Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 (13309 Views)

Minimum Wage: NLC Begins Indefinite Strike Jan. 8 / FG To Announce New Minimum Wage - NLC President / Minimum Wage: NLC Begins Nationwide Strike Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by adeoba2008(m): 6:44am On Dec 13, 2019
Roadtoyesterday:
Pls will the newly copers be included on the new wages?
Yes. Once 2019 budget is signed into law.
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by Skepticus: 6:55am On Dec 13, 2019
onyxo76:
are those of us on federal civil service still getting the minimum wage and arrears this month as I'm not hearing anything about it again

U better commot mind for that side.

The federal government is reluctant to pay and that's not the biggest of the problems. The biggest is that they lie a lot.

I won't be surprised if it's not paid within the next 6 month.

If you see it fine, if you don't see it, lock up and look for other means to supplement your income.
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by josh005(m): 6:57am On Dec 13, 2019
onyxo76:
are those of us on federal civil service still getting the minimum wage and arrears this month as I'm not hearing anything about it again
yes of course
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by Conceptman: 7:02am On Dec 13, 2019
They will keep dragging this issue till the new 4yrs ends and nothing will be done
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by xpool(m): 7:04am On Dec 13, 2019
Roadtoyesterday:
No, the NEWLY wages is not for the NEWLY corpers
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by tonye33(m): 7:22am On Dec 13, 2019
Lcf69:
Audio Showdown

No be small audio shot down

Gone were those days when NLC had a say in Nigeria
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by Reference(m): 7:29am On Dec 13, 2019
The last folks I will canvass for are civil servants. They are willing tools of political misgovernance and financial mismanagement nationwide. They donot whistleblow, they donot protect the citizens of Nigeria. So they MUST suffer what the wider Nigeria suffers. A wider Nigeria that does not receive any guarantees anywhere. Civil servants are not at the bottom of the economic ladder in Nigeria.

Why should I care.
If civil servants want any empathy they should collectively press for restructuring of this country. That is what labour unions the world over do. They are instruments of national development, of fundamental change and not just agitating for personal gain.

Ours here will side with politicians when the going is good to ruin the country then turn around to punish the general citizenry with strikes when the going is bad using the citizens as bargaining chips because they know the ignoraht citizens will wail for them.

You can imagine that the same silly DSS officers who are instrumemts of oppressing those who agitate for a better country will benefit more than the average citizen when the goverment yields and improves things.

We should begin to think properly as citizens and begin demand good governance at all levels.

Civil servants remeber this. Your allegiance is to the Federal Republic of Nigeria first if Nigeria is to fight for you when things go bad.
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by emmasege: 7:33am On Dec 13, 2019
Has FG started paying the minimum wage?

If NLC was serious, they would have started the showdown with FG long before now. Wasn't the bill enacted 8 months ago? Why hasn't the FG started paying?
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by KingEd: 7:36am On Dec 13, 2019
Ow many show down? God help our Leaders, amen.
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by Ladokun12(m): 7:40am On Dec 13, 2019
na today? toothless dogs
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by Charly68: 7:58am On Dec 13, 2019
Ekiti has started sacking before you bark,so if you want show down most governors would prefer to downsize the workforce of their states to enable them pay the few that remains..apply wisdom on this matter please
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by explosiveskull(m): 7:59am On Dec 13, 2019
Roadtoyesterday:
Kai!
Hope you ain't a corp member?
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by Okegbemi555(m): 8:00am On Dec 13, 2019
Unah never ready.

Over and more than 10acres of land with limestone is for sale in ilaro ogun state.

Limestone has two origins: (1) biogenic precipitation from seawater (2) mechanical transport and deposition of preexisting limestones, forming clastic deposits. Travertine, tufa, caliche, chalk, sparite, and micrite are all varieties

DOCUMENT.... C of O and all necessary documents also available with approval

WhatsApp.... 08096104169/https:///2348096104969

Call..... 08163718845 or 08096104169

Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by fatymore(f): 8:05am On Dec 13, 2019
December 31st...

Yinmu
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by Kingfisher58: 8:24am On Dec 13, 2019
NLC and FG are just playing with Nigerians.
If they had been serious with this before the elections, it would have been a thing of the past
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by Angelfrost(m): 8:49am On Dec 13, 2019
I don't quite get why states like Delta and Rivers have not already started paying the minimum wage, or something reasonably close to it... These people have no shame o.
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by onyxo76(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2019
Skepticus:

U better commot mind for that side.

The federal government is reluctant to pay and that's not the biggest of the problems. The biggest is that they lie a lot.

I won't be surprised if it's not paid within the next 6 month.

If you see it fine, if you don't see it, lock up and look for other means to supplement your income.
i get your point, i'm just surprised that everyone has been pretty quiet about its implementation for a while now.
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by Kingangelo1: 9:32am On Dec 13, 2019
Today's fixed game is available just call or WhatsApp or telegram to participate.
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by uwa244(m): 9:39am On Dec 13, 2019
Me too.
onyxo76:
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by happydavies(f): 11:07am On Dec 13, 2019
onyxo76:
Na God hand we dey.nonsense NLC
Re: New Minimum Wage: NLC Prepares For Showdown With State Governors Dec 31 by jeswinner: 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2019
I don dey calculate since. God will help them to pay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Approves 21-Year Jail Term For Cultists, Signs Anti-Cultism Bill / Buhari Departs Paris, Joins Leaders In South Africa / Question: Is Igboland Landlocked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.