Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

4k Hdr Movies - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / 4k Hdr Movies (2467 Views)

55" Lg Suhd 4k Hdr Nano Cell Display Tv (2017 Model) / ⏳For Sale Lg 49 Inches Uhd 4k Hdr Smart Tv Uj630 (2017 Model).✔️ / SOLD- 40" Inches Uhd 4k Hdr Slim (Samsung)- SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4k Hdr Movies by Naijji: 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2019
Anybody got 4k hdr movies one can copy?
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by 1x2x3: 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2019
Naijji:
Anybody got 4k hdr movies one can copy?

Not until we have truly unlimited data plan besides one full 4K HDR movie is about 50 to 100GB grin

2 Likes

Re: 4k Hdr Movies by meobizy(f): 6:45am On Dec 13, 2019
Hmm. This guy is persistent. If your laptop is fairly modern you can download the video size in H265 format. I know a site which provides them at 4 - 8GB. The problem is the format will eat your processor's resources to the fullest capacity. The easier bet is H264 (what we regularly download in) but those are 50 to 100GB in size.
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Naijji: 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2019
We have ppl here that transfer games of 50+ gb. Just thought someone here would have 4k movies too one can copy from. I'm not really talking about downloading em myself
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by meobizy(f): 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
Naijji:
We have ppl here that transfer games of 50+ gb. Just thought someone here would have 4k movies too one can copy from. I'm not really talking about downloading em myself
Oh, ok. That is a different case. As no one has responded in the positive I believe downloading is your best option. In one night using Spectranet I can get three of the 4 - 8GB ones. Imagine how many I can get in two weeks.
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Naijji: 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2019
meobizy:

Oh, ok. That is a different case. As no one has responded in the positive I believe downloading is your best option. In one night using Spectranet I can get three of the 4 - 8GB ones. Imagine how many I can get in two weeks.

This zipped?
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by meobizy(f): 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
Naijji:

This zipped?
It’s the size when both zipped and unzipped. The site creators encode movies with the smallest possible size but the best quality at such a size. Not everybody can download 100GB at a go.
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Babalegba(m): 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2019
meobizy:
Hmm. This guy is persistent. If your laptop is fairly modern you can download the video size in H265 format. I know a site which provides them at 4 - 8GB. The problem is the format will eat your processor's resources to the fullest capacity. The easier bet is H264 (what we regularly download in) but those are 50 to 100GB in size.
kindly drop the site for us. I use torrents but the sizes are huge
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by 1x2x3: 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2019
meobizy:

It’s the size when both zipped and unzipped. The site creators encode movies with the smallest possible size but the best quality at such a size. Not everybody can download 100GB at a go.

There's nothing you will encode or compress to 8GB to give you the quality of true 4k hdr quality unless you haven't seen one. People living in countries where download speed is blazing can download 100GB in 10 to 20mins that's if not less.

2 Likes

Re: 4k Hdr Movies by meobizy(f): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
1x2x3:

There's nothing you will encode or compress to 8GB to give you the quantity of true 4k hdr quality unless you haven't seen one. People living in countries where download speed is blazing can download 100GB in 10 to 20mins that's if not less.
You are correct. However for those with a 4K TV and limited internet connection it is better than nothing.

1 Like

Re: 4k Hdr Movies by 1x2x3: 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2019
meobizy:

You are correct. However for those with a 4K TV and limited internet connection it is better than nothing.

Let him stick to HD movies rather than waste 8GB downloading what's not real 4K content.
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by meobizy(f): 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2019
1x2x3:

Let him stick to HD movies rather than waste 8GB downloading what's not real 4K content.
He’s looking for 4K content to see how good his TV looks. Faux 4K is better to test than nothing. I’m still pained that mine is connected to DStv’s 1080i.

OP, Netflix is another source for 4K HDR. If your network is fast enough you’ll enjoy it once in a while.
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2019
meobizy:

He’s looking for 4K content to see how good his TV looks. Faux 4K is better to test than nothing. I’m still pained that mine is connected to DStv’s 1080i.

OP, Netflix is another source for 4K HDR. If your network is fast enough you’ll enjoy it once in a while.

I doubt there is any network in Nigeria that can stream Netflix at 4k. Best u can get is 1080p and ur network needs to be really fast to even get that. Any 4k movie of 8gb is NOT 4k, it's a waste of data. Better download fhd of about 3-4gb, its same quality as 4k movie of 8gb. Even me I am still looking for where to get true 4k movies, the only source I get close to that are games on PS4 pro.

I do have a few 4k sample videos though, each about 3 mins and the sizes are between 1.5-3gb for less than 3 mins videos.

1 Like

Re: 4k Hdr Movies by meobizy(f): 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2019
greenhulk:

I doubt there is any network in Nigeria that can stream Netflix at 4k. Best u can get is 1080p and ur network needs to be really fast to even get that. Any 4k movie of 8gb is NOT 4k, it's a waste of data. Better download fhd of about 3-4gb, its same quality as 4k movie of 8gb. Even me I am still looking for where to get true 4k movies, the only source I get close to that are games on PS4 pro.

