Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment (7033 Views)

Wike Denies Facebook Posting Credited To Him On Taraba Tribunal Judgment / Summit: Patience Jonathan Denies Blocking Buhari’s Wife / Jonathan Denies Speaking With King Of Morocco, Orders Full Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Boboribo: 12:13am On Nov 27, 2010
Typical of Nigerian politicians, I just heard on AIT that GEJ has distanced himself from the last facebook comment accusing his political oppobent (read Atiku). Well if it is true nothing of substance will ever be attached to his facebook comment and he should be advised to shut the page. Those who supported the comment should lick their a.s.s.e.s.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Blazay(m): 12:18am On Nov 27, 2010
He said,
She said,

Nigeria and pepper soup joint politics.

Meanwhile minimum wage struggles to rise to some 20,000 Naira per annum. cheesy
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Nov 27, 2010
No be im Facebook Again??  cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy @Poster wey source??
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 27, 2010
The same Facebook page they used to declare for Presidency?

Hope they will not wake up one morning and deny they ever declared to run for Presidency?

Anybody who wants to do a U-Turn should do a proper one. There is no point acting like a trailer doing a 5-point on a motorway.

An unreserved appology is a good start.

The reason they are denying is because they are embarrassed by their own comments.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by fstranger: 12:36am On Nov 27, 2010
Kobo sef dey speak broken
hmm, very nice!
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Boboribo: 12:44am On Nov 27, 2010
@ kobo - heard it on AIT midnight news about 40 mins ago. According to the report we should only regard what he says personally.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Boboribo: 12:46am On Nov 27, 2010
Said he doesn't support throwing mud at opponents.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Nov 27, 2010
What he says personally on FACEBOOK? Which one?

I must admit, that attack was definitely a silly one -- not well thought up. Yeah, but does he like having others do it on his behalf so he can tell us he is still a saint in all this? grin
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Beaf: 12:49am On Nov 27, 2010
AIT news = Babangida news.
Rubbish.

I'm enjoying the spectacle of so called "intelligent" folk starting a pepper soup joint story. grin
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Boboribo: 12:56am On Nov 27, 2010
What he says personally on FACEBOOK? Which one?

I must admit, that attack was definitely a silly one -- not well thought up. Yeah, but does he like having others do it on his behalf so he can tell us he is still a saint in all this?
They didn't say but I will guess Ima Niboro will now be issuing statements of directly from his campaign co-ordinators.

@beaf - you can trivialise it for all you care. Typical. Since GEJ is your brother and you know all about him while not call Aso Rock and find out whether indeed they issued any denial. Of course it must be IBB again. Grow up na.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 27, 2010
Jonathan warns supporters not to attribute smear campaigns to him

Abuja (WorldStage Newsonline)-- President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria has reiterated his stand to focus on clean and issue based campaign, warning his supporters not to associate him with any mudslinging in the race towards 2011 elections.
He made reference to some statements wrongly attributed to him which he said were in variance with his stand.

He said he did not want to be associated with some of the objectionable, hurtful, spiteful and divisive statements against other candidates which had been erroneously attributed to him recently.

According to a statement issued by the Presidential aide, Mr. Ima Niboro, the President wanted a halt to such practices and urged the media to only attribute to him henceforth only statements made directly by him or his official spokesperson – his Special Adviser.

He also noted that statements emanating from other government officials or staff of the Jonathan/Sambo Campaign Organisation be clearly attributed to those individuals henceforth.

The President according to his aide considered the ongoing contest for the PDP’s presidential nomination as a contest between brothers who will be obliged at the end of the day to set aside their differences and give their full support to whoever emerges as the party’s flag-bearer for next year’s presidential elections.

The statement reads: “The Office President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has noted with concern the continued attribution to the President by the media of statements neither made nor authorised by him.

”President Jonathan finds this practice very objectionable, especially as some of the statements so wrongly attributed to him are totally at variance with his views and beliefs on the conduct of political competition.

“The President is a firm believer in issues-based politics and totally dissociates himself and his office from some of the rather objectionable, hurtful, spiteful and divisive statements against other candidates which have been erroneously attributed to him recently.

“He therefore requests the media to call a halt to this practice immediately and only attribute to him henceforth statements made directly by him or his official spokesperson – his Special Adviser (Media & Publicity), Mr. Ima Niboro.

“Statements emanating from other government officials or staff of the Jonathan/Sambo Campaign Organisation should be clearly attributed to those individuals and not President Jonathan, and responsibility for such statements must be borne personally by those who issue them.

