Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) (50977 Views)

When A Deadbeat Dad Gets Old And Weary. / Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Omakraid(f): 10:45am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

Thankfully you get my point. I'm not saying women are angels, but most of these family issues are caused by men full of the stubborn male ego who believe they can never apologize and that they are always right.
In one of the Op's post, he said he is the only one at loggerheads with his dad. His siblings and mum are cool with him asides the Op himself...

1 Like

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by KanuSE: 10:45am On Dec 13, 2019
BrutusOj:
Walahi..that lady sounds so pained like she is a single mom suffering all alone. This forum is a place to learn alot from other people, like the Op became a changed man due to a nice quote here. So many bitter souls here trying so hard to harden the minds of other ladies who naturally soft at heart. Bad influence is written all over her posts since.

People like BRATISLAVA are bad losers...grin

Easy to spot. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by WriterX(m): 10:47am On Dec 13, 2019
kallmemrB:
That's nice.... Some parents don't deserve any relationship with them.. Just forgive and move on

Even deadbeat fathers have levels ... Some are just total deadbeat that won't have an iota of care for the children left behind.... The Op is healing for himself not his family or mother... Am sure there will still be some resentment... Just 6yrs ain't much.. Imagine if he's gone for 20-30yrs.pls what relationship is there to build. There's no way he will fit into ur life

reminds me of my dad , abandoned my sister and i at age one and age three respectively , came back home like four years ago with some really bad behavior , I don't see him as a father neither do I communicate often I have tried but there's nothing there for us , he knows that and doesn't push his luck , I have worked and will continue to work harder daily to ensure my kids don't go through what I went through because a father abandoned his responsibilities.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 13, 2019
The only reason that a woman will keep a child away from the father is irreconcilable differences and the truth is there’s nothing beyond mediation.

Ego is just a big factor. Both thinking how can I go and beg.

It takes willing parties I have made some decisions that have healed wounds between families and still gotten treated worse than I deserve but will I keep a man from his child ? No but I will tell children everything they need to know to understand life is not the same experience for everyone build your relationship with your father but don’t have high expectations like me.

We are all human

2 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by ibkayee(f): 10:47am On Dec 13, 2019
I’m kind of annoyed that you even apologised

6 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BRATISLAVA: 10:48am On Dec 13, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Nothing from my posts show misogyny. Everything about you reeks of father hatred. Read your own posts slowly.

No matter how you hide it. Hear the side of your dad. Maybe the cycle of hatred would stop.

From my first mention, anyone with minimal IQ would see clearly I said BOTH SIDES MIGHT HAVE THEIR SHARE OF GUILT.

Only an abject fool would listen to one side of the story and hurriedly jump to conclusions that it is the gospel truth.

Good luck about your dad.

PS - Mothers and Fathers are great. wink
and you know everything about me because of posts? What is there to hide? You take nairalamd too serious. I stick by what I said about you. You should iron out your issue with your mother and the other females in your. You sound bitter about anything that you feel is against men. You can call me a father hater if it helps you reconcile. Good luck with the females.

4 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Martinez39(m): 10:48am On Dec 13, 2019
pocohantas:

Naso.
I know you will not believe me because in your mind Martinez39 is a hater of the female gender. Have a wonderful day and keep hating. grin
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BRATISLAVA: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2019
KanuSE:

People like BRATISLAVA are bad losers...grin

Easy to spot. cool

How can you tell this, if not through assumptions? You are the worst loser. You support bad behaviors in men. And for that, I don't value your input.

2 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Omakraid(f): 10:50am On Dec 13, 2019
IceColdVeins:
Dont be quick to judge.
I am the only one at loggerheads with my dad, my other siblings are not. And I neevr demonised my mom, I love her and I have showered my care on her. I'm just trying to make peace within myself and make the family balanced. MY mom and dad are still together and happier than before. But the wounds dont ever heal.
BRATISLAVA see this..

