Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer (11283 Views)

Praying Fard Salah Behind An Imam Praying Nawaafil / Bandits Kill Imam In Bangi Niger State For Refusing To Break His Fast With Water / What Happens If The One Praying Behind An Imam Says The Tasleem Before Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by Umarzy(m): 10:58am On Dec 13, 2019
The muslim guys arguing with that ignoramus actually have time.

I don't argue with someone that is ignorant. What he didn't know about islam is actually more than what he knows.

Because, i don't know why a sane person practising islam initially (a religion which is the perfect way of life and has prayers and procedures for doing every action as far as this world is concerned, further substantiated with the mark on your both palms depicting the 99 names of the sovereign lord) will term it as fake and convert to another religion.

Indeed, on the day of resurrection, it will be dawned on them.

PS: JazakaLLAH OP
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by oddessey007(m): 10:59am On Dec 13, 2019
Salam aleykun,
The Op is on point, I pray Allah add to your wisdom. Ameen

1 Like

Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by mustykay: 11:01am On Dec 13, 2019
May God forgive you. go and sin no more
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by Abumilla(m): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2019
There should be sanity here. Everyone should respect the religion we practice. Nobody has the right to insult any religion. I think the mod needs to act.

2 Likes

Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by fortran123: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2019
Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “Does he who raises his head before the imam [in prayer] not fear that Allah will change his head into a head of a donkey?” (Tirmidhī) - Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 10, Hadith 86)

This is the full hadith, why will I be banned for quoting what is in your islamic book? What does the moderator have to fear if he is confident of what mohammed said?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by dives(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2019
Salam alaykum warahmatullah. Thanks for asking. Can someone knowledgeable please answer this question. Anyone? Salam.
eljaunt:
What in a situation the imam is reciting loud and likewise you and you findhed/he finished before you. Would you say Aameen 2 times??
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by daluvdr: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2019
AbuTwins:
Question:
Sheikh Nasiruddin al­Albani Rahimahullah says in his book "Prophet's Prayer Described" that one being led by Imam in loud prayers (i.e. raka'ah when Imam recites loudly) should not recite Al­Fatiha at all but it is must to be recited it in silent prayers (i.e. when Imam recites silently). But opinion of many other major Sheiyookh is that reciting Al­Fatiha is obligatory in every raka'ah whether Imam is reciting silently or loudly. I have read both the opinions and daleel of both opinions looks strong to me. I am not able to decide which one to follow. Please clear this issue for me...Insha'Allah. Also please tell me a general ruling that a person do, should who is not knowledgeable himself, in such a situation when
he is unable to decide which daleel is stronger.

Fatwa:
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Favoring one Madhhab over another is a relative matter. So, what some scholar thinks it is more preponderant can be considered less preponderant according to others. As for this issue, we favor the opinion that says that reciting Fatiha is Rukn (integral part of the prayer) for the Mamoum (the person praying behind an Imam) regardless of whether the prayer is silent (Where one reads silently) or loud (where the person reads loudly).

Abu Dawood reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Perhaps, you recite (some Qur'an in prayer) while standing behind your Imam. They (the companions) said: yes. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam), then said: "Don't do that except if what you are reciting is Al­Fatiha as there is no (valid) prayer for the person who does not recite Al­Fatiha."

As for deciding whether an opinion is more preponderant or less preponderant, this is left to the scholars, who understand very well the different pieces of evidence. So, if the person is not that knowledgeable, he should ask the scholars and act accordingly.
Allah knows best.

Fatwa answered by: The Fatwa Center at Islamweb
Source
Based on the narration recorded by Muslim (when you are in prayers straighten the rows then one of you should lead the rest in prayer, when he makes the takbeer make the takbeer, when he recites be quiet and listen to his recitation) based on this narration scholars have said it is not possible to recite while the imam is reciting and listen at the same time so in obedience to this hadith one should not recite when the imaam is reciting out loud

1 Like

Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by daluvdr: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2019
AbuTwins:
Question:
Sheikh Nasiruddin al­Albani Rahimahullah says in his book "Prophet's Prayer Described" that one being led by Imam in loud prayers (i.e. raka'ah when Imam recites loudly) should not recite Al­Fatiha at all but it is must to be recited it in silent prayers (i.e. when Imam recites silently). But opinion of many other major Sheiyookh is that reciting Al­Fatiha is obligatory in every raka'ah whether Imam is reciting silently or loudly. I have read both the opinions and daleel of both opinions looks strong to me. I am not able to decide which one to follow. Please clear this issue for me...Insha'Allah. Also please tell me a general ruling that a person do, should who is not knowledgeable himself, in such a situation when
he is unable to decide which daleel is stronger.

Fatwa:
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Favoring one Madhhab over another is a relative matter. So, what some scholar thinks it is more preponderant can be considered less preponderant according to others. As for this issue, we favor the opinion that says that reciting Fatiha is Rukn (integral part of the prayer) for the Mamoum (the person praying behind an Imam) regardless of whether the prayer is silent (Where one reads silently) or loud (where the person reads loudly).

Abu Dawood reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Perhaps, you recite (some Qur'an in prayer) while standing behind your Imam. They (the companions) said: yes. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam), then said: "Don't do that except if what you are reciting is Al­Fatiha as there is no (valid) prayer for the person who does not recite Al­Fatiha."

As for deciding whether an opinion is more preponderant or less preponderant, this is left to the scholars, who understand very well the different pieces of evidence. So, if the person is not that knowledgeable, he should ask the scholars and act accordingly.
Allah knows best.

Fatwa answered by: The Fatwa Center at Islamweb
Source
Based on the narration recorded by Muslim (when you are in prayers straighten the rows then one of you should lead the rest in prayer, when he makes the takbeer make the takbeer, when he recites be quiet and listen to his recitation) based on this narration scholars have said it is not possible to recite while the imam is reciting and listen at the same time so in obedience to this hadith one should not recite when the imaam is reciting out loud
In summary their is a difference of opinion among scholars concerning this topic so whatever your opinion don't look at those who choose an opposite opinion as sinners or deviants and Allah knows best
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by Shafiiimran99: 11:49am On Dec 13, 2019
jidamsel43:
Is it a must to recite Fathia behind Imam. What if some recites fathiat behind Imam and he has not finished before Imam goes to rukuh. Will one finishes or join Imam in rukuh
SHAYKH IBN UTHAYMEEN SAID, ONE SHOULD FINISHES IT PROVIDED HE WILL BEABLE TO MEET IMAM AT RUKU (I.E IF IT WERE LIKE A VERSE REMAIN) OTHERWISE HE SHOULD FOLLOW IMAM IMMEDIATELY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Bismillah / Qur’an – The Centripetal Force / Ramadan Countdown: Are You Ready?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.