Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,957 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) (51039 Views)

When A Deadbeat Dad Gets Old And Weary. / Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:22am On Dec 13, 2019
There is nothing new in what the OP did, it has been there since time immemorial.

Just read through, OP it looks like there is a lot you didn't capture in your post. Whichever way, I am indifferent about deadbeat parents.

3 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by TheFacelessMan: 10:23am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
When will he apologize to your mum? Or have you forgotten that part? You've forgotten why you didn't care about him? Another bro code moment. Maybe you've found yourself maltreating women, too, so now it's okay. Or maybe all those cars and houses you mentioned have to do with it.

You sound very bitter and a father-hater. I can easily guess you had a deadbeat dad.

Stop pouring your frustrations and trying to discourage the OP's re-conciliatory efforts towards his Dad.

No one was there and only a fool would believe that the Mum would be 100% honest about her shortcomings to her kids.

People lie blatantly when giving accounts during a fight. It is always best to assume both sides had their own share of guilt.

5 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Martinez39(m): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2019
Belafonte:

Spot on.

For them it's always about some Machiavellian scheme and competition with nobody competing with them.

They are neurotic.
Don't mind them.
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BrutusOj(m): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2019
KanuSE:

Lol cheesy, don't mind BRATISLAVA he/she needs a good treat. grin
Walahi..that lady sounds so pained like she is a single mom suffering all alone. This forum is a place to learn alot from other people, like the Op became a changed man due to a nice quote here. So many bitter souls here trying so hard to harden the minds of other ladies who naturally soft at heart. Bad influence is written all over her posts since.
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by DMerciful(m): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2019
Blood is thicker than water. You dont expect your kids to hate their father forever as a way of solidarity. It's a burden to them too and they cant live their lives like that. If you cannot forgive the father of your children, then deal with it!
TheArchangel:

This guy was single handedly raised by his mother while his father was wallowing in wealth. Now he is demonising his mother for the neglect he suffered from his father. I don't get it.

Most Nigerian women will most certainly prefer to cry in Benz than to wallow in poverty but your mother choose the safe option for her sanity and kid's sake. If you want to make peace with your father, kindly go ahead but do not belittle the sufferings of your mother to appease your conscience.

Imagine after the marital abandonment, I risked being demonised by the kids I suffered for embarassed

I hate abortion but this thread is making me to lean towards pro-choice.
Ladies beware shocked shocked. If you have had the babies already, start keeping tabs, school fees receipts, messages sent to him for assistances, your child's memorable moments on videos, the time he was contacted for his helps and the excuses he gave. Whether justifiable or not, put it down somewhere.
Keep a ledger of the financial helps you received from him.
Let your evidence fight for you before they use your sufferings to demonize you.

3 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
didn't the man forget him totally for life?
..Let's not allow emotions becloud our senses of reasoning.Will you still say the same thing if the story was turned around? That's him going to reconcile with the mum assuming she was the one that abandoned them?.Life is full of mysteries and we should all try as much as possible to erase bitterness from our souls.
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Martinez39(m): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

You sound very bitter and a father-hater. I can easily guess you had a deadbeat dad.

Stop pouring your frustrations and trying to discourage the OP's re-conciliatory efforts towards his Dad.

No one was there and only a fool would believe that the Mum would be 100% honest about her shortcomings to her kids.

People lie blatantly when giving accounts during a fight. It is always best to assume both sides had their own share of guilt.
Spot on! They are acting like women can do no wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BRATISLAVA: 10:26am On Dec 13, 2019
Martinez39:
Op only mentioned his mother suffered. He did not specify anything. What abuse are you talking about? You don't know the full story yet you have implied, in your posts, that his father is a ravenous and remorseless beast and you speak like you are sure and you were present when some virtually unforgivable and egregious treatment was meted to the mother by the father. Of course, it is expected of you to think this way after all, the feminist koolaid is a toxic and potent one.
learn to stop hating women. I didn't read a word of this your mention because you have a mantra: women are nothing/useless/manipulators/the problem of your life. Automatically, you must spew that stuff and not really interested in reading that sentiment You believe if people don't agree with your indoctrination in MGTOW, then they are women. Yes, we are. All of us. Now, what next?

