Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills (42537 Views)

Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity / IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by garriguy: 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
Na wa
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Nigerias problem with power isnt lack of it, but distribution and transmission.. most discos delibrately shed power because they know 60% of energy gets stolen or lost

with 3,664 MW egypt a top african economy has enough power which is well distributed, rwanda haw 500mw and they are fine, Nigeria has 7000MW installed capacity but gencos would rather sell to smaller african countries than Nigerians

Egypt generates 24,000 MW as at 2010.

3 Likes

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by CSTR2: 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Nigerias problem with power isnt lack of it, but distribution and transmission.. most discos delibrately shed power because they know 60% of energy gets stolen or lost

with 3,664 MW egypt a top african economy has enough power which is well distributed, rwanda haw 500mw and they are fine, Nigeria has 7000MW installed capacity but gencos would rather sell to smaller african countries than Nigerians
That is exactly the problem.

Distribution.

What is the point of having 10GW generated without proper distribution?

That is why I welcome the idea of Siemens taking over.

2 Likes

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Blue3k(m): 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:

rail line extended from nigerian sea port to landlocked niger means we would control all their imports and export duty fees infact they would turn to our bitch economically and end up paying up for the loan used in constructing the rail

No it doesn't make them economically dependent on Nigeria. It would benefit Nigerian economicly to have more export cargo going to seaport. They already have Benin Republic as an alternative. It all about who offers best deal and 1st to market. Lastly Nigeria borrowing itself to fund project.

golddust6000:
river Niger didn’t connect to Togo, get your fact right!!!

I was talking about benin and niger but I'll specify for clarification.

1 Like

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2019
Day2logic:

I doubt if the 3 countries combined have the population of some states in Nigeria. I believe population and landmass is part of our problems. To be honest Democracy will hardly work in this country with our differences.
then we should share this country
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Topccy007z: 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
You are giving what you don't have. Hypocritical Country!
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by lexy2014: 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
Day2logic:

I doubt if the 3 countries combined have the population of some states in Nigeria. I believe population and landmass is part of our problems. To be honest Democracy will hardly work in this country with our differences.

Even if Nigeria is d size of Togo, we will still be where we are. If population & land mass are d problem, then China, US, India & Russia should be in darkness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Lewisalexander(m): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
No light Herr for 5 days now and you guys are selling to other countries... No word to describe naija

1 Like

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Goldicon2(m): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
slimjohn2k5:
No light for your people and you sell it out

Country with big issue
selling out no be the problem oh. Na where the money dy enter nahm be the problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by supercase1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2019
urahara:

I doubt if Nigeria will use military force to stop them.

Too many problems are on our neck , not to talk of spreading our army to thin while we are still tackling Boko haram and then again money.
We get army in d first place
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by SarkinYarki: 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Most DISCOs reject power because the govt alllows them to sell darkness ,I have done an in-depth study on this , prohibit the DISCOs from selling darkness then you solve the power problem ..Buhari has even mad it worse by paying GENCOS for any power the DISCOs reject . I heard the have spent over 700 billion naira on this already ... You seem to be a smart dude

1 Like

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by mechanics(m): 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2019
slimjohn2k5:
No light for your people and you sell it out

Country with big issue
Lolz, it's like an agreement o.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by urahara(m): 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2019
supercase1:

We get army in d first place

grin grin grin
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by mechanics(m): 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
DonBenny77:
Funny grin
lol.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by hilaryCU(m): 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
Day2logic:

Stop using all these assumption of population and landmass as an excuse. We have the resources to get this done. Our major problem is bad governance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:

rail line extended from nigerian sea port to landlocked niger means we would control all their imports and export duty fees infact they would turn to our bitch economically and end up paying up for the loan used in constructing the rail
but you are borrowing from China to build your own rail. where will you get money to build for other countries
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by 360command: 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:
Lol good one from the FG. Niger and Benin should wise up and stop being so dependent. Niger Republic can use hydro, or nuclear or fossil fuel. Both countries could build dams generating the power themselves cutting out Nigerian middleman.

if everybody(especially benin)was to use dam, Nigeria will suffer. I give you credit on other forms of energy to provide electricity.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Froshloaded: 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2019

This is crazy
Like this is really absurd
How will you be giving this countries electricity without them paying
Plus we that have the light , are not enjoying it..
If I go for pres naija will be a better place

1 Like

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by wwwihy: 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2019
Has Ghana paid for the gas supply?
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by CSTR2: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2019
lexy2014:

Even if Nigeria is d size of Togo, we will still be where we are. If population & land mass are d problem, then China, US, India & Russia should be in darkness
I don't think so.
If aka ibom uses all their generated power in aka ibom alone, they would be like Europe.
They even supply power to Abia state currently .

There is a serious disadvantage in over population.

What would be enough for small countries would not make a dent in Nigeria.

And we don't have a decent government to give us the necessary growth rate to make real impact on the population.

China grew at 12-15% for 20 years.
There is no way it won't capture most of their population.

1 Like

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Blue3k(m): 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2019
360command:
if everybody(especially benin)was to use dam, Nigeria will suffer. I give you credit on other forms of energy to provide electricity.

I know that's Nigeria's problem. They just have to worry about provoking the beast.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Simplyleo: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Keep fooling yourself , the rail line is being built to conquer Nigeria and populate it with useless Buhari Nigerian kinsmen ..
Really? He is fooling himself based on jaundiced opinion without any basis?

So rail line is being built? But I thought the rail line being built were already built by Jonathan.

So, now since all the useless propaganda on the revamping of railway is not sticking, the new propaganda is that it is being built for "Buharis kinsmen"?

I just hope you will be able to sustain this for the next 3 and a half year because this is just the very worst you can do, just typing nonsense on nairaland day and night.

3 Likes

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by osamz007: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nigeria is bleeped up.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Otasco14(m): 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
Pay us our money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by osamz007: 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
Fuc ked up stop changing my words mods
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by 9jaArea: 4:56pm On Dec 14, 2019
If we don't give them they will dam rivers and Nigeria will suffer it.

Chidave9:
SEE LEVEL WE NO GET FOOD WE DEY GIVE OUR BROTHERS FOOD CHOP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okowa: Military Accompanied Suspected Herdsmen In Killing 8 Persons / Man's Car Stuck At Flooded Owerri Tunnel, Blames Rochas Okorocha. Photos / Bola Tinubu's 65th Birthday Cake (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.