Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) (101372 Views)

Say No To Cultism,how I Joined The Supreme Maphite,and Almost Got Killed By NBM / Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State / Fake Army Officer Arrested At Military Base Where He Lived For Over 2 Years. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
PastorandMentor:
So because he talked about owning 3 cars, you feel he has a job for you.
You mumu ooo

U r too blind to see the bigger pictures
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by mofedamijo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
Antoeni:
Why Will Someone who lived in US For 45Years
Only For Him to come Back,Build a House In Ikorodu And Be Living There ? Shagamu would have been Better,Na Wa Ooo Ikorodu Of all places

You never can tell his story. Probably he sent money home for them to build for him in ogun state or a peaceful area in Lagos, and in a bid to chop money, they dis so in Ikorodu, or probably they told him to come to ikorodu that its better dor him. One thing i know is, if you have a good family member, they won't advice him to move to ikorodu, redemption camp would have been better, quiet, 24/7 electricity and its safe.......its so sad, after 45years of hustle........

3 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Rawtruth1: 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
APC weldone. We never had it as bad as it's been seen under this administration. Hell has been let loose. Worse than the zoo some people called it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by OpinionCounts(m): 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
Lagos and bloodshed...I don't know how someone will leave a developed country to go back to that jungle called Lagos... everyday cult clashes, touts, street urchins, criminals and hoodlums everywhere you go in that jungle called Lagos

2 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by armadeo(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
I remember one man I came across the very next say after he came from America.

He arrived the day before and was in his brothers house when armed robbers struck, he was severely beaten and his brother was killed. He was just crying throughout. That had he known had he known.

Thieves were asking where the dollars where the dollars.i just thought inside job inside job.

I hope dangote struck has crushed them dead by now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by sayisayi(m): 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
As I said last week, peace and quality of life is priceless...

Make I relax this Xmas in the Algarve abeg, even family funeral no go see me land for Naija. Just send 40k by wire, pray for departed soul, finish.

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by DerickCO(m): 5:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
There is no place you will not hear of killing in Nigeria. God help us. My advice is, "Nigerians out there, don't come back!"

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by LegoxMetahuman: 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
agadez007:
and you too

am pretty sure if this happened in igboland,your people would have filled this place with their anthem "Igbos hate themselves" blah blah blah
are you sure its not the ibo in lagos that killed him?

3 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by midnighter(f): 5:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
dominique:
We don't know if that's where the people he sent money to decided to build house for him. Rather than buy land in a more secure area like Lekki, they decided to buy cheap land in Ikorodu and built house there. A lot of people from the diaspora don't get their choice property especially if they entrust the process to family members

mofedamijo:
You never can tell his story. Probably he sent money home for them to build for him in ogun state or a peaceful area in Lagos, and in a bid to chop money, they dis so in Ikorodu, or probably they told him to come to ikorodu that its better dor him. One thing i know is, if you have a good family member, they won't advice him to move to ikorodu, redemption camp would have been better, quiet, 24/7 electricity and its safe.......its so sad, after 45years of hustle........

Thats why the person should keep coming back to supervise his building. Sending money to people doesnt work most of the time

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by MillerJnr(m): 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
agadez007:
and you too

am pretty sure if this happened in igboland,your people would have filled this place with their anthem "Igbos hate themselves" blah blah blah

make we hear word, who loves to kill cheaply like yorubas?,
give the illiterate Yoruba boys 2k they will kill for you, we know them na,
lazy set of boys, Yoruba boys don't like to work, na fast money Dem want make,
na Dem make buhari say Nigerian youths are lazy,
if I lie go to Yoruba dominated area and see for yourself during working hours.

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by midnighter(f): 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
armadeo:
I remember one man I came across the very next say after he came from America.

He arrived the day before and was in his brothers house when armed robbers struck, he was severely beaten and his brother was killed. He was just crying throughout. That had he known had he known.

Thieves were asking where the dollars where the dollars.i just thought inside job inside job.

Terrible. They just have to try to keep a very low profile...who knows if their own family member even told the robbers of his whereabouts

2 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Sofistcatdmoron: 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
despite the fact that he decided to settle in lagos which is not part of afonja land, afonja people still traced him to lagos and murdered him,
this is very bad i must say

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by mofedamijo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2019
midnighter:

Thats why the person should keep coming back to supervise his building. Sending money to people doesnt work most of the time

You are right, but most of the time, you're very busy.

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by CSTR2: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
According to some people, buhari has done excellently well.
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by mofedamijo(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
OpinionCounts:
Lagos and bloodshed...I don't know how someone will leave a developed country to go back to that jungle called Lagos... everyday cult clashes, touts, street urchins, criminals and hoodlums everywhere you go in that jungle called Lagos

Calm down, probably he was misinformed, Dangote lives in Lagos, Otedola does, Mike Adenuga, Jim ovia, 90% Nigeria billionaires all have houses in Lagos, and they live there. The problem is just the environment. Chicago is beautiful, same as New York, but trust me, there are parts of these places you don't wanna ever live in.

3 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Cvesta(m): 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2019
otipoju:
Nigeria has regressed to the Hobbessian State of Nature where life is nasty, brutish and short.

You sabi something. Thomas hobbs
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by petitejolie(f): 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ikorodu off all places. Is it stinginess or maybe he paid someone a visit. He didn’t see all this estates in magodo, and on d island? U sure it’s not his family and friends dat did dis. May his soul Rest In Peace. Some people wish to return home and enjoy their service pay from abroad but the country no get joy. I know of some who have gone back to d diaspora while some others are scared

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by petitejolie(f): 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
This is where a wife should play better role. But most of dem either married a while woman who Dey re running away from it an African who don lost for there
midnighter:

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by OChimex: 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
Rilley:
Why did he come back to this shíthole..

