Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account (3891 Views)

Taofeek Arapaja Returns N36,000,000 Paid Into His Account (Letter) / Three PDP NWC Members Return ‘mysterious’ N93.6m Paid Into Accounts / Peter Obi: Oil Money Not Paid Into FG Account Since January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by ProtectMyMoney: 5:08am On Dec 14, 2019
Kudos to the guy who returned the money.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by orisa37: 5:28am On Dec 14, 2019
beresponsible:
You honest or mumu. I dunno which one

The Dog says mumu.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by orisa37: 5:32am On Dec 14, 2019
This is a lie. And a 2019 BUHARI/Buraitai Clap-trap.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by orisa37: 5:50am On Dec 14, 2019
That Con-man is an I'mam from DAURA. He's trying to prove that Pharaoh didn't sink in The Red Sea.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by HenryWilliams(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:

I'm telling you, if your acc had never had up to a million in it at a time and that amount is now paid into it, you will need to go to the bank for questioning before you can access the acc.

Though there are exceptions for obvious reasons.

Pls where are the bankers in the house?

Tho I'm not a banker I can easily relate with you on this. If an account has never received an unusual substantial amount before, like say 100million, the bank will automatically flag it. When you attempt to withdraw via ATM or POS, you won't be able to unless you physically appear at the bank to explain the source.
The good thing is once you've cleared yourself. Another big money coming in won't ruffle any feathers.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Ayoemrys(m): 7:09am On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:
He has no other choice than to return it.

He won't even be able to access the account.
true ralk
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Simplyleo: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2019
HenryWilliams:

Tho I'm not a banker I can easily relate with you on this. If an account has never received an unusual substantial amount before, like say 100million, the bank will automatically flag it. When you attempt to withdraw via ATM or POS, you won't be able to unless you physically appear at the bank to explain the source.
The good thing is once you've cleared yourself. Another big money coming in won't ruffle any feathers.
You dey mind dem ni.

Some people think.banks are fools.

As you have rightly said, once you clear yourself for the first time, subsequent inflow of that amount won't be an issue, but for the first time, you must be physically present in the bank for questioning.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by GEJDHERO: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:

Is not even about looking for him. He will be denied access into his account until the case is resolved.

Let me tell you, if a million is paid into your account for the first time, you won't be allowed access into that acc until the bank is convinced it is legit, not to talk of a mistake.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by GEJDHERO: 7:51am On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:

Is not even about looking for him. He will be denied access into his account until the case is resolved.

Let me tell you, if a million is paid into your account for the first time, you won't be allowed access into that acc until the bank is convinced it is legit, not to talk of a mistake.
U lie
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by chibaby1985(f): 8:03am On Dec 14, 2019
Are there no bankers in the house?
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by jahsharon: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2019
Davash222:
Call me greedy or whatever, I ain't returning any money!
I always pray for unmerited favour every morning, what other unmerited favour am I waiting for again if I return the money

Whom are you praying to? My God is not a thief, seems your own god is.
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by chibaby1985(f): 8:26am On Dec 14, 2019
jahsharon:

Whom are you praying to? My God is not a thief, seems your own god is.
You wan fight ba?
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by LilSmith55(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2019
If na me, I go spent inside the money sha... abi, #97,800, 000 go do dem na
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by godlyguy(m): 5:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
grin
LilSmith55:
If na me, I go spent inside the money sha... abi, #97,800, 000 go do dem na
Re: Nigerian Man Returns ₦98million That Was Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by seborrhic: 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
fkj950ax:
Absolute rubbish post by the man.
He would have gone to jail for 98 years with 98 members of his family.
He had no choice.
Okoroawusa:

He will be on the run for the rest of his life because the will know the account the money went into when they start looking for it.
Okoroawusa:

Don't mind him. The bank will still find out sooner or later.
HenryWilliams:

maynation:
What would he have done if he didn't return it?
Simplyleo:

You dey mind dem ni.

Some people think.banks are fools.

As you have rightly said, once you clear yourself for the first time, subsequent inflow of that amount won't be an issue, but for the first time, you must be physically present in the bank for questioning.

maynation:
What would he have done if he didn't return it?
My day is always made when in the midst of a throng of functional illiterates and believers in the commonsensically impossible on cyberspace,there are still many that use their brain and education the way it should be used.
That man deserves no praise.
He simply saved himself from jail term because he would easily have been caught,arrested and jailed if he attempted taking one single Kobo from that money.So why does he want it to look as if he did something so noble for a crime he would have paid dearly for if he committed it?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Zones Party Chairman To N/E, Secretary To S/E, Publicity To S/W / Biafra Republic Versus Igbo Republic / Some States That Are Sure For Obi, Atiku, Tinubu & Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.