12 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by KanuSE: 10:26am On Dec 13, 2019
Angelfrost:

...And the men are clearly wrong!!! Societally and Religiously!!!

It's one of our many failings as a society. In saner climes, you pay in cash for your absenteeism as a father.

As if the cash makes up for the fatherly love & companionship. Y'all continue to forget that when the payments stop as a result of the child coming of an adult age, we're then back to the main subject - emptiness and missed innocent childhood.

Please gain wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BrutusOj(m): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that bitter soul since here. Chai, who will live with such a bitter lady?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by iammiracle1(m): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2019
IceColdVeins:
Dont be quick to judge.
I am the only one at loggerheads with my dad, my other siblings are not. And I neevr demonised my mom, I love her and I have showered my care on her. I'm just trying to make peace within myself and make the family balanced. MY mom and dad are still together and happier than before. But the wounds dont ever heal.

OP which kian half half story be this abeg? Go and re edit your initial post, your parents are. still together? Your siblings are cool with him? How then did he abandon you? And build houses and buy cars? while he was still married to your mum, meaning they enjoyed the loot together even though he could have one better, I know a man whose father rather buys houses and and enjoys himself while he sent them to public schools and they barely had any good clothes or so, is that your own type of issue? I don't understand again...most ppl commented on the basis of your father abandoning you and you looking for his money now...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BRATISLAVA: 10:29am On Dec 13, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

uh huh. Whatever makes you happy. You sound like you had a deadbeat mother, too. She frustrated you in many ways you dare not reveal. You sound like a mother-hater I can tell that from the frustrated bitterness you are pouring on me. Only a fool would believe a father would be 100% honest about his short comings to his kids.

13 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Ghostfaze(m): 10:30am On Dec 13, 2019
Would you rather he breaks than make?
Would you rather he go throw some punches on his father and that will bring peace?

Do you care more about reconciliation or retaliation?

What positive change has the years of silent war effected?

When you forgive you plant love, and that tree of forgiveness and love will grow and bear fruits that even those who are most unworthy will hunger to taste.

That’s how to weaken evil. Every darkness has a suppressed light. Help strengthen the suppressed light by becoming a light yourself and the darkness will disappear.

So now that you heard his side it has justified the cruel treatment to your mother that you said made her to suffer? What do your unborn children have to do with his unkindness to your mother?. Problem is that many men do evil to their wives not knowing that the people who will never forgive them are the children. The way your unborn children will have nothing to do with this is if you treat your future wife well. I have no pity for men who do evil and get abandoned by their kids. This is why abuse in any form is foolishness, because it is the children who will suffer it not even the spouse you want to hurt. His side means nothing. The oppressors do not need sympathy except from fellow oppressors. And yes, it will be taken as a pat on the back. Loyal or disloyal, nobody deserves to be abused . Just divorce. Don't torture yourself and kids.
[/quote]
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by KanuSE: 10:30am On Dec 13, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
..Let's not allow emotions becloud our senses of reasoning.Will you still say the same thing if the story was turned around? That's him going to reconcile with the mum assuming she was the one that abandoned them?.Life is full of mysteries and we should all try as much as possible to erase bitterness from our souls.

