Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Php/web_question_v1 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Php/web_question_v1 (765 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Php/web_question_v1 by crunchyDope(m): 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
Theory
php can be used to create a ecommerce or maybe a database,lets just say am using mysql for this (database), now i want to query for an item , i do need a connection to the database which i specified like
$conn = blah blah;
$db = more blah blanh;
$username = "crunchyDope";
$pwd = "blah blah";
and more blah blah...

Question
(1) ==>any body who visits this page wont need a username and password right?
(2) ==>so do i just create a dummy username and password and store in the php file?
(3) == >and for the life of me is that even safe?
gurus pls enlighten me, thanks sad
Re: Php/web_question_v1 by Thenaijaitguy: 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
crunchyDope:
Theory
php can be used to create a ecommerce or maybe a database,lets just say am using mysql for this (database), now i want to query for an item , i do need a connection to the database which i specified like
$conn = blah blah;
$db = more blah blanh;
$username = "crunchyDope";
$pwd = "blah blah";
and more blah blah...

Question
(1) ==>any body who visits this page wont need a username and password right?
(2) ==>so do i just create a dummy username and password and store in the php file?
(3) == >and for the life of me is that even safe?
gurus pls enlighten me, thanks sad

The username and password you have up there is for data base user not the website user.

So if you want the website user to have user and password .that will be stored in your database table.

Check out this free php login script.
https://www.naijaitguys.com.ng/Title/SIMPLE-PHP-LOGIN-SCRIPT-
Re: Php/web_question_v1 by crunchyDope(m): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
Thenaijaitguy:

The username and password you have up there is for data base user not the website user.

So if you want the website user to have user and password .that will be stored in your database table.

Check out this free php login script.
https://www.naijaitguys.com.ng/Title/SIMPLE-PHP-LOGIN-SCRIPT-

ok noted, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Games On Whatsapp Debuts In Nigeria / Facebook Apologizes For Screwing Up Translation Of Xi Jinping’s Name / What Are Some Of The Most Popular ITSM Ticketing Services In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.