Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) (1251 Views)

How True Is The Myth About This Plant And What's The English Name / Help! Pls What Is This Plant Growing In My Nursery? / Please What Is The Name Of This Plant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 14, 2019
It fell from the tree. Please who knows the nae

Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 14, 2019
Nigerians call it :Sawachop

Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by Olachase(m): 7:55am On Dec 14, 2019
here in the ghetto we call it problem child
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by Higgies(m): 8:44am On Dec 14, 2019
Is that not Breadfruit (Artocarpus altilis) ?

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by Bitcoinomy(m): 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
soursop
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by paix(m): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2019
Higgies:

Are you answering the OP or asking him?
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by Unazzi: 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2019
BLUELemon:
It fell from the tree. Please who knows the nae

It's not soursop. As a child we called it breadfruit in the village but this is different from what the Igbos popularly call breadfruit though they have similar outside appearance. The fruits inside this one have shapes like colanut. With color and shell like bitter cola. We ate them boiled or roast. Very delicious grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by drake2(m): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
Show the leaves and their arrangements for confirmation. It could be Artocarpus spp or Annona murricata.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by slimiyke(m): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
Higgies:

Looks like one
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by noblefrank31(m): 11:27am On Dec 15, 2019
JackFruit. Look it up on Google too!
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
I just came on now to see all this names. Thanks alot.. I am grateful
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by DarkJeddi(m): 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2019
It's a Jackfruit,though your pics makes it look like a Soursop.. shocked
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by DarkJeddi(m): 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
Unazzi:

It's not soursop. As a child we called it breadfruit in the village but this is different from what the Igbos popularly call breadfruit though they have similar outside appearance. The fruits inside this one have shapes like colanut. With color and shell like bitter cola. We ate them boiled or roast. Very delicious grin
Jackfruit(Ukwa Oyibo)..
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Plant (PICTURES) by deuzgreat: 6:42am On Dec 28, 2019
My dad calls it breadfruit back then. I heard there's a variant used to make pounded swallow like pounded yam.

(1) (Reply)

Turkey,broilers And Noiler / What Is The Name Of This Plant? / Why Is Everybody Want To Eat But Run Away From Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.