BRATISLAVA go hear am today...lol cheesy
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:31am On Dec 13, 2019
Graxie:
This is why I hate single motherhood, I can never raise up kids by myself alone except due to widowhood. God will not even allow me to be one. Every single mother should read this thread and wake up, you will raise this kids alone and they will go in search of their father. Some will even claim you manipulated them. Wake up and seek for child support from sperm donor, even if it means going public. Don't waste your life for nothing. Better still, go and drop those kids for your sperm donor family. Be wise.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Mad one @ use of sperm donor grin

6 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Omakraid(f): 10:32am On Dec 13, 2019
IceColdVeins:
Dont be quick to judge.
I am the only one at loggerheads with my dad, my other siblings are not. And I neevr demonised my mom, I love her and I have showered my care on her. I'm just trying to make peace within myself and make the family balanced. MY mom and dad are still together and happier than before. But the wounds dont ever heal.
Op clarify these and edit your initial post cos your post has brought out all sorts of judgment from Nairaland court of law. Edit your post and let everyone understand the message you are trying to pass.. Not everyone read through all pages and not everyone will see the above. Let's not misguide others
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by TheFacelessMan: 10:32am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
uh huh. Whatever makes you happy. You sound like you had a deadbeat mother, too. You sound like a mother-hater I can tell that from the frustrated bitterness you are pouring on me. Only a fool would believe a father would be 100% honest about his short comings to his kids.

LOL. I love my mum. I am proudly a mother's boy grin grin grin

I love my Dad as well. I got full dose on both sides.

Obviously you grew up broken and the pain makes you lash out. The venom is there for all to see. Sorry about your "deadbeat" dad, maybe you should listen to him, maybe your mum lied about him.

I truly feel your pain. ALL your comments show 100% pure bitterness and jealousy that the OP ended the family feud.

End it so that the next generation doesn't suffer same. CIAO

3 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Martinez39(m): 10:33am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
when did the truth become malicious? Op specified his mother suffered, if only you didn't hate women(due to the messages preached to you in the RP movement) you might have seen that
Of course, he said his mum suffered but do you know how she suffered and why she suffered? Do you even know for certain the shortcomings of the mother? You didn't think these through instead you readily jumped on the bandwagon of men-hating simpletons and whiners. Whether you like it or not, the op had reconciled with his father and nothing can change that. I also believe that in the future, more people will start thinking for themselves and giving their parent, father or mother, the benefit of doubt and hear stories of both sides. Good day.

5 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:35am On Dec 13, 2019
Martinez39:
Of course, he said his mum suffered but do you know how she suffered and why she suffered? Do you even know for certain the shortcomings of the mother? You didn't these through instead you readily jumped on the bandwagon of men-hating simpletons and whiners. Whether you like it or not, the op had reconciled with his father and nothing can change that. I also believe that in the future, more people will start thinking for themselves and giving their parent, father or mother, the benefit of doubt and hear stories of both sides. Good day.

Don't act like you care about the mothers, you don't.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by luminouz(m): 10:36am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
everything becomes emotional once you see the logic in apologizing to your oppressor. Your emotional standpoint that all women become unruly when their husbands are poor is your experience. I get that as men you must stand with men, but put that sentiment aside. So because he is going through hell he should put you through hell and later you will respect the hell he gave you because you are now a man/father and he was right? Let's hear something new that isn't male sentiment and retrogressive. You give too many excuses for terrible fatherhood
You don vex?
The first way to healing is to forgive and forget but clearly you still hurt inside. The fact is so long you're born into this world,you're on your own. Your father was meant to be a dad bit he messer up. That hurts but then there are those without fathers(almajiris in the north especially) who decided to strive and make it against all odds. I decided long ago to look at life from a perspective that my happiness and success rest on my shoulders,not someone else. So no matter how bad I was hurt(and I have been hurt like you will never believe),I forgive them and move on. Talking to him and relating with him after such evil deeds hurts him more than you. It means you have progressed to the point of looking at the future,not the past. You are not little anymore,are you? Why does his deed ghosts still haunt you? Holding in such pain damages you more than him. He is old already while you're still young. Dont let animosity ruin your own future.

Humans are humans,flawed and limited. Dont put your whole trust in them.

