Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,075 members, 7,807,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? (23649 Views)

Man Gifts His 37-Year-Old NYSC Shirt To His Daughter Going For Service (Photos) / 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC / Which States Pays State Allowances To NYSC Corp Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by AyoitsMub(m): 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
Truth is that there's nothing like "Best place". These issues are very relative because what works for Mr. A won't work for Mr. B
In the same place that some find peace, some will find misery.
However if you want to be in the "city" or somewhere lively, choose Akwa-ibom for south east region. You'll most likely be posted to the south and I'm sure you don't want to end up in rough places.
Lastly, always pray about things like this.
Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by Asiri1991: 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
Don't worry. NYSC officials just viewed your email minutes ago. Just wait for the posting letter.
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by Engrmustyboss(m): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
choose yola and thank mee later
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by Oritsewhandey(m): 12:20am On Dec 18, 2019
GreeneLamb01:
I'll be brief and simple with my narrative, I promise.
To the glory of God, I have just graduated from KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY (KSU) with a 2.2 CGPA in English and Literary Studies.

As a hustling guy ( now in my late 20's), it was God's grace that helped me pull through my studies in that, I lost my only surviving parent while I was about starting my studies. And that made me had it rough all through my stay in the University.

Now, I have successfully graduated and don't want to be entrapped in this state, Kogi, any longer. I'm pretty sure you all know what is up here in kogi state; everything appears so gloomy and I seriously need to be totally out of it at least, for the time being.

Since I'm just a hustler with no ready relation to nudge me, I seriously want to use the NYSC period as an avenue to get out of this State. I so much desire to stay back wherever I'm eventually posted to for Service; I need a place with a lot of job opportunities with respect to my course of study, English and literature. And that's where the knot is. Which region do you think is appropriate for me to achieve this desire of mine?

Some persons I shared this with specifically advised me to move up North East; they suggested States like Gombe and Bauchi, even Maiduguri while others suggested Ibadan or Lagos.

This is where I need your advice and suggestions because as it stands now, despite the fact I want to register early, I am helpless and wouldn't know the right states to select for NYSC when we'll be eventually directed to start registration early next year. And I just need to plan well against that day.

To you, which states with more job opportunities in Nigeria, do you think I could choose for my NYSC and also continue my life there afterwards?

P.S
I'm also a computer technician and will like to set up my business in the event of not getting anything to lay hands on after service. BUT NOT IN KOGI STATE!

Please, advise me.
If I'm your employer, I will fail you.
You promised to make it BRIEF.
11 Paragraphs na brief?
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by Oritsewhandey(m): 12:23am On Dec 18, 2019
GreeneLamb01:
To the glory of God, I have just graduated from KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY (KSU) with a 2.2 CGPA in English and Literary Studies.

As a hustling guy ( now in my late 20's), it was God's grace that helped me pull through my studies in that, I lost my only surviving parent while I was about starting my studies. And that made me had it rough all through my stay in the University.

Now, I have successfully graduated and don't want to be entrapped in this state, Kogi, any longer. I'm pretty sure you all know what is up here in kogi state; everything appears so gloomy and I seriously need to be totally out of it at least, for the time being.

Since I'm just a hustler with no ready relation to nudge me, I seriously want to use the NYSC period as an avenue to get out of this State. I so much desire to stay back wherever I'm eventually posted to for Service; I need a place with a lot of job opportunities with respect to my course of study, English and literature. And that's where the knot is. Which region do you think is appropriate for me to achieve this desire of mine?

Some persons I shared this with specifically advised me to move up North East; they suggested States like Gombe and Bauchi, even Maiduguri while others suggested Ibadan or Lagos.

This is where I need your advice and suggestions because as it stands now, despite the fact I want to register early, I am helpless and wouldn't know the right states to select for NYSC when we'll be eventually directed to start registration early next year. And I just need to plan well against that day.

To you, which states with more job opportunities in Nigeria, do you think I could choose for my NYSC and also continue my life there afterwards?

