Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? (26027 Views)

How To Blow As An Upcoming Artist In Nigeria Music Industry / Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria / Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by bigpriik: 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
I decided to post this topic here because this is the most visited page on Nairaland after the front page. I had some serious arguments with my friends because some of them were shaming me for slow progress in my musical career' mind you I started music since 2011 but I am yet to see a real breakthrough in my career though I have rejected some record deals in the past because they were suspicious to me.

One of my friends told me the reason I am yet to blow is because I didn't apply 'science' to my songs meaning I didn't apply juju to my career that all the big artists I know both local and international have some apply supernatural powers to their careers before they blew up that if I don't do the same that am going nowhere in music this got me thinking did Wizkid, Davido, Rema and Joeboy did all this blow or stay relevant because as for me I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise.

Please make your own contributions thanks.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Cutehector(m): 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
Dont relent bro. The famous celebs you know never stopped!

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Finnese001: 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
Music is not easy bro, never relent

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by hisgrace090: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2019
There's always an exemption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Forward77(m): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2019
My brother, the answer is “No”

If you apply science according to you, you might loose your talent.

find out what other top musicians did;

You need to follow the right people
Make good music and improve.
Have some money(eg. 2-3m) to promote your music.
Put The Universe first(God, Allah or whatever you believe in).

Success will surely come knocking on your door

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
you wont blow if you have trash and noise making music even juju wont save you.

you will blow if you have unique sound and can stick to it no matter what.

you will blow if you have good management and people with money who love pushing good music

you will blow if you can focus on building your social media followers and turn your followers into fans of your music

you will be blow if you understand music marketing and how to push your music, how to create a music brand out of yourself....lot of youtube videos online on how to do that.

take example from burna boy.. it took 6 years for burna boy to blow that is because he stay thru to his unique sound

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Larryfest(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2019
You don't need any juju to blow just try and source for correct cash to promote whatever you sing so everyone can see and hear you, it's not all this top artist sing anything wonderful in the first place they just had cash/ people who promoted their music.. With nice and current beat plus a nice video and promotions you too go blow in no time.

7 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Kennyprince: 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
If u have got the talent already, then applying science is what u need

Entertainment is not a thing of God per say. So if u do it the God way, most times u won't get to the peak.

Perhaps. Your friends might just be saying the bitter truth. But it's your choice

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by themonk(m): 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
bigpriik:
I decided to post this topic here because this is the most visited page on nairaland after the front page.i had some serious arguments with my friends because some of them were shaming me for slow progress in my musical career' mind you I started music since 2011 but I am yet to see a real breakthrough in my career though I have rejected some record deals in the past because they were suspicious to me.

one of my friends told me the reason I am yet to blow is because I didn't apply 'science' to my songs meaning I didn't apply juju to my career that all the big artists I know both local and international have some apply supernatural powers to their careers before they blew up that if I don't do the same that am going nowhere in music this got me thinking did wizkid,davido, rema and joeboy did all this blow or stay relevant because as for me I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise.

please make your own contributions thanks.
Your username sef grin

I'm agnostic but from what I've heard you give something to get something. Remember the spirits you will negotiate with are how many years old, probably centuries old.

And you are probably less than 30 years. They have experience and will whop your ass and give you a bad deal.

If such things exist I'd advise you against it.

26 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by BarrSly: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
Ur friends might be saying the truth lol who knows?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by SKhanmi: 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
Some industries get tight rules, Just like politics, you need legit connects to the ones currently in control. You can be the odd outlier but it would take donkey years. Align with the veterans in your industry biko make dem show you one or two things. Hardwork & opportunity can only get you so far in nigeria angry

10 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Alfather: 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
bigpriik:
I decided to post this topic here because this is the most visited page on nairaland after the front page.i had some serious arguments with my friends because some of them were shaming me for slow progress in my musical career' mind you I started music since 2011 but I am yet to see a real breakthrough in my career though I have rejected some record deals in the past because they were suspicious to me.

one of my friends told me the reason I am yet to blow is because I didn't apply 'science' to my songs meaning I didn't apply juju to my career that all the big artists I know both local and international have some apply supernatural powers to their careers before they blew up that if I don't do the same that am going nowhere in music this got me thinking did wizkid,davido, rema and joeboy did all this blow or stay relevant because as for me I believe it's hardwork and opportunity but now am thinking otherwise.

please make your own contributions thanks.
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Alfather: 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
Kennyprince:
If u have got the talent already, then applying science is what u need

Entertainment is not a thing of God per say. So if u do it the God way, most times u won't get to the peak.

