Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? (58149 Views)

Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children / As I'm Enduring This, Am I Really Making My Children Better? / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by NickD(m): 4:52am On Dec 19, 2019
merahki:

I am not being liberated and all. But I have to say something. Please let us all stop selling and propagating the narrative that divorce is not an option
It has killed many, men and women
Nobody deserves to be in a union where they are really unhappy
Divorce is one of the options in a marriage’s life time or cycle

Dear OP, to you and every one who might be in a similar situation, divorce is an option
God does not want you trapped and unhappy, always remember this
Blessings

You just contradicted yourself by bringing God and divorce as an option in the same statement. It shows you don't read your Bible. God DOESN'T SUPPORT DIVORCE.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by phamyen123: 4:58am On Dec 19, 2019
I have read your article deeply, the points you mentioned in this article are helpful
http:///31P2yWs
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by CableWire: 5:13am On Dec 19, 2019
All these children littered around sef... You got one pregnant, I no sure say she don born and now, you are contemplating on marrying another..
Oya, kontinu...your village ancestors are furiiusl= drumming tesumole beatz for you and you are already out in the gallery.

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by LabDNA: 5:15am On Dec 19, 2019
merahki:

I am not being liberated and all. But I have to say something. Please let us all stop selling and propagating the narrative that divorce is not an option
It has killed many, men and women
Nobody deserves to be in a union where they are really unhappy
Divorce is one of the options in a marriage’s life time or cycle

Dear OP, to you and every one who might be in a similar situation, divorce is an option
God does not want you trapped and unhappy, always remember this
Blessings

So you'll keep marrying and divorcing until you find 'happiness'? So what happens to the kids, they'll grow up in broken homes like many idiotic and sadistic Nairalanders who are have no values and always quick to insult.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Isoduwa(m): 5:19am On Dec 19, 2019
My guy enter street and start balling no time

You are a wolf � you don't need anybody that's make you the strongest

All you need is happiness
You only live once you can't take it with you

Try and be saving for your baby 4uck them holes
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Candanyl: 5:28am On Dec 19, 2019
LabDNA:

So you'll keep marrying and divorcing until you find 'happiness'? So what happens to the kids, they'll grow up in broken homes like many idiotic and sadistic Nairalanders who are have no values and always quick to insult.

Yes that's the right thing to do.Do it until you get it right.its better for children to live in a peaceful environment with a single parent than live in an unsettled home with both parents.

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by LabDNA: 5:30am On Dec 19, 2019
Candanyl:

Yes that's the right thing to do.Do it until you get it right.its better for children to live in a peaceful environment with a single parent than live in an unsettled home with both parents.

Most children from such union can never be emotional balanced. Ask the professors of behavioral psychology and sociology.

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by maingwaest(f): 5:33am On Dec 19, 2019
thorpido:
There was something that attracted her to you before she got pregnant or was it just a booty call?
You were sitting together and laughing at a time,I believe.Something went wrong thereafter.
Did you lose interest in her?Did you stop giving her attention?
I think your wife is frustrated about something.Can you both sit to talk when the atmosphere is right?Can you try to rekindle the flame?

If you try and it doesn't work or your heart is really gone from this relationship,then maybe you both have to go separate ways.
You are married traditionally and if you want to break it,just ask the elders from her place what it takes to annul such.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by buzorcharles(m): 5:34am On Dec 19, 2019
Here comes the question: would it be considered a divorce if I quit this union and marry this new lady?

have u 2 signed any legal document? a graduate and dont know what a divorce mean. go take back that "LITTLE" u paid on her head and move on.

and next time focus on ur marriage and leave single ladies alone cos for ur "wife" to come to ur office to fight another lady means it's too much of ur randy act.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Viccisimua: 5:42am On Dec 19, 2019
Playstation1:
MGTOW....
@Op, Please Look Up To That Word On Google And Make A Good Decision About Ur Next Step/action.

For Those Of Us That Want To Live A Happy And Peaceful Live, MTGOW All The Way.