P.S
I'm also a computer technician and will like to set up my business in the event of not getting anything to lay hands on after service. BUT NOT IN KOGI STATE!

Please, advise me.
You don't SELECT a state. NYSC posts you to wherever it deemed fits you.
Besides, which NUDGE?
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by ForbesHomesNG(m): 2:01am On Dec 18, 2019
recievesense:
Akwa Ibom and thank me later. you will think you are in the abroad
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by clevybrown(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2019
U can work your service to any state of your choice... Chat me up 08135988758

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by Frankmome: 7:26am On Dec 18, 2019
royalads:
If you have a laptop, I will advise you to avoid the busy states and go to a less busy state. Why, you may ask? The reason is so you can use the 12 months to learn a skill online. It could be web/mobile development, copywriting, UI/UX or any other skill that is on demand. By the end of 12 months, you should have mastered the skill enough to get a good-paying remote job or become a freelancer.
Start from YouTube and check out courses there. Have a feel of each and know each one that suits you. Head to Udemy or Lynda and pay for courses. They are quite cheap. Less than $50 in most cases. Follow the course religiously and build your portfolio as you go.

This is the advice I will give myself if I'm to repeat my NYSC again.

Best advice ever!! Pls follow this if you love hustling as you said

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by loshybab(m): 7:40am On Dec 18, 2019
GreeneLamb01:

P.S

Please, advise me.

With your discipline and willingness to hustle after service with a relatively moderate financial muscle,I suggest you choose states with lots of media houses, moderate popular density and a relatively low/moderate cost if living.

With all those criteria in mind,Oyo state, IBADAN to be precise is your best bet. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by tck2000(m): 8:32am On Dec 18, 2019
YorubaKing:
Sambisa Forest fa! We kuku dey here dey wait for you... cool
lol
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by Hashimyussufamao(m): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2019
GreeneLamb01:

P.S

Please, advise me.

Bro, can you give Kaduna a shot? And as for the PPA, I have a school where they pay 10K.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by kenny160: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
Just pray to God... If u like farming go to north if u want to use ur cert go south west or east... But overall remarks pray to God Nigeria is in mess let God guides you

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by ridwanullah24(m): 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
Congrats Bro
As a hustler I recommend you consider North East.... Place like Adamawa and Gombe especially with your field of study if you don't mind teaching.. You can work in extra 2-3 schools aside from your PPA that's if you are probably connected sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by Hauwi(f): 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
Go to ogun state...the town is business friendly

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by JayPeeOham: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
GreeneLamb01:

P.S

Please, advise me.

From my experience as a corper, I'll advice that the first thing to look out for when considering a choice state is accommodation. Go and serve in a state where you have relatives where you won't have accommodation crisis. I bet you don't want to go roaming the streets looking for where to stay after your three weeks in camp. You may ask, what about Family House, well it's an option though but you might not like it if you're the type who likes privacy.

So, in my opinion, I'll advice you go to any state you're posted to and be the best you can be while at it....who knows, YOU MIGHT PASS OUT WITH THE BEST CORPER AWARD in that state and I bet you the story of a better future begins from there!!!!!

ALL THE BEST DEAR

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by yetty4love(f): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
Welcome to Nikom fried Ponmo business,
The fried Ponmo(purely cow skin)is basically dried for longer shelf period and to prevent contamination.
It double in size after soaking it, for better results soak in hot water with a pinch of salt for about 24-48 hours depending on how crunchy u want,
1200 pcs-30000
600pcs-15000
300pcs-7500
150pcs-4000
30pcs-1000
Location Ilorin Kwara state https:///LRVMnluDmpiCZAdsIVoxQM
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by OdenKelechi(m): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2019
Suggestion or not, you'll end up where God and Nysc wants you to. Then if you don't like the place, you redeploy