“Furthermore, President Jonathan requests that all officials, persons, groups and associations that purport to speak in his support or defence in the ongoing campaign for the 2011 presidential elections should be properly guided by the principles of propriety, decorum and fairness.

“The President sees the ongoing contest for the PDP’s presidential nomination as a contest between brothers who will be obliged at the end of the day to set aside their differences, such as they are, to give their full support to whoever emerges as the party’s flag-bearer for next year’s presidential elections.

“He therefore considers the personal attacks on other candidates, some of which have been wrongly attributed to him, as unhelpful and counter-productive.”

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstage/index.php?&id=1341&active=news
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 27, 2010
From now on Government Ministers are on their own.

Our Government is now officially a headless chicken
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Boboribo: 1:03am On Nov 27, 2010
Jonathan warns supporters not to attribute smear campaigns to him

Abuja (WorldStage Newsonline)-- President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria has reiterated his stand to focus on clean and issue based campaign, warning his supporters not to associate him with any mudslinging in the race towards 2011 elections.
He made reference to some statements wrongly attributed to him which he said were in variance with his stand.

He said he did not want to be associated with some of the objectionable, hurtful, spiteful and divisive statements against other candidates which had been erroneously attributed to him recently.

According to a statement issued by the Presidential aide, Mr. Ima Niboro, the President wanted a halt to such practices and urged the media to only attribute to him henceforth only statements made directly by him or his official spokesperson – his Special Adviser.

He also noted that statements emanating from other government officials or staff of the Jonathan/Sambo Campaign Organisation be clearly attributed to those individuals henceforth.

The President according to his aide considered the ongoing contest for the PDP’s presidential nomination as a contest between brothers who will be obliged at the end of the day to set aside their differences and give their full support to whoever emerges as the party’s flag-bearer for next year’s presidential elections.

The statement reads: “The Office President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has noted with concern the continued attribution to the President by the media of statements neither made nor authorised by him.

”President Jonathan finds this practice very objectionable, especially as some of the statements so wrongly attributed to him are totally at variance with his views and beliefs on the conduct of political competition.

“The President is a firm believer in issues-based politics and totally dissociates himself and his office from some of the rather objectionable, hurtful, spiteful and divisive statements against other candidates which have been erroneously attributed to him recently.

“He therefore requests the media to call a halt to this practice immediately and only attribute to him henceforth statements made directly by him or his official spokesperson – his Special Adviser (Media & Publicity), Mr. Ima Niboro.

“Statements emanating from other government officials or staff of the Jonathan/Sambo Campaign Organisation should be clearly attributed to those individuals and not President Jonathan, and responsibility for such statements must be borne personally by those who issue them.

“Furthermore, President Jonathan requests that all officials, persons, groups and associations that purport to speak in his support or defence in the ongoing campaign for the 2011 presidential elections should be properly guided by the principles of propriety, decorum and fairness.

“The President sees the ongoing contest for the PDP’s presidential nomination as a contest between brothers who will be obliged at the end of the day to set aside their differences, such as they are, to give their full support to whoever emerges as the party’s flag-bearer for next year’s presidential elections.

“He therefore considers the personal attacks on other candidates, some of which have been wrongly attributed to him, as unhelpful and counter-productive.”

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstage/index.php?&id=1341&active=news

Thanks man. Oya Beaf respond. IBB owns the site too abi?
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 27, 2010
Boboribo:

Thanks man. Oya Beaf respond. IBB owns the site too abi?

Forget Beaf, he is a good for nothing little boy.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Beaf: 1:11am On Nov 27, 2010
@krendo

Can you show me the exact line in the article you posted that says anything about "facebook?" grin
You guys are so funny, petty and even shameless.

"Intelligent" people starting a pepper soup based rumour!!! I find it so damned funny!!! Chei!!! grin grin grin grin

Abeg, continue pepper souping jare! Its the new comedy.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 27, 2010
Beaf:

@krendo

Can you show me the exact line in the article you posted that says anything about "facebook?" grin

"Intelligent" people starting a pepper soup based rumour!!! I find it so damned funny!!! Chei!!! grin grin grin grin

You are no longer arguing about whether there was a denial
You are no longer arguing that AIT belongs to IBB
Now it where is Facebook written in the Article
What will you argue next?

Proof that it is Jonathan who gives Ima Niboro authorisation to speak.