Perhaps. Your friends might just be saying the bitter truth. But it's your choice
if u are good at what you do, u dont need charm, what u need is growth. Tell me a place in d univers or heaven where things do grow apart from the earth. what about the gospel artist, do they uses charm too? Not at all. Just improve in yur self every day, haven master yur skill then u would be successful. Even d devil honours mastership.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by iLegendd(m): 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
Notice and Connection

There are 7 ways to make it in the music industry

1. Controversy + Talent
2. Juju + Talent
3. Connection + Talent
4. Wealth + Talent
5. Praising God + Storytelling + Talent
6. Physical Appeal + Talent
7. Consistency + Talent

Someone like Naira Marley used number 1 to blow.

Someone like (name_removed) used number 2. Maybe, Sky B? I didn't mention any name.

Someone like 2Face and Wizkid used number 3.

Someone like Davido and Kcee used number 4.

Someone like Timaya, Duncan Mighty, and VictorAD used number 5.

Someone like Naeto C, Kiss Daniel, and Trey Songz used number 6.

Someone like Asa and Burna Boy used number 7. Some people may think Burna used number 2, but I doubt. Most Rivers state people hardly give up until they succeed.

If a Rivers man wants to kill you, he'll not give up until he gets you killed. If a Rivers man wants to succeed in music, he will not give up until he succeeds.

You must use one of the 7 ways above with a danceable beat or at least, a melodious (catchy) instrumental to blow.

Yes, you must promote your craft even after using one of the 7 methods above, else you no go blow.

The one person that can blow without promotion is number 1 — which is controversy + talent.

Oh, do you know controversy itself is promo? So, in summary, you must choose one of the 7 options and promote till you blow. No retreat, no surrender — packaging.

There is only one person who possesses all the 7 above and that is: Davido.

You must know the method you want to use in whatever you do and stay focused. When I started selling books here on Nairaland, I chose number 1 — which is Controversy + Talent and it worked and still works and will continue to work.

TALENT ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH.

Modified With Extra Tips:

In my first comment, I only revealed 7 of them, but decided expose all of them.

8. Unique Voice + Talent
9. Producer + Talent
10. New Dance + Talent

Bonus: The bonuses can be found inside the book - they are worth reading.

Someone like Falz and Simi used this Unique Voice + Talent technique to blow. They changed the pitch or pronunciation of their words to get people to notice the uniqueness and funniness. At first, you won't like it, but as you listen to them more and more, you'll become addicted.

Someone like OJB, Kanye West, Tekno, Don Jazzy, Timberland, etc. used the Producer + Talent to get noticed by popular musicians. They made free beats secretly and sent them to famous musicians and when they got the producer's attention they needed from these famous people, they leveraged on that small fame and switched to writing their own songs or rap songs.

Someone like MC Galaxy - Sekem, Psy, the singer of Opa Gangnam Style, Patapaa, the singer of One Corner, Lil Kesh - Shoki, Zlatan - Zanku, etc. used the New Dance + Talent technique to blow.

Even Olamide took advantage of this technique to remain relevant. When you think Olamide is about to fade, he comes up with a new dance step and revives himself back again - this is the technique he uses and with this technique, he can never fade because people love to dance and he loves inventing new dance steps.

Despite using any of these techniques above, you MUST use technique 7 (Conisistency + Talent) and technique 1 (Controversy + Talent) to stay at the top of the industry, else you'll fade.

At the headies, that year, Olamide got angry with Don Jazzy and threw the mic - all na wash - it's part of the Controversy + Talent game.

Even Fela used Consistency and Controversy to stay at the top. In the entertainment or showbiz industry, you need the CC approach to keep floating, else you fade. Consistency + Controversy.

In the book, I went in details to explain everything in a simple to follow and implement approach with lots of examples and analysis.

152 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by victorian(f): 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
iLegendd:
Notice and Connection

There are 7 ways to make it in the music industry

1. Controversy + Talent
2. Juju + Talent
3. Connection + Talent
4. Wealth + Talent
5. Praising God + Storytelling + Talent
6. Physical Appeal + Talent
7. Consistency + Talent

Someone like Naira Marley used number 1 to blow.

Someone like (name_removed) used number 2. Maybe, Sky B? I didn't mention any name.

Someone like 2Face and Wizkid used number 3.

Someone like Davido and Kcee used number 4.