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by samsus(m): 3:38am On Dec 20, 2019
GreeneLamb01:
ocheja. Thanks
I rep ocheja too, dough I still av lodge off Campus at abuja area.... nice one
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by Abanekechizoba2: 11:41am On Dec 20, 2019
When I see people say it's not good "working out your NYSC" I wonder if they are in this country (not an insult though) but if I can go back to NYSC service now, I would do anything to get a state with better opportunities and connections. I trust God so much but that's why he gave us humans the ability to make decisions for ourselves called "choice". Meeting people,learning new cultures and so on is the aim of NYSC but what happens after the 1year? Remember there's life after service and it's highly frustrating if after service there's no job and connection to help you get there. Am not here to pick a state for you but with God all things are possible and if you wish to work it to a state where you feel life will favour you,then go for it. I know so many people that got favoured either way. Am also a computer Engineer and if you desire to open up a business related to your discipline, then the north is a good place to start.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hashimyussufamao:

Bro, can you give Kaduna a shot? And as for the PPA, I have a school where they pay 10K.
OK sir. Thanks, can I have your contact?
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2019
Oritsewhandey:

If I'm your employer, I will fail you.
You promised to make it BRIEF.
11 Paragraphs na brief?
lol. Thanks though
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2019
Abanekechizoba2:
When I see people say it's not good "working out your NYSC" I wonder if they are in this country (not an insult though) but if I can go back to NYSC service now, I would do anything to get a state with better opportunities and connections. I trust God so much but that's why he gave us humans the ability to make decisions for ourselves called "choice". Meeting people,learning new cultures and so on is the aim of NYSC but what happens after the 1year? Remember there's life after service and it's highly frustrating if after service there's no job and connection to help you get there. Am not here to pick a state for you but with God all things are possible and if you wish to work it to a state where you feel life will favour you,then go for it. I know so many people that got favoured either way. Am also a computer Engineer and if you desire to open up a business related to your discipline, then the north is a good place to start.
Thanks.
thank you so much sir.
I like to know, are you an established computer engineer/technician?
How profitable do you think the business is?

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2019
Gten:
You are a graduate of Kogi State University and I am guessing you are a Kogite, NYSC has a default posting of 80 percent kogites to the core north(my own observation though). If you want to get the best from your service year, please commit the whole process to God and watch him take the wheel. I assure you, God would surely connect you to your destiny helpers. Best wishes.
thank you so much for your advice, highly appreciated sir
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Do not work your posting but dedicate that one year totally to God and ministry. Maybe a church but most importantly to humanity and soul winning. In these period, stay focused on the word of God and meditate daily on where you want to be after service. Pray without ceasing and lay out in prayers for hastened settlement.

After which, you will see the miraculous workings of God over your future.

Richdad
You may not know how invaluable this advice of yours is to me. I've started doing every bit of what You suggested, because of the God factor which I've experienced many times in the past. Thanks so much sir richdad

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2019
royalads:
If you have a laptop, I will advise you to avoid the busy states and go to a less busy state. Why, you may ask? The reason is so you can use the 12 months to learn a skill online. It could be web/mobile development, copywriting, UI/UX or any other skill that is on demand. By the end of 12 months, you should have mastered the skill enough to get a good-paying remote job or become a freelancer.
Start from YouTube and check out courses there. Have a feel of each and know each one that suits you. Head to Udemy or Lynda and pay for courses. They are quite cheap. Less than $50 in most cases. Follow the course religiously and build your portfolio as you go.

This is the advice I will give myself if I'm to repeat my NYSC again.
Thank you very 'severely' sir. I have a pc and I'm already trying to learn graphic design, after which I'll move to copywriting. What is the full meaning of UI/UX please?
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
icankel:
For now Borno is the safest state and make sure ur PPA is close to Sambisa
Are you being sacarstic or you are true to your advice. If the latter, please clarify. Thanks
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
HypePlusIQ:

I live in Lagos(lived there for most part of my life) but im currently serving in Benue. (6 months left)

Not the best of places but relatively peaceful compare to states I have been(and I have been to bout 14).