Exaxtly my question. How could one live 45 damn years in heaven and decided to come settle in a slump/ghetto like ikorodu?

This guy would have at least thought of settling in VI naaaa. haba.

3 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by anonymous1759(m): 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
sarrki:
Humans are naturally wicked

It’s painful

Stories like this won’t make Nigerians in diaspora never dream of returning home

https://www.facebook.com/1659313784/posts/10219471298887339/?app=fbl

Anybody can die anywhere we should stop all these crap Tagging Nigeria as a dead zone.

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by jmaine: 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
amuwo1980:

But he said the truth and you know it, remove the log in ur eye first.

You feel everyone Is here for the typical tribal wankfest..

What a shame.

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Ace5(m): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
Why did he come back to this shíthole..

because he came back to die in peace and be buried in his home land, but this shithole of a country has finally killed him in pieces
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by AjalaDtraveller(f): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
Just this evening my friend showed me the video of his friend who returned from abroad and went to the east on Sunday. In broad daylight he was shot and left to die. I watched his car ridden with bullet holes and the dead guy seated in his car. Most of this news do not even make it to the News. The insecurity in Nigeria is at an all time high honestly

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Xammie001(m): 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2019
YOUNGELDER1:
Ikorodu .. Yemen of Lagos
So True
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by midnighter(f): 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
petitejolie:
This is where a wife should play better role. But most of dem either married a while woman who Dey re running away from it an African who don lost for there

Yes ooo a good wife who will fly back and surprise the contractor, labourers and family members who will be trying to swallow the funds.

Even if the person marries a white lady they can still account for that by organising themselves properly.

All I know is that sending money when you know you cant come back regularly is the same as pouring it inside soakaway

4 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by jahsharon: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
fulaniHERDSman:
Too bad. Clearest illustration of our present security situation.
All our anti corruption fight and nobody ever tries to stop our security agents from taking bribes on the road and living above their means. shocked

Bad boys also kill almost everyday in US, so he could have also been killed in US. We see this on news channels everyday. However, there are problems in Nigeria and insecurity is one of them. It is sad that the man lost his lifee in such a cruel manner. I am sure Thunder will strike the killers very very soon before they finally rot in hell fire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by armyofone(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
I wondered too...but i think Friends and extended families possibly used sentiment to draw him back....e.g you never build house, you never come to see families, old people home not good, WU is not enough, come let us see you....blah blah blah! They say Africa is home because you are among your people undecided not true! Wherever you lived, worked and raised your family is home.
Home is where the heart is.

OpinionCounts:

2 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by paparazi1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
voltron14:
The culture wherein hardwork is relegated to the doldrums.

People do not see value in hardwork or modesty.

You praise Yahoo boys but little do you know, you cannot distinguish them from kidnappers or armed robbers.

Some of you would condemn this message not knowing you or your loved one would be condemned by your philosophy.

Until this craze for material things above peace and happiness is done away with, more and more victims would be found amongst us.
I will stand with you on the above points if you were not part of those who enthrone the present Government, and you see some gullible Persons praising the Govt and would even open their 32 teeth
and say things like, Govt at the center is working, Pathetic enough the nyash lickers call Northern Governors forum'
are praising him on economy, corruption, security etc yet things are getting out of hand everyday in all sectors.
It will never be well with anyone that contributed to enthroning these thieves called Government at the center.
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by AjalaDtraveller(f): 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
petitejolie:
Ikorodu off all places. Is it stinginess or maybe he paid someone a visit. He didn’t see all this estates in magodo, and on d island? U sure it’s not his family and friends dat did dis. May his soul Rest In Peace. Some people wish to return home and enjoy their service pay from abroad but the country no get joy. I know of some who have gone back to d diaspora while some others are scared
ALOT of Nigerians living abroad are also struggling financially . He may not have been able to afford to build in those areas. You guys mentality of abroad needs to start changing o honestly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by midnighter(f): 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
mofedamijo:

You are right, but most of the time, you're very busy.

If you know youre busy then postpone until youre not or force yourself to make time

Sending money, even to your own brother at times, is a no-go area.

You can see what the economy has reduced people to. Plus bitterness and suffering.

After changing the foreign currency into naira a lot of people's eyes will just roll back into their heads so no need to tempt them

2 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by voltron14: 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
paparazi1:
I will stand with you on the above points if you were not part of those who enthrone the present Government, and you see some gullible Persons praising the Govt and would even open their 32 teeth
and say things like, Govt at the center is working, Pathetic enough the nyash lickers call Northern Governors forum'
are praising him on economy, corruption, security etc yet things are getting out of hand everyday in all sectors.
It will never be well with anyone that contributed to enthroning these thieves called Government at the center.

It is because of Buhari Oba Oyekan's supposed son killed a female restauranter in 2012 abi?

Or it was Buhati that pushed OUK or Madueke or Fayose to loot.

It would not be well with anybody that wanted a continuation of the Jonathan's government.
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by nokatakata: 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2019
There's nothing wrong in building a house back home. but why anyone would want to come back to Nigeria after 45 years and choose to go to ikorodu to settle because you have a house there is beyond me.

This is a lesson to anyone who lives outside Nigeria, you can build and buy properties in nigeria but do not make the mistake of wanting to come settle down permanently here. You should only visit and spend one week maximum. When you come to Nigeria, go straight to a standard hotel in Ikeja or on the island and do not let anyone know when you'll be coming to Nigeria. once you are around, call whoever you want to call and have them come see you in the hotel restaurant, give them whatever you want to give and give them a fake date of return.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Omowunmi, Osun Polytechnic Student Died After Visiting Her Boyfriend (Photo) / Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / It Doesn’t Take Me Time To Kill – Aiye Butcher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.