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by emmygod: 5:47am On Dec 19, 2019
marriage is not utopia..work for your marriage. every home leaks
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Plumville: 5:49am On Dec 19, 2019
You are not ready for marriage. What made her say those words to you? I mean couples say stuff to each other when angry so she could be reacting to what you said. But that doesn’t justify your’falling into the arms of another lady’ in any way. I really pity your wife. No one deserves an unstable man.
shugaboy6102:
thanks a lot. I remembered vividly one of the days we had an a bitter fight and she told me something that bruised my ego, between God and man she said that no woman in this life will ever fall for someone like me that am a useless and a worthless person. I am not a man that goes after women or looks outside but those words pierced me deeply and I didn't know when I fell into the arms of another woman. I did it out of ego but am falling for this woman
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by therajah: 5:53am On Dec 19, 2019
You are not married bros!!
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by unimagin: 6:01am On Dec 19, 2019
Nigerians are too blind and religiously myopic. OP's main question is whether they're legally married and all you nairaland toddlers are typing yes. Do you kids even know the meaning of the phrase "legally married'. OP you have not even attempted legal marriage talkless of being legally married. Legal marriage can only be done in Nigeria at 1. a government registered place of worship conducted by a clergy or 2. at court; registry marriage or popularly known as court marriage. And OP have not attempted any. Another form of marriage is traditional marriage. And traditional marriage can only be consummated when the dowry and all traditional rites has been fully paid and provided. And OP have not done that. He said they paid something on her head. So any girl a boy pay anything at all on her head is now married? Nawaoo. Well am not supporting OP to leave her and jump to another girl, NO especially because she has a kid for him, though the girl even told him to look for someone else as she look for another person, nobody here even pointed this. OP my advise is you should try your possible best to make the relationship work again and if it does work again then get married because you're not married yet to her and is wrong. But if the relationship is practically irreconcilable, my dear you're free to look for your happiness.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Fxwarrior: 6:02am On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:
thanks a lot. I remembered vividly one of the days we had an a bitter fight and she told me something that bruised my ego, between God and man she said that no woman in this life will ever fall for someone like me that am a useless and a worthless person. I am not a man that goes after women or looks outside but those words pierced me deeply and I didn't know when I fell into the arms of another woman. I did it out of ego but am falling for this woman

Who are the 12 mofos that liked this shit.
Come closer.

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 19, 2019
Ishilove:

Yes you are, in the eyes of God and man. If you want to dissolve the union, return her bride price and other customary requirements. If you don't do this and you remarry, you're a polygamist.
who will now marry her 2nd hand wife . Marriage is for better and for worst situation. Will you allow your son to marry a divorcee?

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 19, 2019
Don't envy us for one thing that make most men single is MONEY.

Money stop's shit from anyone around you...when they say nonesense you shut them up with money.............
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Burggerxbabe: 6:14am On Dec 19, 2019
Swallow your pride and talk to her, tell her you would love to work everything out. You both should write down what y’all are worried about in the relationship and talk it all out, It helps. And as y’all are talk try and hold her hand and look into her eyes as she’s talking , concentrate!!
You should know that once a baby comes into the picture a whole lot of things changed, you may no longer give her as much attention as before,or call her from work, complement her or even kiss her randomly like before. I’m sure you don’t. pick a day to take her away from home, away from your baby if she’s older than a year. Spend time together to appreciate your efforts so far instead of laying blames and at the end of the day make love to her, not the normal 5 minutes oo , try to last longer I’m sure pack of Sex is also making her think you are getting it somewhere else. Assure her that she’s the one from time to time and NEVER bring home a female colleague , how would you feel if she brought home a colleague, stop making her feel insecure. Ask yourself do you still love her postpartum body or do you make her feel like she’s done for. Stop making her feel like she’s living with just a roommate, once you start making her feel she’s the Queen again she will never stop treating you like her King. It’s all about understanding,endurance, love and respect. What you give is what you get. Throw away that pride and let her talk to you calmly. Except you feel a new p**sy is the answer just wait until this one births another baby for you�
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Midas01: 6:24am On Dec 19, 2019
Why won't you heed to the one that is telling you to dissolve your marriage that your wife wants to kill you. Lmao. Excuse giver.
shugaboy6102:
thanks a million. You advice will be headed
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:
Really am not talking even based on the new lady I met, what am asking is are we legally married? and if so do we keep enduring each other and for how long. Should I stay with her out of convenience because of what people in my church will say, my neighbours, friends, colleagues etc. Do we keep tolerating when we both know it was out of passion and youthful exuberance that landed us both in this. Oh God help me because my life is in a mess I hope someone understands me

