Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate (2608 Views)

Abia Tribunal Annuls Election Of Emeka Nnamani, Bars APGA From Re-run / Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige / Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by Omenani(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Arent Yorubas equally beheaded in the North? Since Igbos retaliated in Aba/Onitsha, it became clear the North got the message, hence they now turned their beheading mentality toward the Yoruba.

That is true. Those boys in Aba and Onitsha showed the Hausa no mercy. It was a warning. If an Igbo man's head is touched up North, the Hausa lives in the East are forfeit. That is the deal that was struck.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by Blazay(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

to my igbo brothers, this is what the west want exactly!!! this is the epitome of what they want. [b]they NEVER VOTED FOR OBJ, HE WAS IMPOSED ON THEM![/b]they do not really care about who becomes the president. all they want is development and progress regardless of the country!

Mo ti gbo,
Why did you guys not throw him out the way you are throwing all the PDP political ashawos out of the West now that you have no real power in government?
He was imposed on 'them' indeed. Did they complain for 10 years.

Talk about being 'ra-ped' and enjoying every moment of it while chanting 'e gba mi o' with multiple org-asms! Were you all not enjoying the politcal 'Yerimarization' by OBJ?

Did Adenuga and Otedola not benefit and to this day?
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by OAM4J: 9:09pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

to my igbo brothers, this is what the west want exactly!!! this is the epitome of what they want. they NEVER VOTED FOR OBJ, HE WAS IMPOSED ON THEM!
they do not really care about who becomes the president. all they want is development and progress regardless of the country!

you are more intelligent than i thought.  grin
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

to my igbo brothers, this is what the west want exactly!!! this is the epitome of what they want. they NEVER VOTED FOR OBJ, HE WAS IMPOSED ON THEM!
they do not really care about who becomes the president. all they want is development and progress regardless of the country!

Liar, they voted for him in 2003.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2010
Blazay:

Mo ti gbo,
Why did you guys not throw him out the way you are throwing all the PDP political love-peddlers out of the West now that you have no real power in government?
He was imposed on 'them' indeed. Did they complain for 10 years.

Talk about being 'ra-ped' and enjoying every moment of it while chanting 'e gba mi o' with multiple org-asms!

Thanks. Those guys are such blatant hypocrites. They voted for Obj in 2003 when it became clear that Atiku was going to replace him. That was why they killed AD.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by jason12345: 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Liar, they voted for him in 2003.

they were all rigged!!! as the 2007 election in the sw were
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

they were all rigged!!! as the 2007 election in the sw were

Tell that to former Governors of Ogun and Osun (Akande) states from the AD party. Are you saying Yoruba voted for Buhari in 2003 instead of Obj? You must be kidding, right?
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by OAM4J: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

Does it matter? even now that we have an ijaw president, does that mean ijaw regions would be more developed or her people would be treathd better.

i think in nigeria, only the west has the political will to oppose the north politically.

FACT! The day S.E is able to speak with one voice politically, is the day their freedom from playing 2nd fiddle will stop.

igbobuigbo:

It will actually be in the interest of the Igbos that Yoruba retire to their ethnic politics. They can never rule Nigeria from there (ethnic politics), but will fail as Awo did. True federalism means 100% resource control which the Yoruba are afraid of.

Yorubas afraid of resource control?   I doubt you understand what resource control entails.  grin
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

FACT! The day S.E is able to speak with one voice politically, is the day their freedom from playing 2nd fiddle will stop.

Yorubas afraid of resource control?   I doubt you understand what resource control entails.  grin

Together with hausa states, Yoruba states where the ones who took Obj to court over resource control (13 % derivation). Do the west speak with one voice? Why should adults speak with one voice politically?
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by OAM4J: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Together with hausa states, Yoruba states where the ones who took Obj to court over resource control (13 % derivation). Do the west speak with one voice? Why should adults speak with one voice politically?

