Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,059 members, 7,807,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? (24968 Views)

Governor Wike Commissions Secondary School At Eleme In Rivers State / Why I Dropped Out Of Medical School At 500L, Ended Up As Cart Pusher –benue Man / From 'okirika Clothe' Seller To Millionaire Overnight At 23. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by DarkJeddi(m): 8:47am On Dec 16, 2019
stevmatt:
Nigerian Armed Forces?
If you no get strong godsfather or mummy, hmmmmmm
Me I tried ones and gave up.

23 + 7 =30
My brother you go old for school ooooo,
Those that Graduated at 21 where are they today?

I entered Medical School at 23 and spent 8 years,today am a Graduate..

In that my set,there were people in their 40s..

This life is a Marathon,not a 100 Metres dash..

5 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by chocboi78(m): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2019
Age is nothing but a f*****g number.....dont let it fool u
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Stevo35: 8:49am On Dec 16, 2019
yeah' you can go back to school' No dulling.
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Lamanii22(f): 8:49am On Dec 16, 2019
I finished secondary school in 2010... My education was really fast... I wrote jamb like 7 times... I never had problem with jamb but post utme... If I had known I'd have gone to the the polytechnic then do direct entry... The only thing that was on my head was that I want unilag or lasu... Now i'm 24... I started the open university this year, and by God's grace I've finished my 1st year... So yes, you can still go back to school...

6 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by yusluvad(m): 8:50am On Dec 16, 2019
People have dropped good advices up there.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Ishilove: 8:51am On Dec 16, 2019
23?

Please don't go. You are too old to be fighting space with KG students.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Victorcwu(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2019
My project supervisor, a Professor of Soil Science, Is currently doing law. He is close to 60+ years old. Who says age is a limitation.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Viserion: 8:58am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:
Hello!!,please kindly spare your 1 minutes and advise me because i think ive been following the wrong path for 5 years...

I completed my secondary School Education in 2014 and since then I've been Applying for the Nigeria Armed forces recruitments,i had wrote their Aptitude Test Exams like 8 to 9 times before i eventually passed the Airforce Exams for 2017.

i went for their Physical screening in Kaduna,we undergo staunch health Screening."Thier medical facilities there are Top notch o"..anyway,i was disqualified for ill health reason,(i have a short sightedness),with tears in my eye i inform my Dad who had been very supportive the news.

To cut my story short,i had been doing some work i don't really like since i gave up Career in the Nigeria Armed force.I am determined to go back to the university and study Law,,i know my parents would be glad to know i had came up with this idea but I'm thinking at 23?..IS IT POSSIBLE..i need your advise pls

Mods pls help

why not, I just got admission to study a five year course and I just turned 24

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Duru009(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2019
You are still very young dear......

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Agronomist(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2019
Yes you can. I got admission into 100L t the age of 25. I graduated 5 years ago. Currently am doing my Masters. Learning they say never ends so please go back to school

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by oyekanwahab(m): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2019
I MUST SHOW THIS THREAD TO A FRIEND OF MINE

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by kayourcome: 9:08am On Dec 16, 2019
I started school at 26 and I am now a graduate at 29 plus. Guys ! Go write your jamb and get yourself into school.
But a piece of advise to you, choose a less competitive school and don't go for schools wirh high candidatesb such as OAU, Unilag etc. If you have a strong network there you can go for it.it's a mistake I made for 3 good year before changing my institution and was offered admission.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Myhusband(m): 9:08am On Dec 16, 2019
I went for my second degree at 28yrs, so what's 23yrs op?

your dream should be your goal not age that has no revelation and reflection in the future

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by gaskiyamagana: 9:09am On Dec 16, 2019
This is most united and most encouraging comments on issues I read so far on nairaland. It devoid of religion and ethnic coloration that is killing us in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by vincentjk(m): 9:10am On Dec 16, 2019
Sure you can, I have a 26,27 and 28year old as course mates and they aren't even bothered about it one bit

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Ayus4u(m): 9:11am On Dec 16, 2019
my Bro, there is no age limit for tertiary education.

I enter sch at the age of 22

I put in for 5 yrs course

but due to strike, I spent 7yrs without single carry over and no extra yr throughout my stay in sch.

today, am in a good position.

with God on ur side u will finish well and strong.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Areaboy2(m): 9:12am On Dec 16, 2019
it is actually better at this age.