Grow up boy before you die of heart attack in your senseless defence of Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Abagworo(m): 1:25am On Nov 27, 2010
I expected this since that time some of his supporters like beaf started accusing IBB and northerners falsely of an obvious MEND bombing.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Kobojunkie: 1:29am On Nov 27, 2010
Aboki MEND  . . . . ROFLMAO!!!!

You know someone has completely lost it when he starts uttering such nonsense . . . lol
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by 1025: 1:29am On Nov 27, 2010
@krendo

Can you show me the exact line in the article you posted that says anything about "facebook?" Grin

"Intelligent" people starting a pepper soup based rumour!!! I find it so damned funny!!! Chei!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

@beaf,
even if they cut off ur head, u will not accept nothing because u are born to refuse.
without rigging, as long as obasanjo is backing this jonathan, i will tell u that jonathan cannot win even me in bayelsa.
do u think bayelsa ppl are happy with what obasanjo did to alams or do u think they forgiven them?
alams is their real hero and watch events they unfold. jonathan is a green snake in a green grass. he has never been a good deputy or vice.
the two ppl he deputised (alams and yar adua) ended up in tragedy.
he has been talking to us, laughing on facebook so why is he denying now?
i know that this facebook madness will soon come to an end.
one man here said jonathan is tripping him on facebook, who knows what that uncle will be saying now that he said he is not the one talking.
who is sure is not jonathan's wife writing all that.
i have been wondering how our president will have all this time in the world to attend to heaps of comments on facebook.
president sir, if nobody believes u, i believe u and i know that; IT WASN'T YOU.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Beaf: 1:44am On Nov 27, 2010
krendo:

You are no longer arguing about whether there was a denial
You are no longer arguing that AIT belongs to IBB
Now it where is Facebook written in the Article
What will you argue next?

Proof that it is Jonathan who gives Ima Niboro authorisation to speak.

Grow up boy before you die of heart attack in your senseless defence of Jonathan.

Dude, this is the title of the current thread, "Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment."
Abi you no wash ya eyes before rushing out wit di kain rubbish wen you post? How does what you posted support the denial of of the facebook entry? shocked
Where exactly is facebook mentioned in what you posted? Kai! shocked

I'm laughing so much at the ridiculous show of shame by so called "intelligent" rumour mongering grown ups.

I'm highly pepper souped by it all!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Iya akara! Abeg serve me shaki and anoda chilled odeku jare!
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by OYBMEND: 1:52am On Nov 27, 2010
Political climbdowns are not usually very specific

but every honest person knows that this latest proclamation from the Jonathan camp is a climb down from all that has been said from their camp against Atiku.

From Aganga calling Atiku ignorant on economics, to the Facebook comment.

It is a climbdown after realising misteps.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Beaf: 1:58am On Nov 27, 2010
^
Another angle to the pepper soup!

Has the facebook entry been altered in any way? No!; http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/143930442326612

You folk can wish whatever you like, but do not attribute your wishes to GEJ. That is exactly what he is against.

Dis shaki is too sweet sha! grin
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by OYBMEND: 2:03am On Nov 27, 2010
Stop abusing everybody on this site ok?

You are turning a nuisance to everyone

including yourself

can't you post your argument without getting personal?

This forum is not for under 18s please!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Beaf: 2:25am On Nov 27, 2010
^
Sir, I am not abusing anybody. Why would I do such a thing? shocked
I'm only laughing at Iya akara's pepper soup joint customers who are here starting beer palour rumours.

Damn! I am deeply pepper souped by their antics!!!! grin grin grin grin
Proper weekend entertainment!
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Pharoh: 4:10am On Nov 27, 2010
Boboribo:

Typical of Nigerian politicians, I just heard on AIT that GEJ has distanced himself from the last facebook comment accusing his political oppobent (read Atiku). Well if it is true nothing of substance will ever be attached to his facebook comment and he should be advised to shut the page. Those who supported the comment should lick their a.s.s.e.s.

Why don't you post the last facebook comment here?, He was simply saying people should not mistake his last facebook comments as throwing muds at his opponents.

Did you realize that no specific name was mentioned in that comment?
Was he the one that came to AIT to deny the comment or is it the typical nigerian dem say dem say you are throwing here?
So Goodluck now has only one political opponent and where does that leave IBB, Gusua, Buhari and ribadu?
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Kobojunkie: 4:19am On Nov 27, 2010
Pharoh:

Why don't you post the last facebook comment here?, He was simply saying people should not mistake his last facebook comments as throwing muds at his opponents.