I laugh in Swahili grin grin grin

Give me your evidence. The architect of federalism and resource control struggle is Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. he was the one who brought all the Southern Governors together in 2000 for the campaign.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2010
Yoruba voted for/supported their own in 2003. See some proves below

1. “When ex-president Obasanjo contested under PDP in 1999, some of us supported him abandoning our various parties while some voted him because he is a Yoruba man, so anybody can vote the candidate of his choice”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/2, -common-enemy/

2. http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/Poli, meruayeII.html

3. Q: What about in 2003?

Chief Bisi Akande: In the case of 2003, we were led to Obasanjo by Pa Abraham Adesanya about three weeks to the election. At that meeting, the Afenifere leaders were present as well as two or three governors and Bishop Gbonigi. Archbishop Ladigbolu was there, the Awujale of Ijebuland was there. After the meeting, I enjoyed the privilege of hosting Archbishop Ladigbolu in my house in Ibadan. I told him we were going to be rigged out of the election; that Obasanjo had concluded he was going to rig us out. He could not believe it. I said I could read it from his body language at the meeting.

Q: Was he the one who called the meeting?

Chief Bisi Akande: It was Pa Adesanya who arranged the meeting. It was a follow-up to meetings Afenifere had with Obasanjo. Along the line, Afenifere was trying to see that Yoruba people supported Obasanjo for a second term, even though some of the leaders are now denying that that meeting ever existed. But the meetings existed. There were three meetings. We held the first one at Abeokuta where (Femi) Okurounmu was our mouthpiece. Chief Cornelius Adebayo spoke after him, before Obasanjo made his response where he promised heaven and earth – that he was going to do the bidding of Afenifere. That meeting was a follow-up to another meeting at Abeokuta at the Presidential Lodge with Segun Osoba. The third meeting was the one attended by the Awujale and the bishops. When some people talk now, they will say the governors sold out the Yoruba. No, it was Afenifere that led us to Obasanjo. Some people will say such meetings never held, but they held.

In fact, the decision to allow Bola Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government was also taken at a meeting. A meeting was held at Ijebu Igbo and approval was given that Ige should go and serve. Pa Adesanya said, ‘Oh, this is Afenifere’s level, don’t let us conclude the matter here. Go to AD and re-affirm your decision.’ Based on that, another meeting was held at the Old Kingsway at Ikeja. You can ask people like Dr. Wahab Dosunmu if this meeting was not held. The only motion against Bola Ige going to Obasanjo’s government was moved by Pa Adebanjo, and that motion was not supported by anybody. Ayo Fasanmi presided over the meeting and he announced that now that the motion was not supported, was there any other motion? But there was no other motion. So, the motion for Bola Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government was carried unanimously. So, two meetings of Afenifere and a meeting of AD sponsored Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government. Now that Ige is no more, people are saying he went to serve his personal interest. When Ige was leaving the government, he wrote a resignation letter, where he stated there that he was going to revamp his party – the AD. If he did not do that, they would have said he had joined the PDP. So, all these meetings were always held and they were at the instance of Afenifere. So, when we left that meeting, I knew Obasanjo was going to rig the election; and when he did, I was not too surprised.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=3183

4. Thu, 10/29/2009 - 18:17 — Franklin Otorofani, Esq.
'AC not part of new platform; ANPP is part of PDP' - Akande of AD
With due respect Chief Bisi Akande is living in the past and as usual playing politics of exclusionism. Any political analyst worth his salt would readily appreciate the fact that AC is no more than a reincarnation of the defunct AD that was asphyxiated and run out of town by the OBJ administration when, like a political general, he overan the South/West to redraw the political map of Nigeria in 2003.

He did this by persuading then AD governors to support his candidacy for the presidency in his second term in return for his support for their second terms as AD governors. The politically naive AD governors swallowed the bait hook, line, and sinker and got their supporters to vote for OBJ and the PDP in the 2003 presidential election.

