Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars (40822 Views)

3 Sports Cars European Companies Wish They Never Made / Meet The World's Fastest Shed That Is Powered By Audi Rs4's 450HP Engine / Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by livebyday(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
This piece of writing is nonsensical.

How is it Mercedes-powered? Because you want it to be?

Then you mention the AMG V12 Pagani uses? What does that have to do with this?

If the maker truly wanted a performance engine, he'd looking into Chevy's LS series. Small, tunable, cheap. Not a humongous V12 by Mercedes that likely costs over $30k.

Car journalism in Nigeria is a mess.

Well said
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by falcon01: 11:17am On Dec 16, 2019
I love what's happening up there
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by gustav25: 11:17am On Dec 16, 2019
Yeye blogger
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by hopexter(m): 11:27am On Dec 16, 2019
smiley
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by EgunMogaji2: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2019
I'm certain that this car was assembled from a kit. I've been searching for weeks but haven't found it yet.

I will.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by redford: 11:29am On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Which is pretty idiotic. Do you know how much an AMG engine costs? Getting one from AMG directly costs about $54k.

A used one is $26k.

Also, have you considered how the engine will be mounted? Transversely? What about a transmission that will fit it, while handling all that torque? Have you considered the fact that Mercedes engines aren't open-end and would require input from Daimler itself to be able to work on another car?

Of course not.

"We only want you to know that sourcing for a more powerful engine, just like how Pagani and Aston Martin used Mercedes engine, will make the lovely car one of the best."

Stupidest thing I've read this week, and we're at the end of the week. May as well recommend the guy to use a Ferrari V12.

Give sensible information next time. If you want to be a car journo, at least understand the basics.

See talents that we have in Nigeria. Yet, it's only when they want to argue you will know they are an information power House. This one now will still die with all these info under utilized. Instead of you to reach out to the young man in Jos u are here speaking Grammer and insulting the OP. For ur mind na u get sense pass.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by EgunMogaji2: 11:30am On Dec 16, 2019
hopexter:
Your criticism is more like discouragement which is really not good from a fellow Nigerian undecided smiley

I disagree.

He's actually doing the OP a favor by being brutally honest. This should push OP too strive to do better.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Jaqenhghar: 11:31am On Dec 16, 2019
Honestly I am impressed. This is something to be proud of. Its not there but you can see the result of effort and creativity. Compare it to this junk you people celebrate

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by uuzba(m): 11:48am On Dec 16, 2019
Automotive1:

Why the insults?

Try to read and understand...

Nobody is comparing "Benni Purrie" to an established Pagani...

We only want you to know that sourcing for a more powerful engine, just like how Pagani and Aston Martin used Mercedes engine, will make the lovely car one of the best.
The boy has work to do. He carried too much load on his head.
Car can either be engine& performance focused
and Design/body focused.
He didn't pass any of the two exam. The body has some issues and the engine has some issues as well.
If we take the car on all those oyibo stunt runs, powerglides and all that TopGear stuff, the performance will fail as well.

I advice that boy to just focus on one aspect first and get it right.
Do the body of the car very fine first.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by uuzba(m): 11:53am On Dec 16, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Honestly I am impressed. This is something to be proud of. Its not there but you can see the result of effort and creativity. Compare it to this junk you people celebrate

...and when white man does his own, he finishes it well.
Anyway, we don't have steel industries so how can one cheaply get the correct steel or materials one needs?
A lot of supporting industries are required to make a successful car.

Rather than setup such industries, we have chosen instead to just import finished cars.
All those trying to make cars in Nigeria from scratch will keep suffering and producing poor results.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Jungleluv5: 11:54am On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

If the maker truly wanted a performance engine, he'd looking into Chevy's LS series. Small, tunable, cheap. Not a humongous V12 by Mercedes that likely costs over $30k.

please show me your own production before condemning others

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Jungleluv5: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2019
uuzba:

The boy has work to do. He carried too much load on his head.
Car can either be engine& performance focused
and Design/body focused.
He didn't pass any of the two exam. The body has some issues and the engine has some issues as well.
If we take the car on all those oyibo stunt runs, powerglides and all that TopGear stuff, the performance will fail as well.

I advice that boy to just focus on one aspect first and get it right.
Do the body of the car very fine first.
do your own make we see
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by ishayaauta(m): 11:58am On Dec 16, 2019
Modified

No need proving a point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Evalusiah(m): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2019
Very innovative......Jus 25 years old.....hmmmmm
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by uuzba(m): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2019
Jungleluv5:
do your own make we see
Stop importing finished cars from overseas then all the necessary industries to support car manufacture will come about
Then I do my own for you.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Which is pretty idiotic. Do you know how much an AMG engine costs? Getting one from AMG directly costs about $54k.

