Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,166 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request (30794 Views)

Abdulkarim Lawan: Why State Assemblies Don’t Override Governors’ Vetoes On Bills / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / Lawan: Senate Will Act Expeditiously On Presidential Requests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by meccuno: 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
TruthinAction:
They should tell us first what they have done with previous monies borrowed. Virtually all our federal roads are bad, no new industries, security is next to nothing. So, what have they been using borrowed money for? Besides, they have recovered more money than any previous administration. What did they use these monies for? Anyone supporting this borrowing is daft in his thinking. And who will pay the debts? They want to create bigger problem for the next government. Or do they think they will continue in power? God forbid.
grin
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by surgical: 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh:

Sorry, you sound very aggrieved to reason critically. With this anger and bitterness in between the lines of your statement it will be extremely difficult to see any good thing in this government.

Unfortunately i can't help your situation either.
just admit you have no answer to his well laid out argument

6 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Kennitrust(m): 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh:

Sorry, you sound very aggrieved to reason critically. With this anger and bitterness in between the lines of your statement it will be extremely difficult to see any good thing in this government.

real zombie

6 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by 99persait(m): 9:05pm On Dec 16, 2019
Mumu why una no go pass am.foolish zombies
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Kennitrust(m): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh:

people with lost mind and brain

6 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by shedy03(m): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2019
Sen Lawal, chairman rubber stamp Senators association.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by CioAngels(f): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
African countries are coming in without visa so money has to be borrowed to see that non Nigerian Muslims are genocides. Only Pa Buhari knows his agenda with all his fulani operatives. May God save Christians, all they do is sit in there houses to talk tough.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Devops: 9:11pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh:

what a coagulation of vile stupidity, are you mentally handi capped or remotely deprived of basic function of using one's brain?
He countered you with facts while shreding your pseudo defence of a post. I was expecting you cower or scamper for safety with your head down in shame.
Only for the inbreed fool in you to come up with this in defence of people who has offered you nothing but slavery.

12 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by YorubaEmir: 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2019
Okoroawusa:

I read your first post n thought you had something but this your next post just made no sense of your earlier post n someone else will see it as a post you made just because you hate Buhari n not because you love the progress of the country.

Too bad

If you’re on live TV arguing politics, you don’t go about telling your opponent how their preference for a particular candidate influences their view. That will be very childish to say the least.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by sambrow(m): 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh:

You are an evil soul. How can you justify this evil act. Mortgaging our future. If you don't care about yours what about your children. Don't even try to quote me oh

6 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by sddiamond: 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
You don't have sense at all
Aufbauh:

10 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by fergie001: 9:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
One Zombie has been ripped open on this thread, his colleagues have simply scampered for safety grin grin grin

People will let partisanship blur their faculties. In the US, you still see Republicans attack Trump, but here they will lick the anal matter of their principal and even hail him if they catch him raping their mothers.

Taken to the cleaners....NLers make una pity the lost soul abeg.... grin grin grin

Next time, he will comment with patriotism and conscience
T.wat...

9 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Nanop1: 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh:
Honestly i don't know how some people reason.
Same people that will criticize the government about poor infrastructures and lack of opportunities are same people oppose to Govt borrowing to solve same problem.

I've look critically into this and discover that most of those critics are just being mischievous and angry that they're not the one in power to spend the money.

Meanwhile Saraki should be kicking in his oblivion for being upturned in all directions. cheesy

Look at this Tse Tse Fly... Chai...

5 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by ZombieTERROR: 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
CSTR2:

The sad thing is that he has nothing to lose.
He is already 80 or so. What can you do to him?

His children if they are smart will run away to the UK never to return in years.

The only thing we can seize is the oil wells of the indimi family.
Who will seize?
Only thieves rule Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by zibya: 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2019
rafyena:

my gee
i feel like following you now
Follow na. Na only successive ban you go chop
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by bubu2019: 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=Aufbauh post=84965214]

Unfortunately I'm not an internet troll.
Believe what you want to believe and console yourself with any facts and figures.
I'm not interested or owe you rebuttal as I've already know the background you're coming from.

Live happily and be happy with yourself for 2023 is close. [/wuote]Oga your grammar no go carry us anywhere.
challenge him with facts as he carefully narrated his own. you de dia de blow English

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Talkingoil(m): 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2019
clarocuzioo:

Oga first and foremost theres nothing like critically looking into the matter, if you do you won't come up with this assertion.

Ever since this confused administration came in, it has been loan, loan tax and tax.

Firstly the heavy funds they borrowed in the first term, what did they do with it? There is total infrastructural decay all over the nation. Look at all the federal roads, they are in a mess.

They implemented TSA, telling us they are saving trillions of Naira everyday, they block the borders, customs said it generates over #80B daily ever since closesure of borders, they introduced duty stamp, introduced collection of #50 for every POS transaction, now increased Vat from 5 to 7.5%
Collection of #10k for every deposit or withdrawal above #500k, taxing everything taxable.

Increase petrol from #85 to #145, dollar move from #180 to #360 today.

Recovered billions from corrupt politicians and public office holders, even from Abacha loot.

Yet he has absolutely nothing to show for it.

No sensible society will continue like this because it is simply a highway to disaster.

And amazingly, no update on how and what these monies are used for

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Younglord123(m): 9:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh:
Honestly i don't know how some people reason.
Same people that will criticize the government about poor infrastructures and lack of opportunities are same people oppose to Govt borrowing to solve same problem.