Having voted for OBJ and the PDP, however, it was not possible to turn back and vote for AD governors as the momentum for OBJ and PDP was irreversible. A tidal wave of tsunamic proportions hit the South/West and the AD was swept out of power which it is yet to and may never recover from. And the rest, as they say, is history. Bisi Akande would never forgive OBJ for that electoral coup that made AD irrelevant and caused it to dissolve and metarmorphosed into AC of today, which Akande holds as his baby that can never merge with any other politcal party.

http://africanheraldexpress.com/?q=c, -pdp-akande-ac

5. ''OBASANJO DID NOT CAPTURE UNWILLING ENEMIES'' Prof Omo Omoruyi

''Candidate Obasanjo was uniter in the southwest. He made many appointments in Yoruba land to both factions in Yoruba leadership from the Awo and SLA camps. For example he appointed the daughter of Chief Awolowo and the son of Chief Akintola Ambassadors. He pays visits to both families'' Omo Omoruyi

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/ua, _vision_o1.htm

6. The 2003 Nigerian Elections that Broke the Jinx

T.A. Akinyele

Apart from the fact that the PDP campaigned more effectively than all the other political parties in these states, it was also aided by the lackadaisical performances of the AD governors. Moreover, the Yoruba seem to have had a rethink and made up their minds to continue to be relevant in Nigerian politics now and in the future. The Yoruba are already conscious of the fact that whether Obasanjo won or lost, the 2003 presidential election, under the generally acceptable zoning arrangement, constituted the last chance of the Yoruba to lead in the mainstream of governance in Nigeria in the foreseeable future. Consequently, they figured that it was in their best interest to vote Obasanjo for a second term since he had performed fairly creditably during his first outing and there did not seem to be other more viable alternative candidates among Yoruba contestants.

http://www.westafricareview.com/issue5/akinyele.htm

7. Why civil rule has lasted 10 years and may collapse in 2011 (4)
By SINA ADEDIPE

The PDP under Obasanjo’s berserk and brutish presidency got away with the rigging of the 2003 elections without the Yorubas reacting violently as in 1965 and 83 not essentially because he belonged to their ethnic group. But because of the efforts of northern legislators who were the majority in the Senate and House of Representatives to impeach him in 2002 so that as stipulated in the constitution Vice-President Atiku Abubakar (a northerner) would have succeeded him. This development made Afenifere leaders, the chieftains of the Odu’a Peoples Congress (OPC) an exclusive Yoruba militia and the majority of the members of the ethnic group who did not vote for Obasanjo in 1999 deriding him as a Hausa-Fulani stooge and northern candidate to rally round him. I recall that the Afenifere and OPC leaders at the time said that if Obasanjo was impeached or was not fielded by the PDP for reelection in 2003 the South-West would pull-out of Nigeria as that was a clear evidence the Yorubas were no more wanted in the country.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpage, ly-15-2009.htm

8. ''Beyond the D’Rovans, Ibadan exercise which pitted Ige against the core Afenifere members, who fielded Chief Olu Falae as the AD presidential candidate, another phase of the schism was when Obasanjo became President and he hoodwinked the South-West governors into supporting him and in return, he rigged them out of office. In 2003 Osoba explained how Oba Okunade Sijuwade and the late Adeyinka Oyekan approached and begged him to help persuade his colleagues to support OBJ. “Under that situation, I want to ask you, if everybody is begging me to do something for the Yoruba nation and I refused and Obasanjo still went ahead to rig me out, I won’t be able to walk free in this country because everybody will be saying: ‘we asked you for the assistance and you didn’t give'' Olusegun Osoba.

http://thenewsng.com/cover-story/who, a-race/2008/05
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

I laugh in Swahili grin grin grin

Give me your evidence. The architect of federalism and resource control struggle is Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. he was the one who brought all the Southern Governors together in 2000 for the campaign.

Ok. Hang on for the evidence.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by bkbabe97y(m): 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Make up ur mind! One minute, according to u, Yorubas speak with one voice ,next, they dont!

Besides, why do yall Ibos always have to compare urselves to the Yourbas in anything u do? Smirks of jealousy to me. . . . . .
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by Blazay(m): 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Thanks. Those guys are such blatant hypocrites. They voted for Obj in 2003 when it became clear that Atiku was going to replace him. That was why they killed AD.

I say fear them. Never sleep with one eye closed not to talk of two.
They will say one thing publicly and do the exact opposite behind closed doors and deny until caught-redhanded.