Did you realize that  no specific name was mentioned in that comment?
Was he the one that came to AIT to deny the comment or is it the typical nigerian dem say dem say you are throwing here?
So Goodluck now has only one political opponent and where does that leave IBB, Gusua, Buhari and ribadu?
Sure, the @poster must have misheard but he is right in the facebook reference. The same day the president releases the post explaining how he is a saint compared to those who attack him, his campaign is also claimed to have come up with the following, among others . . .

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5646655-146/campaign_team_slams_atiku_on_economy.csp

In essence, he did not have to mention names but I am certain it does not take a genius to realize where that was probably heading. If the man did not sense it, then there really would have been no reason for him to make any statements on his post on facebook and comments being made by people claiming to be on his behalf.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Pharoh: 4:51am On Nov 27, 2010
@Kobo

Here is goodluck statement on facebook and i know it was directed at atiku for sure.

I was loyal to my leader, the late great President Umaru Yar'adua. I am loyal to Nigeria, I don't claim to represent North, South or a Committee-I represent Nigeria. I am loyal to Nigeria's economy, I don't have accounts or property abroad, ALL my children live and school in Nigeria. I am loyal to my wife and friends. , Can those who accuse me say the same? GEJ

He is simply reaffirming his loyalty to nigeria and to the unity of the country because what atiku and ciroma did there shows no loyalty to nigeria neither to its unity. As a candidate he believes in democracy, due and transparent process and not the one of atiku.

Atiku accused him of mismanaging the economy and he is simply refuting that by saying he is loyal to the economy. It was just a statement of showing his integrity when compared to atiku's and refuting the attack from atiku. There is simply no comment to deny here and as for link you posted i will dig in on that soon.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Pharoh: 5:13am On Nov 27, 2010
“Why are our budgets not being implemented? Why has the money in our excess crude account disappeared at a time when oil prices have been way above the benchmark used for our budget estimates? Why are our foreign reserves being depleted to dangerous levels leading to rating agencies downgrading our status? Why is this government quickly dragging us back to indebtedness after we worked so hard and sacrificed so much in the past to pull ourselves out of debt slavery.”

@Kobo

The reply from Jonathan's campaign team was simply also to refute his childish remarks and advice him to tread softly. Our ratings has not changed and the present budget has already been implemented by 70% as at now. Our foreign reserves is not depleted, current standing is at 33 billion dollars. Yar-Adua has already been borrowing money before goodluck became the president so what is he on about?.

Where has he been all these while, or is it after he became the consensus candidate that he knows about all these. He is a cheap hypocrite in my humble opinion and as for the depleted excess crude account. That account belongs to the governors and president so he should not even go there. Why can't he attack the governors as well?, or is it only goodluck that is spending the money?

During his time, did they not also touch the excess crude account? Where the banks healthy during their time? What does he know about the 100bn road construction budget?, The money we wasted to sort or power issues?. He can simply go and jump into the nearest lagoon.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 27, 2010
Haba People I opened this thread thinking there was a story of Jonathan denying his comments on facebook and here I am confused with the reasoning of some folks here---- The Poster showed no story of such, then foolishly displayed his ignorance by posting a story that has no connection to the topic he posted, folks like this would be the first to hit out at journalist for sensational stories, what has GEJ calling for a clean campaign as shown by the news posted here and his denial of his facebook comment=====NONE, do you guys read backwards or you read between and above lines, please mr poster do yourself a favour and change the caption of your thread it has nothing to do with a facebook denial or retraction by GEJ and everything to do with you just being mischievous or plain daft at comprehending reports.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by PapaBrowne(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2010
Ok, that average shallow Nairaland mentality is raving on here. . . .

Where in the article was facebook mentioned. FYI, this article is a response to a vanguard publication with headline
Atiku: Obasanjo Laughs. He Should Be in Jail- Jonathan

After reading the body of the article, there was no reference to Jonathan making any comment. Rather, it is one of his campaign coordinators that said Atiku ought to be in jail for despoiling the Nigerian economy. That is what this response is about. It has nothing to do with his facebook comments!

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/atiku-obasanjo-laughs/

Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Boboribo: 9:37am On Nov 27, 2010
So you people are waiting for the word "facebook". Continue waiting.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Beaf: 9:40am On Nov 27, 2010
Boboribo:

So you people are waiting for the word "facebook". Continue waiting.

Yes o! You can't just manufacture news as you like. Its bloody primitive. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can any Nigerian force be this friendly? Selfie with force men on parades / Minimum Wage: Ogun Workers Threaten Strike, Give Abiodun 14-Day Ultimatum / What Does Lalasticlala Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.