Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? (24957 Views)

Governor Wike Commissions Secondary School At Eleme In Rivers State / Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man / From 'okirika Clothe' Seller To Millionaire Overnight At 23. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 16, 2019
This is an old school question; there's no age limit to studying anymore; besides nowadays education is a lifelong pursuit. Bera forget age nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Kingstanding: 8:00am On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=xtremeTall post=84856198]Hello!!,please kindly spare your 1 minutes and advise me because i think ive been following the wrong path for 5 years...

I completed my secondary School Education in 2014 and since then I've been Applying for the Nigeria Armed forces recruitments,i had wrote their Aptitude Test Exams like 8 to 9 times before i eventually passed the Airforce Exams for 2017.

i went for their Physical screening in Kaduna,we undergo staunch health Screening."Thier medical facilities there are Top notch o"..anyway,i was disqualified for ill health reason,(i have a short sightedness),with tears in my eye i inform my Dad who had been very supportive the news.

To cut my story short,i had been doing some work i don't really like since i gave up Career in the Nigeria Armed force.I am determined to go back to the university and study Law,,i know my parents would be glad to know i had came up with this idea but I'm thinking at 23?..IS IT POSSIBLE..i need your advise pls

Mods pls help what do you mean? Your advice irritate me honestly. At 50 yrs some are still determine to go to University and you kid of 23 yrs indomine generation seeking for an advice. Pls you are too old the best advice for you is to go and learn vulcanizer. Iranu
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by orlayemmy15(m): 8:01am On Dec 16, 2019
I wrote jamb with a man of 55+ in 2009, he wants to study law.
That's all I have to say "abo oro ni a so fun omoluabi"

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Premiumwriter: 8:01am On Dec 16, 2019
Thought I should contribute.

I'm 25 in 200l studying physiology.

Wrote jamb again and was given medicine.

So next year I'll be 26 going for medicine and starting 100l all over again.

It's my dream. What matters most is that I achieve it, not the time

10 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by OmoDavido(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2019
I am 24 in 400level, and like the oldest in my department. Bro, go back to school. Age is just a number.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Hajibanson24: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2019
Yes brah forget about age is not on ur side

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by solmusdesigns: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2019
cool

well its never too late... after graduating from leadcity in 2008 (2.2) my elder sister went back to school in 2014 at 31 to study law at university of liverpool even with 2 sons and at age 31 she graduated with 2.1 and she's now having her masters focusing on corporate law and corporate gorvenance ..

according to her, she thinks maturity helps you when getting an higher education as you are more focused and know what you want out of the education

6 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Afodot0022(m): 8:03am On Dec 16, 2019
see question. You people just like asking anoying question. dont go na. wait and be looking. yeye
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by youngvito: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2019
I gained admission at 23, studied geology at a university of technology ( 5 years), served l, got a job instantly and I have been working since 2011. Infact I have switched career completely, getting a second degree in Marketing and communications.

Please go for this degree, it would eventually be useful and it puts you in a position to achieve a lot more later in life. Education is the best legacy they say.

Good luck

5 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by D1zion: 8:04am On Dec 16, 2019
Even at 50 you can go once the determination & zeal is there. Go pursue your dream best of luck.
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Mamabois77(f): 8:04am On Dec 16, 2019
at 34 I'm planning to go back to school....oga carry go nothing do you

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:
Hello!!,please kindly spare your 1 minutes and advise me because i think ive been following the wrong path for 5 years...

I completed my secondary School Education in 2014 and since then I've been Applying for the Nigeria Armed forces recruitments,i had wrote their Aptitude Test Exams like 8 to 9 times before i eventually passed the Airforce Exams for 2017.

i went for their Physical screening in Kaduna,we undergo staunch health Screening."Thier medical facilities there are Top notch o"..anyway,i was disqualified for ill health reason,(i have a short sightedness),with tears in my eye i inform my Dad who had been very supportive the news.