Thank God the third term agenda voting was made public. AIT paid a hugh price and to this day. Do you blame Dokpesi for running to IBB and Atiku? These Yoruba tongue-twisters have shown the man pepper and onion. grin

Double-talking, multiple dealing turn-coats.

I am glad the rest of Nigeria is catching on. Never trust them I say.

Oloshis.

You will see what the Northerners will do with GEJ with all that "OBJ" sworn support after cheating them with the half-dead Yaradua.
Naija politics sweet sha.
So so jibiti. cheesy
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Make up your mind! One minute, according to u, Yorubas speak with one voice ,next, they dont!

Besides, why do yall Ibos always have to compare urselves to the Yourbas in anything u do? Smirks of jealousy to me. . . . . .

The point is that you guys deny the truth in public such as saying you did not vote for Obasanjo in 2003. Jealous of whom?

BTW read my posts above showing that you guys did vote for Obj in 2003.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by Blazay(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

The last time I checked, Obj is from the South West, and he dealt with your Northern Mafia. The North still need more years to recover from obj blows. grin

The only thing is that PDP should have left SW with Obj's exit. And we are enforcing that now.

The same Northern mafia who spared his stinking, jiggling, agidi-filled, chronic, jedi-jedi-infested behind from jail?
Atiku was right after all.
He should have been allowed to rot in jail.
He for still "dey laff" from im coffin.
Only Satan would have been hearing that his laugh for sure.

Walahi.

Talk about biting the fingers that snatched you from the jaws of death.
Who says God does not make mistakes?

Well, get ready. The same Northern mafia is back. Jonathan is no match.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by Omenani(m): 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2010
[b]igbobuigbo [/b]has proven his point with evidence.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by OAM4J: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

The point is that you guys deny the truth in public such as saying you did not vote for Obasanjo in 2003. Jealous of whom?

BTW read my posts above showing that you guys did vote for Obj in 2003.

Hey! stop wasting your time. I know many Yorubas voted for Obj in 2003. It is called Politics. cos Obj was the only substantial SW candidate.

igbobuigbo:

Ok. Hang on for the evidence.

While you are at it read this

Tinubu Restates Call for True Federalism, Resource Control
This Day (Lagos)
March 18, 2001

Posted to the web March 19, 2001
Chika Amanze-nwachuku
Lagos

Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State has said that only true fiscal and states' control of their resources remained the only basis for sustainable democracy in Nigeria. The governor also disagreed that the current agitation for resource control can lead to civil war, saying "it is when people feel aggrieved that their resources are being unjustly exploited to their detriment that the peace and unity of the country can be endangered."

Speaking on his arrival from this year's Hajj, Tinubu attributed the opposition to resource control in some quarters to the mistaken fear that petroleum is the only resource with which the country is blessed and that there can be no development without it. He stated that the country is abundantly blessed with numerous natural and mineral resources, which are waiting to be tapped and developed, regretting that these other sources of revenue were neglected due to the unhealthy reliance solely on oil.

The governor expressed optimism that the forthcoming third southern governors' forum, scheduled to take place in Benin-City "will send a very strong signal that southern Nigerian is irrevocably committed to a genuine federal system based on justice and equity." "We are going there with a lost of enthusiasm. We are determined to promote unity of purpose and political stability. We shall also continue to push for true fiscal federalism in out policy. It is about time we came to terms with what devolution of power means in this country and recognise what the responsibilities of the different tiers of government should be," he said.

Tinubu opined that the relationship between federal and state governments in the country "should not be a master-servant, or headmaster-pupil relationship" as that is not the spirit of federalism.