I've look critically into this and discover that most of those critics are just being mischievous and angry that they're not the one in power to spend the money.

Meanwhile Saraki should be kicking in his oblivion for being upturned in all directions. cheesy

In case you are not aware Nigeria is one of the leading borrower Nation in the world in spite of her huge resources, and this has plunge Nigeria into a debt trap and will further influence future financial crisis.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by justdollars: 9:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
D kind upper cut wey dat guy don receive chai!!!

He will not recover till next year end

Make una try pity am small grin

fergie001:
One Zombie has been ripped open on this thread, his colleagues have simply scampered for safety grin grin grin

People will let partisanship blur their faculties. In the US, you still see Republicans attack Trump, but here they will lick the anal matter of their principals and even hail him if they catch him raping their mothers.

Taking to the cleaners....NLers make una pity the lost soul abeg.... grin grin grin

Next time, he will comment with patriotism and conscience
Arrow...

3 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by FLYFIRE(m): 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2019
clarocuzioo:

Oga first and foremost theres nothing like critically looking into the matter, if you do you won't come up with this assertion.

Ever since this confused administration came in, it has been loan, loan tax and tax.

Firstly the heavy funds they borrowed in the first term, what did they do with it? There is total infrastructural decay all over the nation. Look at all the federal roads, they are in a mess.

They implemented TSA, telling us they are saving trillions of Naira everyday, they block the borders, customs said it generates over #80B daily ever since closesure of borders, they introduced duty stamp, introduced collection of #50 for every POS transaction, now increased Vat from 5 to 7.5%
Collection of #10k for every deposit or withdrawal above #500k, taxing everything taxable.

Recovered billions from corrupt politicians and public office holders, even from Abacha loot.

No sensible society will continue like this because it is simply a highway to disaster.
Oga, we dont call them ZOMBIES for nothing na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Kingrefreshed: 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2019
References:
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has revealed that the 9th Senate will approve President Muhammadu Buhari’s $29.9 billion loan request.

This is despite Lawan’s earlier caution to the Executive to minimise its planned borrowing.

The Senate President stated this in Abuja during a media parley.

He, however, pointed out that the various standing committees will carry out serious oversight functions and ensure that the money is not misappropriated by the various Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).

Recall that in November 2016, then Senate President, Bukola Saraki turned down the same loan request from President Buhari.

According to Lawan, “The question of whether we will pass the loan request of the Executive arm of Government, yes, we will pass it.

“If we don’t have money and you have projects to build them, how will you provide infrastructure that you need?

“But one thing is that, we are going to be critical that every cent that is borrowed is tied to a project.

“These are projects that will have spillover effects on the economy and we will undertake our oversight so well to ensure that such funds are properly, prudently, economically and transparently are applied on those projects.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/16/nass-why-well-pass-buharis-29-9-billion-loan-request/

Una don pass rubber stamp Senate! Una be Rubber band Senate.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by illiteratepmb: 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh post=84962731[s:
]Honestly i don't know how some people reason.

Meanwhile Saraki should be kicking in his oblivion for being upturned in all directions[/s]. cheesy
Ass licker...you're so disgusting.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Ykc2(m): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh:

your the confused person here maybe your from north ,

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Talkingoil(m): 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh:

Bros, kindly respond to the issues raised with details and not giving this kind of response please.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by FLYFIRE(m): 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
clarocuzioo:

I was expecting you to counter my motion with facts and figures, but just like your dullard who is the president, you don't understand facts and figures, rather you resort to calling names, telling me am aggressive.

I only showed you facts with figures, please counter me with facts and figures and stop showing you are intellectually empty and a zombie.
Bros, abeg we dont call them ZOMBIES for nothing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
Aufbauh:

Counter Intelligently instead of sounding like your affidavit lord and saviour.

4 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by luluosas(m): 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
There was once a Senate!

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by fergie001: 9:39pm On Dec 16, 2019
justdollars:
D kind upper cut wey dat guy don receive chai!!!

He will not recover till next year end

Make una try pity am small grin

I follow dey beg.......they are many like that...I marvel at their comments atimes.

This one now, next time e go get sense...he is still viewing and shaking his head grin

They will go back to WhatsApp this night and construct rubbish to justify the nonsense, then drop it here tomorrow.....you will see...

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Talkingoil(m): 9:39pm On Dec 16, 2019
clarocuzioo:

I was expecting you to counter my motion with facts and figures, but just like your dullard who is the president, you don't understand facts and figures, rather you resort to calling names, telling me am aggressive.

I only showed you facts with figures, please counter me with facts and figures and stop showing you are intellectually empty and a zombie.

Let him be, they quiver in desperation when hit with facts and figures that highlight the incompetent performance of their boss at the helm of affairs

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by m140(m): 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2019
clarocuzioo:

Bros go contest and stop complaining
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Talkingoil(m): 9:44pm On Dec 16, 2019
clarocuzioo:

Please present facts and figuresooooooooo.

This is a forum, we are all learning, stop beating about the bush, counter my motion with facts and figuresooooooo.

Is that difficult for you to comprehend?

Oga NA homework you dey give am ooo. They find it difficult defending their boss so they resort to insult

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by m140(m): 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2019
clarocuzioo:

Intellectually filled, why you no contest since you know a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FFK Dumps Yoruba Nation, IPOB, Says "I'm Committed To The Unity Of Nigeria" / Donald Duke Spoke Of His Identity Theft By Tinubu And TVC (Video) / Power Struggle Rocks APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.