Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die (59528 Views)

Adeboye: I Know A Name That Can Change Nigeria / Adeboye: I Will Receive COVID-19 Vaccine For The Sake Of The Gospel / Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Beosten(m): 11:20am On Dec 15, 2019
StacyO:

It is ocean

It's rain.
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by m140(m): 11:20am On Dec 15, 2019
solmusdesigns:

i wo lomo cant i count their money in peace
Go collect am na. Who said you shouldn't build your business to take in 10billion every week
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Kobicove(m): 11:20am On Dec 15, 2019
How will this help our economy? undecided
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by afroxyz: 11:20am On Dec 15, 2019
why not build a factory as big as Ibadan? mumu

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by solmusdesigns: 11:23am On Dec 15, 2019
m140:

Go collect am na. Who said you shouldn't build your business to take in 10billion every week

and who told you am not building my business?
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by muffyt05: 11:25am On Dec 15, 2019
Even though I'm not against building a big edifice for God but I know that Christianity and making heaven is not about all about how big the church is but the mindset and the relationship of the congregants with God.
Most of the churches are more concerned about the size of their buildings cos it's an investment to them rather than truly looking out for their members.
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Le124(m): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2019
Many people like you on this nairaland are just illiterate and too tired to read, you will just read the headline and not the message, in his quote the he say I will? You are part of the problem in this country and the reason for social media bill
Maximus69:

The flaws in Baba's statement is simple and easy to point out, but Churchgoers have been blinded by credulity so it can't be that easy for people without the knowledge of God to figure out that the man is FAKE!

Note the word "I will"

Take note of the person who said something similar in ancient times! Well his name is David (second Israelite's King). This man wanted to build a house for God but the idea was rejected because David has "too much blood in his hands"

So David passed on the task to his son Solomon who later built a marvelous temple for God in Jerusalem.

Now let's look critically into the issue. David and Solomon were Kings having authority over the resources of their nation that's why they could divert such huge material resources to such a gigantic project.

If we're to look at this Baba talking, he claims to be a Christian and according to the Bible no single individual amongst Christians ever embarked on such a project (to build a house for God).

Christians in the first century come together and materials were gathered from the purses of each member (as they're able to spare) and they spend each dime on what's necessary. Because whatever they do is to the glory of God, so none of them could say "I will do this" since the money belongs to the church and NOT any individual!

With this statement Baba has exposed himself as the alpha and omega of all the contributions those Churchgoers under him brings in!

Even Jesus Christ has no such say on what was given to his group, rather he allowed the cash to be in the hand of one of his followers. And when they were in dare need pay for something really serious Jesus asked them to go and use the money they find IN A FISH, why?

Because he is not in charge of whatever is in the treasury, it belongs to the group to decide what to do or how to spend it! undecided

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by m140(m): 11:29am On Dec 15, 2019
solmusdesigns:

and who told you am not building my business?
Do you know dangote, group, Gtb, zenith, forte oil, conoil, globacom. Rccg,living faith, ,,, you need work, them don do theirs reach where everyone knows them,
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by lomprico(m): 11:29am On Dec 15, 2019
nairalanduseles:

He aint foolish bro.......anyone who can manipulate millions of people is definitely not foolish

you are right! his believers and followers are the foolish ones.
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by franconero1988: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2019
its well..
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by amsktn: 11:31am On Dec 15, 2019
BUILD PEOPLE NOT CHURCH

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by MOVIC6: 11:32am On Dec 15, 2019
Nigeria is in chains. As educated and spiritual as he claims to be, why don't you use the money to bring lots of people out of poverty by empowering them, why why why why why ...

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by larryking540: 11:33am On Dec 15, 2019
freethinker01:
How exactly would this help us develop?

My dear I leave in UAE when u see building covering a land mass of not more than 100 by 100 ,(sky scrappers)
U begin to wonder ,where nigeria belong to when it comes to development ,

He actually wants to build a church as big as ibadan sorry to ask Shae na Bible the members go day eat every day ,

Go to Edo state and see the way youths are into frudeulent acts or touts life ,

While one pastor is building a mega Church using a whole community ,which the government should have use to build industry to occupy the youths from taking weeds every morning and the ladies from prostitution
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by larryking540: 11:34am On Dec 15, 2019
MOVIC6:
Nigeria is in chains. As educated and spiritual as he claims to be, why don't you use the money to bring lots of people out of poverty by empowering them, why why why why why ...
Exactly ,na bad tin if he set up a car manufacturing company or generator since the government are not serious ,
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by oyaaa(m): 11:38am On Dec 15, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
na lie him lie? All na gimmicks to collect more money from the gullible members like you.
smh
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by oyaaa(m): 11:39am On Dec 15, 2019
lomprico:

oh! don't be silly!
Well giving tithes and offering was never by force
He never said it was neither does the bible say so
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by lomprico(m): 11:42am On Dec 15, 2019
oyaaa:
Well giving tithes and offering was never by force
He never said it was neither does the bible say so

who is talking about tithe? undecided
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Coolgent(m): 11:42am On Dec 15, 2019
Oga PartorEntrepreneur why not build Company for pur jobless and underemployed youth
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Thegoodone13(m): 11:43am On Dec 15, 2019
He is speaking figuratively.
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by iamdrduru: 11:44am On Dec 15, 2019
Maximus69:

The flaws in Baba's statement is simple and easy to point out, but Churchgoers have been blinded by credulity so it can't be that easy for people without the knowledge of God to figure out that the man is FAKE!