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.nigeria/browse_thread/thread/6846cc65a5d3f037/5dc9c95113f470a2%3Fq%3D%2522%2BTinubu%2522%235dc9c95113f470a2&ei=iGwTS6eaOpW8Qpmqic0O&sa=t&ct=res&cd=67&source=groups&usg=AFQjCNGM2ug3OIV0yHqdCBCrEiDUiSnjZA?pli=1
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by Blazay(m): 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Yoruba voted for/supported their own in 2003. See some proves below

1. “When ex-president Obasanjo contested under PDP in 1999, some of us supported him abandoning our various parties while some voted him because he is a Yoruba man, so anybody can vote the candidate of his choice”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/2, -common-enemy/

2. http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/Poli, meruayeII.html

3. Q: What about in 2003?

Chief Bisi Akande: In the case of 2003, we were led to Obasanjo by Pa Abraham Adesanya about three weeks to the election. At that meeting, the Afenifere leaders were present as well as two or three governors and Bishop Gbonigi. Archbishop Ladigbolu was there, the Awujale of Ijebuland was there. After the meeting, I enjoyed the privilege of hosting Archbishop Ladigbolu in my house in Ibadan. I told him we were going to be rigged out of the election; that Obasanjo had concluded he was going to rig us out. He could not believe it. I said I could read it from his body language at the meeting.

Q: Was he the one who called the meeting?

Chief Bisi Akande: It was Pa Adesanya who arranged the meeting. It was a follow-up to meetings Afenifere had with Obasanjo. Along the line, Afenifere was trying to see that Yoruba people supported Obasanjo for a second term, even though some of the leaders are now denying that that meeting ever existed. But the meetings existed. There were three meetings. We held the first one at Abeokuta where (Femi) Okurounmu was our mouthpiece. Chief Cornelius Adebayo spoke after him, before Obasanjo made his response where he promised heaven and earth – that he was going to do the bidding of Afenifere. That meeting was a follow-up to another meeting at Abeokuta at the Presidential Lodge with Segun Osoba. The third meeting was the one attended by the Awujale and the bishops. When some people talk now, they will say the governors sold out the Yoruba. No, it was Afenifere that led us to Obasanjo. Some people will say such meetings never held, but they held.

In fact, the decision to allow Bola Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government was also taken at a meeting. A meeting was held at Ijebu Igbo and approval was given that Ige should go and serve. Pa Adesanya said, ‘Oh, this is Afenifere’s level, don’t let us conclude the matter here. Go to AD and re-affirm your decision.’ Based on that, another meeting was held at the Old Kingsway at Ikeja. You can ask people like Dr. Wahab Dosunmu if this meeting was not held. The only motion against Bola Ige going to Obasanjo’s government was moved by Pa Adebanjo, and that motion was not supported by anybody. Ayo Fasanmi presided over the meeting and he announced that now that the motion was not supported, was there any other motion? But there was no other motion. So, the motion for Bola Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government was carried unanimously. So, two meetings of Afenifere and a meeting of AD sponsored Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government. Now that Ige is no more, people are saying he went to serve his personal interest. When Ige was leaving the government, he wrote a resignation letter, where he stated there that he was going to revamp his party – the AD. If he did not do that, they would have said he had joined the PDP. So, all these meetings were always held and they were at the instance of Afenifere. So, when we left that meeting, I knew Obasanjo was going to rig the election; and when he did, I was not too surprised.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=3183

4. Thu, 10/29/2009 - 18:17 — Franklin Otorofani, Esq.
'AC not part of new platform; ANPP is part of PDP' - Akande of AD
With due respect Chief Bisi Akande is living in the past and as usual playing politics of exclusionism. Any political analyst worth his salt would readily appreciate the fact that AC is no more than a reincarnation of the defunct AD that was asphyxiated and run out of town by the OBJ administration when, like a political general, he overan the South/West to redraw the political map of Nigeria in 2003.

He did this by persuading then AD governors to support his candidacy for the presidency in his second term in return for his support for their second terms as AD governors. The politically naive AD governors swallowed the bait hook, line, and sinker and got their supporters to vote for OBJ and the PDP in the 2003 presidential election.

