Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole (37867 Views)

I Fought You Because Of Politics - Oshiomhole Tells Jonathan / I Fought You Because Of Politics – Oshiomhole Admits To Jonathan (photos) / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Enyibaba: 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
National chairman of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has debunked reports that he was placed under house arrest and also described himself as the ‘he-goat’ of Edo politics.

Oshiomhole spoke Friday afternoon, while addressing journalists at his Benin GRA residence, where Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, a new APC convert from the PDP, was presented to him by Hillard Etta, the national vice chairman (south-south) of the party.

A rally to receive Iyamu into the APC fold had held earlier, in a venue different from the one police disapproved.

Oshiomhole did not attend the rally.

He said he was not surprised he was the butt of attacks by some within the party, because, like the proverbial he-goat, he will always be at the receiving end of the party’s crisis in the state.

“I saw that they write a story from the Government House that I’m under house arrest. You can see, either way, they want to make me look like the proverbial he-goat.

“In the traditional Nigerian society, when the family child is sick, and you go and consult the traditional native doctor, he will ask them to sacrifice a he-goat, so that witches and wizards will not kill the child.

“On the hand, when a baby is born or they are celebrating birthday or something good is happening to the family, they get a he-goat, they slaughter and celebrate. So, either way, the he-goat is in trouble.

“God knows my heart, and he will help me and he has been helping me. We will sustain the governance of this state under the APC, with Edo people as our principals and our ultimate employers, and to them, we are grateful for the support they have given us in spite of any weaknesses we have,” Oshiomhole said.

Oshiomhole said he stayed away from Ize-Iyamu’s rally to sustain the peace of the party.

“Our party doesn’t believe in rigging, certainly not in this state. We have entrenched the culture of one-man-one-vote, and the name of the game is not threat, the name of the game is persuasion. That day, everybody is equal,” he said.

Oshiomhole who blamed the state Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu, for the crisis rocking the state chapter of the party, however noted that the real victim of the crisis will be Governor Godwin Obaseki.

“The real man who is the executioner of violence is Philip Shaibu, but he doesn’t understand that the real damage is to his Principal, and his Principal is not able to see through their own frustration,” he said.

He however insisted that members of the party must work to sustain peace.

“There will be peace. Today we have tested that, but I wasn’t there, which shows that this peace is not in the hands of one man. Once the party below is united, that is what matters and that is what we have displayed today, where people from all parts of the state came with one objective, to welcome people into the party.

“You have tension when you find out that the local party members are fighting each other, because, party membership, you can remain there as long as you obey the rules of the party.

“There is no limit for being a member of APC, but there is limit for being chairman, there is limit for being governor and there is limit to the tenure of being president, but there is no limit for being a member.

“So, once the members are united and comfortable, we will sustain the path of peace. That is why I opted not to go there today,” he said.

Source: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/12/13/oshiomhole-i-am-a-he-goat/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Brandstudio01: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
Our Political Class indeed. All for the sake of Task Payers money

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by emeijeh(m): 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2019
2 ewu

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by EvilPOTATO(m): 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2019
Since yesterday, Thursday, I have been down with severe backache, runny nose and malaria. Although I am trying to treat it with lemon juice but it isn't helping.
I have nothing on me to even afford ordinary amala tablets. Please family I need help

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by jimyjames(m): 8:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
at least they have one thing in common both of them are EWU

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by ZombieTERROR: 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2019
Oshiomole fought godfathers in Edo State ..

Now he is exactly what he fought years ago

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Lcf69(m): 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2019
WOwww!!! Mr Gov wl then tactically abort all Ur foetus politically.

4 Likes

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by tobechi74: 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
THE ONLY GOATS WE KNOW ARE RONALDO AND MESSI

YOU TWO ARE EDO SHEEPS

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Judicible(m): 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2019
But both of you are goats

4 Likes

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Timoleon(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2019
More like the frog eye of edo politics undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Officialgarri: 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2019
Apc has never had a party chairman as effective as the Great Oshiomole.

This man despite in-house opposition has continued to claim seats for the party.

As at now, he remains indispensable.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Passionate888: 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
Smelly he-goat

7 Likes

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by pahen1991: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2019
EvilPOTATO:

Since yesterday, Thursday, I have been down with severe backache, runny nose and malaria. Although I am trying to treat it with lemon juice but it isn't helping.
I have nothing on me to even afford ordinary amala tablets. Please family I need help
what's your location

3 Likes

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2019
He-goats are meant to be used for Asun.

time to go get a grill..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by id4sho(m): 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2019
Ewu, Aturu Awusa

12 Likes

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Muhylonaire(m): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2019
Lmao... You resemble goat before na... So we know

3 Likes

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by careytommy37(m): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2019
We already know
Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by chakula: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
He goat indeed.

3 Likes

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by lessonsoflife: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
So you have been the one sniffing around the anus of Obaseki.
Obaseki will mess on that your black face.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Wickedfacts: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Oshiomole fought godfathers in Edo State ..

Now he is exactly what he fought years ago

Shouldn't you be happy and use that as a campaign point for your PDP so that they can defeat Apc? Or why are you crying more than Obaseki himself?

Political undertakers. You guys from that side are talented in organising political burial for whoever you support. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by heckymaicon(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
95% of naija politicians are real goats. Ewure dem

2 Likes

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by id4sho(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
olaboy33:
nipples
Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
undecided
Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Imstrong2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
And what exactly is the primary function of a he goat

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by mikeyung71(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
If you’re here you didn’t read the article and you’re like me here to read the comments, like and share you hear. cool

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm The He-Goat Of Edo Politics - Oshiomhole by Criticaltemp: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
This man is useless.. He is really a goat

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Explains The BVAS Every Nigerian Should Reconfigure / Osun Rerun Election: Military Replaces Police / Questions Asked By Governor Ayodele Fayose: Who Has Answers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.