Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? (959 Views)

The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. / Coke Vs Pepsi: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photo) / What To Do When You Suspect Your Drink Has Been Spiked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? by MisterKings(m): 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
Someone once told me that the quality of soda drinks e.g coke, Pepsi, Fanta etc in other countries have more taste and quality compared to the ones sold in Nigeria. I have been angry about this ever since and resorted to taking our local drinks instead like zobo and tiger nut drinks which are even more healthy.

But just moments ago I decided to have some of the drink my wife got. A Pepsi bottle the breakable one. And I discovered that the price has been reduced so also the quality of the drink. From N90 to N70 and also the drink itself is just rubbish in my book.... Just water color and sugar.

That taste known to Pepsi has been lost and I wondered if this is how we will keep on living in this country.

A place where they dump crumbs from the master's table. It tastes like it has been totally diluted with water.

I am so unhappy with this. Even the logo is a mess. It looks like something drawn by a child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? by Olalan(m): 6:40pm On Dec 14, 2019
Not only Pepsi all carbonated drinks in Nigeria are just flavour mixed with colouring.
BTW if we are to be sincere with ourselves how do we expect to get a 50ml drink at 100 naira with the current state of the economy and price of raw materials

4 Likes

Re: The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? by Omihanifa: 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
Olalan:
Not only Pepsi all carbonated drinks in Nigeria are just flavour mixed with colouring.
BTW if we are to be sincere with ourselves how do we expect to get a 50ml drink at 100 naira with the current state of the economy and price of raw materials

I agree with you, what all these companies are doing now is Shrinkflation

Shrinkflation is a word coined from shrink and inflation. It simply implies a reduction in the quality or quantity of a product with the product price remaining the same.
Re: The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? by vertueptime: 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2019
Limca is the worst hit
Re: The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? by dawnomike(m): 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
The emergence of Bigi drinks made most of these brands yup drop price and the quality had to pay for it since reducing the volume is not an option...
Re: The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? by kellidoo(m): 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2019
Infact Nafdac need to investigate all the company producing drinks in Nigeria because what they produce now is far Below standard...
Re: The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? by MisterKings(m): 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
Way below standard. I would even prefer they reduce quantity instead of quality we are not animals for God's sake
Re: The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? by blackboy(m): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2019
Quality of everything from milk, milo, goldenmorn everything has reduced. I swear. Even now Pepsi !!! Imagine! Nonesense. I pray we are no all eating slow pioson. Where is the agency for quality control? Have they been bought? Or they dont know their job? But come to think of it, maybe these companies dont want to sack or go out of business due to high cost of ingredients hmmm
Re: The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? by uboma(m): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2019
The quality of soft drinks we have in Nigeria have greatly reduced. Same goes for Heineken beer.
Re: The Quality Of Pepsi Drink Has Been Reduced - Why Is No One Talking? by charispersnifid: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2019
grin because noone cares!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Akara In Your Area? / What Is The English Name For This Type Of Pepper / Antelope Easy Lap Or Chicken?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.