Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die (59517 Views)

Adeboye: I Know A Name That Can Change Nigeria / Adeboye: I Will Receive COVID-19 Vaccine For The Sake Of The Gospel / Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by bamburh: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2019
solmusdesigns:
church as big as ibadan?? in terms of land mass or population ?

Help me ask him ooo

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Flets: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2019
Has church building ever helped us?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by sageer1706(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2019
Ibadan too small na, why not as big as NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Alawode01(m): 9:10am On Dec 15, 2019
This faith
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by kelvxyn: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2019
U av said it all.
OkCornel:
Interesting...

I wonder how this would translate to improving people spiritually and morally.

Many church buildings springing up, but moral values on the steady decline.

Well, unless the vast majority of people filling these churches are hypocrites.

Those who hate to hear the truth will see no meaning in this post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 15, 2019
Maximus69:

The flaws in Baba's statement is simple and easy to point out, but Churchgoers have been blinded by credulity so it can't be that easy for people without the knowledge of God to figure out that the man is FAKE!

Note the word "I will"

Take note of the person who said something similar in ancient times! Well his name is David (second Israelite's King). This man wanted to build a house for God but the idea was rejected because David has "too much blood in his hands"

So David passed on the task to his son Solomon who later built a marvelous temple for God in Jerusalem.

Now let's look critically into the issue. David and Solomon were Kings having authority over the resources of their nation that's why they could divert such huge material resources to such a gigantic project.

If we're to look at this Baba talking, he claims to be a Christian and according to the Bible no single individual amongst Christians ever embarked on such a project (to build a house for God).

Christians in the first century come together and materials were gathered from the purses of each member (as they're able to spare) and they spend each dime on what's necessary. Because whatever they do is to the glory of God, so none of them could say "I will do this" since the money belongs to the church and NOT any individual!

With this statement Baba has exposed himself as the alpha and omega of all the contributions those Churchgoers under him brings in!

Even Jesus Christ has no such say on what was given to his group, rather he allowed the cash to be in the hand of one of his followers. And when they were in dare need pay for something really serious Jesus asked them to go and use the money they find IN A FISH, why?

Because he is not in charge of whatever is in the treasury, it belongs to the group to decide what to do or how to spend it! undecided

Chief, abeg stop downgrading someone's hustle. If e pepper you for body, go start your own church. I'm not a fan of most Nigerian clerics but people like Adeboye ,Olukoya and Kumuyi are evangelists that i read their books with a clear cut message.
These are people that would tell you that all these youthful exuberance we're partaking in now, they have had their share when they were young, so for God to pull them out of such situation and make them leaders in our religious circles, you should not be quick to criticise them.
You made a salient point which i really appreciate but if churches decides to build auditoriums and all instead of strip clubs, and other immoral places, it is better.

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by MrDexter(m): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2019
Maximus69:

The flaws in Baba's statement is simple and easy to point out, but Churchgoers have been blinded by credulity so it can't be that easy for people without the knowledge of God to figure out that the man is FAKE!

Note the word "I will"

Take note of the person who said something similar in ancient times! Well his name is David (second Israelite's King). This man wanted to build a house for God but the idea was rejected because David has "too much blood in his hands"

So David passed on the task to his son Solomon who later built a marvelous temple for God in Jerusalem.

Now let's look critically into the issue. David and Solomon were Kings having authority over the resources of their nation that's why they could divert such huge material resources to such a gigantic project.

If we're to look at this Baba talking, he claims to be a Christian and according to the Bible no single individual amongst Christians ever embarked on such a project (to build a house for God).

Christians in the first century come together and materials were gathered from the purses of each member (as they're able to spare) and they spend each dime on what's necessary. Because whatever they do is to the glory of God, so none of them could say "I will do this" since the money belongs to the church and NOT any individual!

With this statement Baba has exposed himself as the alpha and omega of all the contributions those Churchgoers under him brings in!

Even Jesus Christ has no such say on what was given to his group, rather he allowed the cash to be in the hand of one of his followers. And when they were in dare need pay for something really serious Jesus asked them to go and use the money they find IN A FISH, why?