Having voted for OBJ and the PDP, however, it was not possible to turn back and vote for AD governors as the momentum for OBJ and PDP was irreversible. A tidal wave of tsunamic proportions hit the South/West and the AD was swept out of power which it is yet to and may never recover from. And the rest, as they say, is history. Bisi Akande would never forgive OBJ for that electoral coup that made AD irrelevant and caused it to dissolve and metarmorphosed into AC of today, which Akande holds as his baby that can never merge with any other politcal party.

http://africanheraldexpress.com/?q=c, -pdp-akande-ac

5. ''OBASANJO DID NOT CAPTURE UNWILLING ENEMIES'' Prof Omo Omoruyi

''Candidate Obasanjo was uniter in the southwest. He made many appointments in Yoruba land to both factions in Yoruba leadership from the Awo and SLA camps. For example he appointed the daughter of Chief Awolowo and the son of Chief Akintola Ambassadors. He pays visits to both families'' Omo Omoruyi

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/ua, _vision_o1.htm

6. The 2003 Nigerian Elections that Broke the Jinx

T.A. Akinyele

Apart from the fact that the PDP campaigned more effectively than all the other political parties in these states, it was also aided by the lackadaisical performances of the AD governors. Moreover, the Yoruba seem to have had a rethink and made up their minds to continue to be relevant in Nigerian politics now and in the future. The Yoruba are already conscious of the fact that whether Obasanjo won or lost, the 2003 presidential election, under the generally acceptable zoning arrangement, constituted the last chance of the Yoruba to lead in the mainstream of governance in Nigeria in the foreseeable future. Consequently, they figured that it was in their best interest to vote Obasanjo for a second term since he had performed fairly creditably during his first outing and there did not seem to be other more viable alternative candidates among Yoruba contestants.

http://www.westafricareview.com/issue5/akinyele.htm

7. Why civil rule has lasted 10 years and may collapse in 2011 (4)
By SINA ADEDIPE

The PDP under Obasanjo’s berserk and brutish presidency got away with the rigging of the 2003 elections without the Yorubas reacting violently as in 1965 and 83 not essentially because he belonged to their ethnic group. But because of the efforts of northern legislators who were the majority in the Senate and House of Representatives to impeach him in 2002 so that as stipulated in the constitution Vice-President Atiku Abubakar (a northerner) would have succeeded him. This development made Afenifere leaders, the chieftains of the Odu’a Peoples Congress (OPC) an exclusive Yoruba militia and the majority of the members of the ethnic group who did not vote for Obasanjo in 1999 deriding him as a Hausa-Fulani stooge and northern candidate to rally round him. I recall that the Afenifere and OPC leaders at the time said that if Obasanjo was impeached or was not fielded by the PDP for reelection in 2003 the South-West would pull-out of Nigeria as that was a clear evidence the Yorubas were no more wanted in the country.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpage, ly-15-2009.htm

8. ''Beyond the D’Rovans, Ibadan exercise which pitted Ige against the core Afenifere members, who fielded Chief Olu Falae as the AD presidential candidate, another phase of the schism was when Obasanjo became President and he hoodwinked the South-West governors into supporting him and in return, he rigged them out of office. In 2003 Osoba explained how Oba Okunade Sijuwade and the late Adeyinka Oyekan approached and begged him to help persuade his colleagues to support OBJ. “Under that situation, I want to ask you, if everybody is begging me to do something for the Yoruba nation and I refused and Obasanjo still went ahead to rig me out, I won’t be able to walk free in this country because everybody will be saying: ‘we asked you for the assistance and you didn’t give'' Olusegun Osoba.

http://thenewsng.com/cover-story/who, a-race/2008/05

I dey laugh.

cheesy

OAM4J:

Hey! stop wasting your time. I know many Yorubas voted for Obj in 2003. It is called Politics. cos Obj was the only substantial SW candidate.

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.nigeria/browse_thread/thread/6846cc65a5d3f037/5dc9c95113f470a2%3Fq%3D%2522%2BTinubu%2522%235dc9c95113f470a2&ei=iGwTS6eaOpW8Qpmqic0O&sa=t&ct=res&cd=67&source=groups&usg=AFQjCNGM2ug3OIV0yHqdCBCrEiDUiSnjZA?pli=1

Only Lagos?
What of the other Western Adedibu states?
Quiet jor make we hear sointin.
Chronic jibiti peeps.
Liars.
Awon oloshi.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

Tinubu is not = to Yoruba

Now read this snippet. More coming

http://allafrica.com/stories/200505100386.html

Northern Govs Renew Bid to Stop 13% Derivation

Ise-Oluwa Ige

10 May 2005

Abuja — TEN months after filing a suit at the Supreme Court for the reinstatement of the controversial on-shore/off-shore oil dichotomy, governors of the 19 Northern states have mandated their counsel, Mr Yusuf Ali (SAN) to reactivate their case, pushing for stoppage of the 13 per cent derivation enjoyed by oil producing states in the country.