1 Like

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by luminouz(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2019
Ryan03:
lol, you even had a dad that provided for the family, your own good. My dad never contributed anything, I grew up to know he always tell us to go and meet our mum when ever we ask for anything even to our school fees. He was a womanizer (six wives), had fourteen children (he didn't cater for any of them). When I was 8, mum got fed up ( due to continuous beatings that sometimes lands her in the hospital) and moved out with us. He never looked for us till I was in js2. He tried forming a bond with us but wasn't successful because he was staying in another town. He died just before I could resume js3. How exactly do I forgive? Where do I start from? I try to act like it doesn't matter, peharps my mum did a good job, hustled for me and my sisters to the point where we are today but I know how difficult it was, I know how we go somedays without food, how we a were sent away from school because of books or exam fees, how we do trek long distance because we dont have t.fair and we couldn't afford a house in town hence we stayed in villages without schools, how we sometimes dont eat rice on Christmas day, how we dont usually wear Christmas clothes, how we depend on others to outgrown their clothes so we could have them. I try to forget those stuffs cause now we live more comfortably thank God mummy did her best to educate us so we could have jobs, I just can't lie to myself that I have forgiven him. It hurts, still hurts badly cc Luminouz

I'm sorry about your story but you still hurt because you dont have my mindset. Humans are flawed and limited. You can be betrayed by anyone. The only strength you have is YOU. lemme tell a bit of my story. I grew up seeing supernatural shiits, I saw ghosts,demons and the likes while around 2 years old. I saw kids like me being killed by evil neighbours who fed them lovingly during the day. I learnt that the face is nothing but a veil which is very different from the heart. I learnt to feel and read auras so at least I can have an idea of who people truly are. My successes saved my family and while my failure almost got me killed. I was betrayed by a friend and a full grown lion almost killed me as a result. I learnt that in this world,everyone owes you nothing. He is your father and should have taken care of you but he didn't because he felt the NEED NOT TO. he is wicked to you but in his mind,he believed he did right. He had his reasons and while flimsy they could be,he simply didn't care about you enough to take care of you. If you had my mindset, you would take care of your mum and focus on her and your siblings. My dad moved mountains but it wasn't easy for me. He went broke and I stayed with his families and saw hell. I went through more hell to protect my younger brothers from their wrath. My younger one was almost killed in a spiritual battle, except for my gifts. The aunt still comes to our house till date. I greet her and serve her food without thinking of harming her. Why? Because I realised she is human,flawed and limited. Killing her won't bring me peace but pollute my own aura. My siblings are doing well now and she knows that. That's the best revenge you can ever get.

My advice on how to move on? Stop expecting too much from anyone so if they display their human nature, you won't feel hurt. On ur dad's issue, see him as just a human with faults and limits. I'm sure he wasn't 100% bad. He just let you down. Focus on the good times you had with him before shiit went awry and most importantly dwell on your mum and siblings and the good times y'all had. Dwelling on hurt DEEPENS IT.

THE PAST IS GONE,THE FUTURE IS YOURS TO MOULD. THE CLAY YOU NEED IS LIMITLESS AND THAT'S YOUR IMAGINATION.

ONE LOVE!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by TheFacelessMan: 10:51am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
and you know everything about me because of posts? What is there to hide? You take nairalamd too serious. I stick by what I said about you. You should iron out your issue with your mother and the other females in your. You sound bitter about anything that you feel is against men. You can call me a father hater if it helps you reconcile. Good luck with the females.

Sorry about what your mum claim your dad did. Your rants sound envious. Your jealous vituperations wouldn't stop the OP from reconciling with his father.

I pray you find peace like the OP. Good luck with that. I am done with you, so pour your frustrations elsewhere grin

OP, congratulations. I hope both parents LEARNT from the experience.

2 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Omakraid(f): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2019
ibkayee:
Seems like both parents are cool together while he is the one at loggerheads heads with the dad cos of things he has heard from the mum.. The post is a lil bit misleading

3 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Ladycewhy(f): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2019
ibkayee:
that is the part i am yet to get,like how do you apologize for being abandoned ,lol grin.