Because he is not in charge of whatever is in the treasury, it belongs to the group to decide what to do or how to spend it! undecided

My g all these yarns na okoto meow Kutukutu meow skr tbh

*In his words: “If anybody tells you Pastor Adeboye is dead, don’t believe them because God is going to build us the auditorium as big as Ibadan. Until that is done, I’m not going anywhere.”*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by lomprico(m): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2019
Pride and greed!

someone should tell that man to read Luke 12:13-21.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by olayiwola72(m): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2019
Foolish man
Some gullible will stil attack me for calling him foolish man

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by nairalanduseles: 9:14am On Dec 15, 2019
TheApologist:
To what end?

Greed
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by olab059(m): 9:15am On Dec 15, 2019
As big as Ibadan!! shocked shocked Ibadan is massive o!
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by nairalanduseles: 9:15am On Dec 15, 2019
olayiwola72:
Foolish man
Some gullible will stil attack me for calling him foolish man

He aint foolish bro.......anyone who can manipulate millions of people is definitely not foolish

18 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by poweredcom(m): 9:15am On Dec 15, 2019
Daddy GO e be like say ur brain don de Mara

Your mates are building factories to manufacture good and server the teaming population his dream is to build the biggest church as big as ibadan

Shame to africans

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by otokx(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2019
OnPointMan:
I guess baba was using hyperbole. Abi na for Mars e wan see land where e go build the auditorium?

Anyway, somebody shout Hallelujah!

He may be referring to Sambisa forest.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by akeensbussy(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2019
Religion Remain a Scam

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2019
Misplaced priority.Instead of craving for Guinness World Record,We should be seeking for Salvation at this point in time not building churches.It's time naija repents and accept Christ.
"If my people.........
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by femi4: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2019
Build people and not Churches .

Jesus built Peter and the rest is history

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2019
DonBenny77:
I was and still there live at the Congress the great TURNAROUND.
I wonder what Osinbajo was doing there though that man no get fear of God......
The lord's will shall come to pass.
Only agents of darkness will frown at this news
Na today Nigeria dey turnaround infact Nigeria is turninoninown.
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Neoteny(m): 9:18am On Dec 15, 2019
DonBenny77:
I was and still there live at the Congress the great TURNAROUND.
I wonder what Osinbajo was doing there though that man no get fear of God......
The lord's will shall come to pass.
Only agents of darkness will frown at this news

Or sensible civil engineers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:18am On Dec 15, 2019
akeensbussy:
Religion Remain a Scam
I swear grin grin
Scamming the gullible members as usual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Jalabase(m): 9:18am On Dec 15, 2019
Maximus69:

Note the word "I will"

t! undecided

Did you read the last paragraph of the article.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by olayiwola72(m): 9:20am On Dec 15, 2019
nairalanduseles:

He aint foolish bro.......anyone who can manipulate millions of people is definitely not foolish

Manipulate my asss

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Adakintroy2: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2019
The challenge take a personal note at times. Man cannot help to consult with himself who takes the glory for all this work.

It's not easy to give God the glory at times as men.
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by pat077: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2019
Why not build factory as large as ibadan so that some of your church members can be employed.

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Sheriman(m): 9:21am On Dec 15, 2019
Why can't he build Church as big as The World shocked angry angry
Nonsense!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by mikoloson: 9:22am On Dec 15, 2019
OkCornel:
Interesting...

I wonder how this would translate to improving people spiritually and morally.

Many church buildings springing up, but moral values on the steady decline.

Well, unless the vast majority of people filling these churches are hypocrites.

Those who hate to hear the truth will see no meaning in this post.

What we need in our churches to boost moral values is to make the churches so small at least in 50s and start writing Exams in churches, compensate those who succeeded. That way our moral values will improve, instead of preaching to 100,000 people at a time, no class will thrive like that.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by lanreblow: 9:23am On Dec 15, 2019
Maximus69:

Note the word "I will"

Beautiful Nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Woju9658: 9:23am On Dec 15, 2019
Ibadan _____ haaa if na land mass Ibadan big ooooo

From Elebu to olodo

Where you wan see the land
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by ElGood: 9:24am On Dec 15, 2019
Another round of collecting long long offering, seed sowing, donations, special collection for years to come for this project. RCCG members additional expenses don catch una from now to very long time ahead.
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by oyaaa(m): 9:25am On Dec 15, 2019
StrikeBack:
Sir, whether you like it or not you will still DIE so will everyone.

All this tactics to collect money don cast
God have mercy on you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches / Isaac Amata: "Hillary Clinton Will Win US Presidential Election" / Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.