You are more matured now and know exactly what you want.

Go for it!!! dont look back or waste time in regrets. You'll be glad you did

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Ajibade123(m): 9:17am On Dec 16, 2019
bro you ain't too old
see 18 ways to save money in a tight budget https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-live-on-a-budget-and-save-money/
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:
Hello!!,please kindly spare your 1 minutes and advise me because i think ive been following the wrong path for 5 years...

I completed my secondary School Education in 2014 and since then I've been Applying for the Nigeria Armed forces recruitments,i had wrote their Aptitude Test Exams like 8 to 9 times before i eventually passed the Airforce Exams for 2017.

i went for their Physical screening in Kaduna,we undergo staunch health Screening."Thier medical facilities there are Top notch o"..anyway,i was disqualified for ill health reason,(i have a short sightedness),with tears in my eye i inform my Dad who had been very supportive the news.

To cut my story short,i had been doing some work i don't really like since i gave up Career in the Nigeria Armed force.I am determined to go back to the university and study Law,,i know my parents would be glad to know i had came up with this idea but I'm thinking at 23?..IS IT POSSIBLE..i need your advise pls

Mods pls help
Mr Johnson(named withheld) just completed his second first semester exams in the department of Medicine and surgery at Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto
He is 40 years plus.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Dumte(m): 9:19am On Dec 16, 2019
gly2ken:
I applied for Jamb 4 times, and got admission at almost 23, graduated at 27 got job immediately. My maturity made me to graduate with a good grade and today I am doing well in my career.

It is even the maturity that'll even make you come focus and excel with good grade

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by frankmoney(m): 9:20am On Dec 16, 2019
You are still a young boy sef
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by xtremeTall(m): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2019
kayourcome:
I started school at 26 and I am now a graduate at 29 plus. Guys ! Go write your jamb and get yourself into school.
But a piece of advise to you, choose a less competitive school and don't go for schools wirh high candidatesb such as OAU, Unilag etc. If you have a strong network there you can go for it.it's a mistake I made for 3 good year before changing my institution and was offered admission.
Thanks bro,,i really appreciate
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by EntrepreNuel: 9:23am On Dec 16, 2019
You can do this!

I know people who went back to school at an age well above 23.

I and a lot of good people here are rooting for you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by xtremeTall(m): 9:23am On Dec 16, 2019
Myhusband:
I went for my second degree at 28yrs, so what's 23yrs op?

your dream should be your goal not age that has no revelation and reflection in the future
Thanks so much.
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Minjim: 9:24am On Dec 16, 2019
What's 23?

Do you know the age of ppl still writing JAMB yearly?
I gained admission into Higher institution at 28. So don't tell me poo

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by xtremeTall(m): 9:24am On Dec 16, 2019
Born2Breed:

You are funny oh. See this very young man feeling old.

You are still very young.

Don't even think it,just start reading for jamb to refresh your memory.

i will,Thanks
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by xtremeTall(m): 9:26am On Dec 16, 2019
Ayus4u:
my Bro, there is no age limit for tertiary education.

I enter sch at the age of 22

I put in for 5 yrs course

but due to strike, I spent 7yrs without single carry over and no extra yr throughout my stay in sch.

today, am in a good position.

with God on ur side u will finish well and strong.
Thanks bro,,Amen
Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 16, 2019
let me tell you this, I finished secondary school in 2009 at 17 years of age, gain admission into University of portharcourt know 2013,dropped out in January 2014.got admitted again into University of Ibadan in 2016 at 24,im 27 now rounding up in February before I clock 28 in April,upon all those things I gone through, I never backed down. there's no late time for anything you wanna achieve in life.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by kayourcome: 9:32am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:
Thanks bro,,i really appreciate
you are welcome

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by Banter1(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2019
xtremeTall:

Mods pls help
A friend of mine graduated @39

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go Back To School At 23? by eleojo23: 9:33am On Dec 16, 2019
OP, age is still very much on your side

I know a friend's mum who got her first degree when we were in SS1 that is, I and her son were in the same class. She got her Master's when I was in 3rd year in the university and today she has a PhD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ali Bukar Maina Developed An Algorithm For Finding Missing People / United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities / University Of Ilorin 2016/2017 Admission List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.