To cut my story short,i had been doing some work i don't really like since i gave up Career in the Nigeria Armed force.I am determined to go back to the university and study Law,,i know my parents would be glad to know i had came up with this idea but I'm thinking at 23?..IS IT POSSIBLE..i need your advise pls

Mods pls help
. Very, very stupid question. This can win an award for the most stupid question of the year if you post it in a forum filled with intelligent people. Napoleon Hill once said some people grow old at 23 while get old at 80. YOU ARE AS OLD AS YOU THINK. Your problem is not age, it is ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Yankee101: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2019
Any age dear, any age
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:11am On Dec 16, 2019
@ 23 you are still a kid to be considering age over education.... Go and make your family and yourself proud ......
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by bluebay(m): 8:11am On Dec 16, 2019
I have a friend who don't even have Waec sef . He signed up for waec at the age of 31, got good result ( you know the matter ). He is currently running a program in a satellite campus and he's okay with it..
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by cardoso222: 8:17am On Dec 16, 2019
Yes,yes and yes
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by kokomilala(m): 8:18am On Dec 16, 2019
By all means ,yes! I got to university as a mature student at the age of 25.And,I've graduated since 2004.That's 15 years.So?Don't be discouraged.
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Emmymarvel(m): 8:20am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:
Hello!!,please kindly spare your 1 minutes and advise me because i think ive been following the wrong path for 5 years...

Mods pls help
I entered university at age 29 and finished at 33. lucky for me it was a private university, so 4years was 4 years

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 16, 2019
Very much yes
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by SenecaTheYonger: 8:25am On Dec 16, 2019
I don't know, but in my department, there were guys who were 29 and above.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by OhiOfIhima: 8:28am On Dec 16, 2019
Berankis:
I am going back at 38.
Likewise me, at 27, getting set for my HND process by next yr..
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Parin31: 8:30am On Dec 16, 2019
Stupid question the fact that u don't have the answers go back to school

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by adamslukman19: 8:32am On Dec 16, 2019
I gained Admission at the age of 26 years of age and now thank God I'm doing fine.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by kennyjam: 8:32am On Dec 16, 2019
I am happy at the positive replies everyone gave here except for one....

Bro ride on, go on with your dream.... God will see you through.
The hardest part of a job is to begin; the very next thing to do is to do it well.
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by phantom24: 8:33am On Dec 16, 2019
What frivolous question! In naija @23 ur stil a kid & education has no age limits
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by rahztafari(m): 8:34am On Dec 16, 2019
Lol. . .i thought it was secondary school sef. Well, like someone above me said, the fact that you are asking this question means that you really need to go to school.

23?? As a guy?? Some married sef go dey department with you sef. In fact, you wee be one of the small boiz in ur department.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:

Mods pls help

Got admitted into Uni at 26, graduated at 30 with a carryover in my final year sef. I didn’t die. So 23 is a child’s play

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Toma2: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2019
Aspiringstudent:
Can someone please help me ,I am 24 and I am just entering OOU ,all I need is an apartment around school area ,school has resumed since about 2 months and some weeks but I've only attended like 2weeks because I live in Ibadan,nobody is willing to let me scot with them for the main time and its understandable ,people fear bad influence and most of this student are still very Young that they have school fathers guiding them through everything.please
Male or female??
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Sholaco: 8:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Please do....school life is the best, learning is a gradual process and no knowledge is lost.....@80 you can still go to school
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by ComradeShegs(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Don't give up bro. I'm a living testimony. Wrote Jamb 5 times, I kept applying nasarawa State University, keffi and continued to be denied admission obviously because I wasn't an indigene even though my credentials were complete.Honesty if you ask, I still have no clue why I kept applying there.
I never scored less than 220 in my jamb. Until I was advised by my elder sis to apply Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 2015. Today I'm a graduate of Political Science and International Studies.

Moral lesson: IT'S NOT HOW FAR, BUT HOW WELL.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by poyet(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2019
I was supposed to have graduated from Usmanu Danfodiyo University in 2011, but couldn't because transfer took me out of state. I had to call it quit at 300l. I started National Open University this year, and I am 37 years old. My plan is to use anger and graduate as the overall best when the time comes, God helping me.
So, it's not late at all. Just go back to school and you'll be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Staro: 8:44am On Dec 16, 2019
sadguru:
I would advice you apply for admission into noun while you engage yourself in any skill related business you have acquired

I don't agree with this advise sir.
Let him go to a conventional.
23 is still a young age

His maturity due to age will help boost
his grades.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Takes First Position In Schools Debate / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student / United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.