Pally calm down now....you are unnecessarily been hard on yourself. Take a break from the house, women and the worries of life at least for 3months inspiration and direction will come your way
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Midas01: 6:26am On Dec 19, 2019
Jeff Bezos the world's richest man had issues in hospital marriage for several years before finally divorcing. So when you people talk about shutting people up with money I wonder how much you really have that you want to shut people up with.
Chibukings111:
Don't envy us for one thing that make most men single is MONEY.

Money stop's shit from anyone around you...when they say nonesense you shut them up with money.............
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Kay25(m): 6:29am On Dec 19, 2019
[quote author=shugaboy6102 post=84852773]This is my story and I will appreciate if the mods can push it to front page so that others can read and learn from me, and I also need your honest comments and advice because you could be saving a drowning man.

I Am 29 years of age, a civil engineer by profession and a sanguine by temperament. Before my youth service @ age 24 I got my girl friend pregnant and I was scared of abortion so we decided to keep the baby with the full support of my mother and she agreed because I was an only son. After that, we proceeded to see her people with my mum and relatives to my girl friends village and we paid something on her head but didn't complete the whole traditional right, but this was not even the traditional wedding proper.

After that we saw ourselves as husbands and wife and we were living fine for sometime. After sometime, the relationship took a different turn as we were always fighting and didn't agree on even the slightest matter. I remember vividly one occasion we fought over a female colleague @ work who sent me a whatsapp message and why we fought was that she came to my work place and fought the young lady openly embarrassing me in the process in front of everyone.

There were times I would try to reconcile but she would blatantly refused, sometimes she will tell me she is fed up of this thing we call marriage and that she's looking for someone that I too should look for someone else.

Fast-forward I met a lady and one thing led to another and I started picking interest in her. It was never my intention to be with another woman but I don't have peace of mind and I feel I am loosing my mind.

Note: I haven't wedded in a church before or done a full traditional marriage. Here comes the question: would it be considered a divorce if I quit this union and marry this new lady?

I am full of unhappiness and pain and I don't want to live a life of endurance and pity. Pls nobody should pressure you into getting married, marriage is not a license to live a happy life. If you are single, I envy you.Another marriage another trouble every marriage has its own palaver why not try work out the one you have and get result ..abi no be woman u won marry again? do the needful and stop being smart get married properly and confess your love to her.if it keeps rolling in your mind that she bi u have kuku not married her legally u will keep seeing reasons to leave the marriage.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by mukthar2000(m): 6:29am On Dec 19, 2019
I remember
vividly one occasion we fought over a female colleague @
work who sent me a whatsapp message and

There were times I would try to reconcile but she would
blatantly refused, sometimes she will tell me she is fed up
of this thing we call marriage and that she's looking for
someone that I too should look for someone else.

Guy u are the whole problem of urself, u don't no how to handle that lady maturely and I believe u cheated on her that make her tell u vividly that she fed up with the marriage and u quickly accept her talk to look for another lady for the fact that u humanized and cheat on her,Guy compose urself and sake for her forgiveness then u have ur happy home, another lady is not the best oppion here.

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by JUO(m): 6:33am On Dec 19, 2019
More trouble for you believe me, you are having issues with and you want add another one graveyard straight
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by DenreleDave(m): 6:33am On Dec 19, 2019
lovchalice:
Ungrateful man. Marry another person and it will be from frying pan to fire. Rubbish

Heys, how he is ungrateful Pls??
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by agent01(m): 6:34am On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:
This is my story and I will appreciate if the mods can push it to front page so that others can read and learn from me, and I also need your honest comments and advice because you could be saving a drowning man.

I Am 29 years of age, a civil engineer by profession and a sanguine by temperament. Before my youth service @ age 24 I got my girl friend pregnant and I was scared of abortion so we decided to keep the baby with the full support of my mother and she agreed because I was an only son. After that, we proceeded to see her people with my mum and relatives to my girl friends village and we paid something on her head but didn't complete the whole traditional right, but this was not even the traditional wedding proper.