Three states from the South-West -- Oyo, Osun and Ekiti-- are also on the list of the plaintiffs. However, Oyo had disowned the suit when the matter was initiated last August.

Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by OAM4J: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2010
Blazay:

The same Northern mafia who spared his stinking, jiggling, agidi-filled behind from jail?
Atiku was right after all.
He should have been allowed to rot in jail.
He for still "dey laff" from im coffin.
Only Satan would have been hearing that his laugh for sure.

Walahi.

Talk about biting the fingers that snatched you from the jaws of death.
Who says God does not make mistakes?

Well, get ready. The same Northern mafia is back. Jonathan is no match.

Stop whining! Obj became president in 1999 cos of the June 12 injustice. If Obj was not freed, Another SW candidate would still have been president.

I hate it when the People say the North made SW president in 1999. It was MKO who facilitated it. FACT. The north has no choice, that was why they brought OBJ thinking he will be a tool in their hands

unfortunately, he taught them a lesson they would not forget in a hurry.  grin

And pls this is 2010, we are no longer interested in PDP schemings at the federal, we are interested in progress and development in our zone.

History has taught us that having someone from your region as President does not translate to having progress and development in your region,

else the North would been second to Mecca and Ogun State would have been another Dubai.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by jason12345: 10:06pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

Stop whining! Obj became president in 1999 cos of the June 12 injustice. If Obj was not freed, Another SW candidate would still have been president.

I hate it when the People say the North made SW president in 1999. It was MKO who facilitated it. FACT. The north has no choice, that was why they brought OBJ thinking he will be a tool in their hands

unfortunately, he taught them a lesson they would not forget in a hurry.  grin

And pls this is 2010, we are no longer interested in PDP schemings at the federal, we are interested in progress and development in our zone.

History has taught us that having someone from your region as President does not translate to having progress and development in your region,

else the North would been second to Mecca and Ogun State would have been another Dubai.

perfect!!!

the north knew that the yorubas would secede if they were not given their mandate, the igbo always want to secede. so if a yoruba man was not the president 1999, then we would not have nigeria today. they also wanted a pawn yoruba man so they obj for a "prisoner" (obj).

as pdp can see, the yorubas have taken the destiny of their people in their hands and i am sure when the igbos would follow suit cool
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

perfect!!!

the north knew that the yorubas would secede if they were not given their mandate, the igbo always want to secede. so if a yoruba man was not the president 1999, then we would not have nigeria today. they also wanted a pawn yoruba man so they obj for a "prisoner" (obj).

as pdp can see, the yorubas have taken the destiny of their people in their hands and i am sure when the igbos would follow suit cool

We took our destiny in our own hands 40 years or so ago. Awo colluded with the North to twart everything.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by Blazay(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

I hate it when the People say the North made SW president in 1999. It was MKO who facilitated it. FACT. [size=16pt]The north [/size] has no choice, that was why they brought OBJ thinking he will be a tool in their hands unfortunately, he taught them a lesson they would not forget in a hurry.  grin

Oh yeah? shocked
Yet, this same OBJ you are hailing for his maverick political adventures massively rigged the elections in 2003 and was not your candidate according to some of you?  cheesy

Well, I'd be damned.

jason12345:

perfect!!!

So, let us get this straight.
You agree at least that the North or the Northern Mafia? wink BROUGHT(not elected) OBJ from his dying bed in kiri-kiri to pacifier the national sentiment associated with the extinguishing of MKO? Then, you also agree that the same OBJ dealt treacherously with the North by instilling a half-dead Northerner in the form of Yaradua (as a thank-you note) meaning to sureptitiously return power to himself in the form of Jonathan "Badluck"?