I do have a few 4k sample videos though, each about 3 mins and the sizes are between 1.5-3gb for less than 3 mins videos.
With HEVC I get to stream 4K videos on Netflix. You people are not considering the H265 option. Apple uses the codec to stream 4K movies of about 8GB or less. For somebody without hope of watching 4K content in the near future HEVC is the next best thing.
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Naijji: 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2019
greenhulk:

You can stream 4k in Naija comfortably. And I have some 4k clips that are way less than your quoted sizes. Got a 6 min clip that's even 60fps. Just about 900mb

1 Like

Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Naijji: 11:46pm On Dec 13, 2019
meobizy:

With HEVC I get to stream 4K videos on Netflix. You people are not considering the H265 option. Apple uses the codec to stream 4K movies of about 8GB or less. For somebody without hope of watching 4K content in the near future HEVC is the next best thing.

Used to stream 4k on Netflix and Amazon. Alas, network is terrible where I am now
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by meobizy(f): 12:44am On Dec 14, 2019
Naijji:

Used to stream 4k on Netflix and Amazon. Alas, network is terrible where I am now
The best part is HEVC technology keeps improving so very soon basic connections will support 4K streaming. 1080p streaming is a norm nowadays.
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by meobizy(f): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2019
OP, any progress? I came to add that of recent I can’t tell the difference between well-compressed 720p and 1080p. The same thing happens on my 4K TV as I can only tell the difference between 1080p and 1440 but when it goes 4K I can’t accurately guess. Last last na DStv win am because the standard in picture quality is HD, it doesn’t matter if the output is 1080i or 4K. The average consumer can’t tell a difference.

1 Like

Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 16, 2020
meobizy:
OP, any progress? I came to add that of recent I can’t tell the difference between well-compressed 720p and 1080p. The same thing happens on my 4K TV as I can only tell the difference between 1080p and 1440 but when it goes 4K I can’t accurately guess. Last last na DStv win am because the standard in picture quality is HD, it doesn’t matter if the output is 1080i or 4K. The average consumer can’t tell a difference.

It's very easy to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. The difference is very clear. As for 4k, u better be watching a 4k content and u will tell the difference. Also the tv size matters, if ur tv is less than 55 inches u will need to stay very close to the tv see the difference, but the difference is there especially when playing games on PS4 pro or Xbox one x

1 Like

Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 16, 2020
meobizy:

I was wrong and u are right. I have now discovered a website that uploads 4k movies in 3480x2160p (sometimes maybe a little less than 2160 but still way better than FHD). I think they probably use the same method u mentioned. I downloaded maleficent mistress of evil in 2160p and it was around 5gb, the difference is clear. Also download Ford v Ferrari, that one took around 8gb. The reason it is compressed is because they didn't add HDR and Dolby Atmos, dts sound or any other high fidelity audio (these are one of the things that make the files so big).

I still think HDR is is more important than raw 4k. I'll take a 1080p HDR movie over a 4k movie without HDR. Watching HDR content (even if it's 1080p) u will note the difference instantly than watching 4k without HDR.
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Naijji: 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2020
grin
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Naijji: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2020
greenhulk:

I was wrong and u are right. I have now discovered a website that uploads 4k movies in 3480x2160p (sometimes maybe a little less than 2160 but still way better than FHD). I think they probably use the same method u mentioned. I downloaded maleficent mistress of evil in 2160p and it was around 5gb, the difference is clear. Also download Ford v Ferrari, that one took around 8gb. The reason it is compressed is because they didn't add HDR and Dolby Atmos, dts sound or any other high fidelity audio (these are one of the things that make the files so big).

I still think HDR is is more important than raw 4k. I'll take a 1080p HDR movie over a 4k movie without HDR. Watching HDR content (even if it's 1080p) u will note the difference instantly than watching 4k without HDR.

Link to site pls

HDR is much more important than native 4k. Most good 4k TVs have excellent upscaling abilities. They'll make good 1080p look almost as good as native 4k (except you're pretty close to the set)
Re: 4k Hdr Movies by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2020
Naijji:

Link to site pls

HDR is much more important than native 4k. Most good 4k TVs have excellent upscaling abilities. They'll make good 1080p look almost as good as native 4k (except you're pretty close to the set)

www dot yts dot mx. Their library of 4k movies keep increasing everyday. Right now they have like 16 or 17 4k movies including avengers infinity war and endgame. Size range from 4-9gb per movie. No HDR though but with 5.1 surround sound. Their 1080p movies are also very good

1 Like

Re: 4k Hdr Movies by meobizy(f): 6:36pm On Mar 02, 2020
After swearing off this forum I’m back for a limited time.

Hmm, people apologize in this medium? I guess things are changing.

greenhulk, search harder. I’ve seen full 4K movies with HDR capability at those sizes. The H265 codec makes files theoretically smaller with better qualities. It shocks me when I see how little some of the videos are, it’s just slow Naija internet which disgraces someone from filling up a 1TB hard drive with them. The uploaders brag that enabling options for higher video fidelity take file sizes down by notches.

Also, do not come and drag like before only to get proven wrong four months later.

(1) (Reply)

❌❌❌ Sold!!! HP 2000 Notebook PC 15.6inch - Nationwide Delivery / Purchase All Your Network Accessories And Wireless Radios/ Access Points. / Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 8GB, Wifi, 7.0', Brand New, Sealed (see picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.