Anyways, considering Job opportunities ... Lagos, Akwa Ibom, Ogun, Oyo, Cross River, Kano, Ebonyi, Imo.

Now seriously you have to factor some things..

If your PPA in Lagos isn't paying you pretty handsomely , and you don't have a place to stay (I.e you have to rent an apartment during our service year) then Lagos is a no-no.

Also, Ogun state is not a bad place to go.

But I recommend, Oyo and the Eastern states o stated above.

Lest I forget, Edo too is okay( if you know what you are doing).

Wanna explore the north, then Kano or Kaduna is your best bet.

( I was originally posted to Benue and didn't redeploy cos I actually wanna serve and needed a change of environment for a while.)

Good luck,

Wishing you the best
thank you sir. I'm not considering Lagos again, though I have a relative there. I wouldn't want to be a burden to someone who don't even give a hoot in the first place.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
mechanics:
Don't go to Lagos o, things are expensive, maybe Katsina, Kano or Kaduna, there are business opportunities there.
thank you I won't.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 6:36pm On Dec 22, 2019
Naanlong01:
I suggest you stop asking all these ''which state has plenty job opportunities" question and instead pray to God for His will to be done. You know what? NYSC can even post you to a state you didn't even choose, don't be surprised, that happened to me. Before graduating then i prayed to God that wherever i'm posted to, God should make it a place like home to me, because i was also nurturing this same ambition of settling down there, and i can tell you yesterday made it exactly a year after service and am still here doing my business and earning salary at the same time. Let God lead you.
hmmm very encouraging I must say. I'll do as you have suggested sire. Thanks
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 6:43pm On Dec 22, 2019
seanwilliam:
Your writing is impeccable, comprehensive and simple.. to the the question, if I were u I'll gladly find connext to Lagos and husle my asss up..I dont really believe in salary job without connection these days.. improve your skills and monetize it..
Thank you for your encouraging words in reference to my writing... It's one of my dreams to become a writer in the manner of Achebe or Chris Abani. And I must say your words have encouraged me. Deeply appreciated sir.
Re: NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? by GreeneLamb01: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
CHOOSE OGUN STATE, I SERVED THERE 2009, IMMIDIATELY AFTER SERVICE I GOT BACK TO ABUJA 2010, THROUGH OUT THAT PRRIOD I WAS JUST RUNNING AN ERRAND FOR MY INLAW, I HAD NO CHOICE SINCE HE IS THE ONE HOUSING ME PENDING WHEN I WILL SECURE A JOB, I SAW THE JOB WAS NOT FORTH COMING, I HAD TO MOVE MY THINGS AND RETUNED TO OGUN STATE, I WAS SUTTLING BETWEEN OGUN AND LAGOS SERCHINH FOR JOB, FURTUNATELY I GOT A JOB IN LAGOS, HAD TO SOURCE OUT MONEY GOT A FACE ME I SLAP YOU, FROM THERE ON CHANGE TO A BETTER APARTMENT, ALONG THE LINE, I DISCOVERED THAT WITH THE LUTTLE SALARY I GET AND FOR ME TO LIVE A COMFORTABLE LIFE, I NEED TO MOVE BACK TO OGUN STATE, THAT WAS HOW I MOVED BACK TO OGUN STATE, I WAS COMING TO WORK FROM OGUN TO LAGOS, TODAY, TO GOD BE THE GLORY THE DECISION I TOOK HAS GREATLY PAID IN FOR ME. THE REASON WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE OGUN IS BECAUSE OF ITS PROXIMITY TO LAGOS, LIFE IS LESS EXPENSIVE THERE, WITH YOUR COMPUTER ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE YOU CAN START UP SOMETHING IN HERE,AND ABOVE ALL, ASK GOD FOR DIRECTION.
Thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Procedure On How To Print Nysc Online Redeployment & Relocation Letter / Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? / 18 Pictures That Prospective Stream 2 Corpers Will Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.