IceColdVeins can you tell us why you are apologizing? Maybe if we know the reason you are sorry for hurting your dad we too can learn

2 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BRATISLAVA: 10:53am On Dec 13, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Sorry about what your mum claim your dad did. Your rants sound envious. Your jealous vituperations wouldn't stop the OP from reconciling with his father.

I pray you find peace like the OP. Good luck with that. I am done with you, so pour your frustrations elsewhere grin

OP, congratulations. I hope both parents LEARNT from the experience.
I hope your parents will get together. I know your dad accused your mum of a lot of things, things she did actually. Forgive her. He claimed a lot of things that made you feel differently about women. Forgive her. Apologize to both him and her. Then you can come and tell us all about it. You sound jealous that someone is telling the truth about what men like him do.
Your redundant posts can't change your reality. Sorry. You may carry the bitter frustrations that made you quote me to another thread. Or lie about your life in your numerous posts. It's okay. Nairalamd understands.

7 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by JayJam20182019: 10:53am On Dec 13, 2019
Pavore9:
No matter how "provoking" a man feels the mother of his child(ren) is, there is no excuse for paternal negligence. Always find a way to provide and be there for them.

I recall a classmate back in secondary school, she swore she and her younger sister would not marry a Nigerian so that their father who neglected them to go live a carefree life will not get even a kolanut in the name of tradition when getting married. She kept to her word and now married to a Dutch and with kids, she came down and got wedded at the Ikoyi Marriage Registry and returned to Europe while her father's side of the family have been pressuring her to come "home" to formalize the marriage.

"Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord"... Ephesians 6:4

Personally, I feel a parent who neglected his/her child has no blessings to give.

I CONCUR

2 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by KanuSE: 10:54am On Dec 13, 2019
Ryan03:
lol, something to learn? I was a child but suffered because of it. They had their quarrels and the next thing he won't drop feeding money for us, there was never a time we go to dad for anything when he won't direct us back to our mum, what was out crime? Were we there when they for married? Are we the cause of the problem? Why take it out on us? And you say something to learn? I am not saying both parties dont have their flaws but taking it out on us was a very stupid thing. He even blocked us from using the hospital we were registered on after my mum left with us, really? Abeg eh, everyone have their issues, nobody should force forgiveness down my throat

Like I always say, when you grow older you will process these things better coz you would be wiser. You will clearly see things from different perspectives with a better sense of judgement coz LIFE has a way of confounding us in our craftiness. smiley
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by OyiboPep: 10:54am On Dec 13, 2019
chriskosherbal:
Easier Said than done, op first of all I want to use this medium to say you are a man, for trying to make peace with your Dad, there is a particular blessing that biological father's carry that NO man on earth no matter how highly placed in any field can give to you..Am quoting you because you are still trying to condemn and Judge his Dad, the OP said we never listened to his own side of the story cos men just know how to suck in emotions.

Being the last male in the family I stayed with family for a longtime before I left, and I must say mother's are wonderful but can choke a man to death sometimes if that man lack emotional shockabsolver when things start to fall apart especially finance, Seeing my mum cry complaining to me sometimes you will think Dad is just heartless until I grew to understand that mum most times just want things to go her way always forgetting Dad feelings, and the fact he still the head of the home, irrespective of finance and mum sometimes couldn't just be submissive.

You see when you grow older in life you will definitely love your mum but tend to appreciate your Dad's effort so far in trying to raise a family ( we were 8 in number, even though we lost 2), providing for everyone's need, food, academics, name it, and coping with mums constant nagging sometimes can be really frustrating and unbearable, you will see it practically clear when you start to have kids..

It takes God and a man that is determine to keep his family together irrespective of trials/temptation to still keep going, sincerely I love my mum no doubt but my RESPECT for my Dad have skyrocked when I came face to face with real life ...I love you DAD.