We all realize that OBJ is an evil genius and why he was spared will haunt the "Northern Mafia" to this day. But, better late than never. Atiku is here to "fix" all that.

Look at these ingrates.
And who made all these possible?
Not IBB? No?
The will of God?
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by OAM4J: 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Tinubu is not = to Yoruba

Now read this snippet. More coming

http://allafrica.com/stories/200505100386.html

Northern Govs Renew Bid to Stop 13% Derivation

Ise-Oluwa Ige

10 May 2005

Abuja — TEN months after filing a suit at the Supreme Court for the reinstatement of the controversial on-shore/off-shore oil dichotomy, governors of the 19 Northern states have mandated their counsel, Mr Yusuf Ali (SAN) to reactivate their case, pushing for stoppage of the 13 per cent derivation enjoyed by oil producing states in the country.

Three states from the South-West -- Oyo, Osun and Ekiti-- are also on the list of the plaintiffs. However, Oyo had disowned the suit when the matter was initiated last August.

Stop listening to propaganda! If Oyo disowned it, it then means very few selfish Yorubas were involved. I strongly doubted the involvement of Osun and Ekiti too.

We were better-off under Awolowo with true federalism than we are now. That is why we are pulling out our region from PDP and pursuing true federalism. Wait and see what will happen to SW in the next 8yrs.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

Stop listening to propaganda! If Oyo disowned it, it then means very few selfish Yorubas were involved. I strongly doubted the involvement of Osun and Ekiti too.

We were better-off under Awolowo with true federalism than we are now. That is why we are pulling out our region from PDP and pursuing true federalism. Wait and see what will happen to SW in the next 8yrs.

On the contrary Tinubu is the one making propaganda because deep down he will support no extra money for oil states. Only Ondo is different. I am still trying to get the news about the law suit filed by northern and many of the southwestern states. If the south west goes regional, it is good for the SE and others. You will lose eventually at the federal level. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by fstranger: 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2010
[size=28pt]ODIKWA RISKY[/size]
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by jason12345: 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

We took our destiny in our own hand 40 years or so ago.

and i PERFECTLY respect that!!! i can be repeated* POLITICALLY!!!

Blazay:

Look at these ingrates.
And who made all these possible?
Not IBB? No?
The will of God?

agreed, the north had a part to play. but you have to think of it. THEY HAD NO CHOICE!!!

do you think if the yorubas want to secede with the igbos wanting to form their own republic you can stop them? do you think only the north can hold of biafra (because they would see this as an opportunity to leave and achieve their potential), yorubas in nigeria and benin?? cmon, you and i know it was all strategy to keep this country one.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by Blazay(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2010
Back to topic please.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by jason12345: 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2010
Blazay:

Back to topic please.
grin grin grin. okay wink
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by igbobuigbo: 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2010
http://allafrica.com/stories/200408240124.html
Oil Lawsuit: SSOPEC Threatens Oil, Gas Operations

Emma Amaize & Emma Ujah

24 August 2004

Abuja — THE South-South People's Conference (SSOPEC) is threatening to shut down all oil and gas operations in the Niger Delta once the suit filed by the 19 northern states and two South-West states to void the act abrogating the on-shore/off-shore oil dichotomy commences.

Already, a total of N37.90 billion has been accumulated in the escrow account dedicated to the 13 per cent off-shore derivation meant for sharing among the littoral oil producing states.
Re: Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate by OAM4J: 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

We took our destiny in our own hands 40 years or so ago. Awo colluded with the North to twart everything.

Agreed! Why then do you want to lick the ass of the North again, so you'll have a SE president in 2015.

Imagine how beautiful it will be, if for instance all SE states are in APGA instead of being in the Northern infested PDP.

About time the SS and SE retake their destinies in their hand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APGA To Control 3 Out Of 5 South East States As Alex Oti Defects / BREAKING: Fulanis Suspend Leader For Endorsing Jonathan / Nigerian Armed Forces: The Post-1975 Trend Of Military Hardware Acquisitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.