Note the word "I will"

Take note of the person who said something similar in ancient times! Well his name is David (second Israelite's King). This man wanted to build a house for God but the idea was rejected because David has "too much blood in his hands"

So David passed on the task to his son Solomon who later built a marvelous temple for God in Jerusalem.

Now let's look critically into the issue. David and Solomon were Kings having authority over the resources of their nation that's why they could divert such huge material resources to such a gigantic project.

If we're to look at this Baba talking, he claims to be a Christian and according to the Bible no single individual amongst Christians ever embarked on such a project (to build a house for God).

Christians in the first century come together and materials were gathered from the purses of each member (as they're able to spare) and they spend each dime on what's necessary. Because whatever they do is to the glory of God, so none of them could say "I will do this" since the money belongs to the church and NOT any individual!

With this statement Baba has exposed himself as the alpha and omega of all the contributions those Churchgoers under him brings in!

Even Jesus Christ has no such say on what was given to his group, rather he allowed the cash to be in the hand of one of his followers. And when they were in dare need pay for something really serious Jesus asked them to go and use the money they find IN A FISH, why?

Because he is not in charge of whatever is in the treasury, it belongs to the group to decide what to do or how to spend it! undecided

oga read it well, what he said was "God Would Build Us" not " I Will"
forget what the bloggers are writting up and read the quoted text of what he said
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Osanoghodua1: 11:47am On Dec 15, 2019
God please just help me out of this debt, let there be a great turn around in my life, I a must tired of my heart always skipping because of debt, just only 1 touch and I will never remain the same again. Just one touch Lord. Hallelujah
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by grandstar(m): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2019
Is the road leading to salvation filled with lots of people or with very few? What did Jesus? Follow what Jesus said and not man. It's in the bible for you to see(Read Matthew 7:13,14)
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by grandstar(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2019
DonBenny77:
I was and still there live at the Congress the great TURNAROUND.
I wonder what Osinbajo was doing there though that man no get fear of God......
The lord's will shall come to pass.
Only agents of darkness will frown at this news

why? (Read Matthew 7:13-14)
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Penisman: 11:54am On Dec 15, 2019
StacyO:

It is ocean

It's lake

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Kingstanding: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2019
Maximus69:

Note the word "I will"

. I don't have much to say,but I will pray for you, it shall be well with you and your family, you will never lack good things for the rest of your life and Almighty God will bless you and your family with long life in good health and prosperity. 98% of so called Christian did not understand the Holy Book, they do follow follow. They believe in the words of their pastors than in the word of Our Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible says my people perish because they lack wisdom and understanding. Happy Sunday
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Preetychina22(m): 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2019
Freshprince91:

[s]Chief, abeg stop downgrading someone's hustle. If e pepper you for body, go start your own church. I'm not a fan of most Nigerian clerics but people like Adeboye ,Olukoya and Kumuyi are evangelists that i read their books with a clear cut message.
These are people that would tell you that all these youthful exuberance we're partaking in now, they have had their share when they were young, so for God to pull them out of such situation and make them leaders in our religious circles, you should not be quick to criticise them.
You made a salient point which i really appreciate but if churches decides to build auditoriums and all instead of strip clubs, and other immoral places, it is better.[/s]
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by ajl: 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2019
This man major concern is the size of his church building and the number of congregation.
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by vRendoh(m): 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2019
Size!?
We need quality! True Christians....Christ like. ...Christ type.
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by grandstar(m): 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
OkCornel:
Interesting...

I wonder how this would translate to improving people spiritually and morally.

Many church buildings springing up, but moral values on the steady decline.

Well, unless the vast majority of people filling these churches are hypocrites.

Those who hate to hear the truth will see no meaning in this post.

The thoughts of the people who attend these programs can be gleaned from the traffic that motorists face at the end of the program. It speaks volumes, it speaks louder than words!

Adeboye is focusing on a turnaround in this time of the end tongue tongue tongue

We are being urged to simplify our lives in our congregations and to place more focus on spiritual things especially the preaching work (1 Corinthians 15:58) Is this the time to start seeking great things? Just peep at the warning given to Baruch towards the time of Nebuchadnezzar's attack of Judah (Jeremiah 45:1-5)

I am a Jehovah's Witness by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
Yeah big churches to continue scamming and deluding the masses.

What a shambles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by Naijaarchive(m): 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
And he know death can come anytime unless he is saying he already knows the D-day which isn't possible... I don't see the need to this statement tho
Re: Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die by BonPatrick(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2019
Useless man fake pastor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Isaac Amata: "Hillary Clinton Will Win US Presidential Election" / Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo) / Reverend Father Burnt In Anambra In Lover’s House Flown Abroad (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.