You don't get the point. This is about deadbeat fathers.
If my father abandoned me at the critical and formative period of my life, he should keep his blessings, I don't need it.
So, you mean people who lost their father are not blessed because the father didn't give them blessings? To me, a deadbeat father is a dead father.

4 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by TheFacelessMan: 10:55am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
redundant thus useless post.

1 Like

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by KanuSE: 10:56am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

How can you tell this, if not through assumptions? You are the worst loser. You support bad behaviors in men. And for that, I don't value your input.

Please point out where I demonstrated support for bad behaviour in men? smiley

You see, you need to calm down & learn to love... regardless.
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Ryan03(f): 10:57am On Dec 13, 2019
KanuSE:

Like I always say, when you grow older you will process these things better coz you would be wiser. You will clearly see things from different perspectives with a better sense of judgement coz LIFE has a way of confounding us in our craftiness. smiley
maybe when I grow horns.

4 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by fk001(m): 10:57am On Dec 13, 2019
I understand why people (especially the ladies) are sounding bitter just because this guy finds the heart to forgive his dad.

Must everything be associated with feminism?
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by IceColdVeins(m): 10:57am On Dec 13, 2019
I have had a face off with him quite a number times and I feel guilty.
Ladycewhy:
that is the part i am yet to get,like how do you apologize for being abandoned ,lol grin.

IceColdVeins can you tell us why you are apologizing? Maybe if we know the reason you are sorry for hurting your dad we too can learn

1 Like

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2019
IceColdVeins:
Never. I learnt a lot of lessons and its working for me. I cherish every loyal woman

Nice one G. Keep it up �
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by BRATISLAVA: 10:59am On Dec 13, 2019
KanuSE:

Please point out where I demonstrated support for bad behaviour in men? smiley

You see, you need to calm down & learn to love... regardless.

you need your advice more.

2 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by kapelvej: 10:59am On Dec 13, 2019
IceColdVeins:
"How could we not talk about family, when family's all that we got?" lipsrsealed
Charlie Otto Puth (2015)
CC: KanuSE thanks bro

This write up was inspired by a random thread https://www.nairaland.com/5396187/children-deadbeat-fathers-time-think/4#82028618 that was created about a couple of months ago. Its was based on the effects of parents exhibiting apathetic attitudes towards their wards. Lugubriously, I was a victim of that on the father's part. I had lots of rifts with my dad owing to constant loggerheads and maltreatments that I could percieve my mother received from him(I was only acting on my mother's emotions). I suffered a lot due to paternal negligence........If I start penning down my chronicles, it would be easier stopping a herd of stampeding wildebeestes on the Serengeti than making me stop typing.

Without further Ado, I saw the thread and I decided to make my own opinions known as attached below, then a guy quoted me and that changed everything. I started seeing things in the other perspective and I decided to initiate a communication with my dad that I had gone incommunicado on for over six years (200 level in the unversity). Good heavens, it felt like dreams came through when he replied(photos attached). Now I'd be going home this December for the christmas break, I'm thinking of buying him a very fine wine and an exquisite wristwatch, which his colleagues would ask about it and he would reply ''My son got it''.

Finally, I can say I had gone through thick-thin of life and still moving. I'm an independent 26 years old bloke now and I was able to get here with the help of the very limited finances from my mother, while my father kept buying cars and building houses. I'd implore fellow nairalanders with similar backgrounds with mine to take a clue from this thread and let the old things pass away. Forgive your parents and move on.

"Children begin by loving their parents, as they grow older they judge them, sometimes they forgive them"
Oscar Wilde

Regards.
Mynd44 lalasticlala

This may kill your mother. You have been her strength, she can not lose to men at the same time, I think the first and the best thing would have been to talk to your mother first on the need for this reconciliation because I believe this was all about your mother. You write deep English, but it appears you do not reason as deep as our English. Stop acting instinctively

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by luminouz(m): 11:00am On Dec 13, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

Why would I be vexed? I am just worried at how easily we permit bad behavior from fathers then go on to repeat it. This permission is only because he is the father, not for any logical reason. I don't see why a man would be so wicked to the OP to the point where he can't mention it, but because he is afraid it will happen to him he is apologizing to the oppressor. It cannot happen to him if he cares for his own wife and family. This is the new age, we can't keep at old crude family methods and expect love. It's a pity that Africans rever even the most wicked men. Out there you kick them out of your life and move on.