Someone like Timaya and Duncan Mighty used number 5.

Someone like Naeto C, Kiss Daniel, and Trey Songz used number 6.

Someone like Asa and Burna Boy used number 7. Some people may think Burna used number 2, but I doubt. Most Rivers state people hardly give up until they succeed.

If a Rivers man wants to kill you, he'll not give up until he gets you killed. If a Rivers man wants to succeed in music, he will not give up until he succeeds.

You must use one of the 7 ways above with a danceable beat or at least, a melodious (catchy) instrumental to blow.

Yes, you must promote your craft even after using one of the 7 methods above, else you no go blow.

The one person that can blow without promotion is number 1 — which is controversy + talent.

Oh, do you know controversy itself is promo? So, in summary, you must choose one of the 7 options and promote till you blow. No retreat, no surrender — packaging.

There is only one person who possesses all the 7 above and that is: Davido.

You must know the method you want to use in whatever you do and stay focused. When I started selling books here on Nairaland, I chose number 1 — which is Controversy + Talent and it worked and still works and will continue to work.

TALENT ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH.

Correct!

So Op choose one! And stick with it to the end.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by iLegendd(m): 11:37pm On Dec 14, 2019
bigpriik:

twale Boss your wisdom is unparralellred on nairaland you are the second wisest man after ubunja.am thinking of trying number 1 but it takes a lot of guts to do that .

Your reply is good, but the bad side is the comparison. I don't give out my knowledge for free anymore doesn't make me second in what I do.

I'm the mentor of those who are or will be number 1. So, next time, don't compare. I hate that.

This is to say, I don't need to be number 1, but my boys can be number 1.

So, I'll be glad if you don't compare me next time with anyone. Thank you for your understanding.

If you rank someone number 1 just based on knowledge of women, then what will you rank another man who has knowledge of women, knowledge of money making, knowledge of sex, knowledge of health, knowledge of music, and knowledge of so many other fields?

#KeepItSlow.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by iLegendd(m): 7:56am On Dec 15, 2019
Since the Op asked this question, I felt he isn't the only one harboring such a question on how to "blow," so I decided to expose everything in a book.

As a producer and multi-instrumentalist with lots of crazy stories to tell on this topic, I'm in the right position to expose the truth with lots of backup examples and step by step on how to apply all the 10 methods revealed in the book.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by 1Sharon(f): 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
Yes. Ask Davido and the others who killed their mothers.

May Jesus Christ help us.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by kolafolabi(m): 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
Don't try it because it won't last

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by englishmart(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
You don need juju, what you need is simply jazz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by livebyday(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
angry
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by ednut1(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
Every musician cannot blow. Go find work do

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Christane: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
most musician go as far as doing rituals wch involve human parts just to make it big in the music industry bt before even ritual wil work u must av the raw talent if not nothing for u
becus u no fit cum sing rubbish make e blow ...bt truth b told in the music industry juju z involve.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by ijewejones: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
You need no JUJU to make it in music..but what do you need the juju for...

Juju to blow within naija?

Juju to blow within your kinsmen?

Juju to blow international?

Juju to convince/influence organizers?

Juju to sing what the world will feel/inspire people?

Juju to write & compose songs?

People dey fumble with their God's given talent,not to talk of when "juju" is added..(straight madness) embarassed

Inshort d op need visit the nearest hospital

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by McAausim: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
cool
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
Don't go and produce good music be looking for juju upandan...you think juju don't like good music? Juju hate wack music too. Up your game bro and stop looking for excuses.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by YorubaKing: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
sad
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by 9jamag(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
Bold and capital NO
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by livebyday(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
iLegendd:
Since the Op asked this question, I felt he isn't the only one harboring such a question on how to "blow," so I decided to expose everything in a book.

As a producer and multi-instrumentalist with lots of crazy stories to tell on this topic, I'm in the right position to expose the truth with lots of backup examples and step by step on how to apply all the 10 methods revealed in the book.

Brilliantly humourous grin

I salute
Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by seunmohmoh(f): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
If you listen to some of "juice wrld" lyrics then you'll run from juju.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? by Yankee101: 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
Do you need to be a musician?

Anything you can't do by dint of studying, hardwork, network and above all blessings is not worth the trouble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wizkid's 'Made In Lagos' Becomes Nigeria's Highest Charting Album On US Itunes / Rudeboy "Audio Money" Video Hits 1 Million Youtube Views In 24 Hours / 200 People Call Radio Station For Missing Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.