:
Nice and honest review, the only problem with the phone is d name, they can't call it Redmi 8 when redmi 7 is much better,

With Redmi 7 u are sure of Android 10, better processor and GPU.
And can shoot video @60fps.. I don't know why d name it Redmi 8 when its a downgrade of Redmi 7....
as mentioned this phone has a processor better than all processors infinix/Tecno has used apart from the Snapdragon 636 in infinix zero 6 Get that into your head
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Androidking: 3:36pm On Dec 16, 2019
drjprince:
as mentioned this phone has a processor better than all processors infinix/Tecno has used apart from the Snapdragon 636 in infinix zero 6 Get that into your head

U know ur stupidly and obsession towards hating transition phone is making u to go mad, the topic is not Infinix vs xiaomi so I won't give u, ur madness unnecessary comparison, pls get busy with something better
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Puregold3(f): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2019
Androidking:

U know ur stupidly and obsession towards hating transition phone is making u to go mad, the topic is not Infinix vs xiaomi so I won't give u, ur madness unnecessary comparison, pls get busy with something better

I go with ya
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by Puregold3(f): 10:48am On Dec 30, 2019
I want to swap my New tecno spark 3 (2gb ram) plus 10k for redmin8 ??Anyone ?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by olaolurhemsy(m): 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
so when should we be expecting REDMI K30? since it's coming with 5g network
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by olaolurhemsy(m): 10:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
who can guess when REDMI 9 will be release because that the phone am waiting for....I Know it will support 5g network
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It by KoladeAkinlade(m): 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2020
Hi, bosses. I've been getting notifications to update my Redmi 8 lately. I'd like to know if I won't lose my files if I update. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked / How To Activate Airtel 4.6gb For N200 / Get Ur Cert & Key In Just 1 Minute!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.