One love

3 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Gordieshegz(m): 10:37am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

Men only love their fathers because of red pill movements and because they usually become the monster of their childhood in later life.
So you think mother's only nag? Do you know if fathers nag? With the way men complain about almost everything about women from coming to cleaning, who do you think nags most? Even when mother's are bread winners, at the end of the day comes underserved love and respect for a man who prioritized other things over his family. Because people need to recognize fathers. Whatever that means.
I've noticed a lot of hatred for dead beat mother's and love for dead beat fathers. Why? Sexual bigotry. Nothing less. Nothing more. All I see are ungrateful kids. They always think their mothers are evil when they've grown up and swallowed the pills, and that they need to see things from his side, even when he abandoned them or abused them. Men don't suck in emotions; they are downright bitchy too. That is why they take it out on their families by being absentee fathers. If women dared to try this...! And yet, the children always look for them. Not because they are good. But because society has made even evil men have a side. Even murderous men have a side. As if evil is justified simply by fatherhood because if you don't apologize to him you will suffer. Fear.

Sister, I can relate with the sense in your argument. However, we need to consider some reality checks.

Take for instance, how do you think ANDRE will react to CHURCHILL when he grew up to realise all TONTO did to his father? Hid him from his father's reach and frustrated his father's attempts to show some care?

Many single mothers are worse than Tonto and they manipulate their wards with lies garnished with emotions. They were never faulty in their own ways, just the husbands.

This post is not to justify the stupidity demonstrated towards wives by some insensitive husbands though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BRATISLAVA: 10:38am On Dec 13, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

LOL. I love my mum. I am proudly a mother's boy grin grin grin

I love my Dad as well. I got full dose on both sides.

Obviously you grew up broken and the pain makes you lash out. The venom is obvious. Sorry about your deadbeat dad, maybe you should listen to him, maybe your mum lied about him.

I truly feel your pain. ALL your comments show it 100% pure bitterness. End it so that the next generation doesn't suffer same. CIAO
Why is it that when people laugh out loud they try their best to conceal their pains? Reeks of lies. It's what you say versus what I say. I still believe what I last sent to you.
I do not have a deadbeat dad. He is exemplary. There are people who got married because they loved our family dynamic. I simply hate to see families torn apart, and then you know it's from the man but you've convinced yourself that he is a man and that women are nags. This is not true. I used to think the women were the problem, then I realized that most women put a lot into their families but the men get the recognition and they are put down instead.

2 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Angelfrost(m): 10:39am On Dec 13, 2019
KanuSE:

As if the cash makes up for the fatherly love & companionship. Y'all continue to forget that when the payments stop as a result of the child coming of an adult age, we're then back to the main subject - emptiness and missed innocent childhood.

Please gain wisdom.

Please, I did not endorse either societal approach.

My point here is that at least certain societies make a case for it, and make efforts to discipline the erring parent. Unlike some societies that accept and endorse it as normal.

You can't compel fatherly love and companionship. You can only counsel and re-orient (Which is part of what this thread is all about).

2 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BRATISLAVA: 10:40am On Dec 13, 2019
Gordieshegz:

Sister, I can relate with the sense in your argument. However, we need to consider some reality checks.

Take for instance, how do you think ANDRE will react to CHURCHILL when he grew up to realise all TONTO did to his father? Hid him from his father's reach and frustrated his father's attempts to show some care?

Many single mothers are worse than Tonto and they manipulate their wards with lies garnished with emotions. They were never faulty in their own ways, just the husbands.

This post is not to justify the stupidity demonstrated towards wives by some insensitive husbands though.
Thankfully you get my point. I'm not saying women are angels, but most of these family issues are caused by men full of the stubborn male ego who believe they can never apologize and that they are always right.

3 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by LadySarah: 10:40am On Dec 13, 2019
sdavirus:

You call taking care of your child slaving? Does it matter what happens in the future? Your child remains your child, whether the other is useless or not. Are you doing it for yourself or another?

Humans are amazing.