A used one is $26k.

s.

stop writing nonsense. it doesnt take much to fact check before you post

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
I'm certain that this car was assembled from a kit. I've been searching for weeks but haven't found it yet.

I will.

you wont because no production kit is that bad. ....though the guy tried by Nigerian standards, especially the kind of nonsense we are used to seeing.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by agrowell: 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2019
Though the beginning may be small but the end shall greatly increase
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by dontbothermuch: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

That junk you are seeing there, believe me, it's really difficult to manufacture. The steering works, the gear works, the brake works, the junk moves. It is not an easy task oh! It's just sponsor.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by monichannel: 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

A used one is $26k.

Also, have you considered how the engine will be mounted? Transversely? What about a transmission that will fit it, while handling all that torque? Have you considered the fact that Mercedes engines aren't open-end and would require input from Daimler itself to be able to work on another car?

Of course not.

"We only want you to know that sourcing for a more powerful engine, just like how Pagani and Aston Martin used Mercedes engine, will make the lovely car one of the best."

Stupidest thing I've read this week, and we're at the end of the week. May as well recommend the guy to use a Ferrari V12.

Give sensible information next time. If you want to be a car journo, at least understand the basics.

Oga maybe you have other issues with this OP. He is not the one that bought/used the Mercedez engine, he only wrote about the car.
I understand your anger but you're channeling it to the wrong person.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Malawian(m): 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
This na something wey go don overheat before them even blow starting whistle. Hope him add fire extinguisher for inside.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2019
isthatso:

stop writing nonsense. it doesnt take much to fact check before you post

You know what? Actually, I was wrong. Here's how much it costs to get an engine replacement from AMG.

$71,000.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Bukden16(m): 12:46pm On Dec 16, 2019
We do môre of the Needed than the cheap talk.
Trust Plateau..!
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by ernieboy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2019
isthatso:

you wont because no production kit is that bad. ....though the guy tried by Nigerian standards, especially the kind of nonsense we are used to seeing.
how is.the car bad? why not be specific in your c iticism, rather than spewing bitterness at another's effort.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You know what? Actually, I was wrong. Here's how much it costs to get an engine replacement from AMG.

$71,000.
there is nothing worse than an unrepentant ignorant fool

brand new C32 engine $9472

https://www.mbpartsworld.com/v-2003-mercedes-benz-c32-amg--base--3-2l-v6-gas/engine--engine

5 AMG cars under £10000 with working engines from V6 to V12

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/5-hot-amg-mercs-you-can-bag-for-under-10000/

clearly google cannot help you if your brain isnt directing you properly

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by kutitosin(m): 1:12pm On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Rodeoz(m): 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2019
This is really pathetic from Nairalanders, I’m extremely disappointed. Why can’t you just appreciate something for crying out loud. The chap is just 25 and he has this vision and even working towards the betterment of it.

C’mon, blacks are the real enemies of blacks.

Kudos Mallo God bless you.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by EgunMogaji2: 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
isthatso:

I will.

I've seen many horrible fiberglas jobs over the years.

I owned a South American fiberglas Mini Cooper pick up kit that I spent fortune getting things sorted out.

People would always gather at shows to see it.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=EgunMogaji2 post=84958671][/quote]

noted
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by EgunMogaji2: 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
ishayaauta:

No sir you won't, Mase, Mundi and Daniel are the Directors of Promark Designs who helped in the molding of the Car the skeleton was built from scratch by Jerry I lost the pictures but I can personally give you all their numbers to confirm for yourself these guys are excellent Just that they're not yet known in Nigeria. Attached is their photo...

Modified more pics

I remain unconvinced.

So now it's not just Bennie Purrie, but now includes Promark Designs.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by laivwire(m): 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
Dude is an aspiring Lamborghini but I can’t believe that VW Golf engine there is being called Mercedes.

To establish a production worthy car requires loads of resources: cash, labour, skills, facilities etc Koenisegg is one guy I admire so much for this.

Bernie can do more. It’s not compulsory he starts building his body from scratch, why not tune up and custom build a model?

And pls no one should tell me that body is made of carbon fiber undecided
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by mapet: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

As neutral person, I do not see any expert-analysis in your condemnation of his use of "Mercedes-powered" engine, rather than some ol' reash of "this is better than that". You recommended an alternative that you called "performance engine" yet the characteristics quoted is "small, tunable and cheap", no mention of its performance characteristics itself.... Not sure if someone looking for performance engines will be cheap-conscious for starters.

Yet you yab car journalism?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Of These Two Vehicles Have A Better Interior? / Expatriate Arrested In Lagos For Disobeying Traffic Light, Using Illegal Siren / Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.