After that we saw ourselves as husbands and wife and we were living fine for sometime. After sometime, the relationship took a different turn as we were always fighting and didn't agree on even the slightest matter. I remember vividly one occasion we fought over a female colleague @ work who sent me a whatsapp message and why we fought was that she came to my work place and fought the young lady openly embarrassing me in the process in front of everyone.

There were times I would try to reconcile but she would blatantly refused, sometimes she will tell me she is fed up of this thing we call marriage and that she's looking for someone that I too should look for someone else.

Fast-forward I met a lady and one thing led to another and I started picking interest in her. It was never my intention to be with another woman but I don't have peace of mind and I feel I am loosing my mind.

Note: I haven't wedded in a church before or done a full traditional marriage. Here comes the question: would it be considered a divorce if I quit this union and marry this new lady?

I am full of unhappiness and pain and I don't want to live a life of endurance and pity. Pls nobody should pressure you into getting married, marriage is not a license to live a happy life. If you are single, I envy you.
You are married even though you have not been joined together in church as you have already married her in your heart before the misunderstanding. You and your wife can still settle the issue as there is no perfect marriage anywhere on this earth. As two of you get to understand one another better, definitely things will change. The new lady you just met can be more worse than your wife; and I hope you won't regret as woman are the same. I will advice you to think and practice how things will work out between you and your wife. You are too young to start regretting your actions.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Jabioro: 6:35am On Dec 19, 2019
She is going to learn on a hard way..she will be remarried to a dumb man while she dumb her finest early relationship due to lack of impatient and you will be forever be hurting for what you didn't do..Still talk to her if all avenues has be exhausted then wash hand off her and make a new life..
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by dalass(f): 6:36am On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:
Really am not talking even based on the new lady I met, what am asking is are we legally married? and if so do we keep enduring each other and for how long. Should I stay with her out of convenience because of what people in my church will say, my neighbours, friends, colleagues etc. Do we keep tolerating when we both know it was out of passion and youthful exuberance that landed us both in this. Oh God help me because my life is in a mess I hope someone understands me

Please stay and fix whatever is wrong. You both consented to that union and 5 years you're fed up. You both married young and quite immature too. So its the building stage, its gonna be rough and tough but the tough must get going. She's your wife! Yes and the mother of your kids. Leave the new lady, you wan chop and clean mouth again. Its an adulterous relationship. That's what it is

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by obstead200(m): 6:44am On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:
She's 25 now
I thought u said she was pregnant?

In all these ur talk, nobody mentioned the baby. Is the baby not relevant in the equation?

Without hearing her own side of the matter, I think u are irresponsible.

Whether u are legally married or not is irrelevant.
U got her pregnant. There is now a baby involved. U can't just walk away. Ur problems are small. Stay and fix it. Am sure a large part of the blame is also urs. Work on urself and find common grounds with her

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by millionboi2: 6:47am On Dec 19, 2019
Teaveapoet:
what if i say its too early to think you have met a new person.and what to settle down with her? you say this lady that has a child for you was your girlfriend, definitely things were going well before she got pregnant. why don't you sit her down and counsel her or both of you should meet a counselor or elders in your family. i don't see divorce as an option here and marrying another wife is more like double trouble.
Counsel her as if u women listen.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by TruthSpeaker: 6:47am On Dec 19, 2019
shugaboy6102:

Forget about what people in your church will say for God’s sake. Live your life the way it pleases you, the church shouldn’t be a factor. If you say there is no more affection between you both and your baby mama suggested you guys separate and find new partners, what else do you want? Like you said you are not married, so the issue of divorce can not even arise. It is a matter of discontinuing living together, while you go ahead with your new partner if you think she is what you need right now.
Re: Should I Keep Enduring In This Supposed Marriage? by Burggerxbabe: 6:48am On Dec 19, 2019
Sirvingeo:

who will now marry her 2nd hand wife . Marriage is for better and for worst situation. Will you allow your son to marry a divorcee?
other men will , even ladies with 4 to 5 children remarry .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ekiti Man And His Oyinbo Wife Step Out In Style (Photos) / Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Wife's Infidelity; Please Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.