Your Opinion your business.
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Martinez39(m): 10:42am On Dec 13, 2019
pocohantas:

Don't act like you care about the mothers, you don't.
I care about both genders and I hate the unfair treatment of anything gender. If all a child knows about the mother or father are things that they were told, they should seek out information by themselves and hear both sides of the story. I might appear to care about the father only because in almost all cases (I personally estimate 99% from experience), fathers are the victims of parental alienation and women are usually manipulators using their children as pawns in such instances. I, Martinez39, support equality rights, equal opportunities, and fair treatment of genders. Because a mother brought up a child doesn't mean the child shouldn't establish a connection with the father and the same applies if the genders are switched.

Parents must embrace the maturity of leaving children out of their quarrels and disagreement.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by KanuSE: 10:43am On Dec 13, 2019
Angelfrost:

Please, I did not endorse either societal approach.

My point here is that at least certain societies make a case for it, and make efforts to discipline the erring parent. Unlike some societies that accept and endorse it as normal.

You can't compel fatherly love and companionship. You can only counsel and re-orient (Which is part of what this thread is all about).

My argument is that this young man is trying to salvage what's left of his family (fatherly love) the missed moments etc - hope you gerrit?
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by TheFacelessMan: 10:43am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

Why is it that when people laugh out loud they try their best to conceal their pains? Reeks of lies. It's what you say versus what I say. I still believe what I last sent to you.
I do not have a deadbeat dad. He is exemplary. There are people who got married because they loved our family dynamic. I simply hate to see families torn apart, and then you know it's from the man but you've convinced yourself that he is a man and that women are nags. This is not true. I used to think the women were the problem, then I realized that most women put a lot into their families but the men get the recognition and they are put down instead.

Nothing from my posts show misogyny. Everything about you reeks of father hatred. Read your own posts slowly.

No matter how you hide it. Hear the side of your dad. Maybe the cycle of hatred would stop.

From my first mention, anyone with minimal IQ would see clearly I said BOTH SIDES MIGHT HAVE THEIR SHARE OF GUILT.

Only an abject fool would listen to one side of the story and hurriedly jump to conclusions that it is the gospel truth.

Good luck about your dad.

PS - Mothers and Fathers are great. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by ShitStain(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2019
Some stupid feminist are shamelessly displaying their foolishness here.so the OP reconciling with his father after so many years have now become a bad thing?...bunch of stewpid idiats!
OP don't mind them abeg...you have done the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BRATISLAVA: 10:44am On Dec 13, 2019
luminouz:

You don vex?
The first way to healing is to forgive and forget but clearly you still hurt inside. The fact is so long you're born into this world,you're on your own. Your father was meant to be a dad bit he messer up. That hurts but then there are those without fathers(almajiris in the north especially) who decided to strive and make it against all odds. I decided long ago to look at life from a perspective that my happiness and success rest on my shoulders,not someone else. So no matter how bad I was hurt(and I have been hurt like you will never believe),I forgive them and move on. Talking to him and relating with him after such evil deeds hurts him more than you. It means you have progressed to the point of looking at the future,not the past. You are not little anymore,are you? Why does his deed ghosts still haunt you? Holding in such pain damages you more than him. He is old already while you're still young. Dont let animosity ruin your own future.

Humans are humans,flawed and limited. Dont put your whole trust in them.

One love

Why would I be vexed? I am just worried at how easily we permit bad behavior from fathers then go on to repeat it. This permission is only because he is the father, not for any logical reason. I don't see why a man would be so wicked to the OP to the point where he can't mention it, but because he is afraid it will happen to him he is apologizing to the oppressor. It cannot happen to him if he cares for his own wife and family. This is the new age, we can't keep at old crude family methods and expect love. It's a pity that Africans rever even the most wicked men. Out there you kick them out of your life and move on.

6 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:45am On Dec 13, 2019
ibkayee:
I’m kind of annoyed that you even apologised

It is okay that he apologised, but his father's response shows no remorse on his own part. Looks like the response of a man who feels he can do no wrong. Na him sabi sha...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? / I Am Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.