I'm not saying all these because I'm a man and check crackhaus post and one Mia dude like that. They gave insights to what may have happened. You blame the dad like OP did but once he put himself in his dad's shoes, he understood that while the dad had issues, he wasn't all bad like the mum painted him. He most likely rejected his dad based on the mum's stories without trying to ask his dad his own side of the story. He realised his mistake now he is grown and reached out.

Ryan03' s story is very different from OP's and I blamed his dad on most fronts. he left them when young and died before he could make amends.

You still dont get my points sha. I feel so much animosity from your post and I can't just relate. I have lost the ability to be that emotional.

Use your third eye and things becomes much clearer.
One love
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by ChiefSweetus: 11:01am On Dec 13, 2019
blank:
I'm just wondering. How will the expensive gifts you want to buy for him make up for the parental neglect you suffered from him? He had a disagreement with your mom and decided to take it out on the kids by not providing for them. Sounds like a douchebag. But what do I know?

The OP has daddy issues undecided
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Ladycewhy(f): 11:02am On Dec 13, 2019
IceColdVeins:
I have had a face off with him quite a number times and I feel guilty.
and you feel those face off were out of place? All this your half stories is annoying, if you are going to say it say it all. You had a face off over what? And why?

3 Likes

Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by Angelfrost(m): 11:02am On Dec 13, 2019
KanuSE:

My argument is that this young man is trying to salvage what's left of his family (fatherly love) the missed moments etc - hope you gerrit?

What the young man did was good, even noble... I have even walked down that path myself.

My issue here remains: poor orientation and belief system that fosters this trend among fathers and would-be fathers.

Please, read responses properly and comprehensively before going on the "attack"!!!
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by midnighter(f): 11:03am On Dec 13, 2019
The dude didnt give enough information and now everybody is coming to their own conclusion through the prism of their own opinion

To me it sounds like the OP took his mothers lamentations to heart and started fighting the dad on her behalf

This is why I said people should be careful of dragging their babies into issues that started before they were born

See where he said the parents are even very happy now but he was the one left out in the cold. Nawao

I keep saying that family affairs are a political game more than any other thing. Learn to calculate your moves without being too emotional so that you wont end up as the bad person

You latched onto some NL post about reconciliation because what you had to reconcile wasnt as much as your mothers but you overreacted on her behalf and youre now feeling as if youve been cheated. You're even feeling like the aggressor now and apologising to your dad over some guilt-tripping stuff about "spiritual consequences" when distancing yourself from an uncaring father is in no way a crime.

Now the pendulum is swinging back to your mother again as you wonder if it was as simple as how she described it.
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by kapelvej: 11:04am On Dec 13, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

@bold,
Na real wa

Leave them to continue blaming their mothers for everything
Ungrateful souls
the people can not reason properly, just big english
Re: Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) by ibkayee(f): 11:05am On Dec 13, 2019
pocohantas:

It is okay that he apologised, but his father's response shows no remorse on his own part. Looks like the response of a man who feels he can do no wrong. Na him sabi sha...
Nah I wouldn’t have, I’m gathering that he apologised to his dad who he was constantly at loggerheads with because he maltreated his mother, who caused him to suffer due to negligence, in fact he claims there’s even plenty more to write down about his experiences with his father.

And his reason for apologising was because someone on Nairaland convinced him that despite all this, a son’s bond with his father is special, or something. The father’s response made it even worse, it’s like the equivalence of someone replying ‘ok’ to a long, heartfelt message (all lowercases included)

Maybe there are important points we’re missing sha, to each their own

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Housewife Seeks Healing For Cough, Impregnated By Pastor Who Prays For Nude Wome / I Am Depressed / Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.